Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vircurex/btc-e: why are the withdraws so expensive?  (Read 1900 times)
grue (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:50:13 AM

Vircurex, btc-e: why does it cost me 0.01 BTC to make a withdraw? the transaction fee for "spam" transactions isn't even that high, and you only pay 0.0005 BTC tx fee on the transaction.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:01:07 AM

Vircurex, btc-e: why does it cost me 0.01 BTC to make a withdraw? the transaction fee for "spam" transactions isn't even that high, and you only pay 0.0005 BTC tx fee on the transaction.
Some businesses can barely sustain (or could barely until recently). You use a service, expect to pay. Or else don't use them.

When you go to a pizzeria, do you always whine about the price? 1.5$ really isn't much. If it is to you, you got greater problems on your hand and maybe should contemplate building a free ecosystem from the ground up.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:18:29 AM

Some businesses can barely sustain (or could barely until recently). You use a service, expect to pay. Or else don't use them.

When you go to a pizzeria, do you always whine about the price? 1.5$ really isn't much. If it is to you, you got greater problems on your hand and maybe should contemplate building a free ecosystem from the ground up.

hmm, they make money off of trades, that's where a exchange will make it revenue and profit. It always fells tacky when they start adding on extra costs

The business is making trades, not input/output from their service
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:30:20 AM

hmm, they make money off of trades, that's where a exchange will make it revenue and profit. It always fells tacky when they start adding on extra costs

A gas station makes money off of gas. Oh damn, I'm gonna grab a chip.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:46:46 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 11:25:48 AM by drawingthesun

A gas station makes money off of gas. Oh damn, I'm gonna grab a chip.

you can chose not to have that chip. There is a difference.

If a gas station said each fill up cost a extra dollar I would go elsewhere. BTC-E does not have too much competition so they can charge high withdrawal fees.
I remember a gas station once charged me 1% to use my card, and I have not been back to that brand ever since.

When there are more Crypto exchanges the fees will lower, at the moment they really don't have to worry. Most people use BTC-E for LTC and 0.01 LTC isn't as much as 0.01 BTC
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:54:33 AM

Where has the paypal withdraw option gone for USD on BTC-e ?

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: