Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:34:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Think I'v been scammed=/  (Read 749 times)
Mr.V (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:07:16 AM

Just made a trade with user "chinacoin" and after I sent him 20LTC he said he sent me 2000WDC he now isn't msging me back can some one please send a Worldcoin to this
address:WbXcENr8kxc4hSxoHPfhUmyD9CHKBqKgzt and pm me if you did so I know nothing is messed up on my end. I'll send the coin back if you want

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yacoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:09:50 AM

Good thing for telling me. He's trying to sell me some WDC as well!
yacoin

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:10:15 AM

I'm selling about 18,000 WDC for 25 LTC per 1k.
ChinaCoin

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:11:49 AM

You did mess up. Restart your connection and check your firewall.
gudmunsn

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:21:01 AM

You did mess up. Restart your connection and check your firewall.

You POS. you scammed me too. CHINACOIN IS A DAMN SCAMMER!!

Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:22:25 AM

I will do that I never would have posted this if you responded to my msg after receiving my ltc, but you didn't respond..If im wrong I'll correct it. im going to restart client and let down firewall to see if this the problem

gudmunsn

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:27:26 AM

I will do that I never would have posted this if you responded to my msg after receiving my ltc, but you didn't respond..If im wrong I'll correct it. im going to restart client and let down firewall to see if this the problem

dude, it's not you. He just took my coins about 15 mins ago and didn't send his part of the trade, then logged off. what an ass.

Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:30:18 AM

nope didn't work restarted client and firewall allowing worldcoin.exe...hes a strait up scammer, I know I don't have rep here on the board but I'm a genuinely decent person. It's to bad my first trade on this board had to be a scammer. I'm out 20ltc but lessoned learned don't trade on the boards I'm waiting for world coin to hit the exchanges where I can get them for sure

Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:35:39 AM

Just want give thanks to who ever just sent me worldcoin. Good to know theres some good people here. Thanks

champbronc2

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:01:27 AM

He just messaged me offering 4000 WDC for 2 BTC.

Will report back how it goes. I required him to go first (which is perfectly reasonable, I've been here for over a year). Haven't heard back from him after saying he needs to go first though lol.

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:03:11 AM

Will report back how it goes. I required him to go first (which is perfectly reasonable, I've been here for over a year). Haven't heard back from him after saying he needs to go first though lol.

He may not trust you (I know, I know) so why don't you offer escrow? (Safe for BOTH parties)
bapakece

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:08:45 AM

this scammer should had been banned from this forum  Angry
champbronc2

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:08:58 AM

He may not trust you (I know, I know) so why don't you offer escrow? (Safe for BOTH parties)
He messaged me back:

Quote from: ChinaCunt
]You go first, and yes we can split the order in half if that's what you'd prefer.
Now come on, this dude is screaming scam.

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:11:16 AM

He messaged me back:

]You go first, and yes we can split the order in half if that's what you'd prefer.

He's raised all the red flags and done it to multiple people, this either needs to be dealt with by a ban or at least a scammer tag.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:13:44 AM

Good thing for telling me. He's trying to sell me some WDC as well!
I've never really liked the Caviar models. 2 of 3 (1 RMAd.... then the RMA failed) have failed within 5 years with the other occasionally sounding the death click alarm, and they don't have anything particularly exciting going on, so I'm not really sure why it's supposed to be "caviar." I guess it's supposed to be like the "Deluxe" pasteurized processed cheese product they sell in supermarkets.

Good luck recovering your HDDs, OP.
bapakece

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:16:16 AM

He messaged me back:

He's raised all the red flags and done it to multiple people, this either needs to be dealt with by a ban or at least a scammer tag.

How to report him for scammer activity to this forum moderator ?
 He should been banned...
 I'm Worries next time he got new victim from newbie member..
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:19:58 AM

He messaged me back:

How to report him for scammer activity to this forum moderator ?
 He should been banned...
 I'm Worries next time he got new victim from newbie member..
Here are Theymos' guidelines:
"You have compiled mountains of evidence that the person is guilty, and the person has been given several weeks to respond to the allegations (because you've posted a topic about it and you've PMed the person), and you have a global moderator or other very trusted person second your request. (Have the trusted person contact me to make the request.)"

So, you need to get logs of everything and send it over to someone like Maged or JohnK (or whatever his u/n is now... used to be johnthedong).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: