Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
NilBit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:45:47 PM

Anyone else have a die that shows up as "off" in BertMod?

http://oi39.tinypic.com/10wjjhc.jpg

With SPI voltage at 3.3v, I've tried adjusting the individual die voltage from the lowest to the highest without effect.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/sllpgn.jpg

Die 4 is not hashing. You are running minimum voltage on die 4. Try to increase the die 4 voltage and reduce the voltage on the other dies as long as they are working without any disabled cores.

Power on die 1 is on the limit of what I would dare running long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:46:32 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

What the bloody did you do? All you have to do is swap cables.

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.
https://i.imgur.com/pcK68po.jpg[/img]

For this reason I think the plugs having both a jumper and a power resistor to the 3v line are a very good bet.  I know you followed instructions, but did you put in the jumper then fire up the supply and check that the voltage was there on the 12V, then shut down the supply, plug the power supply into the Jupiter, then switch on the supply?

If my theory that the current ramp, preventing current surge producing a voltage spike sufficient to blow the caps, the current ramp to ramp up current on the 12V line is actually controlled by a voltage ramp of 0 to 1V produced on the 3.3V line (because the 3.3V will be up to regulated voltage before the 5V or 12V) then putting in the jumper, turning on the supply to check if the jumper is correct and voltage being supplied, then shut down before plugging into Jupiter, since the supply expects that it is plugged into a motherboard having a load on the 3.3V line, it expects that when the supply is turned off the 3.3V line filter capacitors will drain out thru the motherboard.  That can't happen without a motherboard or a resistor to ground from the 3.3V line as well as the jumper.  

So, if  you check the jumper was correctly placed by looking for 12V on the 12V line, then shut down, plugged the supply into the Jupiter, and turned it on, the supply 3.3V line never drained and still had full voltage on its filter caps and the timed ramp voltage that controlled the ramp for the 12v current had remained at max, as if already having timed out its ramp, and BANG, instant max current.

Actually I did not turn the unit on prior to hooking it up to the Jupiter.  I did check that the pinout was correct before starting though.  There should have been not been any voltage on any lines prior to this fault, so I am truly baffled how it could get so much current.

Going forward though I would consider a resistor on the 3.3V line, just to be paranoid.  What resistance would be sufficient do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUMP-START-EPS-ATX-24-PIN-POWER-SUPPLY-WITHOUT-A-MOTHERBOARD-MADE-IN-USA-/251029042274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a727f3462
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:47:21 PM

CYPHER

Now I understand your agressive inverse trolling recently.
(engage a troll and 'you are what you resent')

I wonder if you got the unit pheonix 'twisted' the cooler on.
Remember that amazing 'fix' ?

I don't know what you are implying, but I am completely happy with my dealings with Phoenix. He is a good and honest guy Smiley
The Jupiter was for a friend of mine and he paid 12BTC for it, while the single "dead die" board was 1BTC extra of which I paid 0.5BTC to my friend as a gift for finding him the deal Wink
And Phoenix was kind enough to throw the controller board + beaglebone for free and spent a considerable sum for proper packaging and shipping.
I wish KNC packaged their miners as good as Phoenix did (not that it will prevent UPS from playing rugby with the boxes).

And the board was running great for 2 days with all 4 dies hashing, until today when I had to turn some miners off to switch some PSUs around. Now one of the dies is dead. for which I was well informed by Phoenix Smiley
AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:30:00 PM

I agree with CYPHER...........Ive known Phoenix for over 2 years now , never met him in person (he lives in a different country)  , but we've messaged , emailed and skyped each other  100's of times . "He is a good and honest guy  Smiley". He's the first guy I call when my miner plays up or when my little brain stops working .
Ive lent him money and vice versa , he's always  done the right thing by me . Dont get me wrong, he gets it wrong at times , pisses me off at times , but when he eventually realises he is wrong he always owns up to it an apoligies for it .

And if he gets some kind of reward for helping out others , Good for him . Jealousy makes many of us act like jerks . Lets all try and be a little kinder , its too easy to be rude.

Pete
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:58:35 PM

So received my Nov Jupiter.

Can't connect to machine by either SSH or webpage.  It is assigned an IP address just can't connect. Even ping gets no response but not sure if the BBB is setup to respond to ping.

If I disconnect all 4 ASIC boards I can connect to the host and access web gui with no issues. 
Reconnect the ASIC boards, can't connect. 
Tried connecting just one ASIC board with same results.
Tried two different power supplies with the same results.

Anyone had anything like this or am I just SOL?

Maybe silly question but you didn't flash 0.99-tune onto it did you?

If not...

I'd get the RMA email done right away, you can always cancel it if you fix it, but at least get the ball rolling as it can take a day or two, then I'd go on the IRC channel and ask hno what he thinks

I didn't flash anything, it never worked from the first power on.   I did try reflashing the Nov 0.99e firmware but no change.  The one thing that makes the convinces it is just a bad controller is it does not save any setting after a reboot or power loss.  For example enable ssh, able to ssh in (w/ no ASICs connected), reboot, not able to ssh in, check gui and enable ssh is unchecked.

I went ahead an put in an RMA but I have a bad feeling KNC is going to make me ship the entire damn this back rather than just ship a new controller.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:18:19 AM

I didn't flash anything, it never worked from the first power on.   I did try reflashing the Nov 0.99e firmware but no change.  The one thing that makes the convinces it is just a bad controller is it does not save any setting after a reboot or power loss.  For example enable ssh, able to ssh in (w/ no ASICs connected), reboot, not able to ssh in, check gui and enable ssh is unchecked.

I went ahead an put in an RMA but I have a bad feeling KNC is going to make me ship the entire damn this back rather than just ship a new controller.

Here would be a perfect time for KNC to step and allow the customer to put down a refundable deposit on the component the customer needs and advance ship the part. The customer would have the part in 2 business days, rather than 4-5 days between waiting for the part to be shipped back, testing and re-shipping.

How about it, bitcoinorama?

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:21:29 AM

Here would be a perfect time for KNC to step and allow the customer to put down a refundable deposit on the component the customer needs and advance ship the part. The customer would have the part in 2 business days, rather than 4-5 days between waiting for the part to be shipped back, testing and re-shipping.

and said rushed part would be on eBay for $1 more than what said deposit would be

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
CYPER

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:23:18 AM

That has been discussed before and everytime the answer is: we can't change procedure.
I said it before and I will say it again: If you want someting done you find a way, if you don't, you find an excuse.
canth
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:25:57 AM

and said rushed part would be on eBay for $1 more than what said deposit would be

Please stop making BS excuses - this has been covered this many times. The deposit can be as high as necessary to prevent abuse - no one will abuse it if the deposit is the full price X3 of a Jupiter or Neptune for example.

canth
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:27:12 AM

That has been discussed before and everytime the answer is: we can't change procedure.
I said it before and I will say it again: If you want someting done you find a way, if you don't, you find an excuse.

Which is exactly why I'm bringing it up again. KNC should stand behind their products and not make the customer suffer due to manufacturing defects.

DPoS

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:38:16 AM

Please stop making BS excuses - this has been covered this many times. The deposit can be as high as necessary to prevent abuse - no one will abuse it if the deposit is the full price X3 of a Jupiter or Neptune for example.

not BS excuses..  the other angle would be to pay the high deposit and run the extra boards for a week and then send your two worst boards back for the deposit (even if just a few cores flapping)
and then just say 'oh, that die was surely off before I sent it!! don't know why it works now in Sweden! but thanks just as much'

KNC are honest and I like that they are taking the painful honest way of weeding as much nonsense as they can.   I too had one RMA board and it is what it is.  I sent it out for $137 shipping and waited a few days and got it back...  funny part was 4 days later that returned board lost a die!!   so I just did the heat approach and nursed it back.. been running fine every since and no I don't touch my miners at all anymore.  still running 98.1 beta around 700Gh each on 5 board jupiters

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:56:32 AM

Question.
Got a couple up no problem (after putting fan shrouds and one fan blade back on), but one machine cannot be found on the network AND has the green and the red light solidly on.   I have tried the hard reboot.   Nothing.  It looks like it is networking (switch and at machine both show activity) but I get nothing when I try to find it.  And it always boots up with both green and red on solid

rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:59:27 AM

Question.
Got a couple up no problem (after putting fan shrouds and one fan blade back on), but one machine cannot be found on the network AND has the green and the red light solidly on.   I have tried the hard reboot.   Nothing.  It looks like it is networking (switch and at machine both show activity) but I get nothing when I try to find it.  And it always boots up with both green and red on solid

The red light should turn off after a few seconds.  If not, try a reset to factory. 
DPoS

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:59:53 AM

Question.

check all your cables..   when both lights are on usually something is missing

The Avenger

Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:10:19 AM

Which is exactly why I'm bringing it up again. KNC should stand behind their products and not make the customer suffer due to manufacturing defects.
Hallelujah to that. Once knc ship, they do not take care of their customers. Just themselves and their profits. They really ought to rethink this policy. Why should customers lose thousands of $ because of manufacturing defects? How is this the customers fault? KNC should be bending over backwards to sort these defective boards out for their customers, but they aren't. All they offer is an rma policy that forces additional thousand $ losses onto the customer. Their rma policy is craftily designed to deter people from using it. They would probably have hundreds of extra defective boards returned to them if they did the rma via the method canth suggests with deposits. But it costs them less if people just hold onto the defective equipment. This is one of the main reasons I have such a poor opinion of knc - their low business methods and willingness to let customers be stuck with defective goods. Which we paid a massive premium for. Which funded their entire business and existence. And that's how they thank you.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:18:22 AM

Question.
The red light should turn off after a few seconds.  If not, try a reset to factory. 
It has been 5 hours.   Have done reset three times.   Have swapped out every cable including the PSU cables.
thanks for the suggestions though.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure...  They released the Neptune for general public much sooner than I guessed they would, which is why I panicked thinking they would sell out faster than the others...... I tried to notify everyone, but my posts in here were being deleted by a mod within like 30 seconds! (off-topic)so I attempted PMing everyone that was interested....   He was just fast & ready before I had a chance to complete PMing everyone ...I was eager and in a weak moment wanting "Neptune Bliss".....  I apologize for any inconvenience.

No inconvenience, I just know you and I had talked in PM, but it wasn't about a Jupiter which was slightly flawed. I would've taken a deal on a slightly flawed one haha. Just curious.

Cheers to all.
Just to correct things...the jupiter(s) had no flaws...the board in question was a separate board, sold separately.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:38:05 AM

Question.
It has been 5 hours.   Have done reset three times.   Have swapped out every cable including the PSU cables.
thanks for the suggestions though.

Turn it off
Open it up
Unplug all the ribbon cables at the mainboard
Unplug the power to the modules
Only connect power to the mainboard and try it.

If that works POWER OFF Add modules modules one at a time.

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
canth
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:40:00 AM

not BS excuses..  the other angle would be to pay the high deposit and run the extra boards for a week and then send your two worst boards back for the deposit (even if just a few cores flapping)
and then just say 'oh, that die was surely off before I sent it!! don't know why it works now in Sweden! but thanks just as much'

KNC are honest and I like that they are taking the painful honest way of weeding as much nonsense as they can.   I too had one RMA board and it is what it is.  I sent it out for $137 shipping and waited a few days and got it back...  funny part was 4 days later that returned board lost a die!!   so I just did the heat approach and nursed it back.. been running fine every since and no I don't touch my miners at all anymore.  still running 98.1 beta around 700Gh each on 5 board jupiters

And I say that if KNC receives RMA'd equipment that is not defective, they can keep a percentage of the deposit and bar the customer from any further advance shipments. It's not a question of KNC acting honestly, it's a question of responsibility. When KNC ships defective component, the customer suffers disproportionately. It's even worse since the majority of component failures will be DOA due to freight jostling or will fail within the first 5-10 days of use as thermal cycles occur. It's during this same time that the customer loses the most about of mining rewards while waiting twice as long as necessary.

KNC has it within their full power to provide an advance RMA program if they wish, they're just choosing not to - at the expense of the customer.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:49:29 AM

Seems sales have stalled for a bit.

Down to there are only 866/1500 Neptunes

Your call to buy more!

Where's Pheonix? Surely he wants to add a couple more? Smiley

heh I wonder if it will uptick backwards and people panic and cancel their 3rd or 4th unit or some such (hey just saying)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: