Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:34:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 [2019] 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049439 times)
hubub123

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:53:33 AM

I need to change topic for a minute.  And I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, so my appologies.

I just uploaded KNC firmware 1.06 into my Neptune, and it ran fine until I rebooted.  Now the Status just reports that cgminer is 'STOPPED'.  No simple fix is restoring this issue. 
My Neptune has run flawless for 9 months and for some reason I upgraded the firmware last night....BIG MISTAKE!

Can someone please direct me to the right page or provide a solution for this KNC firmware problem?

Steven
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:47:33 AM

I need to change topic for a minute.  And I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, so my appologies.

I just uploaded KNC firmware 1.06 into my Neptune, and it ran fine until I rebooted.  Now the Status just reports that cgminer is 'STOPPED'.  No simple fix is restoring this issue.  
My Neptune has run flawless for 9 months and for some reason I upgraded the firmware last night....BIG MISTAKE!

Can someone please direct me to the right page or provide a solution for this KNC firmware problem?

Steven

others can jump on here ..but off the top of my head with my titan this was what was up...i realize you have a neptune..but hey i'm awake too

1) power down reboot (which i assume you did also besides just reboot)

2) The SD card is bad....I assume...so when I had this issue i ALWAYS DID a fresh from scratch on a NEW SD card
     the titan came with a kingsington 4gb class 4 so i got Sandisk 8gb class 10 and re-did the image that is how i upgrade now
     was the same symptoms a new image on a new sandisk 8gb class 10 instead fixed it

again this was with a titan but i probably would not hurt to make a new SD on a class 10 SD card .....try that i guess..worse is you have a spare for if/when the SD card
goes bad if it is another fix besides this

others on here will have more ideas I'm sure but it is 5:45am where i'm at in case you want to try something and tearing your hair out (the sweet taste of panic i remember it well)
I still do my upgrades from then on with a fresh new SD card not that i expect anymore from KNC

anyway was the symptoms on my Titan ...just saying..hope it applies as a guick fix for your neptune

good luck others will have further better info I'm sure as the am goes on

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:12:42 AM

Does someone knows a solo mining tuto for knc miner ?

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 02:27:07 PM

Does someone knows a solo mining tuto for knc miner ?

Build and run some coin daemons as per the instructions for your coins of choice and then set up nomp following the instructions at https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal. Point your titan at nomp and solo mine.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:54:42 AM

A Jupiter controller can be flashed and used to control Neptune cubes, right?
hubub123

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:44:03 AM

I need to change topic for a minute.  And I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, so my appologies.

I just uploaded KNC firmware 1.06 into my Neptune, and it ran fine until I rebooted.  Now the Status just reports that cgminer is 'STOPPED'.  No simple fix is restoring this issue.  

Steven

others can jump on here ..but off the top of my head with my titan this was what was up...i realize you have a neptune..but hey i'm awake too

2) The SD card is bad....I assume...so when I had this issue i ALWAYS DID a fresh from scratch on a NEW SD card
     the titan came with a kingsington 4gb class 4 so i got Sandisk 8gb class 10 and re-did the image that is how i upgrade now
     was the same symptoms a new image on a new sandisk 8gb class 10 instead fixed it

again this was with a titan but i probably would not hurt to make a new SD on a class 10 SD card .....try that i guess..worse is you have a spare for if/when the SD card

others on here will have more ideas I'm sure but it is 5:45am where i'm at in case you want to try something and tearing your hair out (the sweet taste of panic i remember it well)
I still do my upgrades from then on with a fresh new SD card not that i expect anymore from KNC

anyway was the symptoms on my Titan ...just saying..hope it applies as a guick fix for your neptune

The problem on my Neptune, was caused from a failed cube.

Ok so I found and SD card and found the firmware online and flashed the controller/RasberryPi with neptune rc6 firmware.  Plugged the cubes back in and..........still Stopped.
So in desperation, I started unplugging the cubes 1 by 1.  When I had removed the 2nd cube plug, I noticed that the displayed started showing hashing with the last 3 cubes connected.  Turns out that the number 2 cube was causing all the others to not start hashing, and once it was removed and the first two reconnected, the hashing ramped back up to normal.  I replaced the failed cube with one of the my Bonus cubes and it is back up to full speed again.

So once again, I tried to upgrade the firmware, and this time it worked with no problems.  Its up to 1.02 now.

I now now I have 1 faulted cube and will probably have more, once I trouble shoot the rest of the Bonus cubes.

Thanks for the good advice mate.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:42:34 AM

Steven

The problem on my Neptune, was caused from a failed cube.

Ok so I found and SD card and found the firmware online and flashed the controller/RasberryPi with neptune rc6 firmware.  Plugged the cubes back in and..........still Stopped.
So in desperation, I started unplugging the cubes 1 by 1.  When I had removed the 2nd cube plug, I noticed that the displayed started showing hashing with the last 3 cubes connected.  Turns out that the number 2 cube was causing all the others to not start hashing, and once it was removed and the first two reconnected, the hashing ramped back up to normal.  I replaced the failed cube with one of the my Bonus cubes and it is back up to full speed again.

So once again, I tried to upgrade the firmware, and this time it worked with no problems.  Its up to 1.02 now.

I now now I have 1 faulted cube and will probably have more, once I trouble shoot the rest of the Bonus cubes.

Thanks for the good advice mate.

Use 1.06s !!!!!!!

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 01:24:15 AM

If this OT please move/delete

Are these thieving bastards kidding??
link...     https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/kncminer-launches-xbt-provider-bitcoin-tracker-one/

After our story about KnCMiner facing class action lawsuits, several readers wrote in to thank us and share their stories as well. We expected to receive some comment back from KnCMiner regarding the claims being made against them by more than two dozen clients representing several dozen thousands of dollars. We never did.

However, today we’ve received word that KnC has launched a Bitcoin exchange. From where? Straight from the horse’s mouth, in a press release that only mentions KnC in the heading and in the footing, nowhere in the body.

Also read: Buy Orders in the Millions for Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC)

XBT Provider AB (publ) announced today the authorization of Bitcoin Tracker One, the first bitcoin-based security available on a regulated exchange. XBT Provider is launching this financial instrument to meet the needs of investors’ growing appetite for exposure to Bitcoin prices.

Nevermind BTCS and GBTC

XBT Provider appears to be a new venture by the people who brought you the KnCMiner scandal. It claims that it will be traded on NASDAQ Stockholm beginning May 18th. The announcement managed to make no mention of KnCMiner. There are existing stock symbols on regulated exchanges already, so we must presume that XBT Provider is referring to the Sweden’s markets. Additionally, several hedge funds have picked up Bitcoin as an asset for long-term growth. XBT Provider CEO Alexander Marsh said:

We are proud to offer the world’s first “Bitcoin tracker” to be traded on a regulated exchange. By enabling this easy and secure way to invest in Bitcoin we hope to have eliminated the boundaries that earlier prevented individuals and companies from being able to actively invest in what we believe to be the future of money.

BTCS and GBTC, watch out. KnC seems to have started a whole new company to launch this venture, seemingly in hopes that the legal liabilities of KnCMiner will fade out of view. But certainly as the class action lawsuit makes headway, the stock price will be affected.

Time will tell what is next for this symbol. Former customers of KnCMiner will no doubt be surprised by this news, however. At time of writing, shares of Bitcoin Tracker One, the symbol being offered by XBT Provider, were selling for 9.45 SEK, or $1.13 USD.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:20:10 AM

Anyone?
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:01:15 AM

got my refund for the mini Titan, no email just coins. Wouldn't have known they sent it but someobdy replied to a Disqus comment I made saying they got their refund so I checked my wallet and it's there.
If you're waiting on a mini Titan refund, check your wallet hopefully the coins will be there.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:57:26 AM

got my refund for the mini Titan, no email just coins. Wouldn't have known they sent it but someobdy replied to a Disqus comment I made saying they got their refund so I checked my wallet and it's there.
If you're waiting on a mini Titan refund, check your wallet hopefully the coins will be there.

Good for you! Nice to see some folk at least got a full refund for what they paid originally BTC or USD in that KNC JUST FLAT OUT LIED AND CAN canceled  THE PRODUCT RUN COMPLETELY!

sheesh ......reasonable refund to the customer and we here on knc forum find it shocking THAT they managed to figure that much out and act on it!
(and before this point they still tried to game their responsibilities) the mind boggles at the antics that KNC continues to try and pull.

Anyone?

from what i understand it can be done look thru the thread i'm pretty sure it has been confirmed more then a  few times

myself i have a knc no refund no roi titan so it is NO GO for me the Titan uses a raspberry pi instead

good luck

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:57:02 PM

my neptune started to work out of nowhere! before it was lighting up the display and nothing more!

now i try to get used with it

any mods to keep it cooler?

any guides to learn about this miner?

thx!

good luck to all of you!

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:00:27 AM

Did you receive full compensation or something less, ie: if you paid in BTC, did you receive BTC equivalent to the USD price of the mini-titan at the time of purchase ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:08:20 AM

my neptune started to work out of nowhere! before it was lighting up the display and nothing more!

now i try to get used with it

any mods to keep it cooler?

any guides to learn about this miner?

thx!

good luck to all of you!

from what others have said (see the thread) the neptunes I heard .....seem to like to run a bit hot....so cooling may not be as a problem as a person would think

my Titan (if this applies) is in the basement at 77F or 25c and the cubes are at 75-77c at this point in time

someone told me they are running theres at 85c w/o issue.....so you may have a bit of slack before cooling is an issue...at least with titan (or in a basement)

right now I have NO external fans to the outside of the basement....gonna see how long she can go before i see a drop in how it works

if it is anything like the Jupiter I should be able to just get buy with some basement casement windows open on the hottest days with some fans blowing out

anyway 77F (25c) and 75c on the dc/dc ave temps in my view ain't bad....if like I was told folk are running these beasts ok with the dc/dc ave temp at 85c

hopefully I can squeak by till July w/o a lot of fan action in basement ..hopefully this applies to your neptune with its cube arrangement as well

mavericklm

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:42:14 AM

i have seen over 80 on a single asic(2 asics in 1 die?), the rest are under 80
i like how may i have on 0w or much less than normal!
1cube is not seen at all!!!
2th with 1.3kw!
i like the low noise but i don't like the variations on the wattage. it can go 100w up or down!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:58:09 AM

i have seen over 80 on a single asic(2 asics in 1 die?), the rest are under 80
i like how may i have on 0w or much less than normal!
1cube is not seen at all!!!
2th with 1.3kw!
i like the low noise but i don't like the variations on the wattage. it can go 100w up or down!

only luck I've had on a dead cube is just have it as the only cube on the unit and keep power off rebooting and do and re-do power and ribbon
connectors (more voodoo then science) and eventually mine have been found by the controller.....others on here may have a way to do this beside panic and hope but only way i've gotten my dead cube back on two occasions...and the only reason it died in the first place was me trying to fix a dead die etc...so i think the titan cube is
telling me to back the frick off..so i have 2 dead dies set to OFF 1 on each cube on the 2nd unit i got...the other unit runs fine 6 cubes with the lcd removed
again i have a knc titan but maybe this stuff will also work on a neptune

you can also shut a bad die to off it may make your other dies more stable and as long as you are there you may as well shoot for
whatever the max setting is on a neptune..if it is not there already....tsee how that goes as long as you are mucking about

you also need at least TWO PSU's for  me i have platinum corsair 1200i's running 3 cubes each and a seasonic 860w also platium running the other titan controller with
my 2 problem cubes (1 dead die each) again titan ..you could also just swap the cube on a 2nd psu see if it likes it better .....but at least you can re-check the power
leads from the psu switching things about an resetting

and of course the Y connectors

you probably know all the basics above...

and if none of the above works you can always reflash the card to 1.06... again see if that helps ....also sometimes (once for me) a backup file takes care of the dead cube if
you have made one (i guess it was 3x i had the dead cube issue again only when i mucked with dies to get them up....hmmmmmm i see a trend here on my end)

but again others on here have better info then my hit and miss but it is the middle of the nite and what the heck it keeps a guy occupied

and as always i have a knc no refund no roi titan 300mh 1st batch so keep that in mind with a neptune of things to try

again others on here with more expertise chime in but again it is the middle of the nite so the above in panic mode has worked for me (so far) sorry i can't be more precise
on the Neptune but using the somewhat dubious methods above it managed to crawl its way back .....so never had any reason to go further ..at least with the titans..ugly
thou the above steps are ...shudder.....

(in my case the lesson is don't mess with my titans and give up on the dead dies coming back...the dang knc junk tries to brick itself on a whim imho....)

mavericklm

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:50:46 AM

lay off the alcohol or drugs! .... Smiley

the shit started up yesterday. at first 1cube, after that 2 cubes(on 500w corsair). i moved the miner to dps200bb and put all cubes on the controller.
at first no luck! only the previous 2 cubes. exchange the cables, the sockets and after few hours i got to 4cubes at 2th with 1.3kw on the wall

yes i got that 6rc firmware

the psu is fine! i can suck 200A out of it! cables(16awg) are fine! only the adapter is a little warm where is entering the 6pin in the cubes

i'll play a little more, maybe i'll get the final cube online Grin

regards,
mav
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:42:37 AM

lay off the alcohol or drugs! .... Smiley

the shit started up yesterday. at first 1cube, after that 2 cubes(on 500w corsair). i moved the miner to dps200bb and put all cubes on the controller.
at first no luck! only the previous 2 cubes. exchange the cables, the sockets and after few hours i got to 4cubes at 2th with 1.3kw on the wall

yes i got that 6rc firmware

the psu is fine! i can suck 200A out of it! cables(16awg) are fine! only the adapter is a little warm where is entering the 6pin in the cubes

i'll play a little more, maybe i'll get the final cube online Grin

regards,
mav

sorry all i had to offer such as it was........but to say knc products are 'finicky' imho is a vast understatement

so you have 2 500w corsairs? ......not sure is that light? for  a neppie (don't jump on me I'm a titan users...but I thought you needed at least a couple 750w on those beasties)

I'm likely wrong....but ....

other then that sorry..got nothing but your playing around a bit more

mavericklm

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:17:24 PM

no problem man! thanx for the help!

just 1 corsair in the house

yeah, i know i have to play with it. atm i said fuck it and put it aside
it's just time and nerves consuming...

put back 2 sp20 on dps2000bb and i got 2.4th on same 1.3kw!

regards,
mav
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 06:47:00 PM

Anyone?

Yes it can..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Pages: « 1 ... 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 [2019] 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: