Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:10:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Exchange Prices Apps  (Read 1303 times)
lostdroid (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 10:14:47 PM

Sorry I've had to post here because I've only just signed up to the forum.  I've been working on an Android App to retrieve Bitcoin price information from Bitcoin Charts and thought I'd make it available to everyone.  Hopefully you may find it useful or may want to comment.

The App connects to Bitcoin Charts service on start up and downloads the current prices.  If you bring up the menu you can manually update the prices and selecting an exchange displays the full details of the exchange.  Bitcoin Charts request that updates occur at a maximum of every 15 minutes but since this is a manual process I don't think that will be a problem.  In the next version I want to look at automatically updating every 15 minutes, keeping a history on the phone.  I'd also like to have a favourites list and the ability to configure alarms for prices rising or falling beyond a configurable threshold.  I've tested the app on 2.2, 2.3 and 1.6 using the emulator.

It can be downloaded from the link below where you will also find a couple of screenshots:

https://sites.google.com/a/lostdroids.net/lostdroids/applications

or using the short URL

http://goo.gl/BH7ja

I'm afraid you will need to enable Third Party Apps to install until I get a Market Account.  I've kept the permissions to a minimum though.

If you like this App, find it useful and want to keep me motivated working on it then please consider donating whatever you think it is worth to you :

1NuvRn89P5tYmUTfcL5WSu5BwduqpmpkoH

Thank you,

J
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 10:28:44 PM

Looks nice.
Maybe you could add a filter so that people could define which exchange rates (currency pair) they want to see.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
KeepingScore

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 12:29:56 AM

thanks!
tulkos

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:47:06 AM

Works well on Galaxy S 2.2
Good app.

Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:54:44 AM

Nice app! Works perfectly on Moto Atrix

now.. how about a widget?
torusJKL

Activity: 619

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:33:10 AM

Works well on HTC Magic with Android 2.3.4 (cos)

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
khornate

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 01:46:08 AM

Looks cool Smiley I'd like an iPhone app that could make trading easier but it'd be impossible to get through Apple's screening process heh.
Hollie

Activity: 84

This account was a fraudulent account.

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:54:59 AM

works great on EVO 4G

This account was a fraudulent account created by a girl in Melbourne, Australia. There is no point messaging this account, continue with reversing all paypal transactions.
oddity

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 06:58:58 AM

great Smiley

any chance of making a widget for it?
tsupp4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:09:36 AM

Very nice, why not adding it to Android Market?

"It's not rich who got much, but who gives much."
lostdroid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 06:42:44 PM

I've just started working on a Widget, I don't get a lot of free time but I'll try and get one working as soon as I can.

As for the Android Market, I'm not currently signed up for it.  I'll look at doing this too as soon as I get time.  I does cost to sign up for but it's not a lot, about the value of 1 BTC if I remember correctly.  I understand is feels much safer installing from the Market rather than some link in a forum.

Byung

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:22:52 PM

Works nice on the Advent Vega tablet, although I am using a custom ROM if that makes any difference or not.

Nice work
lostdroid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 06:38:28 AM

The app appears to have stopped working today.  I've just about got to the bottom of the problem and will try to release an update later.  If you wish you can you use my Google Group to track this at:

http://groups.google.com/group/lostdroids/

When its resolved I will post here and to the group.

Thank you,

J
datnoidpoop

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 07:19:26 AM

hmmm, i'll give this a download.
lostdroid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 10:56:25 AM

Issue resolved.  bitcoincharts.com which generates the data used by my app have stopped supplying the number of trades.  I'm not sure why at this stage but my error handling didn't deal with this.  There is a new version at the address below which resolves this:

https://sites.google.com/a/lostdroids.net/lostdroids/applications

Short URL:

http://goo.gl/BH7ja

Thank you,

J
kseistrup

Activity: 566

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 11:46:07 AM

Looks cool! Smiley