Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:23:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] ZEC Claymore v8 on 480 massive difficulty spike?  (Read 2398 times)
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:40:01 PM

pointless accusing thread.
u can set static diff..that said this thread aims something else.

Hardly pointless as I was having an issue and seeking advice as well as wondering if others were experiencing this.

OP is using nicehash port for some reason.

edit: change your port to 2142, 2143 is high difficulty port for nicehash miners.

Huh strange, it worked all this time without fault. As you suggested I changed the port to 2142 and it's working much better now. Diff currently is 1088H.

Many thanks for your help!  Smiley

EDIT: now there's another strange problem - before I was getting about 190H/s with Claymore v8. Now I've changed ports and the difficulty is lower, I'm only seeing a hashrate of 160 H/s  Huh

See here is the problem. When you set diff too low your card has to work harder having to reset job after share submittal thus causing a loss in hr because of the time it takes to submit a share  You will always gain a little hr by setting a high diff share but it has a limit. You need to be able to submit at least one share per 2.5 min with bad luck.  So I'd say you need to be able to submit one share every 20 seconds. So I'd have my diff set at max 20x my hashrate so that in the case of 10x luck share it at least has a chance unlike the 140x vardiff port. Most likely you will see a block change before you submit a share.. 140x leaves no room for bad luck causes more rejects and the weight of those rejects are much heavier.   If the network diff wasn't rising like mad it wouldn't matter since variance would all even out. But that's not the case

A truly good pool will allow us to set our own diff.  Anyone know of a pool that allows me to set my own diff?  That would be ideal situation

Maybe dwarfpool implement this. I will test them for a few days. Pps when diff is skyrocketing only makes sense anyway

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 09:09:37 PM

Hardly pointless as I was having an issue and seeking advice as well as wondering if others were experiencing this.

edit: change your port to 2142, 2143 is high difficulty port for nicehash miners.

Huh strange, it worked all this time without fault. As you suggested I changed the port to 2142 and it's working much better now. Diff currently is 1088H.

EDIT: now there's another strange problem - before I was getting about 190H/s with Claymore v8. Now I've changed ports and the difficulty is lower, I'm only seeing a hashrate of 160 H/s  Huh

See here is the problem. When you set diff too low your card has to work harder having to reset job after share submittal thus causing a loss in hr because of the time it takes to submit a share  You will always gain a little hr by setting a high diff share but it has a limit. You need to be able to submit at least one share per 2.5 min with bad luck.  So I'd say you need to be able to submit one share every 20 seconds. So I'd have my diff set at max 20x my hashrate so that in the case of 10x luck share it at least has a chance unlike the 140x vardiff port. Most likely you will see a block change before you submit a share.. 140x leaves no room for bad luck causes more rejects and the weight of those rejects are much heavier.   If the network diff wasn't rising like mad it wouldn't matter since variance would all even out. But that's not the case

A truly good pool will allow us to set our own diff.  Anyone know of a pool that allows me to set my own diff?  That would be ideal situation

Maybe dwarfpool implement this. I will test them for a few days. Pps when diff is skyrocketing only makes sense anyway

BR

Precisely described Sir, +1 for you

Its good to understand it from someone who knows what they are talking about and who knows how to describe the issue so that people like me with lesser understanding of issue can actually understand the things that are happening in the background.
Thank you so much
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 07:41:05 PM

BR

You guys never read the Getting started pages or the ann threads, huh ?

Look here:

https://zec.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Search for "Static diff"

or look here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1656416.msg16867439#msg16867439

You can set your own diff on suprnova through the password field.. Just use d=500 for example as password (no matter what your real worker password is) and you have a static diff of 500 for your rig

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:50:36 PM

You guys never read the Getting started pages or the ann threads, huh ?

You can set your own diff on suprnova through the password field.. Just use d=500 for example as password (no matter what your real worker password is) and you have a static diff of 500 for your rig

I do read them but still missed that, only saw that d=8192 thing. You need to use colors and bigger fonts  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: