Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:39:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 [1984] 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:46:59 PM

UPS just informed me of an unexpected 15.5 kg package coming from Sweden. I wonder what it could be?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:48:15 PM

Is it time for Mini Titan Batch 2 customers to consider forming a class action lawsuit against KnCMiner? Batch 1 finished shipping last year. We are well beyond the advertised time frame for delivery of batch 2. Has KnCMiner engaged in deceptive advertising? 

As i recall, that promise was part of the product details in the store. Therefore it's part of the contract.
I don't recall an advertisment of the +1 month outside the store? Was there, too? - that would cement the case.

There have been many breaches of contract, and I've no doubt that if you got to court you would win.

KNC however rely on the fact that it is very hard for most people to do this, so they will deny everything and hide behind un-enforceable contract terms to make it as difficult as possible and string the matter out.

Many people paid out $1500 to some swedish solicitor about 4 months ago and nothing has been heard since, the wheels of justice turn slow and they are very expensive.

dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:54:30 PM

KNC has really gone to hell. I got an underperforming Titan that has bad dies. My only goal now to mine 1000 LTC and pray to the sweet crypto gods that LTC will get back to 10$ and I will have some sort for ROI.  Smiley
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 02:11:51 AM

UPS just informed me of an unexpected 15.5 kg package coming from Sweden. I wonder what it could be?

4 cubes that wont connect to controller Wink

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:44:39 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 03:00:25 AM by RealMalatesta

If I were in the US, I would do some research about their investors. You could make a RICO case out of this and thus go after US-based investors. This would make things easier and quicker instead of trying to fight them on their ground.

edit: Just looked up some facts about GP Bullhound. Gee, I'm almost sad that KnC refunded me. Such a lawsuit would be fun!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:46:23 AM

KNC has really gone to hell. I got an underperforming Titan that has bad dies. My only goal now to mine 1000 LTC and pray to the sweet crypto gods that LTC will get back to 10$ and I will have some sort for ROI.  Smiley

Jeez...that is my bet too...(currently held every LTC I can miner on www.litecoinpool.org now with the merge mine addition it is at 105% ...was at 108% on 3.80 LTC Nov 8th
when I started this run up of hoarding LTC) ...anyway as of today at 550 LTC

But then again reading on what you posted above vs me "hoping" this in my head..it seems a lot more 'unlikely' ...then in the unicorn and rainbow world of my hopes/dreams....

no choice...I just CAN'T sell LTC direct to BTC on a multi-pool at 1.80 usd...it just makes me 'feel dirty' (so so wrong) so will hold and hope

when LTC dumps to 48c and such ..it will complete my dismal KNC TItan experience.......

but yeah I like what you write above ..it is my bet as well.....but reading it in black/white....in the 'real world' scares the bejebbes out of me...

still clinging to the hope that it will not matter in the future 'what you paid for your BTC/LTC/Mining or whatever...at this 2013 to 2015 point in time....but "when" you paid that
amount for the equiv coin'......ie got in early.....this too shall pass 'knock wood".....

(back to my in my head world view of unicorns and rainbows..and 40 buck LTC and 2K BTC as a 'bubble start' senario.....ah...much better....reality is overrated)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:10:36 AM

Yeah, I used to be pretty bullish about LTC.. No longer. I really think it's future is sub 50 cents.
dogjunior

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:00:27 AM

Yeah, I used to be pretty bullish about LTC.. No longer. I really think it's future is sub 50 cents.

Hum well sub 50 cents. If I can mine 20k LTC then I will have made ROI.  Cheesy  So if the hash rate stays the same, in 10 years I will have mined 20K LTC. I don't think my Titan will last a year let alone 10 years. Sad My only hope is $10 LTC.

dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:08:12 AM

Have you read this?

KNC facing a class action lawsuit: http://bitcoinist.net/bitcoinist-news-bits-knc-lawsuit-investigation/
 Sad

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:05:55 PM

At the same time: Accel Investing In KnCMiner – 16nm tape-out completed

The Avenger

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:09:17 PM

Have you read this?

KNC facing a class action lawsuit: http://bitcoinist.net/bitcoinist-news-bits-knc-lawsuit-investigation/
 Sad

I'm well known for my funny photos, but this is actually a real image from her website!

Watching that video, I'm not convinced she is up to the task. kfc are multi-millionaire ruthless crooks, who have made it a conflict of interest for any lawyer in Sweden to work against them. She'll be swallowed whole in 15 minutes.

"I am not The Avenger"
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:40:10 PM

Have you read this?

KNC facing a class action lawsuit: 
 Sad

I'm well known for my funny photos, but this is actually a real image from her website!

Watching that video, I'm not convinced she is up to the task. kfc are multi-millionaire ruthless crooks, who have made it a conflict of interest for any lawyer in Sweden to work against them. She'll be swallowed whole in 15 minutes.

The impression she left in the video is, hm, how to write it in a polite way...?

As a matter of facts, it doesn't really matter what lawyer you have in the US. All you need is one who can convince the DA that it is a RICO-case. And given some facts which are freely available, I don't think this will be so difficult. It would make sense if the community would dox a couple of the persons involved, and with this information, it would be a cake-walk.
The Avenger

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:54:36 PM

Have you read this?

Sad

The impression she left in the video is, hm, how to write it in a polite way...?

As a matter of facts, it doesn't really matter what lawyer you have in the US. All you need is one who can convince the DA that it is a RICO-case. And given some facts which are freely available, I don't think this will be so difficult. It would make sense if the community would dox a couple of the persons involved, and with this information, it would be a cake-walk.
They use RICO to prosecute for murder, kidnapping, arson etc. Not sure kfc are quite on the same level as the Gambino family Grin

What do you mean by doxing persons involved? All the directors of kfc are well known, with plenty TV interviews etc on record that identifies them. They even say in those interviews they sell to private individuals, which negates their t&c's completely about selling only to businesses. You can search for my older posts and find that interview Scam Hole did where he said they "sell to everyone". These facts are all freely available. I hope our intrepid traffic ticket lawyer is reading and already has that evidence in her files.

"I am not The Avenger"
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:19:32 PM

Have you read this?

Sad

They use RICO to prosecute for murder, kidnapping, arson etc. Not sure kfc are quite on the same level as the Gambino family Grin

What do you mean by doxing persons involved? All the directors of kfc are well known, with plenty TV interviews etc on record that identifies them. They even say in those interviews they sell to private individuals, which negates their t&c's completely about selling only to businesses. You can search for my older posts and find that interview Scam Hole did where he said they "sell to everyone". These facts are all freely available. I hope our intrepid traffic ticket lawyer is reading and already has that evidence in her files.

No. RICO has been used in financially related crimes during the last 30 years - just look at the James Irwin-case. There are, however, a couple of goals which have to be met. But if you look at some of the persons invovled in the several companies - KnC, the VC-companies etc - I'm sure this can be accomplished.  Also: doxing the KnC-guys who are well known is one thing. But look at the persons who were employed. What did they do in the past? Were some of them involved in computer related crimes (some of them were - and it is up to KnC to prove that they did a proper DD.). Look at the VC-companies: Were some of them related in tax issues.... Look at the persons in these VCs: Were they involved in some shady financial operations? Yes, some of them were. It is not that the victims have to get all the evidence. They have to get only the evidence which shows a RICO-related behavior. Let's KnC spend their money for their defense. So every potential future investor will ask twice if he will spend money for KnC's lawyers instead of the technology.
The Avenger

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:06:17 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 03:20:32 PM by The Avenger

Have you read this?

Sad

No. RICO has been used in financially related crimes during the last 30 years - just look at the James Irwin-case. There are, however, a couple of goals which have to be met. But if you look at some of the persons invovled in the several companies - KnC, the VC-companies etc - I'm sure this can be accomplished.  Also: doxing the KnC-guys who are well known is one thing. But look at the persons who were employed. What did they do in the past? Were some of them involved in computer related crimes (some of them were - and it is up to KnC to prove that they did a proper DD.). Look at the VC-companies: Were some of them related in tax issues.... Look at the persons in these VCs: Were they involved in some shady financial operations? Yes, some of them were. It is not that the victims have to get all the evidence. They have to get only the evidence which shows a RICO-related behavior. Let's KnC spend their money for their defense. So every potential future investor will ask twice if he will spend money for KnC's lawyers instead of the technology.
Fair enough, I think you know more about the companies around and that invest in kfc than I do. But I'm not surprised that people who invested in a company that "prints money" to turn a quick profit and screws it own customers multiple times could potentually be shady.

The amount that has been invested, according to their latest press release, is incredible:
"Sam Cole, co-founder and CEO of KnCMiner, said: “We have invested more than $70M over the last 12 months into building a world-class bitcoin mining operation and plan to invest a further $150M over the next 18 months as we become one of the key transaction processors within Bitcoin. "

That's why it seems hopeless for a traffic ticket lawyer to go against a company with 100's of millions of dollars.

What really annoys me is that hardware vendors have fleeced the community, without some laywers also getting in on the action and fleecing even more money. When they probably know they can't win, but just want to collect fees. Let's hope Ms Lin proves me wrong and does have some solid info that can be used to invoke RICO action. I won't hold my breath, as she probably has a few dui's to deal with first.

Maybe I wasn't so wrong back in 2013 when I spoke about:

the Swedish bitcoin mafia
Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:51:09 PM

Fair enough, I think you know more about the companies around and that invest in kfc than I do. But I'm not surprised that people who invested in a company that "prints money" to turn a quick profit and screws it own customers multiple times could potentually be shady.

The amount that has been invested, according to their latest press release, is incredible:
"Sam Cole, co-founder and CEO of KnCMiner, said: “We have invested more than $70M over the last 12 months into building a world-class bitcoin mining operation and plan to invest a further $150M over the next 18 months as we become one of the key transaction processors within Bitcoin. "

That's why it seems hopeless for a traffic ticket lawyer to go against a company with 100's of millions of dollars.

What really annoys me is that hardware vendors have fleeced the community, without some laywers also getting in on the action and fleecing even more money. When they probably know they can't win, but just want to collect fees. Let's hope Ms Lin proves me wrong and does have some solid info that can be used to invoke RICO action. I won't hold my breath, as she probably has a few dui's to deal with first.

I admit I wasn't impressed by Ms Lin's interview but don't write her off just yet. I doubt she'll be dealing with the Swedish end. I know she met up with Magnus Daar so he may be handling that (it all has to be filed in Swedish). I've got a suit filed with lawyers in Sweden and its moving along nicely. KNC don't have a gaggle of lawyers, they have one guy and he really doesn't seem to know what he's doing. I've read KNC's defence and quite frankly its a joke. I'd wager even Ms Lin could tear it apart. They are the most unprofessional outfit I've ever had to deal with, so unless they start throwing serious money at this soon I doubt Ms Lin will have a problem.

Any one with a bonus Neptune have anything to report? Any signs that they have been used/ex data centre stock?
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:52:49 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 06:05:47 PM by Paid Piper

wall-street-journal-blog

https://archive.today/BkpSn

The Avenger

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:31:40 PM

they have one guy and he really doesn't seem to know what he's doing.
Ha ha, story of kfc's life Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
dogjunior

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:02:21 PM

Here is something sad. The top hasher at litecoinpool.org is making 93 ltc per day. This is less than $180 USD.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:32:05 PM

wall-street-journal-blog

https://archive.today/BkpSn

Mr. Kotting said. “I don’t see this as a case where they screwed a lot of people to build up their own business.”

What a fucking Asshole!
Pages: « 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 [1984] 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: