Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 [2126] 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:35:39 AM

We can simply hire a lawyer and get at least our money back!
qberty is unbelievable

Go ahead and buy a new oscillator
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/abracon-llc/ABM3B-24.576MHZ-B2-T/535-9127-1-ND/675644
http://www.mouser.ee/ProductDetail/ABRACON/ASV-24576MHZ-EJ-T/?qs=GgB7MJ%2fTIsRYewXBpNiXkA%3d%3d

You already know what to do

It is the oscillator, i pull out the original knc oscillator and o put it on qberty's board and it works 
so if we get the correct oscillator we can make it work.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:41:04 AM

qberty is unbelievable

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/abracon-llc/ABM3B-24.576MHZ-B2-T/535-9127-1-ND/675644
http://www.mouser.ee/ProductDetail/ABRACON/ASV-24576MHZ-EJ-T/?qs=GgB7MJ%2fTIsRYewXBpNiXkA%3d%3d

It is the oscillator, i pull out the original knc oscillator and o put it on qberty's board and it works 

I ordered (2) 24.576MHz from digi-key -- it looks like the one from mouser is physically a little too big
KNCFUN

Activity: 264

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:36:56 AM

Let's hope that they will work  Wink

WTB working or unstable KNC TITAN cubes.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:58:11 AM

qberty is unbelievable

Ok I talked to a tech at digi-key in live chat...he gave me this link that says it should work (larger version) of the small pad chip we are talking about

I ordered (2) 24.576MHz from digi-key -- it looks like the one from mouser is physically a little too big

ok.. I talked to a tech at digi-key in live chat...he gave me this link that says it should work (larger version) of the small pad chip we are talking about

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/txc-corporation/9B-24.576MEEJ-B/887-1252-ND/2207672

assuming such does work would it not be easier to just get a protoboard..and trace the leads on the bridge and hack something together like below
with this soldered into the proper lead correctly on this spaghetti hack?

the digikey hack said the small chip replacement is a pain..high heat.....thus maybe just dumb and stupid above would work better .....

this is pretty much the extent of my electronics skills guys....having this idea dumb or not and the bigger cousin of he small chip involved

want to be a 'God' on knc Swedish ASIC miner bitcointalk here?..... hack one of these puppies together and I'll name my cat after you Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:41:40 PM

Ok so even though ive been very quiet here, I have continued my repairs and research on these cubes and controllers. Ive purchased a very high end reball/reflow machine and had a custom stencil made for it specifically for this board. I also have a digital microsope, and the hakko  tweezers, and desoldering gun to remove the pci-e plug, as well as the the best capacitor in circuit test, "the capacitor wizard". So it will just be a few weeks to repair more cubes to full health before I open repairs again. When I do, there will be no cube I cannot fix. But before that I have loads of cubes I still need to repair to full health to be sure, before I open repairs to the public. Anyway, I have done no work at all on the controllers. I know the bridge has a common failure with the traces burning. I have never actually dealt with one before. I had a customer send me pics and asked If I could fix it, and I really could not answer. I know I can easily desolder the female connectors, but then can I run a new wire to connect them, or does the copper trace have to be connected to the board?? Because if the trace line must be connected, that could be a real problem, but I might have some solutions. Anyone know if I can run a new wire not connected to the board, just connecting the female connectors?

Here are his pics.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:56:57 PM

... I know the bridge has a common failure with the traces burning. I have never actually dealt with one before. I had a customer send me pics and asked If I could fix it, and I really could not answer. I know I can easily desolder the female connectors, but then can I run a new wire to connect them, or does the copper trace have to be connected to the board?? Because if the trace line must be connected, that could be a real problem, but I might have some solutions. Anyone know if I can run a new wire not connected to the board, just connecting the female connectors?

Here are his pics.

Vegas

Yes, you can.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283859.msg14141421#msg14141421
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:14:06 AM

Excellent. So Im going to have this customer ship it to me, and if it is an easy as it looks, Ill try to offer repairs as cheap as possible. Im hoping around $100. If its just removing the connectors, and then sealing the old trace line, and then running new wire, and resoldering connectors, that doesnt seem too difficult. So , Ill have my customer ship me his and see how things go. If its as easy as I think, Ill offer it to you guys for a good price.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2222

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:53:31 AM

Excellent. So Im going to have this customer ship it to me, and if it is an easy as it looks, Ill try to offer repairs as cheap as possible. Im hoping around $100. If its just removing the connectors, and then sealing the old trace line, and then running new wire, and resoldering connectors, that doesnt seem too difficult. So , Ill have my customer ship me his and see how things go. If its as easy as I think, Ill offer it to you guys for a good price.

Vegas
Simpler. Just use a 24 gauge wire-wrap wire and run it under the connectors. Works fine, and solves the problem without having to pull the connectors (because the same line always blows)

Just remember to tell the person to junk their Pi and get a new one because that's the root cause.

C
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:28:39 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2016, 06:37:30 PM by vegasguy

Vegas
Simpler. Just use a 24 gauge wire-wrap wire and run it under the connectors. Works fine, and solves the problem without having to pull the connectors (because the same line always blows)

Just remember to tell the person to junk their Pi and get a new one because that's the root cause.

C

Thanks lightfoot. So, that brings up another question. Im quite positive that the titans only work with a very specific pi, and thats the original model pi that it shipped with. Ive Actually tried it with a pi 2, and it wouldnt boot. Just a blank, bright led on the controller.

Thanks for the info. Ive focused my research heavily on the boards themselves , non stop for the past year. Ive made it my full time job, as im retired.  Here is what I know. Most failures about 80% of the time, is because the wafer gets too hot , and separates from the pcb. Because of the design of the E plate, using 2 screws in the back, and only one in the front, it puts more pressure on the front of the wafer (closest to the fan), and the dies that almost always fail are the first die that gets its voltage from vrm 0 and 1. This die is closest to the exhaust in the back and is easily identified by the small pin hole on the plate.The only repair then is to have it reflowed professionally. Do NOT try a heatgun, because it scorches the wafer, and the many tiny pads, beyond repair, so that when it is lifted professionally, the tiny pads stay with the pcb, and is unrepairable, much like what happens when people use a heat gun on a laptop gpu, it might work for a couple of weeks, then fails. Theres more information , but many people have always wanted to know the ultimate question, and that is: How to fix the .8v dead die issue, and there is the answer. I have had a custom made stencil for the titan along with the professional grade reflow machine. There are still many boards I need to repair and reflow before offering it to the public.

Vegas

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2222

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 10:21:33 PM

Thanks lightfoot. So, that brings up another question. Im quite positive that the titans only work with a very specific pi, and thats the original model pi that it shipped with. Ive Actually tried it with a pi 2, and it wouldnt boot. Just a blank, bright led on the controller.
Yup. The 2.0 requires a different microcode/IPL loaded (Fuck, I'm old) and the Titan 2.00 code doesn't include it. You can recompile the code and load it on a 2.0 Pi, but it's just. easier. to find. a 1.2 Pi.

I've done the reflow with some success, especially on the so-called taco boards, however sometimes the chip connections fail inside the die which is pretty much impossible to reflow. You do need preheat under the board, flux, bring it up to max temps, then use a real air tool at 400c to make it go. I'm sure you have a good IR preheater. And don't sneeze.

The .8v short is the one that sucks rocks; if you made a stencil then you could re-ball the die without the dead die's balls and get 2-3 dies back. Nicely done, post your progress.

Did you figure out how the level drivers for the SPI to die interface work and which ones are replacements yet? That seems to be the source of the board comes up but no dies hash, I have had some success with swapping out the top drivers, but a few still don't work.

Keep posting progress, it's how we help the community.

C

KNCFUN

Activity: 264

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:51:47 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2016, 06:03:10 AM by KNCFUN

Vegas I still wait to see these titan repair videos that you promised to the public ?
These are common problems that you just discovered  Grin you should knew them by now ....
I already did 34 re-flows to some of my cubes and to friend's cubes that they sent them for repair and most of them they were successful and some not because the little balls lift the contact from it's socket and that means no fixable.
I also did a couple of re-ballngs with custom stencil modified by me,, I have to say that if the little contact is lifted by the small balls then buy buy die .... and you really risk to lift it by yourself ... so re-balling only in special cases !

People don't forget that you was charging them $300-350 for simple repairs that you should charge $50, in common words ripping them off  Sad
I can do these common repairs in 1-2 weeks and charge a normal price ($50-70)...
Lightfoot also has friendly prices  Wink

Ps. I was the one that found the mistake in qbert's bridge boards !! So people that got burned from him now they can order the correct crystal and replace it and have finally a working bridge Grin Grin

WTB working or unstable KNC TITAN cubes.
TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:07:52 PM

Vegas I still wait to see these titan repair videos that you promised to the public ?
These are common problems that you just discovered  Grin you should knew them by now ....
I already did 34 re-flows to some of my cubes and to friend's cubes that they sent them for repair and most of them they were successful and some not because the little balls lift the contact from it's socket and that means no fixable.
I also did a couple of re-ballngs with custom stencil modified by me,, I have to say that if the little contact is lifted by the small balls then buy buy die .... and you really risk to lift it by yourself ... so re-balling only in special cases !

People don't forget that you was charging them $300-350 for simple repairs that you should charge $50, in common words ripping them off  Sad
I can do these common repairs in 1-2 weeks and charge a normal price ($50-70)...
Lightfoot also has friendly prices  Wink

Ps. I was the one that found the mistake in qbert's bridge boards !! So people that got burned from him now they can order the correct crystal and replace it and have finally a working bridge Grin Grin

Hey KNCfun congrats on getting it to work -- which crystal did you use?  The one from digikey? I got the one from digikey and got someone lined up to swap it next week if that's the right one.

dance191

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:03:10 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2016, 09:55:51 AM by dance191

Did KNC mining finally go under?  For about the last 5 or 6 days, there are no more blocks listed as being found by them: https://blockchain.info/blocks/KnCMiner

They normally find about 3 to 5 blocks a day.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:59:04 AM

Did KNC mining finally go under?  For about the last 5 or 6 days, there are no more blocks listed as being found by them: https://blockchain.info/blocks/KnCMiner

Oh that would be wonderful  Cheesy    ...now if we can get a few more big corp miners to bow out too,maybe home mining can be doable again Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1704

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 12:29:15 PM

Oh that would be wonderful  Cheesy    ...now if we can get a few more big corp miners to bow out too,maybe home mining can be doable again Cool
Who knows, they could have their miners pointed to elsewhere.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:08:06 PM

My understanding is that they closed up shop and sold the hardware in a "private" auction. The hardware was then bought back by KNC at said auction, i assume under a different company name or something. A few forum members found out and managed to get some for themselves.  Id assume the hardware is still mining for KNC but in a private pool or solo somewhere.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
dance191

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:28:19 PM

My understanding is that they closed up shop and sold the hardware in a "private" auction. The hardware was then bought back by KNC at said auction, i assume under a different company name or something. A few forum members found out and managed to get some for themselves.  Id assume the hardware is still mining for KNC but in a private pool or solo somewhere.

Shoot, it looks like you are correct.  I am not seeing any drop in the hashrate, and it looks like they might be mining with simply a new and unidentified address as there is a big jump in the blocks by "Unknown": https://blockchain.info/blocks/Unknown
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:20:27 AM

My understanding is that they closed up shop and sold the hardware in a "private" auction. The hardware was then bought back by KNC at said auction, i assume under a different company name or something. A few forum members found out and managed to get some for themselves.  Id assume the hardware is still mining for KNC but in a private pool or solo somewhere.

Shoot, it looks like you are correct.  I am not seeing any drop in the hashrate, and it looks like they might be mining with simply a new and unidentified address as there is a big jump in the blocks by "Unknown": https://blockchain.info/blocks/Unknown

Um... even if they werent sold to KNC(or repurchased by KNC) then whomever purchased them would undoubtedly  be hashing w/ them as well. So, hashrate wouldnt change either way.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
dance191

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:51:26 AM

Um... even if they werent sold to KNC(or repurchased by KNC) then whomever purchased them would undoubtedly  be hashing w/ them as well. So, hashrate wouldnt change either way.

KNC said after the halving it wasn't profitable to run them anymore.  

Sure, someone could move them to a cheaper location, but they would need to turned off while that happened.  50 Ph/s doesn't get moved easily. 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:09:54 AM

Um... even if they werent sold to KNC(or repurchased by KNC) then whomever purchased them would undoubtedly  be hashing w/ them as well. So, hashrate wouldnt change either way.

KNC said after the halving it wasn't profitable to run them anymore.  

Sure, someone could move them to a cheaper location, but they would need to turned off while that happened.  50 Ph/s doesn't get moved easily.  

Imho...the company went bankrupt....it was bought out by knc insiders at probably less then half the worth it went bankrupt for....I'm guessing this from
how the knc bankruptcy was done for titans as an example...the whale that won bid 100 bucks more to get the last 20 or so at one point if I remember correctly
no way would that be done unless it was KNC imho...in that the auction was AS IS.thus a normal bidder would have just took what they had..

..that and other
rumors I've heard and the fact they are keeping the regular employees at this new company...and nothing is moving etc. data hall wise...they essentially 'STUCK' the big
IPO folk who invested with the bankruptcy bill..in other words ..the usual KNC behaivor..anyway my views on this from what I know or suspect

rinse/wash/repeat.....all profits imho from knc proper from founding went into their version of the Swedish ETF they are running ...

pretty slick how they did this....I especially like Sam Cole saying all was well and a bright future to IPO folk this last January lol

here is a link to the 'mysterious group" who bought knc.....it smells much ...imho Smiley

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/08/15/kncminer-bought-by-unknown-party/

KNC 'we did evil well' (tm knc)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 [2126] 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: