Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 [2131] 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:25:32 PM

I have a titan cube that melted where psu connects...I had it replaced and after that the cube was running fine for about a month( I have two others where I replaced connection and those have been running for 3- 6 months)
at some point system stopped hashing, so I shut down and restarted. now system does not boot up when this one cube is connected.
cube seems to be getting power as fan comes on
I have tried a number of combinations but routine always seems to get hung up at point in boot when really bright led lights up and IP info start flashing on screen....in current scenario screen lights but no text is being output as to status.
when I remove the one cube and boot with the three other cubes everything boots up normal.
any suggestions.?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:36:33 AM

Cube either has shorted CPU lines or blown buffers. Can you check resistance with a meter between each of the pins on the 10 pin connector and ground?
cohnhead

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:15:13 AM

Cube either has shorted CPU lines or blown buffers. Can you check resistance with a meter between each of the pins on the 10 pin connector and ground?
I have digital multi meter I picked up years ago...not really sure how to use it.  Embarrassed

other wise I could always bring to guy who replaced molex pin connector and ask him follow your instruction.

are either of those two problems fixable ? and do you think they be costly?

thanks appreciate help
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:17:51 AM

I have digital multi meter I picked up years ago...not really sure how to use it.  Embarrassed

other wise I could always bring to guy who replaced molex pin connector and ask him follow your instruction.

thanks appreciate help
How did he replace the molex pins? Can you shoot a pic of the front and back?

Pins 1,3,5,7,9 should not have low resistance. If you see low there then the buffers are damaged.
Pins 4 and 6 are the power supply pins for the main chip logic. If either is shorted you're sunk.
Test relative to ground (the top pins on the Molex).
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 11:55:18 PM

While I know approximately zero about the KNC hardware, the very Original Raspberry Pi Model B (512 MB), had a 26 pin GPIO header. The subsequent Model B+ that are shown above has a 40-pin GPIO header. My recollection is that the Pi microcode, NOT the stuff supplied by KNC, had to be changed to support the Model B+ and it's expanded GPIO [pins.

So what king of connector is on the KNC hardware? If it's a 26-pin variety, in which case the microcode that's included within their flash image is likely meant for just the original Model B, and may not support the Model B+ (nor the Pi 2 or Pi3).

My apologies if this obvious to everyone else.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:45:53 AM

It's a B+, but I think their code was developed on a B unit. The earlier B+ units could support the code releases from KNC, but those boot images will not work with RPI3 or (this is what I seem to be running into here) later model B+ because the video chip (which does the IPL loading) is different.

Add that to Rpi changing how SPI devices are enumerated and zero development on the KNC code and you have a bit of a problem.

C
cohnhead

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:07:59 AM

thanks appreciate help
How did he replace the molex pins? Can you shoot a pic of the front and back?

Pins 1,3,5,7,9 should not have low resistance. If you see low there then the buffers are damaged.
Pins 4 and 6 are the power supply pins for the main chip logic. If either is shorted you're sunk.
Test relative to ground (the top pins on the Molex).

molex pins I mean the where the power comes...did I use wrong term.
I bought some replacements on mouser, had a guy at real old time electronics shop take off burnt one and solder in new one.
he was intrigued as to a machine that would generate such heat.... so I gave him a brief primer on blockchain technology and distributed ledgers.
pic maybe dark but here goes

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:17:32 AM

So the connector that plugs into the Raspberry Pi is actually 40-pins?

If so, then they must have developed their flash image on a Model B+. As I recall, MOST of the first 26-pins of the GPIO map directly onto the 40-pin GPIO, but there a couple of small differences that don't matter to many applications.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:31:42 PM

Yes. I think the problem is the later model B+ chips use a new GPU/IPL loader that does not support Wheezy. This is a real bitch.

Question: Does anyone have a blown out bridgeboard that I can buy? I have just about everything working on the qberty boards but I need to move a component on an original BB to check a trace and I don't want to wreck my reference bridgeboard to do it. Will pay .1btc plus shipping.

Meantime more boards repaired, few more brought back to life. Don't run them too hot; don't burn out the plugs.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 06:06:23 AM

Yes. I think the problem is the later model B+ chips use a new GPU/IPL loader that does not support Wheezy. This is a real bitch.

Question: Does anyone have a blown out bridgeboard that I can buy? I have just about everything working on the qberty boards but I need to move a component on an original BB to check a trace and I don't want to wreck my reference bridgeboard to do it. Will pay .1btc plus shipping.

Meantime more boards repaired, few more brought back to life. Don't run them too hot; don't burn out the plugs.

I was paid .5 btc so likely that is not enough. Perhaps if those interested tossed in 20 bucks each
just to know a real clone bridge work around is out there might get you where you need to be

If enough want such or just assurances on future what they have bridge board fixes. ie you get
proper info from such a fund by getting a BB the 20 bucks is kinda an insurance to get you over such a
hump

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:05:34 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 04:16:56 AM by LongAndShort

Happy new year everyone despite our titan failures

I have a new issue where i've taken off the bridge board from the controller board and the connector has come off and loosened others so now the like 5 of the 10 or so pads have detached.

As you know its almost impossible to repair on these bridge boards so i don't mind shooting that to you but i have a beagle bone from a neptune and would love if everyone could focus on actually getting firmware to control the titan to work on a beagle. Because we don't then need a damn bridge board.

Is that possible mate? Seems like it would cut out all of this bridge board mess we all seem to be in.

any custom firmware for titans???

I added support for custom overclocks if a Titan is plugged in, Neptune and Jupiter pickup the padrino firmware overclocks as well.. The big win here is support for running the Titans with a Beaglebone, no RPi and no bridge board required.

You could contact gen tarkin and ask how he licenses his stuff for sale with a code etc locked into the Titan's say BBB etc

then just sell them to folk who get their own BBB imho ..you probably would make enough at the front end ..then chasing the price down on what you need in BTC

on this...as the A4's come out and swamp the scrypt world....ie what I mean is....dropping your price chasing this may not work as well for BTC up front as

just selling the stuff in some manner above NOW for a price you can get for those interested...

quite frankly at the LTC increase in difficulty and the slow slide of all scrypt coins..this could all be kinda  moot by Feb 2017 or March 2017 at this rate of FUD and price.

Anyway ...folk would buy such now and worry about their own BBB to install it on...I'm not sure what kinda interest you will get on this IF complete Titan units

start dumping on the market again at greatly reduced prices due to the above

anyway my view for what it is worth..you SHOULD have tried to get that BBB price last summer you could have got your 10 BTC at that point..now er ..not so much imho Sad

All good points, I ignored it for a long time when it was sitting here working.. Its a long shot but figured I would dump all of those controllers I have left, Titan cube, etc. alongside the package itself and see if anyone, or a small group end up grabbing it.

I'm doing it since I am focused on my GPU miners right now and don'5 want to somed time working with Tarkin on pulling things together, but maybe it will backfire and I just shelve it all for good.. It took maybe 120 hours to get it all sorted out, but it was a good project..

Dammit! Gentarkin have you thought to reach out to this guy/girl? If not and you do think to then keep in mind they want it to be a easy transition.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:20:20 AM

Yeah I can fix that, it requires patience, epoxy glue, 24 gauge wire wrap wire, and .10tc to fix :-)

But I will say if someone can figure out the beaglebone thing that is the right way. I spent a weekend whacking away on it, and got 99% of the way there. Just seems to be a problem in how fucking bfgminer is built because there is knc code, knc-auto code, and knc-titan code and the options just don't seem to work right. I have gotten it to at least see the titan dies, but it flunks loading them which drove me up a c wall.

I know the spi lines and everything else is good (and the new spimux on titans can run neptunes) because I have bfgminer running compiled with neptunes. Something's fucked in the titan code though or one library is stepping on another..

The rest of it is mostly some symbolic links to get waas and the web site to work, but that's not a big deal and I can post my raw notes.

The bridgeboard is also nuts, there are three components on the damn thing and the issue is the crystals I can get just. don't. work. I have no idea in my head why, but I am going to take apart one guy's board to find out. Because another guy managed to kill his bb somehow and we need to fix this.

Want to take a crack at it?

C
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:22:00 AM

Actually 10btc sounds like about what it would cost me in time to hack together the code load on a BBB to a point where anyone could use it. Fair deal.

Probably too late in the game for that price now imho with Zcash mining taking LTC thunder and the A4's coming out 2nd batch Dec 15th

but hey I'd get what the hell I could for it soonest...maybe 10 BTC is fair...no clue..I don't code.

Most Titans are getting buy 6 to a controller if they need to...but they seem to run better 3 or 4 to a controller

Good points all around, will see what happens..

The biggest value is the lack of a bridge board, just take a controller and Beaglebone and you are good to go, I am tossing in all of the controllers I have (I think 8 but need to run another count) plus a Titan cube I held onto so whoever picks it up has a stack to move out with.. I did enough looking at GenTarkin's code to know they can be integrated fairly easily, I missed my window between projects to get it all done so it's here for someone else that may want to press independently, or tag back up with GenTarkin to put them together.

I'm considering your offer, though 10 BTC is a little high (after conversion rates in my shizzy country). When I can afford it, i'd totally take you up on that if you don't have a buyer yet. I think there's only a small handful of Titan owners that can even make use of it. Maybe an auction would be more relevant?

There is a market for this to be developed right? So lets source the 6btc and get it done?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:55:28 AM

Yeah I can fix that, it requires patience, epoxy glue, 24 gauge wire wrap wire, and .10tc to fix :-)

But I will say if someone can figure out the beaglebone thing that is the right way. I spent a weekend whacking away on it, and got 99% of the way there. Just seems to be a problem in how fucking bfgminer is built because there is knc code, knc-auto code, and knc-titan code and the options just don't seem to work right. I have gotten it to at least see the titan dies, but it flunks loading them which drove me up a c wall.

I know the spi lines and everything else is good (and the new spimux on titans can run neptunes) because I have bfgminer running compiled with neptunes. Something's fucked in the titan code though or one library is stepping on another..

The rest of it is mostly some symbolic links to get waas and the web site to work, but that's not a big deal and I can post my raw notes.

The bridgeboard is also nuts, there are three components on the damn thing and the issue is the crystals I can get just. don't. work. I have no idea in my head why, but I am going to take apart one guy's board to find out. Because another guy managed to kill his bb somehow and we need to fix this.

Want to take a crack at it?

C

Yeah i mean if you want the board you can have it, so you can research it. If i ever get my hands on another i will definitely be using epoxy to hold them on better. Such a stupid design.

A mate of mine is jaded i think, he fixes taxi hardware and comes across this type of thing a lot and throws it all out. He cant seem to be able to tell what else is on the bb without pulling it apart of course and says he cbf playing with it.

I would like it fixed but i really think its a better solution to focus on the bbb as you know it can just go right onto the controller board which is a better solution.

In short, i don't mind sending the bb if you really want to explore it more. Personally i don't think its where we should be heading.

What would be even better is a adapter to run this off a pc. In some circumstances of course.

Here is a picture of my bb for reference to my...current issue.

Mukhlas Muzaki

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:22:18 PM

how mining bitcoin with hardware that does not require a huge cost? I know the cost to mine bitcoin with hardware very much.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:06:54 PM

how mining bitcoin with hardware that does not require a huge cost? I know the cost to mine bitcoin with hardware very much.

well i don't know anything that does not require a huge cost ( to earn something that worth the investment ) if somebody can give a proposal to that
i am also interested us i run Solar Panels for power and i have batteries for the night and i can put about 4000W more.

Any proposals?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:32:17 AM

well i don't know anything that does not require a huge cost ( to earn something that worth the investment ) if somebody can give a proposal to that
i am also interested us i run Solar Panels for power and i have batteries for the night and i can put about 4000W more.

Any proposals?

Mining without a huge cost?  Only thing that comes to mind is if you have free power. Then you can snag some of the mining gear that others cannot afford to run any longer.  Usually you can pick that stuff up pretty cheap, but again if you don't have free electricity it is a fast way to go broke feeding an inefficient miner. 

It just isn't an affordable hobby for most people I hate to say it.  If you have a PC with a decent power supply and you are perhaps a gamer you might be able to justify a GPU for gaming that you can keep running at night mining so that it has a dual purpose.  Buy you wouldn't really earn much that way.  So it would then depend on your goals.  Just not much in the way of affordable mining.

Most of us would probably have been better off if we had bought BTC and held it.  Maybe make a little money doing some day trading here and there. 
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:25:56 PM

Any proposals?

Mining without a huge cost?  Only thing that comes to mind is if you have free power. Then you can snag some of the mining gear that others cannot afford to run any longer.  Usually you can pick that stuff up pretty cheap, but again if you don't have free electricity it is a fast way to go broke feeding an inefficient miner.  

It just isn't an affordable hobby for most people I hate to say it.  If you have a PC with a decent power supply and you are perhaps a gamer you might be able to justify a GPU for gaming that you can keep running at night mining so that it has a dual purpose.  Buy you wouldn't really earn much that way.  So it would then depend on your goals.  Just not much in the way of affordable mining.

Most of us would probably have been better off if we had bought BTC and held it.  Maybe make a little money doing some day trading here and there.  

Free power?? S3+ best miner I used,cheap on ebay or here.

Pay for power?? Try video cards to mine altcoins,if you can build your own rigs your good,if not your screwed  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:31:47 AM

i do not count the electricity but i don't want to spend $600 for s3+.....
i found it not reasonable price or cheap either comparing to what will return me after 1 year for example.

Any other proposal?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:12:49 PM

i do not count the electricity but i don't want to spend $600 for s3+.....
i found it not reasonable price or cheap either comparing to what will return me after 1 year for example.

Any other proposal?

Uh,not sure where your buying the S3+ from,but on ebay here in the states they're goin for $70-100.....................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 [2131] 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: