Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 [2129] 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:38:42 AM

Never mind, I see what it is. It's a 24.576mhz crystal, reason being the BBB will output that signal out from the board itself, while the Pi can't do that. So KNC had to create an external frequency base off that crystal.

Interesting. Did you put the crystal in upside-down qberty?

C

Edit: Weirder. Something weird is going on the first couple of pins. Not sure why, but different from the other boards. Odd.

They aren't upside down funny enough. They are identical to my batch 1. My batch ones worked even on faulty Pi's. The batch 2's are the exact same designs with no change except textual (which is far away from any danger).                                                                 

Well still if you had a NDA i assume the China fab folk you had to sign one. Because they MADE
YOUR bridge. So just have lightfoot sign a NDA as a Tech you have to FIX your bridge boards

If the China fab folk did not sign a  NDA then a contracted repair tech would not have to either

To be safe call the KNC bankrupt law firm but if no  NDA China fab folk none sure is not
Needed for lightfoot to fix unless you need one yourself not to copy your work

Again the only questions can be resolved with an email to the previous posted KNC bankruptcy firm

In my previous posts.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2228

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:47:24 AM

Not super comfortable with NDA's. I've been sharing my knowledge here as a matter of course, and I'd hate to not do that. Service to the community. However if people consider the name of a chip used on a board to be restricted information then so be it; I'll continue to go it alone.

Moving on, with the Qberty design the Pi power goes out when I plug the Pi into the Qberty board. That's odd. However if I lay the board down at an angle to the connector so just the first two pins connect it comes on. Which means something is odd in the first 10 pins on the Pi-Qberty board.

More working today. I fixed the bottom pins on that sacrificial board Searing, now I'm going to pull the top pins to see what's up if I can't rig up a quick header.

C
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:00:43 PM

Not super comfortable with NDA's. I've been sharing my knowledge here as a matter of course, and I'd hate to not do that. Service to the community. However if people consider the name of a chip used on a board to be restricted information then so be it; I'll continue to go it alone.

Moving on, with the Qberty design the Pi power goes out when I plug the Pi into the Qberty board. That's odd. However if I lay the board down at an angle to the connector so just the first two pins connect it comes on. Which means something is odd in the first 10 pins on the Pi-Qberty board.

More working today. I fixed the bottom pins on that sacrificial board Searing, now I'm going to pull the top pins to see what's up if I can't rig up a quick header.

C

As to the KNC NDA stuff Qberty should just imho  email the lawyer in previous posts the guy  always replied promptly to our liquidation purchase emails which mainly went along the theme...".er huh are you really really legit and representing KNC or are we gonna get screwed on this wire transfer"....in veiled terms we.....were...MUCH MORE then  a bit paranoid it being KNC and all ..he held our hand nicely) Smiley

thanks for the update ..I did not want to ask ....the KNC stuff is so flakey it could have sent you off into a legitimate rage as a result and you'd have looked for a hammer Smiley

by the by any hope of the full cube that went away just blinking a white light in memorial to its past up to that point full cube hashing?...

the other 2 1 die only boards as well I guess anything up with them?

(now I went and done it ....showed him all the crap he has to work to REVIVE AND LIVE AGAIN...so he is off ranting "I'm an engineer ....not  Jesus damn it!
...jeez..hope he can't find the hammer) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
qberty

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:52:03 PM

C

Yeah the batch 2's are the ones with issues that I just had issues. I think the issue you're experience might be an isolated situation. But you're welcome to try on some more (as I have a couple more laying around).

As to the KNC NDA stuff Qberty should just imho  email the lawyer in previous posts the guy  always replied promptly to our liquidation purchase emails which mainly went along the theme...".er huh are you really really legit and representing KNC or are we gonna get screwed on this wire transfer"....in veiled terms we.....were...MUCH MORE then  a bit paranoid it being KNC and all ..he held our hand nicely) Smiley

thanks for the update ..I did not want to ask ....the KNC stuff is so flakey it could have sent you off into a legitimate rage as a result and you'd have looked for a hammer Smiley

by the by any hope of the full cube that went away just blinking a white light in memorial to its past up to that point full cube hashing?...

the other 2 1 die only boards as well I guess anything up with them?

(now I went and done it ....showed him all the crap he has to work to REVIVE AND LIVE AGAIN...so he is off ranting "I'm an engineer ....not  Jesus damn it!
...jeez..hope he can't find the hammer) Smiley

In my opinion, I think all of KnC's specs should be public after all this, and i'm trying my best here. I'm not a part of KnC and can't even grant NDA's like that. So lightfoot would be out of luck if he were even into getting it. but that's more hoops to jump through than it's worth. I'm working on some things to make it easier for everyone on the software side of Titan customers. I wish I could do something about the neptune customers, they are in the worst position of all.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:22:32 PM

Oh I'm hardly out of luck; I'm just stuck using my brain.

So far two of the Qberty boards shut down the Pi on powerup with nothing else, I'm going to try #3. And I got another mumbler working, and I have isolated the short off pin 4 to 6 only. Still not there, but that does narrow things down somewhat.

Back to work.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:47:52 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 12:15:33 AM by lightfoot

Oh I see what happened. He didn't short the +5 volts to ground. He shorted the +3.3 volts to ground. Which is produced by the Pi on pins 1 and 17. I can tell because the line from 1-17 that goes to two vias is shorted to ground before the first via. It then is supposed to attach up through the second via to the cap for the crystal, then go down to the main controller board (not sure if the main board uses 3.3 sourced by the Pi/BB. That would be odd since they have a perfectly good TMS chip there on the left....) I can see it's still grounded at the bottom of the board, will try seeing if I can figure out which via (or both) is shorted next.

Cutting that trace gives me a pi that will come up on the qberty board. Not going to try to hash with it (the crystal is powered by that 3.3 line, so it needs to be intact somehow) will see if the mainboard provides 3.3 as well. Maybe I can hot wire it.

Oi.

Edit: Found it. 3.3 is needed on main board. Working to re-mediate the error.
qberty

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:11:58 AM

Oh I see what happened. He didn't short the +5 volts to ground. He shorted the +3.3 volts to ground. Which is produced by the Pi on pins 1 and 17. I can tell because the line from 1-17 that goes to two vias is shorted to ground before the first via. It then is supposed to attach up through the second via to the cap for the crystal, then go down to the main controller board (not sure if the main board uses 3.3 sourced by the Pi/BB. That would be odd since they have a perfectly good TMS chip there on the left....) I can see it's still grounded at the bottom of the board, will try seeing if I can figure out which via (or both) is shorted next.

Cutting that trace gives me a pi that will come up on the qberty board. Not going to try to hash with it (the crystal is powered by that 3.3 line, so it needs to be intact somehow) will see if the mainboard provides 3.3 as well. Maybe I can hot wire it.

Oi.

ouu that sounds nice. Let us know. Though keep in mind, the main board does not source up the chain unfortunately.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:15:59 AM

Oi.

ouu that sounds nice. Let us know. Though keep in mind, the main board does not source up the chain unfortunately.
You don't know what is wrong with your board?

C
qberty

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:22:19 AM

Oi.

You don't know what is wrong with your board?

C

No I meant the reference to getting them working without modification. I think if the current design is dealt with, I can move on to getting rid of the need for it in a controller altogether. Can't even modify the size of the PCB without the main board getting in the damn way.

**I'll post some high quality images of my working batch 1's and batch 2's for comparison.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:08:12 AM

You have a working batch 2?

C
TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:24:05 AM

You have a working batch 2?

C

tricky question: depends what the definition of "working" is and what the definition of "is" is
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 02:27:16 AM

Kicking out a link to my post in the goods forum, I sat on the firmware for a few months now thinking I would bundle it and sell it in partnership with GenTarkin, just don't have the time so I put it up for sale since it hasn't been distributed anywhere yet..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1678815.0

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:34:15 AM

Actually 10btc sounds like about what it would cost me in time to hack together the code load on a BBB to a point where anyone could use it. Fair deal.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:25:03 AM

Actually 10btc sounds like about what it would cost me in time to hack together the code load on a BBB to a point where anyone could use it. Fair deal.

Probably too late in the game for that price now imho with Zcash mining taking LTC thunder and the A4's coming out 2nd batch Dec 15th

but hey I'd get what the hell I could for it soonest...maybe 10 BTC is fair...no clue..I don't code.

Most Titans are getting buy 6 to a controller if they need to...but they seem to run better 3 or 4 to a controller

Main reason folk want the titan bridge is to put their problem cubes on a separate controller..for example I sent 1/2 cube worth of hash to lightfoot to try and fix
and my has rate went down less then 10 ...so I figure if gen tarkin is bringing your 5 and 6 cube controllers up and down to tweak

If there were titan boards enough to put your 2 or 3 cubes on their own controller you'd make up the hash

in my case from past up/down with problem cubes between controllers on 4 rigs in my basement 1 6 cube 3 5 cube.....If these 2 problem ones come back and
another one to make 3 was put on there own little controller I'd gain 1 cube back in hash

i have a controller bridge KNC I got used worked so will do that ..but would be nice to have yet another as a spare and to use as a 1 cube test rig

that also is the draw on these 3rd party solutions to the controllers

but again.....if you have a Titan up  you are probably getting by....so not sure of the market anymore for such solutions....just what I've seen on my 'evil' knc 'we want to
brick ourselves if possible" cubes

the Gen Tarkin software keeps them in line..but lots of up/down/running around by the stuff to do so Smiley
 as
anyway I know zip just my 2c of what I've seen on my 90 day wonders that still run as of this month 2 years and 1 week

padrino
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 10:35:57 AM

Probably too late in the game for that price now imho with Zcash mining taking LTC thunder and the A4's coming out 2nd batch Dec 15th

but hey I'd get what the hell I could for it soonest...maybe 10 BTC is fair...no clue..I don't code.

Most Titans are getting buy 6 to a controller if they need to...but they seem to run better 3 or 4 to a controller

Good points all around, will see what happens..

The biggest value is the lack of a bridge board, just take a controller and Beaglebone and you are good to go, I am tossing in all of the controllers I have (I think 8 but need to run another count) plus a Titan cube I held onto so whoever picks it up has a stack to move out with.. I did enough looking at GenTarkin's code to know they can be integrated fairly easily, I missed my window between projects to get it all done so it's here for someone else that may want to press independently, or tag back up with GenTarkin to put them together.

qberty

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:53:49 PM

The biggest value is the lack of a bridge board, just take a controller and Beaglebone and you are good to go, I am tossing in all of the controllers I have (I think 8 but need to run another count) plus a Titan cube I held onto so whoever picks it up has a stack to move out with.. I did enough looking at GenTarkin's code to know they can be integrated fairly easily, I missed my window between projects to get it all done so it's here for someone else that may want to press independently, or tag back up with GenTarkin to put them together.

I'm considering your offer, though 10 BTC is a little high (after conversion rates in my shizzy country). When I can afford it, i'd totally take you up on that if you don't have a buyer yet. I think there's only a small handful of Titan owners that can even make use of it. Maybe an auction would be more relevant?
padrino
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 05:27:23 PM

I'm considering your offer, though 10 BTC is a little high (after conversion rates in my shizzy country). When I can afford it, i'd totally take you up on that if you don't have a buyer yet. I think there's only a small handful of Titan owners that can even make use of it. Maybe an auction would be more relevant?

I thought about an auction but figured this would be better, especially if a few people want to team up and grab it..

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:55:27 AM

Got the board to come up with a Pi, but that crystal is still wrong. I can order a few from Digikey, if I can fix this for .2btc is there any interest?

As for Searing I'm having fun with his boards and a blowtorch.... :-) (just kidding, well sort of, got 2 boards there fully hashing. Progress)
qberty

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 05:10:25 AM

Got the board to come up with a Pi, but that crystal is still wrong. I can order a few from Digikey, if I can fix this for .2btc is there any interest?

As for Searing I'm having fun with his boards and a blowtorch.... :-) (just kidding, well sort of, got 2 boards there fully hashing. Progress)

Fixing the batch 2's for 0.2 btc would be worth it if it were batch one. I sold batch 2 for 0.15 BTC. You might want to price match the fix so batch 2 customers don't feel like they are paying for a whole new board.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:29:19 AM

I contacted digikey ..the rep had no clue..had no luck..maybe they did not have something equiv to what I gave him off the crystal

heard some others were told the wrong part as well

likely you have more electronic chops and can get thru the FUD on this with them..just saying

OUCH ...... .2 btc per board.....(I paid .2btc for this also ....no redress on this those 3 non working 2nd batch qberty boards ...as yet.....) hmmm....

thanks for the 2 boards....still hope you can fix the WAS fully working orig Titan nov 2013 cube that just stopped working and now just ...on whatever you put it on....by itself or with
other cubes it just blinks the white light in a measured manner....and does zip to the board or other breakage....just passive/aggressively blinks the light in an attempt to dive me crazy. Smiley

(frigging Titan cube decided it wanted to be a LIGHTHOUSE for crying out loud...or at least be the device to set the pace of one ....on the light on an off...oddly mesmerizing...shudder) Smiley

Could be worse I guess I could have gotten an A4 Innsilicon that after more then a month FINALLY from what I gather can has stable at 230mh (they claim 280mh) for 1800 bucks plus shipping
that could be ugly.....took 3 months for the Titan to get its firmware stable...and the A4's have a 45 day warranty........man glad I punted on that at least...(maybe I've learned something about
pre-orders...er ...nah..unlikely) Smiley

least i managed to miss that bullet Smiley So worse things then having lightfoot fix stuff I guess

Fixing the batch 2's for 0.2 btc would be worth it if it were batch one. I sold batch 2 for 0.15 BTC. You might want to price match the fix so batch 2 customers don't feel like they are paying for a whole new board.

er... I paid 0.5 BTC for orig qberty board that worked by the by....and 0.2 BTC each for the 3 bridges I got 2nd batch FYI ....that arrived broke and non-working ....that lightfoot is currently destroying ONE in order to see if he can get the other TWO to work.

So unless some redress on this from qberty looking at more then 1 BTC out on all this..probably more on 2nd batch qberty stuff......not a slam......just saying at this time is where I'm at looking at these repairs. Sad

Pages: « 1 ... 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 [2129] 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: