Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:14:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: password change - where to find  (Read 643 times)
vlom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 06:56:14 PM

hi

i often read about checking when the password of an account was changed. but i could not find it. thanks for helping me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 07:05:36 PM

hi

i often read about checking when the password of an account was changed. but i could not find it. thanks for helping me.

https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php
The trust page will show a message too if a user changed their password in the last 3 days.  Or 30 days if they changed their password through email.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 07:07:57 PM

Of course! You can see the notification on the user's trust page as shown below.

vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 07:15:29 PM

thank you. but it looks like i lost the trust button an can't see the "trust-rating" of an user anymore.

or i am totally confused today.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 07:17:33 PM

thank you. but it looks like i lost the trust button an can't say the "trust-rating" of an user anymore.
Marketplace trust isn't shown in discussion sections like Meta.

Go to one of your latest posts here and you will see the trust links.
Else, just visit the users profile and go to their trust page from there.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 07:19:07 PM

ahh, thats why. danke vielmals.
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:00:27 AM

Why password change is shown to everyone? I mean what purpose does it serves to tell everyone that X user has changed his/her password in YY period of time? isn't it a good practice to keep our password changing frequently or this doesn't apply to this forum?

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 02:23:42 AM

Why password change is shown to everyone? I mean what purpose does it serves to tell everyone that X user has changed his/her password in YY period of time? isn't it a good practice to keep our password changing frequently or this doesn't apply to this forum?

Trust is tied to the original owner, therefore if the account is compromised or sold it could pose a risk to others. It serves as a warning and a reminder to request signed communication from the other party, especially if the user is acting out of the norm.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:57:32 PM

I'll explain it to you in as simple terms as I can.

Consider a situation :
You agreed for a trade over 10 bitcoins with someone in bitcointalk.It's obvious you wouldn't know them personally so all you have to trust is the bitcointalk account.
Next day,your account gets hacked,your details are changed and hacker immediately messages your trader guy as an imposter and redirects bitcoins to his address.

Two situations :
1.If password change wouldn't be visible to anyone.
Other trader party would never know if there is someone else behind your account.
They will give no second thoughts since there is nothing suspicious about it.Only after the hack and money transfer when original account holder  posts from a new account you'd realized you have been ripped off.

2.If password change is visible [the current scenario].
Before the trade,change in sudden plans or address changes would quickly give you hint to check out their profile to see if the password has changed.If it's changed,you'd be extra careful sending them coins.If smart enough,you can ask for a signed message from the oldest staked address.Saves you from lot of potential scams.
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 12:47:04 AM

I'll explain it to you in as simple terms as I can.

Consider a situation :
You agreed for a trade over 10 bitcoins with someone in bitcointalk.It's obvious you wouldn't know them personally so all you have to trust is the bitcointalk account.
Next day,your account gets hacked,your details are changed and hacker immediately messages your trader guy as an imposter and redirects bitcoins to his address.

Two situations :
1.If password change wouldn't be visible to anyone.
Other trader party would never know if there is someone else behind your account.
They will give no second thoughts since there is nothing suspicious about it.Only after the hack and money transfer when original account holder  posts from a new account you'd realized you have been ripped off.

2.If password change is visible [the current scenario].
Before the trade,change in sudden plans or address changes would quickly give you hint to check out their profile to see if the password has changed.If it's changed,you'd be extra careful sending them coins.If smart enough,you can ask for a signed message from the oldest staked address.Saves you from lot of potential scams.

Thanks for this explanation but isn't escrow used to avoid scams and even is such situations, escrow must ascertain the identity of both parties before releasing the funds?
Second we do not usually check the log to see which user has changed the password or not before dealing.
Like me,I didn't even know that such feature exist

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: