Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:39:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:10:40 AM

@phoenix1969

I already read that.

However I do not base myself only on words, but on experience as well. You can try send a satoshi for the expired address. If you do, please, come back and tell us what is the outcome. I will refund you a satoshi in case you lose yours.
Meh, I'm not that kind of Gambler, but thanks Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:16:04 AM

Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!

Suprised? Why? If people all over the bitcoin world talk about it expanding as more people get involved and the good it will do...surely some new people are required to make that happen? Should they start with equipment that is sure to lose them money, or find the gear most likely to break even ?

If someone had asked if it was worthwhile starting mining with their gaming machine with a couple of hot graphics cards...what would the advice be? Don't be silly, it's not worth it anymore I'd bet. So someone coming along who is interested in starting mining would need an ASIC logically.

The rst of this isn't aimed at Wasted, more generally.

This is a reason that the whole bitcoin arena is so slow to spread...it's full of people who love to put down anyone new. A few months experience mining and suddenly a lot of people are too good to be polite or remember that they were once in that position. There's no reason to be a  smartarse, and it makes you look a proper dick.

Some posts lately have been pure putdowns. People being called idiots for not having the same knowledge that others have and simply asking a basic question.

Sure, most of it can be found online, but it's not always well explained. IF someone stops you in the street asking for directions you'd never call them a dumbass for not bringing a map just because you're familiar with the area would you? Why is this any different?

Someone once helped you, you didn't slip out of your mother into the midwife's arms full of bitcoin mining knowledge.

It's funny to watch people behave as if ASIC mining is some elite exclusive club.  People use any excuse they can grasp on to in order to act important, put others down and feel superior.  I guess Bitcoin mining is no exception to this rule.

Amencon, WTF..   All I said was i was surprised that people are dropping over 5000 on something they have yet to try...   followed by some advice for those who are not familiar with the process...    Take the stick out of your ass.

Opps sorry, should have taken your inside quote out.  I was more responding to / agreeing with timmers post.  Didn't really have a problem with anything you said.  My response was more spurned by phoenix and keenan, but I've seen plenty of responses similar to theirs in relation to bitcoin mining by others so more of a general observation.  The reality is this product is marketed to end consumers.  It's not a developer kit needing assembly or any special knowledge a buyer couldn't get from an afternoon of asking questions or googling.  You actually tried to be helpful by giving some advice so if anything you were behaving in opposite to my point.
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:18:49 AM

Personally, I would create a cold wallet and have the pool withdraw directly to it.  Exchanges, online wallets and pool operators are all added risk you don't want to have if you don't need to.

There is no reason to add risk if you are holding long term and aren't reinvesting your profits.

This is my plan.  Have a few bitcoins in hot wallets if I want to spend them, easy to pull bitcoins out of cold storage for cashing out or a big purchase if you need it.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:49:32 AM

I'll probably send one jupiter's coins to an online wallet and another to an exchange - if I send to a cold storage wallet I would go through a tumbler... And also just buy stuff

But there will be tons of 'sell right away' folks which I said will cause a prisoners delema that everyone starts doing it and swoons the price of BTC until next spring

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
FoolPartedWithMoney

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:49:54 AM

I wonder if it is worth upgrading Saturn to Jupiter with order near 2600 (paid immediately), vs waiting for the price drop for November delivery.
tarui

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:02:30 AM

it's august and kncminer hasn't released single real photo of their miners?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:06:46 AM

Yes it's August, another month and you STILL clearly haven't conducted any research, read up about the company, or their gameplan.

Ignorance is meant to be bliss, yet here you are stressing without any idea of what is going on through personal choice.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:09:53 AM

I wonder if it is worth upgrading Saturn to Jupiter with order near 2600 (paid immediately), vs waiting for the price drop for November delivery.

Only you know that, if you can afford it I mean.
Run a calculator over both options...should tell you something even if it's not writ in stone.

Personally I'd get as much hashing power as I could as early as possible...it's looking a bit grim for end of year deliveries now...or I'd wait for March.
Don't forget Nov price cut might not mean Nov delivery, and we don't know what they are gonna offer in March with the next gen rigs.

Mine bitcoins they said, make you rich they said, it's easy they said.  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
tarui

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:10:02 AM

Yes it's August, another month and you STILL clearly haven't conducted any research, read up about the company, or their gameplan.

Ignorance is meant to be bliss, yet here you are stressing without any idea of what is going on through personal choice.

yeah we all know they work with companies etc,

i'll be happy to get 1 saturn or jupiter (pre order) if they have some pics

bitfury has some pics at least.

bfl sounded rather legit too when they first came out right?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 04:12:02 AM

So you want a photo of a box of fans?

What use is that, compared to whatever they might be able to show once they actually have chips to put in a box?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:14:20 AM

BFL buyers had pretty photos to look at for a year ...very impressive they were, and more than a little frustrating. Can't mine with photos. Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 04:16:32 AM

If we had photos now, they ought to be showing the fedex trucks in the background waiting to put the shown miners on the trucks to deliver to us, and even allowing they want to over-deliver that isn't scheduled to happen this month, right? So WTF is it you want photos of, exactly?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:18:47 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 04:35:34 AM by dwdoc

Pictures can be deceiving...

tarui

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:24:14 AM

If we had photos now, they ought to be showing the fedex trucks in the background waiting to put the shown miners on the trucks to deliver to us, and even allowing they want to over-deliver that isn't scheduled to happen this month, right? So WTF is it you want photos of, exactly?

-MarkM-

wouldn't it be better if you had pictures of the miners and knowing the background kncminer and partners?

sounds like u are blindly defending
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:34:09 AM

-MarkM-

wouldn't it be better if you had pictures of the miners and knowing the background kncminer and partners?

Yes. We did. Thanks. It was one of the first things we did when researching who they are and what their partners bring to the table. Please read something about them, and inform yourself, as opposed to jumping to conclusions, and making assumptions that confirm you yourself haven't looked into their backgrounds, or those of their partners, or read anything about this project...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:39:58 AM

-MarkM-

There info on the partners has been there for ages, you can't take a photo of something that hasn't been built yet, this is the first batch of these ASICs ever we are waiting on.

tarui

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:40:44 AM

-MarkM-

Yes. We did. Thanks. It was one of the first things we did when researching who they are and what their partners bring to the table. Please read something about them, and inform yourself, as opposed to jumping to conclusions, and making assumptions that confirm you yourself haven't looked into their backgrounds, or those of their partners, or read anything about this project...

actual miner.
mercury, saturn and jupiter.

not mars
tarui

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:41:48 AM

-MarkM-

There info on the partners has been there for ages, you can't take a photo of something that hasn't been built yet, this is the first batch of these ASICs ever we are waiting on.

i'm not refering to the parters. i've heard about them.
question is, can they meet the production demand of so many buyers in ~ 2 mths?
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:43:24 AM

-MarkM-

Answer is wait and see, you have no other option for that answer.

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:06:06 AM

No one knows that for sure at this point, not even Sam and KNC. Place your bets! If you had concrete info that guaranteed one or the other outcome, the rational thing to do would be to place a very large bet on that outcome and monetize your info.

If you're right you can make a nice chunk of change. Seems most people are skeptical, given what's happened with other ASIC companies (or perhaps just biased by past performance of other companies).

Personally I think XCrowd is a scam, Cointerra doesn't have their heart in it and is late to the game, and Terrahash got screwed over by Bitsyncom shipping super late. But of them, apart from KNC, Cointerra would be your best bet, but they aren't shipping until November at the earliest, so good luck! Meanwhile Avalon claims their Gen-2 chip released in October (lol). Possibly few will buy it however, we shall see.

I have yet to see any thing that makes me fear KNC won't live up to their delivery promise.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: