Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:44:29 PM

Any good scypt coin for mining I see nicehash have good profit for scypt

How Incan connect Titan miner to nicehash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:00:55 PM

So glad found this thread, and KNC nuked the forum for all troubleshooting.

Where to start, I have a titan batch 2 just shipped yesterday, and it intially worked getting DHCP address. Now the LCD display shows nothing. I never was able to get two cubes to show any data, but the data i did get always didn't work very long.

So Now was able to find the address DCHP was giving from router, and get into console again. Still, LCD display doesn't work, shows no data, and just lights up. So I've tried everything I can think of, reimage and all. But still last thing to try is go into the unit with HDMI, but not even sure what i'm looking for to do, as the web browser for the Pi doesn't let me mine a thing, or even show stats.

What the heck, this appears as if it would be easy, but not even close. I cannot even hook up to a computer to use a cgminer like i did with war machine when the Pi didn't work.

What the heck KNC, you rotten thieves, i wanted a refund and you refused me 8 times. Now i'm stuck with a hunk of junk and no troubleshooting or information to help me.

HELP
cryptodaknight

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:09:54 PM

Where to start, I have a titan batch 2 just shipped yesterday, and it intially worked getting DHCP address. Now the LCD display shows nothing. I never was able to get two cubes to show any data, but the data i did get always didn't work very long.

So Now was able to find the address DCHP was giving from router, and get into console again. Still, LCD display doesn't work, shows no data, and just lights up. So I've tried everything I can think of, reimage and all. But still last thing to try is go into the unit with HDMI, but not even sure what i'm looking for to do, as the web browser for the Pi doesn't let me mine a thing, or even show stats.

What the heck, this appears as if it would be easy, but not even close. I cannot even hook up to a computer to use a cgminer like i did with war machine when the Pi didn't work.

What the heck KNC, you rotten thieves, i wanted a refund and you refused me 8 times. Now i'm stuck with a hunk of junk and no troubleshooting or information to help me.

HELP

Buy a new SD card and flash the 1.02 img, then Upgrade to latest FW.

If your board still shows nothing on the screen you're going to need to RMA your controller board.

So you think using another SD card could actually be the issue? I can try that option, seems have another one laying around. Hope it fixes this issue.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:34:59 AM

HELP

If your board still shows nothing on the screen you're going to need to RMA your controller board.

So you think using another SD card could actually be the issue? I can try that option, seems have another one laying around. Hope it fixes this issue.

It's the first step to troubleshoot. Had 12 Titans - every single one failed and I had to purchase replacements for every single one.

Here here.

I lost 30mh+ on all of them with firmware 2.0.
cryptodaknight

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:53:03 AM

HELP

It's the first step to troubleshoot. Had 12 Titans - every single one failed and I had to purchase replacements for every single one.

That's absolutely insane. I mean, wow. What a horrible company to deal with. I hope they RMA this asap, but really want a refund. I cannot believe this behavior is allowed. What is worst part of all is this company is EXTREMELY rich and makes multi millions a year.
cryptodaknight

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:02:23 AM

Short and Long check your PM from me.  Cool
cryptodaknight

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:33:36 PM

HELP

That's absolutely insane. I mean, wow. What a horrible company to deal with. I hope they RMA this asap, but really want a refund. I cannot believe this behavior is allowed. What is worst part of all is this company is EXTREMELY rich and makes multi millions a year.

It's most definitely insane (from a company who was respected when they started).

Anyway, did you have any luck w the new card at all? Most issues start w the card and can be remedied by tedious reformats and configurations. When in doibt, flash the card and start from step 1.

Sometimes when you are initially setting it up, you may have better luck w underclocking while you're doing so. Find the sweet spot and slowly up all the settings to default/OC.

I've spent hours upon hours on days configuring these Titans and they are some of thr most stubborn miners Ive dealt with.

I hope the new card fixes the issues since it fixed anout 95% of mine.

wow, little i can find is just plain nightmares setting this up. So you flashed card once, but must have to do this again. First atempt it worked with LCD display and console got reading from 3 cubes, but that didn't last long. When you underclock what setting did you start with and where in console? If you have any useful info to share on here, or PM, it would be very very much appreciated. As second batch titans just shipped this week think for most people.

Least i just got mine, so likely new wave of people needing help, and now there is no KNC forum to find information or troubleshoot.
nicehash
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:58:37 PM

Any good scypt coin for mining I see nicehash have good profit for scypt

How Incan connect Titan miner to nicehash

Update to latest firmware and use:

"url": "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3333/#xnsub#skipcbcheck",
       "user": "yourBTCaddress”
       "pass": "d=16384"

or

"url": "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333/#xnsub#skipcbcheck",
       "user": "yourBTCaddress”
       "pass": "d=16384"

Anyway, Titans are still having minor issues on fast work restart. However, our system is designed to reward miners with extra shares when this happens. What I suggest you is to run your miner full-time at WestHash or NiceHash for at least 30 hours and then look at your stats: https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=0&addr=yourBTCaddress

You'll see a graph with average speed displayed (must be at least 24 hours for accurate speed calculation), and you'll see the actual hashrate with extra rewards (usually a few % more than the hashrate displayed at your miner's interface). More info at line "C)" here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqg3

jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:51:31 PM

Which is best firmware for Titan?

1.97 or 2.00??
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:55:39 AM

Which is best firmware for Titan?

1.97 or 2.00??

i use 2.00 but it seemed to take like 3 or 4 days to creep past what i was getting on 1.97 ..maybe 1mh or so ....but that could be a fluke

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mishax1
Legendary

Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:35:03 AM

Check this out guys..

Good evening fellow miners.

I just received a call from UPS.
It seams KNC are shipping batch 2 titans, finally...

Roll on 40GH

Will keep this updated with more info when I get it.
Cheers.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:40:53 AM

Check this out guys..

Good evening fellow miners.

I just received a call from UPS.
It seams KNC are shipping batch 2 titans, finally...

Roll on 40GH

Will keep this updated with more info when I get it.
Cheers.

yeah heard from a guy that got one ....says it does 450mh ok ..no idea if he overclocked it to do so

I find it interesting that KNC ships 2nd batch Titans and we are suddenly looking at an -14.35 difficulty drop with 11.1 hrs to go difficulty drop for LTC?

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

it is almost like a bunch of miners got 'unplug'd' and moved/(shipped?) someplace else? (knc would not do that right...hoard miners for own use?) heh Smiley

....so...anyway if I was getting one I'd look inside for dust/use/whatever...would be just like them to do this

I myself still expect an announcement by them sometime in the next few months of their Titan Data Hall don't ya know....(with IPO opportunities i bet)

well we will see if when these (so far) last of the 2nd batch titan big asic miners hit the ltc/alt coin network ..if it will pump the price (show use) due to folks mining and holding
as a last 'desperate' attempt to creep towards ROI on the hope of a price rise (yeah I know ..not probably a good bet...my bet) ...or if the 2nd batch folk are gonna mine like heck to usd and get the $$ back as they can before their 2nd batch Titans get to the eventual 'doorstop' status of KNC kaputness...

no idea...just saying..if is see a corresponding 14.35 difficulty rise in say 7 days .....I may go with the conspiracy theory....assuming it goes back and flatlines after that point

ie uplug drops....builds back up.....(nothing to see here folks knc says) and then just merrily has no diff issues of that scale ...a blip so to speak ...ltc diff blunders...back to modest gains/losses with those "suspicious' imho blips up and down in difficulty with LTC ...who knows.....bit too taken in with the 'evil genius' of knc perhaps

one last way knc could have pissed on our boots before walking out the door to $$$ and knc cloud data hall heaven...on their way to their stated goal of owning 40 percent of all the bitcoin network mining....(as to scrypt no clue) ah KNC the Russia to BFL's Cuba ...one evil empire works the other not so much Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mishax1
Legendary

Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:59:27 AM

You can clearly see the drop in interest of the LTC since January , about 25% drop in hashrate, and another hude drop now expected..

I would say that this is a trend after LTC announced they stop development..

LTC RIP
jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:27:23 AM

which is best firmware for titan

2.00 or 1.97 Angry Angry Angry Angry
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:32:43 AM

I find it interesting that KNC ships 2nd batch Titans and we are suddenly looking at an -14.35 difficulty drop with 11.1 hrs to go difficulty drop for LTC?

it is almost like a bunch of miners got 'unplug'd' and moved/(shipped?) someplace else? (knc would not do that right...hoard miners for own use?) heh
Much as I love a good conspiracy, a huge amount of scrypt hashpower (around 250-300GH) was running on LiteDoge after its launch a couple of days ago which has affected the current LTC diff.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:39:47 AM

it is almost like a bunch of miners got 'unplug'd' and moved/(shipped?) someplace else? (knc would not do that right...hoard miners for own use?) heh
Much as I love a good conspiracy, a huge amount of scrypt hashpower (around 250-300GH) was running on LiteDoge after its launch a couple of days ago which has affected the current LTC diff.

ah dang.....well ....was just the 'thought' ...

cryptodaknight

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:34:18 PM

I'm production assistant also from Dogedradio https://twitter.com/dogedradio

If anyone on this thread feels like they know more of this story, what is really going on with KNC, send me a PM and lets talk. Seems like this story has been unfolding for a long time, and we'd love to get the full story.

teslaman

Activity: 65
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:53:12 AM

Final update from this post.

I got around to swapping the fans and the BitFenix, from the early batch Neptune miners, looks about the same as the Speedy from the Bonuses.

So, if you have been running fine with the BitFenix fans, then you could go the heatsink route like I did and be set. The less work option is to buy the Noctua fans and enjoy the 42dB. Tongue In my case, heatsinks+adhesive = $100. Noctuas would have been $140. But, you might not get it done that cheap if you do not already have the tools. Seeing as how we should not be having to spend anything on the friggin' things, I prefer the cheaper route. The copper bling does not hurt either, lol. Grin

KnCMiner Firmware - Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune/Titan
qberty

Activity: 405

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:18:35 PM

Just received a batch 2 Titan. Got an extra cube to achieve the higher promised hashrate. Can't use it however because the controller board I got doesn't have a working ethernet port/firmware.

Anyone else had a problem starting up the titans with a blank screen and no ethernet activity? Did anyone fix it with a proper firmware installed? (which I tried to no avail).
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:52:17 PM

Just received a batch 2 Titan. Got an extra cube to achieve the higher promised hashrate. Can't use it however because the controller board I got doesn't have a working ethernet port/firmware.

Anyone else had a problem starting up the titans with a blank screen and no ethernet activity? Did anyone fix it with a proper firmware installed? (which I tried to no avail).

did you try a new SD card... I use a Sandisk 8gb Class 10 card....format it etc and such put the new 2.00 img on it...see if that is the work around ..ie a crappy SD replace it?

if by the above you mean the raspberry pi usb port is shot......not sure if they are using the ones on the 1st batch titans  but anyway

i was told by knc staff (take that as you want like they know squat) that you can just replace directly a raspberry pi B+ 512mb unit to the knc daughterboard if the raspberry pi is broken....others on here i think have done so (or maybe it was knc forums which are now down)

BUT THIS ALL DEPENDS IF THEY USED THE SAME RASPBERRY PI AS THE 1ST BATCH ...no idea....they could have redesigned everything maybe toss some pics on here for the more knowledgeable of the folks here to help...guess we have to stick together now that they 'sunk' knc forums such as it was....

anyway all i got i wish you luck

by the by let us know here if you got the raspberry pi B+ 512mb unit or did you get the NEWEST unit...curious...also is the board different then the old board on these units or did they simply toss in the extra cube and it is the same setup as a batch 1 .....anyway good luck all that comes to mind ...others on here will likely know more on this again pics may help the more tech savy here to help you out

Pages: « 1 ... 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: