Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is this possible?  (Read 513 times)
Sweeet123 (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:38:43 AM

Basically today I had 99 post count and 99 activity, And I made 18 posts (this will be 19th) all today and I haven't used my account in a while so I figured that today my activity would go up 14 and end up at 113. Some how my activity has gone up 16 in one day, I thought it only goes up 14 per 2 weeks. Is this a simple thing that happens or was I lucky enough to hit the rollover time for activity by the hour (not exactly sure what Im saying vaguely know how activity really works) Let me know, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:47:52 AM

Basically today I had 99 post count and 99 activity, And I made 18 posts (this will be 19th) all today and I haven't used my account in a while so I figured that today my activity would go up 14 and end up at 113. Some how my activity has gone up 16 in one day, I thought it only goes up 14 per 2 weeks. Is this a simple thing that happens or was I lucky enough to hit the rollover time for activity by the hour (not exactly sure what Im saying vaguely know how activity really works) Let me know, thanks.
It takes some time for activity to update, even if you have "earned" additional activity. I believe the same is true regarding rankings as well.

As of now you are showing as having 115 activity, provided thatvyou make sufficient posts, you should have 126 activity and will become a full member once you have 120 posts. 
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:49:48 AM

It takes some time for activity to update, even if you have "earned" additional activity. I believe the same is true regarding rankings as well.

As of now you are showing as having 115 activity, provided thatvyou make sufficient posts, you should have 126 activity and will become a full member once you have 120 posts. 
I don't think you understand what my post is about, I started with 99 post and activity today, and it has gone up 16 activity when I thought the most it could go up is 14 per 14 days. I'm not sure if I am confused how activity works or if this is unusual.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 03:53:08 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 04:10:33 AM by Lutpin

You had potential activity. At 99 posts and 99 activity, your potential activity was 116.
Now you start posting in a new activity period, your potential activity goes up to 126.
You will continue to earn activity until you reached your potential (126 posts/activity).

I'm not sure if I am confused how activity works or if this is unusual.
This is perfectly fine, your understanding of the activity system is just lacking some details.

EDIT: Updated with correct potential activity numbers.
https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=gukcoq3o

provided thatvyou make sufficient posts, you should have 126 activity and will become a full member once you have 120 posts.  
Activity can't be greater than the post number (unlike potential activity, that can).
You either meant 120 activity and posts (which would make you full member) or 126 activity and posts (which is their current potential).

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:56:40 AM

You had potential activity. At 99 posts and 99 activity, your potential activity was 102.
Now you start posting in a new activity period, your potential activity goes up to 116.
After 16 posts, you reach your potential activity with your acutal activity, any further posts don't give you additional activity.
This brings us to the current situation, 121 posts and 115 activity (soon to be 116).

This is perfectly fine, your understanding of the activity system is just lacking some details.
Ok so what exactly is potential activity, what do you do to get potential activity. Thanks.
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 04:02:31 AM

Ok so what exactly is potential activity, what do you do to get potential activity. Thanks.
Make atleast one post in two weeks, i.e. one period, to earn 14 potential activity points.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 04:06:26 AM

Ok so what exactly is potential activity, what do you do to get potential activity.
Potential activity is the amount of activity you can earn right now (without any further activity periods).
Your potential activity equals to the amount of activity periods you have posted in times 14 (In your case, that would be 126, based on 14 times 9).

The activity number is determined in this way:
potential activity = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(potential activity * 14, posts)
(Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582736.0; Adjusted time to potential activity.)

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:07:23 AM

Make atleast one post in two weeks, i.e. one period, to earn 14 potential activity points.
Ah ok, so if you left your account and came back after 2 weeks, you have 14 potential activity and then after you gain that potential activity you can then gain another 14 activity? Sorry if im not understand this is just a bit confusing for me.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:08:56 AM

You had potential activity. At 99 posts and 99 activity, your potential activity was 102.
Now you start posting in a new activity period, your potential activity goes up to 116.
After 16 posts, you reach your potential activity with your acutal activity, any further posts don't give you additional activity.
This brings us to the current situation, 121 posts and 115 activity (soon to be 116).

You will get 14 potential activity every two weeks if you make at least one post within that period. If you make more than or equal to 14 posts within that period, you will use up all the potential activity you've made during the two weeks. However, if you made only one post during that two weeks, you will have 13 unuse potential activity.

Potential activity will be converted to activity when you make new posts. That means if you make more than 14 posts in two weeks, and you have potential activity left, your potential activity (from the previews two weeks) will be converted to activity.

Activity will always be equal (give the server sometime to update) or less than your post. It will never be higher.

* Not sure if I am correct or if my explanation make sense. So if anyone found something wrong, please correct me.

* Sorry even though it has been explained before I manage to post mine version, kindly just let me post it. Sad.

Ah ok, so if you left your account and came back after 2 weeks, you have 14 potential activity and then after you gain that potential activity you can then gain another 14 activity? Sorry if im not understand this is just a bit confusing for me.

Yes.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:11:16 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 04:22:17 AM by Sweeet123

You will get 14 potential activity every two weeks if you make at least one post within that period. If you make more than or equal to 14 posts within that period, you will use up all the potential activity you've made during the two weeks. However, if you made only one post during that two weeks, you will have 13 unuse potential activity.

Potential activity will be converted to activity when you make new posts. That means if you make more than 14 posts in two weeks, and you have potential activity left, your potential activity (from the previews two weeks) will be converted to activity.

Activity will always be equal (give the server sometime to update) or less than your post. It will never be higher.

* Not sure if I am correct or if my explanation make sense. So if anyone found something wrong, please correct me.

Yes.
Ohhhh ok, so if you are to post only 1 time every 2 weeks 10 times for 20 weeks your potential activity will be 130 ? Or would it still be 13 from the first week becuase you didn't post 13 more times from your last activity cycle. Thanks if this is true then I will fully understand

EDIT: Your post helps me understand Smiley Also how do I have 126 activity but my account is still member, does it just take a little while to update? Thanks for all the help.
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 04:38:03 AM

Ohhhh ok, so if you are to post only 1 time every 2 weeks 10 times for 20 weeks your potential activity will be 130 ? Or would it still be 13 from the first week becuase you didn't post 13 more times from your last activity cycle. Thanks if this is true then I will fully understand
Lets assume that two weeks is equal to one period. If you make 1 post in one period, you can earn maximum 14 potential activity points. So, if you make 1 post in each period for 20 consecutive periods, you will earn 280 potential activity points and become a potential Sr. member.
Thanks for all the help.
You can lock this thread if you dont have any more questions to ask.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: