Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 05:18:28 AM

So you want Doctor Who to nip forward in his TARDIS to the time when the chips are done and a miner has been built, take a photo, and bring it back all the way to now?

You'd have to ask the B.B.C. I guess, maybe they can contact him...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:21:55 AM

question is, can they meet the production demand of so many buyers in ~ 2 mths?
No one knows that for sure at this point, not even Sam and KNC. Place your bets! If you had concrete info that guaranteed one or the other outcome, the rational thing to do would be to place a very large bet on that outcome and monetize your info.

If you're right you can make a nice chunk of change. Seems most people are skeptical, given what's happened with other ASIC companies (or perhaps just biased by past performance of other companies).

Personally I think XCrowd is a scam, Cointerra doesn't have their heart in it and is late to the game, and Terrahash got screwed over by Bitsyncom shipping super late. But of them, apart from KNC, Cointerra would be your best bet, but they aren't shipping until November at the earliest, so good luck! Meanwhile Avalon claims their Gen-2 chip released in October (lol). Possibly few will buy it however, we shall see.

I have yet to see any thing that makes me fear KNC won't live up to their delivery promise.

What about Bitfury? Hashfast?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:28:01 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 06:00:48 AM by Phoenix1969

If you have serious doubts and Questions about KNC, just call Andreas and ask. He's made it clear that he's willing to lay questions to rest with a call. It makes no sense to argue here with people who know better, than to spread your kind of nonsense about pics & proof without even doing background investigation. If you're spending thousands on a risk-capitol venture without thoroughly investigating, don't take it out on us. (We're investing too) It makes you look...well... like a fool. (And by Thoroughly investigating, I don't mean trolling the forums) There are a seemingly growing number of "Armchair chip designers" with no experience whatsoever screaming FUD on a subject they actually know almost nothing about. This rapid increase of FUD IMHO is a direct result of offering a "cheaper product" thru the polls(the Mercury), which opened the door to zillionz of lower income buyers, who by default, are not akin to proper investigation before plopping down your hard-earned money on an investment. Growing Pains... If you want to play with the "Big Boys"... act like one.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:54:33 AM

plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:59:22 AM

What about Bitfury? Hashfast?

Bitfury is legit but expensive.

Hashfast could be legit but their sales tactics are pretty questionable. Don't answer questions/give details/bitcoin only payments and promising some outrageous stuff like if they don't delivery by dec31, then you get your full bitcoin payment back. Still haven't given details how they would be doing that. Afterall, ain't the bitcoins being used to develop the miners? If they don't even need the bitcoins to fund their project, why do they even offer pre-order??? Then there's the shills and crapola website. I'd stay away from them until they give more answers to the questions people are asking.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:02:39 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 06:15:00 AM by Phoenix1969

What about Bitfury? Hashfast?

Bitfury is legit but expensive.

Hashfast could be legit but their sales tactics are pretty questionable. Don't answer questions/give details/bitcoin only payments and promising some outrageous stuff like if they don't delivery by dec31, then you get your full bitcoin payment back. Still haven't given details how they would be doing that. Afterall, ain't the bitcoins being used to develop the miners? If they don't even need the bitcoins to fund their project, why do they even offer pre-order??? Then there's the shills and crapola website. I'd stay away from them until they give more answers to the questions people are asking.
"Bitcoin only" is why I will not consider them. (HashFast) No buyer protection = No Sale from me.
Another note...  3000+ chips on a reel, and he's planning on selling 550 units? Where are the other chips going? Chip sales? Or self-hashing? With a BTC only policy, I'd bet the latter just offhand, but time will tell. I'm already feeling comfy with KNC, and don't see the qualities I admire in any of the other choices. 6 weeks from now, we will all have a greater understanding on Who's who in the asic world.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:21:19 AM

Bitfury's chips look good but his vendor Metabank is already having supply problems.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:48:17 AM

No one knows that for sure at this point, not even Sam and KNC. Place your bets! If you had concrete info that guaranteed one or the other outcome, the rational thing to do would be to place a very large bet on that outcome and monetize your info.

If you're right you can make a nice chunk of change. Seems most people are skeptical, given what's happened with other ASIC companies (or perhaps just biased by past performance of other companies).

Personally I think XCrowd is a scam, Cointerra doesn't have their heart in it and is late to the game, and Terrahash got screwed over by Bitsyncom shipping super late. But of them, apart from KNC, Cointerra would be your best bet, but they aren't shipping until November at the earliest, so good luck! Meanwhile Avalon claims their Gen-2 chip released in October (lol). Possibly few will buy it however, we shall see.

I have yet to see any thing that makes me fear KNC won't live up to their delivery promise.

Bitfury's already a sure thing, they are either already shipping or about to. Quantity is a question and you can't get them directly outside Russia so they're being resold for more than they really should be ($19,000 = lol). Seems like a great chip, though I'd rather have a multi-core approach like KNC. I think all future companies will (or should) go multi-core approach in a blade-friendly form-factor. We shall see.

Hashfast, haven't much looked into them. Seems similar to Bitfury. Might be a bit late to the party tho if KNC ships.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
FoolPartedWithMoney

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:05:28 AM

I wonder if it is worth upgrading Saturn to Jupiter with order near 2600 (paid immediately), vs waiting for the price drop for November delivery.

Only you know that, if you can afford it I mean.
Run a calculator over both options...should tell you something even if it's not writ in stone.

Personally I'd get as much hashing power as I could as early as possible...it's looking a bit grim for end of year deliveries now...or I'd wait for March.
Don't forget Nov price cut might not mean Nov delivery, and we don't know what they are gonna offer in March with the next gen rigs.

Mine bitcoins they said, make you rich they said, it's easy they said.  Cheesy

Thanks. I can't really afford it, hence I will be using credit card if I decide to do it. I guess you're right in a sense, about getting more hashing power as early as possible. If it's delivered 1 month later, difficulty increase will be about 60%, yet the price decrease is only about 30%. I just don't feel like getting burned again like I did, being an early adopter of few erupters for nearly $300 each.
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:55:08 AM

If you have serious doubts and Questions about KNC, just call Andreas and ask. He's made it clear that he's willing to lay questions to rest with a call.

After The BS of sending coins directly to an exchange, this is even bigger: we only need a bunch of anxious interruptions to Andreas work, asking the same questions from dumb people that can't do some research here.

The right answer is: stop pretending that anyone of us is "the chosen one", the answers are already public (sort of RTFM), if you feel uncomfortable simply buy elsewhere.

If anyone else likes to call himself "Bitcoin investor", please read what is the risk/awards dynamic of doing business, and unfortunately it has nothing to do with pestering people investing way MORE than you (Andreas itself for example).

Armchair entrepreneurs?

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:12:26 AM

If we had photos now, they ought to be showing the fedex trucks in the background waiting to put the shown miners on the trucks to deliver to us, and even allowing they want to over-deliver that isn't scheduled to happen this month, right? So WTF is it you want photos of, exactly?

-MarkM-

wouldn't it be better if you had pictures of the miners and knowing the background kncminer and partners?

sounds like u are blindly defending

Yes. We did. Thanks. It was one of the first things we did when researching who they are and what their partners bring to the table. Please read something about them, and inform yourself, as opposed to jumping to conclusions, and making assumptions that confirm you yourself haven't looked into their backgrounds, or those of their partners, or read anything about this project...

You need to back of a little, you are really sounding like a shill.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:51:31 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 10:22:36 AM by Phoenix1969

If you have serious doubts and Questions about KNC, just call Andreas and ask. He's made it clear that he's willing to lay questions to rest with a call.

After The BS of sending coins directly to an exchange, this is even bigger: we only need a bunch of anxious interruptions to Andreas work, asking the same questions from dumb people that can't do some research here.

The right answer is: stop pretending that anyone of us is "the chosen one", the answers are already public (sort of RTFM), if you feel uncomfortable simply buy elsewhere.

If anyone else likes to call himself "Bitcoin investor", please read what is the risk/awards dynamic of doing business, and unfortunately it has nothing to do with pestering people investing way MORE than you (Andreas itself for example).

Armchair entrepreneurs?
Are you on drugs?
What part of sending Bitcoin directly to an exchange is BS again?
And you'd rather take Fud from noobs and trolls in here about your investment, than calling the company yourself? That's really crappy advice, and Andreas has stated he welcomes the calls. Why else would the number for the company be on the site? Its part of his job. Nobody here has ever claimed to be "The Chosen One", but a few of us here are actually sharing knowledge & experience.  On the other hand, I did get a good laugh from your post, thanks.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
jmevz

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:44:54 AM

Armchair entrepreneurs?
Are you on drugs?
What part of sending Bitcoin directly to an exchange is BS again?
And you'd rather take Fud from noobs and trolls in here about your investment, than calling the company yourself? That's really crappy advice, and Andreas has stated he welcomes the calls. Why else would the number for the company be on the site? Its part of his job. Nobody here has ever claimed to be "The Chosen One", but a few of us here are actually sharing knowledge & experience.  On the other hand, I did get a good laugh from your post, thanks.

Sending BTC direct to the exchange makes sense to me, but I don't think I'd trust sending it to 'old' addresses since they change or expire every time you deposit coins.

AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:47:40 AM

Hi Jimmy3dita

I tried to do some research on you and get some understanding of your motervations ......but I was unsuccesful  .......So for the record ,  "Phoenix1969"   (who is a friend of mine 3 years now ) ,  (in business and social) like me , has purchased with KNC , he has done his due diligence ....but like most of us on this forum , we are wondering if anyone else knows anything else .......a form of risk management

As for reading   "what is the risk/awards dynamic of doing business" ..........who are you tell another person what to do in Business .........As a person who has been in business for himself since I was 19 ............nearly 30 years later ....Ive found most things written are a biased position of a specific person in a specific point of business situation ......so as statistic prove most  University trained people (who read) and dont experience .......most of these so called "Trained Professionals" ......never work or own their own business,  80 % work for other people . Meaning they have read from a "Book" and do what  their Boss tells them to do  ...........For the record Im not criticising  learning of reading ..........the very reason Im here reading this forum , proves I believe in learning ........... but mocking or criticising a person for making a phone call to check on and asking  questions to the business which  is building \producing  the product'  we just spent  nearly $20,000 on .................That criticism   is plain "stupid" .......as for the statement "Armchair Entrepreneurs" ..........."bugger off"...... you making assumptions from thin air ..............which makes you the idiot ....not Phoenix

For the record .......I was in a Joint call with KNC , with Phoenix ........... We rang a number ...........Andreas choose to answer and was quite happy to answer our questions , I spoke to Andreas,  direct about my investment ....and Im quite glad I did . Andreas stated as we finished the call , "Please call us anytime , we are happy to answer your questions " ........Phoenix shared some of that conversation with others here ......90% of the people here , replied with gratitude ..........are you declaring them  "Armchair Entrepreneurs" as well ................Maybe in Truth ..you are  "The Choosen One " ............."praise be  oh mighty Jimmy"...............Think before you pull the trigger
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:23:03 PM

(...)

Even sounding like a shill (not for me though), Bitcoinorama is one of the most helpful people here.

Bitcoinorama, thank you for your enthusiasm.
And thank you for editing the quotes now. Wink
(Earlier I was fed up with lenghty unedited citations, especially when reading the thread on small screen of the smartphone. If one has no time or will for editing, it's better to use 'Reply' button rather than 'Quote'.)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:38:17 PM

Lulz ... University degree is a problem?
I think someone just alienated a large % of bitcointalk Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:59:22 PM

Lulz ... University degree is a problem?
I think someone just alienated a large % of bitcointalk Tongue

Yep, but the better part is watch the newbies trying to give lessons of "wallet id" for others.

It is also funny observe someone ask a simple question for evidence and receive insults in return.

Armchair shills and Bitcoin experts.

Wink
SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:04:33 PM

Armchair shills and Bitcoin experts.

And which one of those are you? Grin
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:23:32 PM

Bitfury's already a sure thing, they are either already shipping or about to. Quantity is a question and you can't get them directly outside Russia so they're being resold for more than they really should be ($19,000 = lol). Seems like a great chip, though I'd rather have a multi-core approach like KNC. I think all future companies will (or should) go multi-core approach in a blade-friendly form-factor. We shall see.

Hashfast, haven't much looked into them. Seems similar to Bitfury. Might be a bit late to the party tho if KNC ships.
I have no BFs or KnCs but if I had to choose now I'd rather have expensive but real BF than late September KnC (at best).
As for HF they will be probably at least 1 month late compared to KnC but who knows, they may hide an ace in their sleeve..
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:40:09 PM

If we had photos now, they ought to be showing the fedex trucks in the background waiting to put the shown miners on the trucks to deliver to us, and even allowing they want to over-deliver that isn't scheduled to happen this month, right? So WTF is it you want photos of, exactly?

-MarkM-

wouldn't it be better if you had pictures of the miners and knowing the background kncminer and partners?

sounds like u are blindly defending

Yes. We did. Thanks. It was one of the first things we did when researching who they are and what their partners bring to the table. Please read something about them, and inform yourself, as opposed to jumping to conclusions, and making assumptions that confirm you yourself haven't looked into their backgrounds, or those of their partners, or read anything about this project...

Bollocks, perhaps you haven't been here from the start, but ALL the answers to his/her questions are easily accessible within the briefest of performing their own research on this forum or their website, all the team provide they provide their professional and verifiable LinkedIN's ffs. In the beginning, I'm not sure who, I think it was Phin Gage actually dug up Andreas or Sam's personal family holiday blog with pictures of where they had travelled with theor children months earlier. They've hidden nothing. I paid a visit, asked Q's mutaully agreed by the forum in thisthread and detailed their exact plan of action. No NDA, no refusal to answer anything, but opinions of competitors on record, as that's not the done thing. I'm optimistic, but I've never ever told anyone to do anything other than perform their own research and due diligence, why? Because it's common sense, and your mind to make.

I'm fed up of people jumping in the thread to derail with supposedly innocent, and either clearly poorly informed opinion, or more nefarious intentions, as it's clear within this thread, as others there have been agent provoceteurs inserted intent on spreading FUD to influence further ill-informed or those too lazy to research. I realise this is a global forum, and perhaps English is not the native tongue of many, but you can politely ask for help when required as opposed to jumping in and bashing a company, which in this case stems from not having even visiting their own website and clicking 'about us'.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: