Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox approval queue - (updated with current numbers)  (Read 29269 times)
Inedible (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:59:44 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 01:45:47 AM by Inedible

Well I'm glad to see at least some people have the sense to follow what has been going on here. Yeah, MtGox didn't "stop trade" back when BTC went up 150% in two days. They did however as the price was falling and they needed a little time to beg, borrow and steal enough to be able to settle their gaping short position. Hurr durr.

Yes, it's circumstantial evidence, and yes they are idiots. Nevertheless, never attribute to plain stupidity that which also could be explained by malice. You'll live longer that way.

PS: She.

I'm absent from these forums for months at a time, sometimes even years so I don't really know who you are so apologies if I've mischaracterised you but you seem awfully angry at something (you've got 3000 posts to your name so you might have a lot to be angry about - I really don't know).

I agree with you that it's circumstantial and I'll agree that you'll protect yourself by being cynical.

May I ask, are you pro or anti-bitcoin?

Also, were you in another thread where I asked about why Ignore links are coloured?

Edited: Removed last question because it was THIS thread Cheesy

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood. 1N6rmaDiPf8ke3mx8217NykAMDZXkX713x

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:00:58 AM

What is a bold claim?   That the winkelvoss' did not leave money on the exchange?   Read their quote yourself hero. 

It's a bold claim you're making of Mt. Gox. And what's with the name calling or are you just being over familiar?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood. 1N6rmaDiPf8ke3mx8217NykAMDZXkX713x
tosku

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 12:08:34 AM

Any updates on the queue numbers?

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:09:54 AM

What is a bold claim?   That the winkelvoss' did not leave money on the exchange?   Read their quote yourself hero. 

It's a bold claim you're making of Mt. Gox. And what's with the name calling or are you just being over familiar?
Quote the claim that you find so bold because I have NO IDEA what you are talking about

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

That can't be legal.
Really?   how naive are you?   Mt Gox is following the money laundering laws but name the organization that is regulating how they conduct business?   You are complete fools if you leave deposits there.   The winklevoss' did not not (and they are spoiled idiots) and yet you do?

You're saying Mt. Gox does this.

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:13:11 AM

Any updates on the queue numbers?

Unfortunately I've heard no more from the users that are in the queue.

If anyone else has any information I'd love to hear from them.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:14:01 AM

That can't be legal.
Really?   how naive are you?   Mt Gox is following the money laundering laws but name the organization that is regulating how they conduct business?   You are complete fools if you leave deposits there.   The winklevoss' did not not (and they are spoiled idiots) and yet you do?

You're saying Mt. Gox does this.
Yes, they claim to restrict deposits and withdraws because they are following money laundering laws.   SEND ME THE URL WHERE THEY CITE WHO IS OVERSEEING THAT THEY SEGREGATE FUNDS?
Try learning to read, you are starting to piss me off.

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:30:28 AM

Yes, they claim to restrict deposits and withdraws because they are following money laundering laws.   SEND ME THE URL WHERE THEY CITE WHO IS OVERSEEING THAT THEY SEGREGATE FUNDS?

Seems like you have anger issues.

You're asking someone to prove a negative. It's not possible.

This isn't evidence they're doing anything wrong.

I'm not saying they're not doing anything wrong. You're making the claim - you need to back that up.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:36:19 AM

Seems like you have anger issues.

You're asking someone to prove a negative. It's not possible.

This isn't evidence they're doing anything wrong.

I'm not saying they're not doing anything wrong. You're making the claim - you need to back that up.
learn to read and READ the whole string.   I am not saying anything of the sort.   I answered a question from someone who claims they COULD NOT do something which they CAN DO.   Then someone said it would be ILLEGAL.   IT IS NOT as they do not have ANYONE governing what they do in regards to seg.
Get it?   Read the first time and stop projecting.   You are a fool.

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:50:44 AM

learn to read and READ the whole string.   I am not saying anything of the sort.   I answered a question from someone who claims they COULD NOT do something which they CAN DO.   Then someone said it would be ILLEGAL.   IT IS NOT as they do not have ANYONE governing what they do in regards to seg.

Ok, so you're a bit volatile so I'll be brief.

There was no question about whether Mt.Gox can do this or not.

I said it would be illegal for them to do this as they're taking other people's funds to pay other parties. They're still liable for the Bitcoins even if the whole thing tanks. This activity would be no different if Mt. Gox took the Bitcoin themselves and spent it on fast cars or loose women.

Just because an activity has no oversight doesn't make it legal.

I can only assume your first language isn't English as your posts are really difficult to follow... or maybe it's just me and my comprehension skills aren't what they used to be.

Regardless, you need to make your point with a little less anger. I'm sorry for whatever is going on in your life right now that's making you this unhappy but really, taking it out on strangers on a forum isn't going to help at all.

Good luck.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:56:21 AM

Ok, so you're a bit volatile so I'll be brief.

There was no question about whether Mt.Gox can do this or not.

I said it would be illegal for them to do this as they're taking other people's funds to pay other parties. They're still liable for the Bitcoins even if the whole thing tanks. This activity would be no different if Mt. Gox took the Bitcoin themselves and spent it on fast cars or loose women.

Just because an activity has no oversight doesn't make it legal.

I can only assume your first language isn't English as your posts are really difficult to follow... or maybe it's just me and my comprehension skills aren't what they used to be.

Regardless, you need to make your point with a little less anger. I'm sorry for whatever is going on in your life right now that's making you this unhappy but really, taking it out on strangers on a forum isn't going to help at all.

Good luck.
What happen with the seg accounts that JP Morgan violated for MF Global?   Anyone in jail?   You really think that is ILLEGAL?   And there really is NO CRIME if you are short and then the market crashes and you cover your short so no one really lost any money anyway, is there?   think about it.

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:57:29 PM

Updated

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:51:01 PM

any new updates?
Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:15:44 PM

Unfortunately no.

I'm having a hard time getting people to give me an update on their queue positions.

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:28:01 AM

Does nobody have an update on their queue position?

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:16:05 AM

Thanks to Seleme for the latest update Smiley

TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:18:43 AM

Does nobody have an update on their queue position?

Just keep opening accounts under false names and sending in bogus docs.  Grin

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:22:50 AM

Just keep opening accounts under false names and sending in bogus docs.  Grin

That's what I've been doing. So far I've sent in 14,200 applications...

Inedible (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:41:30 AM

Documents sent last friday afternoon (2013-04-26 ~14:00 UTC): position in the queue= 16720
This morning (2013-04-29 08:00 UTC)  : 13760

Thanks, info added Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: