Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:29:56 PM

Has the question about missing password field been answered?
For example, BitMinter requires a valid password for its worker.
I just added it after the workername, they must have forgot that field.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thejestre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:31:34 PM

BitMinter (https://bitminter.com)
Nice stats and info on the progress. Merged mining with NMC for a little extra income. Not too big (yet).

What has been your average BTC/24hr at what hash rate?

I have been pretty close to 1 BTC/24hr @ 77 Gh/s in BTCGuild PPLNS, which also does NMC merged mining.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:41:29 PM

It is my assumption that:
1) Wallet ID: The username/account name that you sign up on their yet to be released Pool web site with.  At this point, nobody has a KNC pool Wallet ID.
2) The Worker name is simply an identifier you make up.  For example, you could use 'Jupiter' or 'Saturn' etc.

Once we are able to login to the pool web site, we will be able to specify a withdraw bitcoin address and setup things like auto-withdrawal etc.

These are of course my assumptions, take them as you will.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:43:24 PM

"No such thing as a Wallet ID"...  OMG
Agreed Keenan... some people are just unteachable. I give up.

Thanks for trying...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:01:22 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 07:37:11 PM by Phoenix1969

"No such thing as a Wallet ID"...  OMG
Agreed Keenan... some people are just unteachable. I give up.

Thanks for trying...
Check your Private Messages

BTW, for other users... Tip of the Day: It's also possible to mine and collect your BTC without having to download any wallet platform, or have it hosted like with online wallets. I have used the pools to send BTC directly to the exchanges by simply entering the wallet ID provided by the exchange into the pool payout address field for deposits, which will save you an entire set of blockchain verifications, and will free you from having to maintain a currently synced copy of the entire blochchain. (in this way you can access/transfer from anywhere, on any computer, even without bitcoin installed) I actually DO use the Qt platform though, but for more like a savings account, or backup place to store my BTC. My norm is sending right from the pool, to Gox. Keep in mind though that Gox Deposit Addresses expire, so you will need to change your payout address each time you send directly to the exchange if the addresses expire. Good luck & happy mining.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:37:59 PM

BitMinter (https://bitminter.com)
Nice stats and info on the progress. Merged mining with NMC for a little extra income. Not too big (yet).

What has been your average BTC/24hr at what hash rate?

I have been pretty close to 1 BTC/24hr @ 77 Gh/s in BTCGuild PPLNS, which also does NMC merged mining.

I have ~10GH/s and get around 0.13, which is comparable to your results, taking variance into account.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:53:35 PM

Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:59:58 PM

BTW, for other users... Tip of the Day: It's also possible to mine and collect your BTC without having to download any wallet platform, or have it hosted like with online wallets. I have used the pools to send BTC directly to the exchanges by simply entering the wallet ID provided by the exchange into the pool payout address field for deposits, which will save you an entire set of blockchain verifications, and will free you from having to maintain a currently synced copy of the entire blochchain. (in this way you can access/transfer from anywhere, on any computer, even without bitcoin installed) I actually DO use the Qt platform though, but for more like a savings account, or backup place to store my BTC. My norm is sending right from the pool, to Gox. Keep in mind though that Gox Deposit Addresses expire, so you will need to change your payout address each time you send directly to the exchange if the addresses expire. Good luck & happy mining.

I am sorry to interrupt you, but there is no such thing as a "wallet ID" in the Bitcoin protocol. The forum participant above you was right and now I feel you do not want to admit your mistake.

By the way, the Bitcoin address provided by Mt.Gox do not expire. You get a new address after the old address received the first transaction. However the old address still can be used.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:18:39 PM

Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!

Suprised? Why? If people all over the bitcoin world talk about it expanding as more people get involved and the good it will do...surely some new people are required to make that happen? Should they start with equipment that is sure to lose them money, or find the gear most likely to break even ?

If someone had asked if it was worthwhile starting mining with their gaming machine with a couple of hot graphics cards...what would the advice be? Don't be silly, it's not worth it anymore I'd bet. So someone coming along who is interested in starting mining would need an ASIC logically.

The rst of this isn't aimed at Wasted, more generally.

This is a reason that the whole bitcoin arena is so slow to spread...it's full of people who love to put down anyone new. A few months experience mining and suddenly a lot of people are too good to be polite or remember that they were once in that position. There's no reason to be a  smartarse, and it makes you look a proper dick.

Some posts lately have been pure putdowns. People being called idiots for not having the same knowledge that others have and simply asking a basic question.

Sure, most of it can be found online, but it's not always well explained. IF someone stops you in the street asking for directions you'd never call them a dumbass for not bringing a map just because you're familiar with the area would you? Why is this any different?

Someone once helped you, you didn't slip out of your mother into the midwife's arms full of bitcoin mining knowledge.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:06:09 PM

I am sorry to interrupt you, but there is no such thing as a "wallet ID" in the Bitcoin protocol. The forum participant above you was right and now I feel you do not want to admit your mistake.

By the way, the Bitcoin address provided by Mt.Gox do not expire. You get a new address after the old address received the first transaction. However the old address still can be used.

Nice!

Now wait for Justification Nation...

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:11:59 PM

next..  have fun!

Suprised? Why? If people all over the bitcoin world talk about it expanding as more people get involved and the good it will do...surely some new people are required to make that happen? Should they start with equipment that is sure to lose them money, or find the gear most likely to break even ?

If someone had asked if it was worthwhile starting mining with their gaming machine with a couple of hot graphics cards...what would the advice be? Don't be silly, it's not worth it anymore I'd bet. So someone coming along who is interested in starting mining would need an ASIC logically.

This is a reason that the whole bitcoin arena is so slow to spread...it's full of people who love to put down anyone new. A few months experience mining and suddenly a lot of people are too good to be polite or remember that they were once in that position. There's no reason to be a  smartarse, and it makes you look a proper dick.

Some posts lately have been pure putdowns. People being called idiots for not having the same knowledge that others have and simply asking a basic question.

Sure, most of it can be found online, but it's not always well explained. IF someone stops you in the street asking for directions you'd never call them a dumbass for not bringing a map just because you're familiar with the area would you? Why is this any different?

Someone once helped you, you didn't slip out of your mother into the midwife's arms full of bitcoin mining knowledge.

It's funny to watch people behave as if ASIC mining is some elite exclusive club.  People use any excuse they can grasp on to in order to act important, put others down and feel superior.  I guess Bitcoin mining is no exception to this rule.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:51:52 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 12:08:47 AM by Phoenix1969

It used to be that way at Gox, but not anymore; I wouldn't have stated it If I didn't know it to be true... I also stated "IF your address expire"
Please read the bottom line

and read this...
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:02:41 AM

Please read the bottom line

https://i.imgur.com/GNG8s4i.png

and read this...
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address

What exactly are you trying to say here?  You can continue to use Mt.Gox address as much as you'd like. Or you can use new ones.  When you send a transaction, however it will not appear to have come from the address you deposited too.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:15:16 AM

Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!
Bitlocker and usb are just another added risk, nothing more IMHO. What is the incentive for one to spend 10+ gigs of data download, and then go through adding the risk of duplicating a wallet so it can be stolen, lost, crushed, dropped into your coffee, you name it. There is no safer way than cashing out immediately and bypassing the QT platform entirely IMHO, but to each his own. If it makes you feel comfy to have your own "digital wallet" on usb.... go for it. Why not.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
WastedLTC

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:18:19 AM

next..  have fun!

It's funny to watch people behave as if ASIC mining is some elite exclusive club.  People use any excuse they can grasp on to in order to act important, put others down and feel superior.  I guess Bitcoin mining is no exception to this rule.

Amencon, WTF..   All I said was i was surprised that people are dropping over 5000 on something they have yet to try...   followed by some advice for those who are not familiar with the process...    Take the stick out of your ass.

WastedLTC

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:21:15 AM

next..  have fun!
Bitlocker and usb are just another added risk, nothing more IMHO. What is the incentive for one to spend 10+ gigs of data download, and then go through adding the risk of duplicating a wallet so it can be stolen, lost, crushed, dropped into your coffee, you name it. There is no safer way than cashing out immediately and bypassing the QT platform entirely IMHO, but to each his own.

So if you weren't cashing out immediately and wanted to hold for quite some time.  which path would u take? 
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:25:14 AM

I keep it on several exchanges ready to pounce, or just let it build in the pool account(s).

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:31:42 AM

Personally, I would create a cold wallet and have the pool withdraw directly to it.  Exchanges, online wallets and pool operators are all added risk you don't want to have if you don't need to.

There is no reason to add risk if you are holding long term and aren't reinvesting your profits.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:46:15 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 01:23:08 AM by Phoenix1969

Personally, I would create a cold wallet and have the pool withdraw directly to it.  Exchanges, online wallets and pool operators are all added risk you don't want to have if you don't need to.

There is no reason to add risk if you are holding long term and aren't reinvesting your profits.
So, you plan on never cashing out? The Exchanges are unavoidable if you intend on turning it into cash. Anything other than Pool directly to the exchange is added the risk in my opinion, but like I said, some feel comfy otherwise. Holding long term is investing, or speculating, and still requires you to send it to the exchange to sell at the appropriate time. Lets say there's a spike that lasted 1/2 hour...now you are scampering to send BTC to Gox, but the server is swamped, and the opportunity may pass you by just in confirmation time from Your wallet to the exchange. Holding is speculation that the price will be higher, that's not the same as mining for profit... but one of the three totally separate aspects of Bitcoin. 1. for global commerce 2. for speculation in buying & selling. 3. Mining for profit. None of which require having a QT wallet platform on your computer. You may ask yourself which is more likely... Your computer crashes & something happens to your usb, or... Gox lost your account. I know myself. I'm highly likely to crash my system because I tend to test the limits sometimes, or loose the usb in my coffee or similar mishap. I already lost one backup just plugging it into the usb slot, it just broke. With that in mind, I decided to eliminate the chance my clumsy arse could jeopardize things again. I'm not trying to sell anyone on the idea, I'm saying it's possible, and I do it often.  

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:01:14 AM

@phoenix1969

I already read that.

However I do not base myself only on words, but on experience as well. You can try send a satoshi for the expired address. If you do, please, come back and tell us what is the outcome. I will refund you a satoshi in case you lose yours.

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: