Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 [2112] 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:01:42 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 10:14:30 AM by Searing

er this is confusing..wtf is KNC supporting their firmware with an upgrade or is this just some clown posting something in the area?

https://github.com/KnCMiner/titan/commits?author=dvitas

Suddenly March 7th 2015 a year later it is 2.0.1 upgrade and now a few days ago 2.0.2?

wtf?

edited (took out speculation ..the above don't amount to much it seems)

Heh just took my NON-coding self and looked at it ..seems it is just a fix for latest bfgminer (assuming I know what I'm looking at) heh Smiley

Well in my NON-coding view...sure does not look like any kinda major commit LOL Smiley

Also heard today from folk that KNC WON their court case...I wonder how much $$$ the losers have to pay now under Swedish Law to KNC for
legal fees and/or a Judgement....sh*t 2016 and KNC still is making money out of thin air on crap they no longer support....again "Evil works" (tm KNC)

whatever figured the above was of some note to this thread

later

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:10:27 PM

er this is confusing..wtf is KNC supporting their firmware with an upgrade or is this just some clown posting something in the area?

Suddenly March 7th 2015 a year later it is 2.0.1 upgrade and now a few days ago 2.0.2?
Hm. Wonder who has the keys to the repository. I'd still be suspicious as heck though. :-)

Is there enough interest to try a full recompile on the latest Rpi and/or BBB at this time? I had to put some things down due to commitments, but I could do some tinkering over the next month if there really is.

Meantime bunch of things to work on, back to the salt mines....
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:39:48 AM

Hm. Wonder who has the keys to the repository. I'd still be suspicious as heck though. :-)

Is there enough interest to try a full recompile on the latest Rpi and/or BBB at this time? I had to put some things down due to commitments, but I could do some tinkering over the next month if there really is.

Others can chime in here...but to me getting any BBB KNC controller EVER MADE (mercury/saturn/jupiter/neptune) to work with Titan Cubes would be huge! (FU KNC)

Then as the equipment gets less profitable at least a guy could part it out 1 cube at a time to the world and the buggers end of life could take on a 'hobby' life

of their own imho......like knc used to say on their forums...underclock your titans for less electric costs .remove 2 cubes (kid you not) and reboot Smiley

As to me I have a pi clone bridge and a Neptune board. I've split up my 10 cubes (some work well others not so much) into 3 setups

for whatever frigging reason the 6 cube (3 cubes per corsair with a couple dead dies maxed out as per before lightfoot's don't run them full out info) is stable as hell

with gen tarkin software no adjustments or reboots just hums...so I leave it alone..18 months for 4 of the cubes 13 months for the other 2 ..its 'magic')

I have two now 2 cube setups on the other 2 controllers....and now have less issues with this ....they are pretty stable

But lumped into 4 on  a controller constant tweaking even with gen tarkin software now very stable

Now that  i have 1 cube with 2 dies at 200 and 2 dies 325 on a cube  and a 2nd cube 325 maxed out  (my coolest temp cube go figure) its stable as heck too

the other 2 cube setup has 1 cube on corsair 1200i that i suspect is fading (only has 1 die working on that cube) and the other full cube 300mh for all max on a 660w seasonic to make a stable 2 cube setup system on that

so the 1 extra controller was well worth the $$$ put in as I mixed and matched this stuff to some kind of equilibrium

as to why I'd think a BBB mod for titans would be great

so.....besides the fact a lot of folk with a BBB controller that would work on the titan could do the above and 'balance' stuff for less flakiness (at least under gen trakins

great software with his adjustments) the option to have a spare controller even in my case to yank 1 cube off what ever stable setup you have to dork with it by

itself or isolate it from taking the rest of whatever sized rig you have down....with my 3 rig setup it would be take the 1 die only cube and other cube make a 3 cube

unit and dork with the 1 problem cube on the side that way.....(again better for a controller just for this use imho)

again imho you'd have a pretty good market for a BBB mod in that there are a hell of a lot more NON titan controllers out there in the masses..a collaboration with

gen tarkin on a firmware port there would probably ..again imho do as well for sales as the firmware he has done for titan controllers alone

not to mention the price of titans would be based on CUBES more and NOT complete rigs so EVERYONE could have a shot at getting some partial titan rig up
thus likely driving price of titan equipment up in the mad scramble to get 1 cube or something on that old jupiter board to mine Smiley

anyway maybe it is too hard to do...but it would be a win/win/win....eventually repairing titan stuff is gonna cost more then it is worth to do...folk will dry up...but a firmware

mod like this would extend this titan equipment quite a bit farther down the road and make a couple of guys some modest cash to boot (hint hint)

anyway the particulars escape me perhaps this is Un-doable....just saying Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:54:15 PM

Anyone upgrading to this firmware, who uses my mod, will have to reinstall my mod. At this point Im not sure if any compatibility issues exist w/ my firmware. I will have to test this out and make a new release if need be. Stay tuned.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:25:08 AM

Well, I tried doing a git clone of the repo and couldnt even compile bfgminer successfully ... ccan wont compile correctly. =(
Maybe Im missing something. Dont know, so cant really test it out. I will worry bout testing when theres actually .bin install upgrade file provided by the author of the updated KNC v2.0.2 firmware.
Till then, average miner wont really be able to upgrade beyond v2.00 anywho.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:31:07 PM

Anyone know what they did change in "their" version?

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
sooraw

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:01:26 PM

here we go. Lets the drama begins - KNC win Cheesy
Not sure why anyone but a half wit would find this funny but yeah. We lost. KNC won. 

I'll say it again for those who have seen this whole shit show unfold and might not actually believe it but, KNC WON.

I haven't read the judgement yet, it came in today and it's in Swedish but my lawyer is going to translate it and send it it over so I'll give you more info, when I get it.

I wasn't in the class action so I can't speak for that but my case was strong based on a number of arguments. Obviously the Judge did not see it that way. The fact that it had to be heard with a number of others may have been to its detriment but I won't know for sure until I read the judgement.  Apparently it's very complicated. I won't go into too much as some may want to appeal, but I'll try to answer any questions I can, within reason.

For me it's never been about the money, I've got enough to be comfortable, I'm just not the type of person to take shit lying down. KNC are crooks and we deserved our day in court, it didn't go our way this time, that's life. As any poker player will tell you I was what you would call "pot committed", I had enough down to make the "all in" worth it. This time it didn't pay off. It's not going to ruin my life, I'm just a little pissed that those assholes got away with it. But I guess the law in Sweden is a bit like the law in Britain:

Steal £200 get a jail sentence
Steal £20 million get a Knighthood

I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of new, unused Titans flooding the market in the next few weeks. As for KNC's lawyers fees. I hope they take litecoin Grin

Bump, have you received the transcripts?
Would be interested to hear a short summary of the trial
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:13:35 AM

Anyone know what they did change in "their" version?

Vegas

kncminer's new version?
The changes are on their github =)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:20:17 AM

here we go. Lets the drama begins - KNC win Cheesy
Not sure why anyone but a half wit would find this funny but yeah. We lost. KNC won. 

I'll say it again for those who have seen this whole shit show unfold and might not actually believe it but, KNC WON.

I haven't read the judgement yet, it came in today and it's in Swedish but my lawyer is going to translate it and send it it over so I'll give you more info, when I get it.

I wasn't in the class action so I can't speak for that but my case was strong based on a number of arguments. Obviously the Judge did not see it that way. The fact that it had to be heard with a number of others may have been to its detriment but I won't know for sure until I read the judgement.  Apparently it's very complicated. I won't go into too much as some may want to appeal, but I'll try to answer any questions I can, within reason.

For me it's never been about the money, I've got enough to be comfortable, I'm just not the type of person to take shit lying down. KNC are crooks and we deserved our day in court, it didn't go our way this time, that's life. As any poker player will tell you I was what you would call "pot committed", I had enough down to make the "all in" worth it. This time it didn't pay off. It's not going to ruin my life, I'm just a little pissed that those assholes got away with it. But I guess the law in Sweden is a bit like the law in Britain:

Steal £200 get a jail sentence
Steal £20 million get a Knighthood

I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of new, unused Titans flooding the market in the next few weeks. As for KNC's lawyers fees. I hope they take litecoin Grin

Bump, have you received the transcripts?
Would be interested to hear a short summary of the trial

Except for the case that was quoted in the previous msgs on this thread...where the guy because he lost his case (a 1.5k to the law firm per KNC unit he tried to get back) and NOW has to pay 37k usd to KNC for their legal fees.....

as to the other claims...as far as I understand..it was grouped together as a class action under Swedish law BUT each individual had to provide info and each case COULD be looked at 1 by 1 or the judge could lump it together.....seems to me from what I've heard so far  the Judge may be going thru each case

so unless you had one of the early rigs of Neptune or Titan that caught on fire...I bet all these other cases lumped into th class action are gonna go KNC's way as well

an in that they will REPLY TO EACH INDIVIDUAL of the outcome of the case thru the class action law firms (already paid the 1.5k per knc unit up front for fees)

well would you get on here....after getting such info from you lawyer ..that you LOST thus down 1.5k to the law firm you had....and probably another 3k paid to KNC
for damages and their legal fees

yeah I'd jump right on here and say....knc just screwed me out above and beyond my original loss another say 4k ......

We may never really know.....all I know now is the thread on the BIG loss reported (also under one of the lawyers from the class action the swedish guy) and that is because
he is likely to appeal

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdigital.di.se%2Fartikel%2Fknc-miner-stams-pa-miljonbelopp&edit-text=&act=url

Anyway the above is 'guessing' on my part remember...but again....perhaps the court is ONLY contacting each knc miner in the class action individually...if they won and what they have to pay the court and knc in fines etc in that they lost

Hopefully we will get public info on all of this ...or someone who gets a notice one way or another will post on here...but hell....if they all lost their respective cases under what KNC always said....''we sell to you..you are a business and not covered by EU or Swedish Consumer Protection"

again we may never really know Sad

qberty

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:56:09 AM

Alllllrighty then. I blew another Titan bridge (of course). I'm going to start up another group buy if anyone needs them or wants them just in-case. I have lowered my price to 0.20 BTC EACH. Again, this will be the last time in a long time that i'm going to make these to work legitimately with the titan controllers. 0.20 BTC will get you 1 bridge with reinforced thicker (than spec.) copper lines. I'm thinking of making 10 again. If anyone wants any, PM me with how many.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:34:16 PM

Alllllrighty then. I blew another Titan bridge (of course). I'm going to start up another group buy if anyone needs them or wants them just in-case. I have lowered my price to 0.20 BTC EACH. Again, this will be the last time in a long time that i'm going to make these to work legitimately with the titan controllers. 0.20 BTC will get you 1 bridge with reinforced thicker (than spec.) copper lines. I'm thinking of making 10 again. If anyone wants any, PM me with how many.
Sorry to hear that. I can fix them but it is a bit of a pain for shipping and all (I use 24g wire wrap wire which is better than the foil, but will still blow if the Rpi shorts). Actually what one *really* should have is a small resistor in line with the power there so that if the Pi shorts it's not a zero ohm circuit across a potentially large amp source.

If your bridgeboard blows out, check your Pi first: I have had Pi's that had shorted CPUs where they threw full 5 volts down into the FPGA and the TPS power chip (blowing both). I have had Pi's with bad CPUs that got hot enough to burn fingers when touched (that sourcing of current will blow up the board). And I have had Pi's with dead shorted charge pumps.

Because we plug these boards into big supplies, all lines should be able to support max current. They don't, and this is the source of a lot of blown out boards. A simple 1 amp removable mini fuse on the board's +5 and +12 inputs would have gone a long way to protecting things. But then again so would a set of optoisolators on the signal lines to the cubes to prevent ground loops and the resultant hilarity. But that would have cost money, and that's a problem as well.....

C
(Just fixed two more bridgeboards, both with bad Pi's)

PS: Say has anyone tried powering a new Pi with the Rpi's onboard USB supply/plug in the event of a blown bridgeboard? That would bypass this bad line, and it *should* come up. Try it and see....
TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:17:37 PM

I ordered a bridgeboard from qberty, that'll give me a spare while lightfoot repairs my bad board (if one ever blows, so far I've been lucky)
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:30:20 PM

Oh yeah, I finished your board, those titans are a wreck, someone else tried to repair them. You can always tell when you see a power supply with the 10 pin connector hovering off the board :-)

Anyway, I'll send that back. Simple little fix actually but a new board at .2 is quite competitive with my repair price so in the future I would say check with that guy first.

C
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:35:12 PM

Son of a BEAR! My reference controller had the FPGA fail!

The screen was frozen at 42mh
The logs from the Pi were:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $
pi@raspberrypi ~ $
The system is going down for reboot NOW!(console) (Sat May  7 10:38:18 2016):

The unit now powers up no display with the flashing light. Meaning TPS is good, FPGA is bad.

Oh well, them's the breaks. However I now can see what causes a controller board to fail. Interesting. Physician heal thyself...

qberty

Activity: 405

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:03:11 PM

Yeah i've actually tried to power a Pi after it blows out a bridge but unfortunately it's not enough to pull through the entire controller. It really needs that molex for some reason. All of my bridges that blew, happened after they blew out all my Pi's first :/ Very not nice.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:44:07 AM

New Pi's right? When the Pi blows it takes out the bridgeboard.

Switched over to my backup controller, Titan is back to hashing. Board has 3 ohms on the FPGA 3.3 volt power supply, indicating the fpga drivers are out. Interesting.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 11:02:24 PM

What model is the KNC Titan OEM rpi ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:23:25 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2016, 08:07:03 AM by Searing

What model is the KNC Titan OEM rpi ?

Raspberry Pi B+ 512mb

edit: again (as far as I know) works with a Titan bridge or Titan Clone bridge (Qberty sells such on bitcointalk) that again any 4/6 port KNC Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune board will work with a titan bridge or qberty titan clone bridge (0.20 btc last I heard) ... and the above Raspberry Pi B+ 512mb and an SD card (I use Sandisk 8gb Class 10's ...about 10 bucks on eBay for a pair of them) and there ya go Smiley

kncminer0315

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:35:05 PM

qberty, can I buy a titan clone bridge from you?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:59:01 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 12:53:31 PM by Searing

Edit:
Some hope this seems to not be the large 100 folk class action, unless they are just going from biggest cases to smallest cases to establish precedent....so maybe some small hope?

Well it is official .......KNC HAS WON THE CLASS ACTION CASEq

here is the Coindesk article Sad

http://www.coindesk.com/swedish-court-rules-against-kncminer-mining-hardware-customers/

As most of us figured. Swedish Law was not going to overturn precedent of anyone selling from Sweden to a Business.

ie there is a reason for that law imho and it was to get around the very very good EU Consumer Protection laws for consumers.

Evil wins again. (KNC the Mondor of the ASIC Universe)

Anyway really feel sorry for the folk that lost and have to not only eat the 1.5k usd per KNC product for there own legal team but from the above 90K usd more to KNC in the judgement.

edit:

Added another thread on this with a POLL. Will be interesting to see if anyone was in the class action from the poll on bitcointalk.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1483331.0

Pages: « 1 ... 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 [2112] 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: