Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is post quality should be?  (Read 1478 times)
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 11:35:13 PM

I have to agree with op's concern as they echo mine also.English is not my first language and as such I always have problem expressing my true thoughts in it.
I do have a lots of time something useful to add to topic of thread or ask an important question but due to my bad English, I ended up making what mosts think an unconstructive post Sad
I know there are local forums but first they are not much active and second more interesting and informative threads are created in English forum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pro Gamers (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 12:48:14 AM

I have to agree with op's concern as they echo mine also.English is not my first language and as such I always have problem expressing my true thoughts in it.
I do have a lots of time something useful to add to topic of thread or ask an important question but due to my bad English, I ended up making what mosts think an unconstructive post Sad
I know there are local forums but first they are not much active and second more interesting and informative threads are created in English forum

Exactly what i wanted to say you got me very nice, its not all about the 75 characters where most ofthereplies were about. I know what constructive is and to answer wrong to an obvious question is not spamming rather than stupidity, and im not stupid i respect every people i met.

We are different people we have different cultures lets exercise ourselves to understand this environment, their opininios and concerns are not to worsen you but to help to build a new you. The replies enlightened me and reminds me that this is not an ordinary forum i met every single day in my local forum. Im sure the same as you do. Every people have different way of understanding.

And if you think someone is threatening your bad english and shows your past, prove that the past and present you are not the same. The same person but not the same in terms of knowledge. I came here with nothing as i stated, respect their opinions it will help you out.

Peace mate.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 02:44:29 AM

From the thread title, I knew that the problem with the user was going to be bad English/grammar.
Plenty of advice has been given on improving post quality.

That said, I reiterate my view that negative trust shouldn't be the way out for spamming. A 7 or 14 day ban in this case might have been the best way forward.

Moderators don't step in when there are disputes and DT members leave negative feedback.
DT members shouldn't really be stepping in when the issue is spam / poor quality of posts.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 06:48:25 AM

The quality of the posts is not the problem. The problem is that most of the new content that is being written daily says nothing new as crazy as this might sound. I have stopped reading the other posts past the OP and the thread heading because it's guaranteed to be regurgitated content. And I am sick of reading artificial posts be it with more or less than 75 characters or 100 characters or whatever amount of characters you wish. Interesting topics do pop up though and then we have really intriguing discussions going on but that is rare. Most if not all of the topics get diluted and sidetracked real fast. Personally I feel jaded and I think my time spent here is not worth it any more and I am trying to only scan for new interesting content and pass up on the rest which is just noise.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: