Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:42:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 [2029] 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:39:42 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 08:54:36 AM by Fatman3001

-snip-

KNC is a Swedish company, if you bought the miner as a private person and not as a company there is no way they can claim that the warranty period is just 3 months, its at least a 1 year period(when its not the customer responsibility to show that they have operating the device correctly) and up to a 3 year period in total. If the same error repeats itself after KNC has repaired the device then after the 3rd time the consumer has the right to return the device and get a full reund of the products cost. If KNC dont follow Swedish laws then all affected customers should get together and sue them in court to get what there entitled to.

the class action is partially based from what i understand is KNC's insistence that this equipment was 'experimental" and a biz to biz transaction under Swedish law so the above don't apply ..which comes down to a screw you on the above both for returns in late arrival of the item/pre-order scam and i assume the 3 month warranty issue as well (which i think only is in black and white for 3rd batch stuff titan stuff) also NO warranty on the bonus equipment they shipped really really late ..too boot

the catch for me is Swedish law allows them to side step EU stuff above (again from what I understand) in that by buying this equipment according to KNC we then had to be a business .........so the danger is will Swedish courts reverse their idea or clarify biz to biz in this case or just go with the KNC version (my view anyway I know zip ..just saying) and current Swedish law ..which seems what KNC is betting on in the class action.

thus the class action because knc are assholes with 4 month delay of customers pre-ordered miners to their data halls first (Neptune owners left waiting) and other issues
you can find throughout this thread.

I'm not in the class action but I wish those in it luck....but the above is partially why it is at the class action stage......that and the no need for customers anymore in that
all their 16nm chips are for internal data hall use via their IPO arrangements on such....

other info on this thread can clarify more and in more detail etc and the class action thing below ..I think you have to apply and pay the law firm before july 2015 to
get on board that

www.kncclassaction.com

my 2 satoshi's

KnC doesn't decide who's a private person and who's a company. If you could buy gear from them without proving that you were registered as a company somewhere, then all of KnCs "opinions" and "legalese" is simply ignored by the courts and consumer protection laws apply in full force. It's that simple.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:40:43 AM

Nice video if you understand swedish.

Title: KnC Miner, It smells bad from far away

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.607829/knc-miner-det-luktar-illa-lang-vag

"So they've lost several months of mining while the bitcoin price is going down, of course they are pissed off. "

Let's not forget this "brilliant" prediction last May as to what the price of bitcoin would be in December 2014 Cheesy Grin

Scam Hole thinks bitcoin is heading for $2000-$3000 this year (http://youtu.be/jFpJ4pGQZKE?t=4m4s)...

I assume Scam has assured all the investors that it'll hit these number soon and they are going to make bank. As it's now February, people might be getting twitchy?

So I'm happy for btc to remain low all year, just so these VC guys implement their "exit strategy" and take kfc to the cleaners Tongue

Come on VC's, time to take these smelly cowboys to the cleaners! Clean up Sweden! Save your investment and flush these cowboys out of existence Tongue

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:47:29 AM

-snip-

KNC is a Swedish company, if you bought the miner as a private person and not as a company there is no way they can claim that the warranty period is just 3 months, its at least a 1 year period(when its not the customer responsibility to show that they have operating the device correctly) and up to a 3 year period in total. If the same error repeats itself after KNC has repaired the device then after the 3rd time the consumer has the right to return the device and get a full reund of the products cost. If KNC dont follow Swedish laws then all affected customers should get together and sue them in court to get what there entitled to.

the class action is partially based from what i understand is KNC's insistence that this equipment was 'experimental" and a biz to biz transaction under Swedish law so the above don't apply ..which comes down to a screw you on the above both for returns in late arrival of the item/pre-order scam and i assume the 3 month warranty issue as well (which i think only is in black and white for 3rd batch stuff titan stuff) also NO warranty on the bonus equipment they shipped really really late ..too boot

the catch for me is Swedish law allows them to side step EU stuff above (again from what I understand) in that by buying this equipment according to KNC we then had to be a business .........so the danger is will Swedish courts reverse their idea or clarify biz to biz in this case or just go with the KNC version (my view anyway I know zip ..just saying) and current Swedish law ..which seems what KNC is betting on in the class action.

thus the class action because knc are assholes with 4 month delay of customers pre-ordered miners to their data halls first (Neptune owners left waiting) and other issues
you can find throughout this thread.

I'm not in the class action but I wish those in it luck....but the above is partially why it is at the class action stage......that and the no need for customers anymore in that
all their 16nm chips are for internal data hall use via their IPO arrangements on such....

other info on this thread can clarify more and in more detail etc and the class action thing below ..I think you have to apply and pay the law firm before july 2015 to
get on board that

www.kncclassaction.com

my 2 satoshi's

KnC doesn't decide who's a private person and who's a company. If you could buy gear from them without proving that you were registered as a company somewhere, then all of KnCs "opinions" and "legalese" is simply ignored by the courts and consumer protection laws apply in full force. It's that simple.

this is knc's position dumb thou it may seem..i completely agree with you ..the knc forums were full of this you are a business hooey...

that is why they have the class action hopefully they will win  their odds are quite good imho

i myself got a 2nd used titan and it roi'd and with LTC and  the btc price etc I'm well into the black now ...so i'm over the hump ..way over even with electric from oct 2013 from my 1st jupiter btc miner till the end of this month and may still have 9 months on these titan(s) so i'm already in the black on equip elec lifetime so far ..no class action risk needed for me imho

I just could not get fired up enough to give the class action lawyer's $1,519 usd and a bond and POTENTIALLY imho ..i say again imho ...lose maybe up to another 5K total with fees if KNC WINS.....don't know enough about swedish law that KNC keeps harping on etc ...I'm out of the hole so not in the class action as a result

so coward that I am... I will take my above way of creeping sideways into the black on my prev 1 year ago pre-order Titan silliness and call it square and move on

but again best of luck to those in the class action who have a tougher choice and not in my easier (and dumb luckier) situation .hopefully yet....anyway

but yeah I never could believe that KNC can get away with this crap in a Swedish court of law......but I'm in the black now...so will watch from the sidelines
this is the group actions main point as well from what I understand. KNC just CAN'T say you are a business to get around EU or other personal protections on or swedish consumer law by saying such

them KNC folk are weird as f*ck imho ....megalomania is rampant imho

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:40:00 AM

this is knc's position dumb thou it may seem..i completely agree with you ..the knc forums were full of this you are a business hooey...

that is why they have the class action hopefully they will win  their odds are quite good imho

i myself got a 2nd used titan and it roi'd and with LTC and  the btc price etc I'm well into the black now ...so i'm over the hump ..way over even with electric from oct 2013 from my 1st jupiter btc miner till the end of this month and may still have 9 months on these titan(s) so i'm already in the black on equip elec lifetime so far ..no class action risk needed for me imho

I just could not get fired up enough to give the class action lawyer's $1,519 usd and a bond and POTENTIALLY imho ..i say again imho ...lose maybe up to another 5K total with fees if KNC WINS.....don't know enough about swedish law that KNC keeps harping on etc ...I'm out of the hole so not in the class action as a result

so coward that I am... I will take my above way of creeping sideways into the black on my prev 1 year ago pre-order Titan silliness and call it square and move on

but again best of luck to those in the class action who have a tougher choice and not in my easier (and dumb luckier) situation .hopefully yet....anyway

but yeah I never could believe that KNC can get away with this crap in a Swedish court of law......but I'm in the black now...so will watch from the sidelines
this is the group actions main point as well from what I understand. KNC just CAN'T say you are a business to get around EU or other personal protections on or swedish consumer law by saying such

It's not even about cowardice. Such a process is a lot of hassle. If you don't have the time or energy it makes sense to just move one. Concentrating on mining bitcoin is much more positive, and may very well be more lucrative in the end. But those who take the plunge have my respect, that's for sure.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:22:20 AM

i myself got a 2nd used titan and it roi'd and with LTC and  the btc price etc I'm well into the black now ...so i'm over the hump ..way over even with electric from oct 2013 from my 1st jupiter btc miner till the end of this month and may still have 9 months on these titan(s) so i'm already in the black on equip elec lifetime so far ..no class action risk needed for me imho

It's not even about cowardice. Such a process is a lot of hassle. If you don't have the time or energy it makes sense to just move one. Concentrating on mining bitcoin is much more positive, and may very well be more lucrative in the end. But those who take the plunge have my respect, that's for sure.

well w/o luck and this 2nd titan that roi'd and of course this price rise....well even w/o the price rise....I probably WOULD HAVE signed up for the knc class action suit..I was that pissed at KNC..but prudence in that I'm in the black and even if LTC price or BTC or other goes down again ..I still likely have 6-9 months on these titan(s) due that I have 2 even after the halving...

so yeah if looking even at these prices now..the good old 2 dead die orig 4 month late titan ...and 2 months late with firmware that did not work for alts or very well for LTC for first 2 months either I likely would have jumped into the class action

but just have had too much drama with all this...5 months ago someone said i could break even on my btc and knc stuff i'd have jumped on it ..so keeping that in mind and in the black and likely to stay there even with a price adjustment down in btc and knc ..best to move on

sometimes a draw is a win..in this case .it is damn lucky to get that with those knc clowns imho

but yeah I hope the class action cleans up I will cheer from the sidelines

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:00:55 AM

Nice video if you understand swedish.

Title: KnC Miner, It smells bad from far away

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.607829/knc-miner-det-luktar-illa-lang-vag

"So they've lost several months of mining while the bitcoin price is going down, of course they are pissed off. "

Let's not forget this "brilliant" prediction last May as to what the price of bitcoin would be in December 2014 Cheesy Grin

Scam Hole thinks bitcoin is heading for $2000-$3000 this year (http://youtu.be/jFpJ4pGQZKE?t=4m4s)...

I assume Scam has assured all the investors that it'll hit these number soon and they are going to make bank. As it's now February, people might be getting twitchy?

So I'm happy for btc to remain low all year, just so these VC guys implement their "exit strategy" and take kfc to the cleaners Tongue

Come on VC's, time to take these smelly cowboys to the cleaners! Clean up Sweden! Save your investment and flush these cowboys out of existence Tongue

They must be keeping the dream alive and have become tolerant to the Hole stench. I truly wonder if the VC money that they robbed was another dumb money ploy to some gullible VCs. I've seen this first hand when I advise my execs against investing in something and they get the gloosy eyed "gotta have it" look and jump right in.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:24:39 AM

Any Titan owners upgrade (my Linux skills are limited) their Titans from the BFGminer 5.1.0 that came with the last ever..it seems KNC 2.00 firmware IMG upgrade?

It seems BFGminer 5.2.0 is out ...just wondering if anyone has upgraded (and or if it matters I guess)

bfgminer page

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer

Also on a side note (doubtful this) anyone even on the side make any improvements or tweaks to the open source v 2.00 firmware on Github?

Again probably not ...but as long as I'm posting on this train of thought...figured I'd ask as well

github files/imgs/source/etc

https://github.com/KnCMiner/titan

anyway if such an upgrade to BFGminer is do'able/practical let us know here ...what the heck maybe I can 'squeak' another 1-2mh out of such a tweak Smiley

sad state of affairs when the firmware/upgrade/etc questions have to be asked on this thread due to KNC's no longer need any customers 'mantra'

ah hell at least the LTC price is up Smiley

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 08:37:36 AM

Any Titan owners upgrade (my Linux skills are limited) their Titans from the BFGminer 5.1.0 that came with the last ever..it seems KNC 2.00 firmware IMG upgrade?

It seems BFGminer 5.2.0 is out ...just wondering if anyone has upgraded (and or if it matters I guess)

bfgminer page

Also on a side note (doubtful this) anyone even on the side make any improvements or tweaks to the open source v 2.00 firmware on Github?

Again probably not ...but as long as I'm posting on this train of thought...figured I'd ask as well

anyway if such an upgrade to BFGminer is do'able/practical let us know here ...what the heck maybe I can 'squeak' another 1-2mh out of such a tweak Smiley

sad state of affairs when the firmware/upgrade/etc questions have to be asked on this thread due to KNC's no longer need any customers 'mantra'

Someone on the forums was sending me a controller and a couple of cubes to make a firmware but they never showed.. If something hits the market I'll buy since I do want to mess with the firmware..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
teslaman

Activity: 65
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:13:08 PM

In case anyone else missed it, BFL closed their forum too in early May. Wait, so KnC actually BFL'd everyone before BFL. Whoa. Tongue Role reversal, KnC is now schooling BFL on how to shaft customers best. Kiss

KnCMiner Firmware - Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune/Titan
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:51:22 PM

Padrino

Any custom
Firmware for titans owners

Please
With overcloked options
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:04:29 AM

bfgminer page

Someone on the forums was sending me a controller and a couple of cubes to make a firmware but they never showed.. If something hits the market I'll buy since I do want to mess with the firmware..

on my above side question on the bfgminer upgrading from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0 ..there should not be any real issue with that right? Has anyone done so?

(not sure why I'm asking I'll never get around to it anyway) but still I can say I at least upgraded the beast beyond KNC's abandonment of the Titans Smiley

ilati

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:46:02 AM

Looking to start a fundraiser for a bounty on bounty source to create an image/firmware for the jupiter/neptune controllers (beagleboard controllers) to operate the Titan miner cubes, which use the rasberry pi B+. This will make it much easier for users to attain a new controller when the Titan controller fails.

https://github.com/xaxax/KNC_Titan_Beagleboard/issues/1
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:45:21 AM

Looking to start a fundraiser for a bounty on bounty source to create an image/firmware for the jupiter/neptune controllers (beagleboard controllers) to operate the Titan miner cubes, which use the rasberry pi B+. This will make it much easier for users to attain a new controller when the Titan controller fails.

would settle for something simpler first like someone just tweaking and modifying the current Titan Firmware (open source) from beyond v2.00

kinda have to walk before you can run don't ya know..but likely both in conjunction would be the way to go ..some issues with your say the hardware part of your BBB black
project at least the current firmware would be getting upgraded....split efforts software guys play with open source firmware code....hardware guys do hardware
when ready to go both camps know their stuff and could mod the beagle bone firmware etc in the hardware config manner with hopefully better firmware as well then 2.00

just saying as long as we are dreaming the big dream here

ilati

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:35:53 AM

would settle for something simpler first like someone just tweaking and modifying the current Titan Firmware (open source) from beyond v2.00

kinda have to walk before you can run don't ya know..but likely both in conjunction would be the way to go ..some issues with your say the hardware part of your BBB black
project at least the current firmware would be getting upgraded....split efforts software guys play with open source firmware code....hardware guys do hardware
when ready to go both camps know their stuff and could mod the beagle bone firmware etc in the hardware config manner with hopefully better firmware as well then 2.00

just saying as long as we are dreaming the big dream

You may not be understanding what my intentions are. This project is meant specifically for individuals who were shipped faulty Titan controllers or have non functioning Titan controllers. These individuals do not wish to experience a lengthy and stubborn RMA process or search for the holy grail (Titan controllers). The Neptune controllers with the Beagle Board Black are much easier to attain (eBay) than a Titan controller with a Rasberry Pi B+. Additionally, replacing the Rasberry Pi B+ does not work. Being able to buy a functioning Neptune controller on eBay would definitely be a simpler solution. How would tweaking the current Titan firmware help this situation? KNC decided to be cheap with their Titan controller boards (due also to supply) and the performance of the miner shows. The BBB might even be a better performing controller.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:01:25 AM

just saying as long as we are dreaming the big dream

You may not be understanding what my intentions are. This project is meant specifically for individuals who were shipped faulty Titan controllers or have non functioning Titan controllers. These individuals do not wish to experience a lengthy and stubborn RMA process or search for the holy grail (Titan controllers). The Neptune controllers with the Beagle Board Black are much easier to attain (eBay) than a Titan controller with a Rasberry Pi B+. Additionally, replacing the Rasberry Pi B+ does not work. Being able to buy a functioning Neptune controller on eBay would definitely be a simpler solution. How would tweaking the current Titan firmware help this situation? KNC decided to be cheap with their Titan controller boards (due also to supply) and the performance of the miner shows. The BBB might even be a better performing controller.

ok I take your point although some titan controllers are repairable with a plug and play raspberry pi B+ 512mb as is (or so knc tech staff told me) in case anyone wants to try that

I see your point however

I wish you well...but have not seen any talk of current Titan raspberry Pi software for firmware upgrading..and in that the source is open on git hub and
such ...a lot more Titans would like to upgrade if possible to better then 2.00 firmware and quite frankly there seems no talk on such ..thus more numbers
in that camp then broken controllers  and making a fix for neptune(s) instead but wtf do I know I ordered a Titan (sigh) Sad...ie to put it blunt neither my hope or your hope seems likely ..not enough number to pull either project/hope off..although hoping proven wrong on this post)

hope we get lucky....but I can't get an answer to if I can upgrade the current BFGminer on the Titan from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0 on this thread....and that imho is a simple NO (you idiot) or Yes (you idiot) reply from someone more in the know on this kinda thing

anyway hoping for a surge in both of these endeavors (I too have an old Jupiter would like to see your project work in I have all the needed parts!)

I don't suppose you have tried an alternative on your Titan board ..ie find someone on here electronics wise that could just provide a service of just plain fixing
them? that also might be an option ..but again also long odds imho

good luck sorry about mixing issues but either one could get off the ground it imho would show some momentum I'd hope for both ideas to stair step up on progress

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 04:18:13 PM

Padrino

Any custom

Please
With overcloked options

I had an offer a few weeks ago to send me a Titan so I could make a custom firmware but it never materialized.. In any case if anyone has one they would offer up for the purchase (I can but depending on the price) let me know..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 10:09:34 PM

Might just be a good time to pick up some unloved cheap Titans !
ilati

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:25:27 PM

Padrino

Any custom

Please
With overcloked options

I had an offer a few weeks ago to send me a Titan so I could make a custom firmware but it never materialized.. In any case if anyone has one they would offer up for the purchase (I can but depending on the price) let me know..

Are you capable of making a firmware for the BBB controller boards to run the Titan miners?
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:01:17 AM

Why litecoin diff

Is going so up??

Did new scyrt miner out?L??L
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:30:31 AM

Why litecoin diff

Is going so up??

Did new scyrt miner out?L??L

Everyone is turning on their OLD scrypt miners they turned off the last 2 months and are mining at an electricity loss (for now)
on the hope that because of the LTC halving the price of LTC will go to say 5 or 6 bucks

anyway my guess  

Pages: « 1 ... 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 [2029] 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: