Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:06:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:19:26 PM

is there a chance that KNC comes up with a affordable miner for home miners
There's always a chance.  It's just highly unlikely given how they've burned consumers, have issued news releases indicating that they've moved away from physical sales and are transitioning away even from cloud mining contracts, and the general headache they would be returning to if they did.

Ok thanks, it seems KNC was a legit company....

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:34:21 PM

There's always a chance.  It's just highly unlikely given how they've burned consumers, have issued news releases indicating that they've moved away from physical sales and are transitioning away even from cloud mining contracts, and the general headache they would be returning to if they did.

A legit company?!?

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:40:36 PM

They were, sort of - depends very much on who you ask and their personal experiences.  Suffice to say there were enough with a bad personal experience, mostly in problems with hardware, that eventually they got a (justifiably) bad rep and their response instead of addressing the issues has largely been to just ditch this forum and eventually even ditched their own forum; not exactly exemplary of paying attention to the community, including paying customers.

While I disagree with how they've been operating, it's their business and as long as people who feel they were wronged aren't taking legal action (the cases that are supposedly ongoing are ongoing like snails - though that's the legal system for you) and they are still somewhat forthcoming to customers (somebody needed a file recently, they asked and received, iirc), and are continuing their business even in modified form, they're already better than BFL.  Admittedly not the most favorable of yardsticks to be measured against.

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:15:21 PM

A legit company?!?

Vegas

The BOLD is one WAS if they ever WHERE  Shocked

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:16:11 PM

They were, sort of - depends very much on who you ask and their personal experiences.  Suffice to say there were enough with a bad personal experience, mostly in problems with hardware, that eventually they got a (justifiably) bad rep and their response instead of addressing the issues has largely been to just ditch this forum and eventually even ditched their own forum; not exactly exemplary of paying attention to the community, including paying customers.

While I disagree with how they've been operating, it's their business and as long as people who feel they were wronged aren't taking legal action (the cases that are supposedly ongoing are ongoing like snails - though that's the legal system for you) and they are still somewhat forthcoming to customers (somebody needed a file recently, they asked and received, iirc), and are continuing their business even in modified form, they're already better than BFL.  Admittedly not the most favorable of yardsticks to be measured against.

Yeah, that´s why BITMAIN has more or less the monopol on SHA-256 ASIC  Roll Eyes

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:29:03 PM

Yeah, that´s why BITMAIN has more or less the monopol on SHA-256 ASIC  Roll Eyes

Yes, Ive ordered LOADS of miners from Bitmain, and they are awesome!! Never an issue!!

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:32:24 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 02:57:10 PM by vegasguy

Just so it is on this thread someplace I have to say the following : Ahem Smiley

"My god man do you have BIG BRASS ONES IMHO...sheesh........"

Ok just figured someone had to say it in that ..if you guys are like me .. I rarely make direct eye contact with my Titan(s) in case they become offended and brick
themselves into door stop status...I mean MAJOR SURGERY the mind boggles Smiley

Ohh ya, in case I wasnt clear, I will be removing the center plate to examine the cores from a mostly working cube today. Has .8v on dies 0 and 1. Will any of this void my warranty?  LOL

Update: Center plate removed. This was from a from a cube that had .8v on die 0 and 1. As you can see what WAS thermal grease is now just dried dust. So the question on everyones mind is: What will happen, if I clean and regrease the cores? Give me some time and Ill let you know, today. Do NOT attempt this!!! WAIT for the video! There are MANY wrong ways to do this and 1 right way. Do it wrong and you have a dead cube!!

Vegas

Update: cleaned and regreased cores. Did NOT fix the .8v dies. Sad So what this looks like is that core is permanently damaged, due to overheating. I have one last thing I want to try to bring that core back to life. Ill report back soon. There IS a silver lining, it DID reduce the temps on the working cores to the very low 50c, and some dies were even in the high 40c .

Temps after regrease of cores and all my mods applied.

noddy2000

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:04:36 PM

So everyone here is  happy that they used  peoples  funds to fund  their  own  server farms  making your  hardware next  to useless then!

And  all you who got 'cheap' off ebay say i didn't get ripped off. NO! you just support  a  company that is  rougue and on the misery of  others!

Your  ALL SCUM! And  this is why you fucktards will fall   for this XT BUllshit. How hard is it start nodes for  XT to get 75%. Especially wwhen your in bed with the  BTC  Foundation scum bags!

While  someone  who gets it  like Amir Taki gets shunned! Fucking dumbed down  sheep, ALL OF  YOU!

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████████████▀▀  █████
█████████████▀▀      ██████
██████████▀▀    ▄     ███████
███████▀▀     ▄█▀     █████████
███▀▀      ▄██▀       █████████
█████▄    ██▀        ██████████
████████ █          █████████
███████ █ ▄███▄▄   ████████
████████████████▄▄███████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
JUNE 4 UNTIL JUNE 24  [ WHITEPAPER ]
[TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] [REDDIT] [STEEMIT]
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:26:12 PM

umm.. ok.. and back to our regularly scheduled program.... So Ill try a few other things today and post my findings.

Vegas

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:20:18 PM

UPDATE, small error found in previous v.99 upgrade. For anyone that has updated so far, please reapply the .bin found here:
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/tag/v.99

BTW, as of now the enable / disable lighttpd option under SYSTEM tab works =)

how long should it take when upgrading 2.00 ver??
I am looking for 2 hours at this line
System upgrade in progress
Copying files... files copied No wget found, syncing apt & installing wget Syncing apt-get...

Can I refresh a page or smth?

It should only take a good 5mins or so... Not 2 hrs unless ur inet is shit or your SD card is dead or ur inet is crap to the pi. If its hanging there that means apt-get is failing to sync & download wget. =(
If thats happening to a lot of installs, I may have to rethink the whole upgrade process.
All I can say is hit browser back button and try upgrading w/ the .bin file again.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:29:09 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 04:44:18 PM by GenTarkin

Ok so ive mapped the die locations. see pic. The readings to the far right of the screen are the temps for the dies and NOT the vrms. There are no temps for the vrms.

I turned off all the dies except 2 dies at a time. I then use my thermal laser gun to find the only hot spot on the plate, that told me where the dies where. Anyway here you go:

That makes no sense. The board is clearly not laid out that way. It has 4 dies & 2 VRM's per die.
It would be extremely odd if each die had 2 internal temp sensors. It makes more sense that each VRM has a temp sensor.

After looking at the docs for those DCDC's, they do have internal temperature monitors and they are read over pmbus. Im almost certain this is the data thats polled for DCDC temp's we see in webgui.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:57:19 PM

GenTarkin that's how I think about it too, HOWEVER I have seen when the thermal paste is applied incorrectly then gets a bad temp reading and when fixed it improves the reading on vrms??    why I don't know, since they are physically separate

maybe the temp reported in dc/dc is an avg of 2 temp sensors, 1 on the chip the other on vrm?? so replacing thermal paste and applying heatsinks to vrm will both improve the temp readings??

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:56:15 PM

Lets see if anyone else has issues. I was able to upgrade from many different versions include Kncminer official 2.0 and V.98 . Both went flawless.

Vegas

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:58:32 PM

GenTarkin that's how I think about it too, HOWEVER I have seen when the thermal paste is applied incorrectly then gets a bad temp reading and when fixed it improves the reading on vrms??    why I don't know, since they are physically separate

maybe the temp reported in dc/dc is an avg of 2 temp sensors, 1 on the chip the other on vrm?? so replacing thermal paste and applying heatsinks to vrm will both improve the temp readings??

Well thats odd. Either way, in the source code, the 2 temp fields are derived from reading the DCDC's internal temperature register.
The temperature shown in status page under "Temperature" column is derived from LM75's temperature register. Is LM75 the FPGA?... Im not sure but after seeing this: http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/LM75.pdf
If that is identical to what our LM75 is ... then Im inclined to think the LM75 is some sort of external temp sensor that maybe sits as close as they can to their respective places around the dies?

I dont see anything labeled LM75 on the picture u showed, are there any surface mount pieces on the bottom side of the PCB? Maybe LM75 is integrated into the package somehow, doubt it tho. Im just guessing tho =)

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:06:06 PM

Ok so lets discuss the advanced page. To the far right, these temps are the temps for the  8 dies. The reason I say this is because I had my heatsink loose when hashing, when I slid the heatsink slightly forward the temps in advanced would change. Ive also removed the heatsink I had attatched to the vrms and the temps did not change in advanced page. I beleive the dc/dc temp of the vrms is in status page. Thats why I believe its not the temps of the vrms on the far right in advanced, its the temp of the individual dies. I know there are 4 cores as Ive had the cap off. I believe there are 2 dies to each core, and 1 vrm per die. Ill do more research on this.

Vegas

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:10:30 PM

Ok so lets discuss the advanced page. To the far right, these temps are the temps for the  8 dies. The reason I say this is because I had my heatsink loose when hashing, when I slid the heatsink slightly forward the temps in advanced would change. Ive also removed the heatsink I had attatched to the vrms and the temps did not change in advanced page. I beleive the dc/dc temp of the vrms is in status page. Thats why I believe its not the temps of the vrms on the far right in advanced, its the temp of the individual dies. I know there are 4 cores as Ive had the cap off. I believe there are 2 dies to each core, and 1 vrm per die. Ill do more research on this.

Vegas

Lets not confuse things, dies = physical seperated pieces of silicon.
cores = logical/functional seperation of logic inside dies.

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:17:37 PM

agreed, and I think you might be right. I found this. Its old but might have some helpful information. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307055.0. So are you saying in the advanced page , the temps to the far right are the vrm temps? If thats true, and I think it might be, where are the temps of the 4 cores found, or do they average it on the status page? I think the next update might need clear labels on these numbers , as KNCminer gave us temps, but for what!!? Everything is not labeled in the miner, and its needs to be to clear up all of this confusion.

Vegas

TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:26:19 PM

Well thats odd. Either way, in the source code, the 2 temp fields are derived from reading the DCDC's internal temperature register.
The temperature shown in status page under "Temperature" column is derived from LM75's temperature register. Is LM75 the FPGA?... Im not sure but after seeing this: http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/LM75.pdf
If that is identical to what our LM75 is ... then Im inclined to think the LM75 is some sort of external temp sensor that maybe sits as close as they can to their respective places around the dies?

I dont see anything labeled LM75 on the picture u showed, are there any surface mount pieces on the bottom side of the PCB? Maybe LM75 is integrated into the package somehow, doubt it tho. Im just guessing tho =)

I am not sure, everything is running fine at 325 MHz, so I don't want to think about it too much lest they get mad ...

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:33:27 PM

Ok found this and Tarkin looks like you are correct the 8 temps in advanced page are temps for VRMS. https://bitcointa.lk/threads/swedish-asic-miner-company-kncminer-com.100083/page-1804
So It would be nice to label that properly as VRM Tempretures. I also agree 2 vrms per 1 die. But if its possible I would like to see the temps of the 4 dies displayed indvidually if possible on next release as seen on earlier link. Its probably from a jupier or neptune, so I hope we can do it on the titans.

Vegas

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:33:58 PM

I am not sure, everything is running fine at 325 MHz, so I don't want to think about it too much lest they get mad ...

Just dont make eye contact Wink

Vegas

Pages: « 1 ... 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: