Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sale order avalon batch 3  (Read 3302 times)
Harley (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:06:34 AM

209 is awfully tempting!  Are you going to accept that if you get no more offers?
To whoever offered 209BTC, if real, please pm me. I will offer a batch 2 order for that price.
no. this is my prospective buyer)

prospective buyer = imaginary buyer?
maybe yes, maybe no
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:30:00 PM

209 is awfully tempting!  Are you going to accept that if you get no more offers?
To whoever offered 209BTC, if real, please pm me. I will offer a batch 2 order for that price.
no. this is my prospective buyer)

prospective buyer = imaginary buyer?
maybe yes, maybe no

Either that or someone is price trolling you...

tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:08:00 PM

I know you want to keep this to PM, but I am wondering what kind of offers you've been getting.  I haven't seen any other batch 3 preorders for sale at all.  Just wondering what the market rate is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165152.0

Also, I have been always offered about 15k$. When price was 100$, I got offered 150BTC, now I'm getting offers from 100-115. Note: One has been sold for approx. 15k$.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:24:01 PM

I know you want to keep this to PM, but I am wondering what kind of offers you've been getting.  I haven't seen any other batch 3 preorders for sale at all.  Just wondering what the market rate is.

Also, I have been always offered about 15k$. When price was 100$, I got offered 150BTC, now I'm getting offers from 100-115. Note: One has been sold for approx. 15k$.

I know what you say is true, but I still do not understand it. Avalon mines BTC, and if I'm willing to invest in Avalon I will project the return the Avalon will give me in BTC - therefore the exchange rate is not relevant when considering to invest in that machine.

If now 1 BTC goes to $10.000, whould you sell an Avalon for 3BTC ($30k)? No, because you know that it will mine at least x20 that figure (3BTC), because it's hashing power and therefore the returns you will have in BTC have nothing to do with the exchange rate.

That said, I might sell an Avalon batch #3 for aprox. 150BTC, but I would never sell it for 100-115BTC, regardless of the exchange rate.

tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:16:16 PM

I know what you say is true, but I still do not understand it. Avalon mines BTC, and if I'm willing to invest in Avalon I will project the return the Avalon will give me in BTC - therefore the exchange rate is not relevant when considering to invest in that machine.

If now 1 BTC goes to $10.000, whould you sell an Avalon for 3BTC ($30k)? No, because you know that it will mine at least x20 that figure (3BTC), because it's hashing power and therefore the returns you will have in BTC have nothing to do with the exchange rate.

That said, I might sell an Avalon batch #3 for aprox. 150BTC, but I would never sell it for 100-115BTC, regardless of the exchange rate.

It is all about selling risk and just making profit. It is not about longterm, but shortterm.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:27:03 PM

It is all about selling risk and just making profit. It is not about longterm, but shortterm.

Converting BTC to fiat is never a profit in my book, unless you only convert a tiny fraction of your stash for practical purposes.

Profit is making your BTC stash grow.

Harley (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:36:21 PM

Converting BTC to fiat is never a profit in my book, unless you only convert a tiny fraction of your stash for practical purposes.

Profit is making your BTC stash grow.
Gentlemen, bitkoin addition , there are other areas where  can invest and where actual videocard , not Avalon.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:49:58 PM

Totally not true.  You must always weigh whether its smarter to buy hardware that makes BTC vs just buying and holding BTC.  If the machine won't make more BTC in its useful life than what you could have had by buying outright, then you should just buy BTC.  If the opposite is true, buy the machine.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:15:14 PM

Same Q as above - why selling your pre-order?
write on russian - dont have money
money can not buy happiness.(c) russian humor

but it can rent it

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:47:29 PM

Totally not true.  You must always weigh whether its smarter to buy hardware that makes BTC vs just buying and holding BTC.  If the machine won't make more BTC in its useful life than what you could have had by buying outright, then you should just buy BTC.  If the opposite is true, buy the machine.

I do not discuss that, in fact is correct: I pay my machine (Avalon batch #3, as per OP) in BTC - therefore I only care about the return I will get in BTC. That is the info I need to evaluate if I want to buy the machine or just to buy and hold BTC.

If the machine won't make more BTC in its useful life than its price (76,46btc) I don't buy it. If the opposite is true, I buy. And this has nothing to do with the exchange rate: if BTC/USD goes to $10K, would you sell your Avalon for 3BTC??

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 05:59:12 PM

I do not discuss that, in fact is correct: I pay my machine (Avalon batch #3, as per OP) in BTC - therefore I only care about the return I will get in BTC. That is the info I need to evaluate if I want to buy the machine or just to buy and hold BTC.

If the machine won't make more BTC in its useful life than its price (76,46btc) I don't buy it. If the opposite is true, I buy. And this has nothing to do with the exchange rate: if BTC/USD goes to $10K, would you sell your Avalon for 3BTC??

You're right, I misread.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:51:11 PM

So you were willing to sell for 150 btc, right ? Now you would sell it for that price no matter what based on your logic, correct ? So, let's consider the other scenario. If btc exchange rate goes to $10, will you still accept 150 btc ? You would indeed isn't it ? Or will you vanish at that time ?
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:07:54 PM

So you were willing to sell for 150 btc, right ? Now you would sell it for that price no matter what based on your logic, correct ? So, let's consider the other scenario. If btc exchange rate goes to $10, will you still accept 150 btc ? You would indeed isn't it ? Or will you vanish at that time ?

I said: I might sell an Avalon for 150BTC, which does not mean that I'm willing to sell it.

Anyhow: yes, I would honor the btc price regardless of the exchange rate - I'm 100% sure about that. An Avalon will generate X btc in Y time, and exchange rate won't affect that, at least in the short term (long term network difficulty would be affected). Even if BTC/USD goes down to $1, 1000BTC is a bad price for an Avalon, as you will never get back your 1000BTC. If then BTC/USD skyrockets... Well, it would have been wiser just to keep your 1000BTC instead of purchasing a miner.

shibaji

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:37:50 PM

I said: I might sell an Avalon for 150BTC, which does not mean that I'm willing to sell it.

Anyhow: yes, I would honor the btc price regardless of the exchange rate - I'm 100% sure about that. An Avalon will generate X btc in Y time, and exchange rate won't affect that, at least in the short term (long term network difficulty would be affected). Even if BTC/USD goes down to $1, 1000BTC is a bad price for an Avalon, as you will never get back your 1000BTC. If then BTC/USD skyrockets... Well, it would have been wiser just to keep your 1000BTC instead of purchasing a miner.

Problem is, this logic is fine for people who have mined BTC and not for those who bought them with USD. Since I bought BTC with USD, I would constantly compare my USD investment. I guess many are in the same boat as mine.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:48:04 AM

Problem is, this logic is fine for people who have mined BTC and not for those who bought them with USD. Since I bought BTC with USD, I would constantly compare my USD investment. I guess many are in the same boat as mine.

I understand this, but an Avalon will generate BTC, not USD. Thus, if the machine generates more BTC in its life than you paid for it, it is a good investment. If it does not generate the same amount or more BTC than you paid for it, it's wiser to just buy BTC and hold.

You will agree on the fact that the above logic is completely independent from the exchange rate. 1000BTC is a bad price for an Avalon even at $0,5 BTC/USD. 1BTC is a bargain even at $100.000 BTC/USD

shibaji

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:52:49 AM

You will agree on the fact that the above logic is completely independent from the exchange rate. 1000BTC is a bad price for an Avalon even at $0,5 BTC/USD. 1BTC is a bargain even at $100.000 BTC/USD

Yes, I agree.

However, this is still a hybrid World - so even Avalon had to pay fiat to obtain raw material to build their machine, and if with current difficulty btc/usd exchange rate was 10, I am 100% sure Avalon would have tied their sale price to usd, and not btc.

You statement will be 100% applicable when we would be able to purchase anything and everything with btc - when no btc-fiat conversion will be needed. That day will come eventually, not sure when.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:05:00 AM

Yes, I agree.

However, this is still a hybrid World - so even Avalon had to pay fiat to obtain raw material to build their machine, and if with current difficulty btc/usd exchange rate was 10, I am 100% sure Avalon would have tied their sale price to usd, and not btc.

You statement will be 100% applicable when we would be able to purchase anything and everything with btc - when no btc-fiat conversion will be needed. That day will come eventually, not sure when.

I already "broke the loop" with my modest BTC stash. I really enjoy to invest my BTC to generate more BTC, without even looking at the exchange rate. The less money we feed to bankers, the more free we are Wink

Harley (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:44:04 PM

received an offer of group investing. night remove ad sales and open offer of group buying
Harley (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:14:48 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 08:21:24 AM by Harley

theme closed
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170719.0
or
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170723.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print