Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:05:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 [2021] 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:41:57 PM

Searing... I'm seeing Ebay selling Neppies for a grand still, but okay.... using those calculators...  give the diff an honest KNC 16nm cloud estimate, and then add Spondoolies recent merger with Bitcoinshop who are going "cloud", just like KNC.
Granted, Bitcoin could jump to three grand tomorrow, but it could also dip down to 78 bucks... but one thing is for sure... The difficulty level will be rising wildly again soon.
I thought about running a few during daylight hours on my 8kw solar system, but then the ROI is cut by 66% when doing it that way.(8 hours usable daylight). I don't see how anything short of a miracle could get me to bother with straight Bitcoin mining again.

Oooh... one thing though... Looking at the Titan mining ltc, and trading to btc mining compared to Neptune stats is a bit more tempting... and seeing the difficulty on ltc is lower than when delivered, things are looking to stretch out for Titan...  but then I think about the hellish nightmare I was in when I got miners delivered... both with jupiter and neptune batches...  and the urge goes away. I think I can safely say I won't be needing a 12-step program to get away from mining forever. (grin)
I feel lucky just getting out at 486 and still having a small profit to show. I'd be committing hairy-cary if I had held to two hundred.
I'm feeling safer atm just saving change and buying small amounts of btc to hold now that things are a bit more sable, but not ready for going "all in" again just yet.
cheers

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
varChar

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:14:57 PM

I'll update what I last talked about with Joakim Stignert. He is one of the lawyer in the group action.

You more people that will join the group action, the better it is for each of us. The interest are really high, especially by the amount from USA and Charlotte Lin.
Consider that, the risk are really low. They will tell the amount of participators so that each of us can make our own estimates of the risks. BUT the cost of the trial(s) should be "normal", so KnC can't get 10 lawyers and think that we will pay that if they win.
They make an estimate that at least 50 people will join the group action. If KnC loose and appeal and wins in the supreme court (first district court and if they loose and appeal they will go to supreme court). And if we count really high, let say KnC sends an invoice of 400 000 sek our cost per person will be 8000 SEK (400 000/50 = 8000 SEK or in USD $50 000/50 = $1000). And that is worst case.

They can't sue any of us because their name or their brand or any thing like that got poorly treated.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:48:24 PM

Does anyone had take answer from knc
I had sent email 3 days now with no answer from them

Does anyone had take answer Huh?
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:10:11 AM

Anyone had luck unsubscribing from a thread? Unwatching doesn't seem to help and I have absolutely no interest watching this thread any longer.

Thanks
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:03:01 AM

Anyone had luck unsubscribing from a thread? Unwatching doesn't seem to help and I have absolutely no interest watching this thread any longer.

Thanks

This nightmare will hunt you forever.  Cheesy
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:20:42 AM

Thanks

This nightmare will hunt you forever.  Cheesy

yep my thinking especially years from now when Sam Cole will tout himself as a founder of the bitcoin backbone when he is old and grey....(should he get his way and KNC controls
40% of all bitcoin mining in 2016 as they have stated as their goal)

shudder ...scared my self........ 'the horror'.......sheesh...

me I'll stick around here forever ..I still yell on BFL forums because I'm p/o'd about them STILL ..and I got a full refund in 1 year and 20 days.....(miracle it was)

not that i hold a grudge mind you ...(er  i may have issues?)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:21:57 AM

Click the "notify" link in the bottom right.
If you were previously set to be notified, it will ask "Are you sure you wish to disable notification of new replies for this topic?".
If you weren't previously set to be notified, it will ask "Are you sure you wish to enable notification of new replies for this topic?"
( the link always reads 'notify' - unlike the watch/unwatch one which changes )

Alternatively, find it in your Notifications & E-mail settings, check it, and click the Unsubscribe button.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=95485;sa=notification (link only works for dhenson)

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:24:47 AM

Thanks

Go to your watchlist https://bitcointalk.org/watchlist.php you can select the threads you wish to remove from that list.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:48:00 PM

For those curious about KnCMiner's latest chip - AlChip (KnC's steady technology partner) had a big ol' banner up with some specs.  Photographer didn't catch the entire thing:

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:52:55 AM

On a side note now that Summer is coming in my part of the world....what is the range of acceptable temps for the Titan 300mh 1st batch
dc/dc individually?

mine range from 79 to 92c (only 1 at 92c) I'd guess the majority are in the 85c range

figure should probably know this at the 72F temp outside for what i need to do to ventilate the basement

thanks ...I've seen no degradation of performance of the miner(s) same as when I ran it in basement this last winter

anyway just looking at a high end temp that I should be concerned with ...again this is individual dc/dc temps not the ave per cube which is quite lower

thanks....the constant quest to stop the slow downward slip of the titan(s) to doorstops...........good to have goals Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:30:50 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 09:41:49 PM by Fatman3001

So I finally got my long awaited bonus miner a week or two before easter only to find out that it was a PoS. The fans were not strong enough to do very much of anything, but I had the miners in a warehouse at 12 degrees celsius (don't know what that is in fahrenheit or zargons) so they should have been fine. But no, 4 out of 5 cubes overheated and turned off sections. So I was planning to get some new fans, some cooling pads for the power regulators and put some new cooling paste on the chips, but until then I would just run them heavily underclocked.

However during the easter holidays the whole miner just dropped off the grid. When I came to the site all the PSUs were running, so no major power failure like I saw on the Jupiter I have. Eventually I disconnected all the miners from the controller board and the board started flashing its lights at startup. I was hopeful. But the router never found the controller/Neptune. I suspect it might be the beagle (I have never seen such a scruffy beagle in my life, it looks like it had a lobotomy), but I don't know.

Does anyone have any ideas? If it can be fixed, what fans should I get?

You sure there is no plastic cover between the ASIC chip and the heatsink?

nope its not a consumer product.
yoi su[pposed to be tech shavvy.

I haven't opened the miner. There were no instructions with it. Is this an issue?

What the F kind of answer is that (in bold)? And you're moaning about me not being tech savvy when you can't even quote properly in a forum?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:40:57 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 10:04:46 PM by Fatman3001

So I finally got my long awaited bonus miner a week or two before easter only to find out that it was a PoS. The fans were not strong enough to do very much of anything, but I had the miners in a warehouse at 12 degrees celsius (don't know what that is in fahrenheit or zargons) so they should have been fine. But no, 4 out of 5 cubes overheated and turned off sections. So I was planning to get some new fans, some cooling pads for the power regulators and put some new cooling paste on the chips, but until then I would just run them heavily underclocked.

However during the easter holidays the whole miner just dropped off the grid. When I came to the site all the PSUs were running, so no major power failure like I saw on the Jupiter I have. Eventually I disconnected all the miners from the controller board and the board started flashing its lights at startup. I was hopeful. But the router never found the controller/Neptune. I suspect it might be the beagle (I have never seen such a scruffy beagle in my life, it looks like it had a lobotomy), but I don't know.

When the controller flashes on boot.  Is it 3 short white or 1 longer white?  If it's 3, the controller is bad.  If none, then more likely bbb.  I have been able to use a new bbb on the controller board and it seems to work just fine.  I've also picked up some spare controller boards from folks getting rid of jupiter, saturn & mercury units.

I didn't bring the miner with me. I was in kind of in a hurry when I was at the site. I 'll check next time I'm there. BTW I have a Mercury with a fully functional controller board. Any link to how I can get that to play nice with the Neptune cubes?

Just flash the mercury with the neptune firmware, update to latest firmware and you are set. (except merc propbably only has 4 connections instead of 6.

I went down to the site this weekend and picked up the Mercury and the Neptune controller board. Haven't had time to test it though. Anyhew, it's getting warmer and it's not much point in doing the controller board bit without improving the cooling. The 3000rpm Noctua are a bit much to throw into this money pit so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about these :

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=366

They are roughly 1/3 the price of the Noctuas, which is much more palatable considering the build quality and reliability of the Neptune thus far.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:40:24 PM

When the controller flashes on boot.  Is it 3 short white or 1 longer white?  If it's 3, the controller is bad.  If none, then more likely bbb.  I have been able to use a new bbb on the controller board and it seems to work just fine.  I've also picked up some spare controller boards from folks getting rid of jupiter, saturn & mercury units.

I didn't bring the miner with me. I was in kind of in a hurry when I was at the site. I 'll check next time I'm there. BTW I have a Mercury with a fully functional controller board. Any link to how I can get that to play nice with the Neptune cubes?

Just flash the mercury with the neptune firmware, update to latest firmware and you are set. (except merc propbably only has 4 connections instead of 6.

I went down to the site this weekend and picked up the Mercury and the Neptune controller board. Haven't had time to test it though. Anyhew, it's getting warmer and it's not much point in doing the controller board bit without improving the cooling. The 3000rpm Noctua are a bit much to throw into this money pit so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about these :

They are roughly 1/3 the price of the Noctuas, which is much more palatable considering the build quality and reliability of the Neptune thus far.

Depends on which Noctuas you want to compare it to.  You can get Noctuas with 3000 RPM.  So if your comparing to that it does not rank so well. But if it's a 2000 vs 2000 RPM I would think it would be ok.  (I disclose I have not used a silver stone tek fan I'm comparing RPM as that is more what I would worry about.)
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:00:31 PM

Depends on which Noctuas you want to compare it to.  You can get Noctuas with 3000 RPM.  So if your comparing to that it does not rank so well. But if it's a 2000 vs 2000 RPM I would think it would be ok.  (I disclose I have not used a silver stone tek fan I'm comparing RPM as that is more what I would worry about.)

The silverstones come with an adapter to hook it up to a regular 12v molex from the psu so I am also considering just taping these at the back of the cubes and run them with two fans each. One sucking, one blowing [insert joke]. Anyone who has any thoughts on something like this? Would the turbulence cancel any potential benefits?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:05:08 PM

The silverstones come with an adapter to hook it up to a regular 12v molex from the psu so I am also considering just taping these at the back of the cubes and run them with two fans each. One sucking, one blowing [insert joke]. Anyone who has any thoughts on something like this? Would the turbulence cancel any potential benefits?

Generally speaking that is a good idea.  Push/pull is a tried and true method of getting more power. 

I have not tried fan's not linked on a knc product.   But I have 2 C1's I rigged to use PSU instead and they run at max speed always, which is nice for cooling.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:31:47 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to convert a Jupiter controller into a Neptune controller? The reason I am asking is because I would like to repackage 2 Neptune cubes + controller into a 4U chassis but I don't have enough Neptune controllers to do this. However, I have some old "November" Jupiters laying around and it would be great if I could use their controllers.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:45:30 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to convert a Jupiter controller into a Neptune controller? The reason I am asking is because I would like to repackage 2 Neptune cubes + controller into a 4U chassis but I don't have enough Neptune controllers to do this. However, I have some old "November" Jupiters laying around and it would be great if I could use their controllers.

yep folk say it is do'able (see previous msgs in the thread) you just flash the jupiter SD to the neptune SD stuff from what i gather and viola

let us know how it goes...we hear people say it works but little else..hopefully because it works as quick and easy as my previous sentence
they don't bother to give feedback on the process here because it works well.

good luck Smiley

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:40:48 AM

yep folk say it is do'able (see previous msgs in the thread) you just flash the jupiter SD to the neptune SD stuff from what i gather and viola

let us know how it goes...we hear people say it works but little else..hopefully because it works as quick and easy as my previous sentence
they don't bother to give feedback on the process here because it works well.

good luck Smiley

Thanks, I will give it a try this weekend.
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:25:22 PM

Am I reading this right?
People are still buying Neptunes when KNC are at the brink of launching the 16 nanometer cloud and have stopped any & all support of previous products?
Amazing how people will buy machines BEFORE doing any research.
Your only hope is a BTC price hike to thousands of dollars before the diff jumps again. .... Good luck with that.
Worrying about a few Gigahashes is so futile... It's shear insanity!
Do the math... a Neptune purchased now will likely never ROI... ever. Not even with free electric.

To a lot of people bitcoin is a a hobby, so they know they will never get ROI with and or without free power. Instead is a long-term investment. Bitcoin has survived this long even with the governments showing their disinterest in it and the media's attempt to distant everyone who doesn't know enough about Bitcoin from it. It's still here today and it will still be here once the US economy tanks. No one not even you for saw it rise to $1200 before it happened, so there is a very good chance it will happen again.

If you dislike Bitcoin that much sell me yours for $0.05 a coin so i can collect them! Smiley

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:38:58 AM

Amazing how people will buy machines BEFORE doing any research.

This coming from a dickhead who handed over 51BTC to a scammer in England with a totally fictional company:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513

And he still comes on here acting the expert and handing out advice  Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Pages: « 1 ... 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 [2021] 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: