Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:51:54 AM

I'd prefer not to start cluttering up my miner like it was a development box, hopefully if --lowmem and a stripped cgminer are good the next official upgrade will have them...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:05:42 PM

Two firmware updates for me so far. Didn't do that, bot even half of it. Not had a problem

1. DL the update
2. On the KNC miner interface click update and select that download and apply it.
3. Click restart cg miner in the KNC interface.

Nothng else at all. Checked it after in Putty, but all was fine. lol

So after you upload and apply the firmware, it returns to a screen that says restart miner, is that the link you clicked or did you go back to the home screen, then go the the "Mining" and click on "Restart CGMiner" on that page?

Tbe last one, Mining screen >> Restart CGMiner. Smiley
no wonder

after you "apply" a message will appear with reboot in blu...hit that!
alternatively, you can power cycle the miner after apply.. but no need.
firmware wont apply without a reboot, restarting cgmner isnt enough...

Dude, he asked me a question, and that is exactly what does work. Both times. Not a problem. I have spent a max of 5 minutes total applying firmware updates so far without a hitch. Each has been slightly better than the previous one. I'm done with them at .98 as there's no more to wring out of them now for me. You don't draw on 20 after all.
Seems to me that a few hosted peeps would like KNC to give them the option to stick with the firmware that works.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:06:58 PM

Anyone of you also suffer a lot of downtime with KnC hosted miners the last week?

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:25:07 PM

Anyone of you also suffer a lot of downtime with KnC hosted miners the last week?

Had one miner go out for a few hours last week and a quick up and down with the new firmware but overall been pretty steady.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 02:45:18 PM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-63

"Unbeknown to the community we are currently developing the next generation product in 20nm/16nm process with Alchip "

They have time to post such news, but don't have the time to participate in their own forums and help people out on their devilish products? They aren't thinking people are going to buy from them again, do they? Is making an announcement like that just a start of mind controlling techniques in the marketing world? Also, if you tried to visit that link www.ast.com that is IN their news publication it doesn't even work.

1. The press release is from Alchip, not KnC. It's hardly mind control.
2. There just aren't enough bodies currently to maintain the forum ontop of all else. If you honestly think the reason is they cannot be bothered that's either naivety or ignorance. They have a dedicated customer support, the forum isn't a priority in my mind. It's one of the things they want me to work on and I'm flat refusing to be honest. I'm a bit disenchanted as to how I was treated here, entire threads abusing me, I'm not keen on more. I'd rather customer service focused on individual issues, and when/if my other work load dies down I'll consider it, but everytime I post I get multiple PMs.
3. Personally my own opinion i'e always followed and enjoyed the banter in Bitcointalk.
4. Thanks for letting me know about AST's deadlink, again it's Alchip 'a release. You can see it was posted y'day online. I presume they either added the incorrect link, or the site is down.

Edit: Here's the OG; http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20131105PR202.html

And AST's correct link is; www.ast.co.il I'll get it fixed Wink

Why put up your own forums and then participate or join in the discussion there? We already have bitcointalk.org to do that, and that's what made me think they want their own forums so they can join in with us. NOT. I think they should just remove their forums or merge them into bitcointalk. It is just duplicated stuff, said over and over.

And rememeber back in the day AST.COM use to a computer manufacturer? I do, cause I worked on them.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:46:17 PM

An anonymous entity just sent me a huge tip for helping out...
Did I say huge?... I meant GIGANTIC.
Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.
I'm just not sure what else to say...  
except... WOW
The Person(s) know who they are... plz don't ask.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:47:22 PM

Hohohoho Bitcoinorama
Check your Jar, just send you enough to pay for a nice hotel room in Stockholm.

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!!

If I can breakeven in BTC I will send you more.

Hope my fellow miners who are in the same situation as I am will tip you nicely too. As a gentleman bitcoiner, my integrity is high enough to call a spade a spade and credit these who have been helping me in my success.

It looks like my request to get the hashing power sold by KNC has been granted. So according to the press release, they currently sold almost 70% of the total Hash Rate or base on 4 Pentahash world wide, they sold less than 2.8 P/H.

For our exemple, lets pretend that no one will deliver any extra hashpower so the Hash Rate remain constant (very very unlikely); it will take over 64 days before getting a positive ROI in BTC (I paid the equivalent of 72 BTC (including transport and PSU) in June and it has mine just over 30 BTC in 30 days, I am getting 0.65 BTC a day.) When Avalon was pricing its miners, the ROI in BTC was supposed to take about 1 month. So honestly, we can say that KNC knew their miners would never attain profitability. I hoped I was wrong about it because what they did was phenomenal but the numbers speak for themselves.

Please, please Bitcoinorama, tell me where my calculation is wrong.  

Let's discuss about it in a Gentleman way,would you.
drico

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:30:30 PM

Anyone try the new Cklovas code?..

Running 3.7.2 with 0.96 firmware no problem

Does this mean KNC stuff is included in cgminer now and we can compile our own cgminer ?
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:34:39 PM

Does this mean KNC stuff is included in cgminer now and we can compile our own cgminer ?

Yes, but the KnC stuff will only build properly if you build it on the Beaglebone Black - that is, don't enable it when building on another platform or the build will fail.

Ckolivas posted build instructions for building on BBB somewhere on the forums, but I don't have the link handy.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:41:09 PM

Hohohoho Bitcoinorama
Check your Jar, just send you enough to pay for a nice hotel room in Stockholm.

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!!

If I can breakeven in BTC I will send you more.

Hope my fellow miners who are in the same situation as I am will tip you nicely too. As a gentleman bitcoiner, my integrity is high enough to call a spade a spade and credit these who have been helping me in my success.

It looks like my request to get the hashing power sold by KNC has been granted. So according to the press release, they currently sold almost 70% of the total Hash Rate or base on 4 Pentahash world wide, they sold less than 2.8 P/H.

For our exemple, lets pretend that no one will deliver any extra hashpower so the Hash Rate remain constant (very very unlikely); it will take over 64 days before getting a positive ROI in BTC (I paid the equivalent of 72 BTC (including transport and PSU) in June and it has mine just over 30 BTC in 30 days, I am getting 0.65 BTC a day.) When Avalon was pricing its miners, the ROI in BTC was supposed to take about 1 month. So honestly, we can say that KNC knew their miners would never attain profitability. I hoped I was wrong about it because what they did was phenomenal but the numbers speak for themselves.

Please, please Bitcoinorama, tell me where my calculation is wrong.  

Let's discuss about it in a Gentleman way,would you.

They didn't say they had 70% of the hashrate, only 70% of coins produced..which sounds a lot like BS since they can't possibly measure that given all the pools involved?

They said a few things that they didn't mean or didn't follow through on...a glaring one being a smaller customer base that they could support properly and same day hashing for hosted rigs...and the mighty Oct 15th delivery deadline Never believe a salesman over the experience of buyers. Wink

They priced rigs in dollars, probably aimed for a dollar profit too? The rise in BTC vs dollar may save them there. No-one could predict 260 a pop today though so I'd go with your assumption that they thought they'd never break even in BTC terms.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:45:18 PM

Timmers, hell hath no fury like a woman miner scorned.

70% of BTC currently produced is the same thing as 70% of the hashrate. If you want to get into variance semantics then you will just lose over time Smiley
CYPER

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:58:25 PM

So KNC would not accept even Bitcoins as a security in order to send working boards first as to minimize downtime for customers.
From where I am standing it looks like they are trying hard to work against their customers by refusing to come up with a RMA solution that works for both sides.
I can not think of a single reason why they would not accept BTC as a security in order to send working boards first, apart from trying to discourage people from using the RMA service.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:02:03 PM

Judging by this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249065.0 , the latest hosted order that got deployed was 38xx for yuriygeorge on the 25th of October
The latest shipped order was 586x for DobZombie

My hosted order is 39xx still has "Paid" status.

I am now watching like a hawk if faetos and dunchy (400x and 421x) would report their hosted units as deployed.

If that happens, I'll be demanding refund.

I know of a hosted order 42XX that is up and running . . . if it helps.

I ended up getting a refund, because my orders never moved an inch. I am super bummed about it and have pretty much given up on mining and am now just focused on working on my trading platform.

Did you guys ever get your hosting gear?
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:03:27 PM

I wish KNC would add a daily reboot option to the firmware. I'm going on vacay next week and really don't want to have to bother with logmein to do restarts...

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
drico

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:04:14 PM

Yes, but the KnC stuff will only build properly if you build it on the Beaglebone Black - that is, don't enable it when building on another platform or the build will fail.

Ckolivas posted build instructions for building on BBB somewhere on the forums, but I don't have the link handy.

Probably I could copy the beaglebone stuff on my raspberry, chroot in and build it there
Bargraphics

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:05:47 PM

So KNC would not accept even Bitcoins as a security in order to send working boards first as to minimize downtime for customers.
From where I am standing it looks like they are trying hard to work against their customers by refusing to come up with a RMA solution that works for both sides.
I can not think of a single reason why they would not accept BTC as a security in order to send working boards first, apart from trying to discourage people from using the RMA service.

This has to do with people trying to "Game" the system.

Maybe they don't want to be liable with your BTC or want to deal with customers saying they never got the BTC back (Lieing to game the system)

RMA has always been, send it back and they send you a new one. This isn't a new concept. While I understand the frustration of potentially losing money while it is RMA'd that is the nature of the beast and their hands are tied.
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:07:21 PM

My hosted miner was down almost 8 hours last week. Dunno what you mean a lot of downtime though.
CYPER

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:10:16 PM

This has to do with people trying to "Game" the system.

Maybe they don't want to be liable with your BTC or want to deal with customers saying they never got the BTC back (Lieing to game the system)

RMA has always been, send it back and they send you a new one. This isn't a new concept. While I understand the frustration of potentially losing money while it is RMA'd that is the nature of the beast and their hands are tied.

Bar, there is a saying that perfectly fits the situation: "If you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse."
They found an excuse, I found a way  Wink
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:11:50 PM

Other than re-upping on Equipment...
 I just don't see any sane reason why a miner would cash his/her bitcoins in right now...
unless you are starving or something...

It actually makes quite a bit of sense to dollar cost average to a position you feel comfortable with.  most investing books say that this is the best mechanism to reduce risk and reap maximum rewards.  In our case, setting up a periodic sell order at market price for a fixed amount of USD is probably a good idea.

I have predetermined buy and sell benchmarks. When BTC raises to X USD I sell Y% of my BTC holdings. When BTC drops to A USD I buy BTC worth B% of my USD holdings. That way I can still ride they waves and cash in on the crashes. It's like gambling. You should never use your emotions but quit when you either A) lose a certain amount B) win a certain amount or C) gamble for a certain period of time. If you don't have a plan then your emotions will wreck you...

Dollar cost averaging out is very wise.
Bargraphics

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:13:15 PM

Bar, there is a saying that perfectly fits the situation: "If you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse."
They found an excuse, I found a way  Wink

Did they give you alternatives? Again your way might not have been viable.

You are close enough to them the RMA shouldn't take but a day or two max just send it in!
Pages: « 1 ... 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: