Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:21:06 PM

Just a thought as a newbie looking in, perhaps they don't feel the need to jump through hoops satisfying all the questions on here.

If they do have a product not far off getting rolled out they will sell them as fast as they can produce them, so why waste time answering a never ending grilling on here?

As soon as the first couple of units roll out people on here would be climbing over each other get one anyway.

don't shoot me down, just my observation  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:41:17 PM

A question to kncminer:

If bitcoin price crashed back to single digits and many people abandoned bitcoin, are you still believe in bitcoin and want to make ASIC devices?

I think that current ASIC device manufacturers all have this belief when they started the project one year ago

John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:02:54 PM

GG

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:10:32 PM

Just a thought as a newbie looking in, perhaps they don't feel the need to jump through hoops satisfying all the questions on here.

If they do have a product not far off getting rolled out they will sell them as fast as they can produce them, so why waste time answering a never ending grilling on here?

As soon as the first couple of units roll out people on here would be climbing over each other get one anyway.

Lulz, "jump through hoops"

You call this jumping through hoops?!? : reply to a few questions that any normal company wouldn't have much problem replying to and would be to their advantage to reply if the company was for real.

Though yeah it can take an entire day to post a simple reply and then they'd be able to blame bitcoin talk for not making their deadline ... rather than the fact that it can't be done anyway without, at this stage, already having chips or a prototype.

13 days and counting ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
pizza

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:29:37 PM

Lulz, "jump through hoops"

You call this jumping through hoops?!? : reply to a few questions that any normal company wouldn't have much problem replying to and would be to their advantage to reply if the company was for real.

Though yeah it can take an entire day to post a simple reply and then they'd be able to blame bitcoin talk for not making their deadline ... rather than the fact that it can't be done anyway without, at this stage, already having chips or a prototype.

13 days and counting ...

Yet the difference between a real legit company who doesn't need to reply to every troll, and a BFL who comes on forums and calls people pieces of shit
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:39:27 PM

kncminer maybe answer our questions?

Hi All,

We have been busy which is why you have not heard from us, I will try to answer some quick questions.

First the PayPal vs BTC question.

We will accept both!

Second hardware spec’s

You are all correct we will publish stats on working prototypes with clear and unquestionable evidence (Video/ photograph/youtube/ newspaper reviews/personal checks) that we have working products. We will first publish this to the people who have registered on our site. They and only they (who have registered before publication date) will be given the ability to complete their preorders. Devices will then ship in the weeks after as they are made tested and sent.

For other questions and ones that I have failed to answer form the forum

We have started to add an FAQ to our site. We will build on that with the repeat questions we receive.  If I have not returned a personal response to your question look at our site first If you have a genuine question (we do get quite a few which are very strange) we will do our best to either publish the answer on our FAQ or reply to you directly

Sam

But they dont answer my questions directly on the forums and call me a scumbag. Ohhh noeez they haven't sent me a working hashing unit in the last 10 days of their announcement of being ready in the Summer. SCAMMM
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:52:56 PM

Your completely right. They said when we are ready we will post all the proof and information needed. Yet if you read all the posts until now its the same shit, why dont you send me a unit. How many gh/sec? I wouldnt reply to these dumbass questions either nor would a legit company have time to do so.

You don't see Microsoft or IBM posting and defending themselves every single second.

Hey did you get those chips ready?
BFL_Josh: No i was posting on forums

Last timr i checked Avalon a legit company doesnt fucking respond to every dumb fucking question because unlike butterfly they are building units. I would be scared if a company kept responding.

This thread needs to be closed and left only to KNC to post before it becomes 100 pages long of the same drivvel. Chill out when they put up their hardware then you can start with the scaming.

I'm sure a 12yr old company who makes 1.5M a year, will want to scam 20% of pre order money makes so much sense.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:05:47 PM

I'll tell you what! If it comes to light that ORSoC is truly behind this project, but opted for starting some other entity, namely, KNCMiner, to further development via distancing themselves, then that would not bode well, for it would have been best for ORSoC to come forward and declare their intent at the onset, unless I'm missing something as to why they can't do that.

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.229007/oppen-kallkod-for-kretsar-blir-nasta-linux (translated to English, then I broke up the large paragraph)

The hårdvarukod which is used to determine how a circuit works is becoming increasingly complex. This has led to a desire for open source even in this area, according to Marcus Erlandsson, one of the men behind the open source site OpenCores. - It has no longer afford to self-invent the wheel time and again. It all works just like Linux. Those who outsource their code gets help from all over the world with verification and verifying may use the code. It's a win-win situation, he says. Marcus Erlandsson is technical manager at Swedish ORSoC, a consulting firm that develops electronics. After a year and a half, the company owns OpenCores. - We have been working towards this site since it started in 1999. When the founders wanted to hand over to a company that had the right mindset, that is open source, we had the honor to buy the site of them.

How do you earn money with it?

- We have two hats. First, we use projects on the Open Core and picks code from them, and we run the Open Core for it to become the hardware equivalent of Linux. We have also opened OpenCores too little advertising, but it is marginal. Marcus Erlandsson believes that the fair value of the site for ORSoC located in the pr company gets. - Everyone in this area knows that we own the site and are experts in this technology . We are contacted by the world's largest companies, and that's pretty special for a small Swedish company.
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:14:15 PM

I'll tell you what! If it comes to light that ORSoC is truly behind this project, but opted for starting some other entity, namely, KNCMiner, to further development via distancing themselves, then that would not bode well, for it would have been best for ORSoC to come forward and declare their intent at the onset, unless I'm missing something as to why they can't do that.

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.229007/oppen-kallkod-for-kretsar-blir-nasta-linux (translated to English, then I broke up the large paragraph)

The hårdvarukod which is used to determine how a circuit works is becoming increasingly complex. This has led to a desire for open source even in this area, according to Marcus Erlandsson, one of the men behind the open source site OpenCores. - It has no longer afford to self-invent the wheel time and again. It all works just like Linux. Those who outsource their code gets help from all over the world with verification and verifying may use the code. It's a win-win situation, he says. Marcus Erlandsson is technical manager at Swedish ORSoC, a consulting firm that develops electronics. After a year and a half, the company owns OpenCores. - We have been working towards this site since it started in 1999. When the founders wanted to hand over to a company that had the right mindset, that is open source, we had the honor to buy the site of them.

- We have two hats. First, we use projects on the Open Core and picks code from them, and we run the Open Core for it to become the hardware equivalent of Linux. We have also opened OpenCores too little advertising, but it is marginal. Marcus Erlandsson believes that the fair value of the site for ORSoC located in the pr company gets. - Everyone in this area knows that we own the site and are experts in this technology . We are contacted by the world's largest companies, and that's pretty special for a small Swedish company.

Companies do it all the time. Like kfc taco bell ect all owned by yum brands. Maybe if they fail their brand won't be tarnished, but failing doesnt mean scam, such as Basic refunding people. All and all this is wild speculation, someone can contsct OR and ask if they have any ownership stake or how the partnership came to be.

Until then i would just wait for more info
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:24:18 PM

Why don't you just look at the LinkedIn profiles of who's working at ORSoC and for the people behind KNCMiner, before posting nonsense like this?
Do you seriously believe that a company of that size would risk everything, just to earn some extra pennies on a few thousands bitcoin rigs?

It's all just wild speculations without any plausible or reasonable thought behind it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:37:23 PM

Companies do it all the time. Like kfc taco bell ect all owned by yum brands. Maybe if they fail their brand won't be tarnished, but failing doesnt mean scam, such as Basic refunding people. All and all this is wild speculation, someone can contsct OR and ask if they have any ownership stake or how the partnership came to be.

Are you calling my theory wild speculations.

https://twitter.com/m_erlandsson

Check out his posts and who he follows. Been involved with Bitcoin since 2010.

Ironically, the first person he followed was...wait for it...Gavin Andresen.

Why don't you just look at the LinkedIn profiles of who's working at ORSoC and for the people behind KNCMiner, before posting nonsense like this?
Do you seriously believe that a company of that size would risk everything, just to earn some extra pennies on a few thousands bitcoin rigs?

It's all just wild speculations without any plausible or reasonable thought behind it.

Just did what you suggest, hence the above.
John Self

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:37:45 PM

Let's see, 3000x 500 = 1,500,000
1500x 500 = 750,000
150000+750000= 2,250,000

Even if the sellers took half of net, that is a lot of fucking money they'd get in the space of a month. Once you have their money, you can just say (rightly) that you have set unrealistic targets and ship your first 1000 over the course of a year or however long it takes, BFL have proven you don't have to meet your targets to survive here because there will always be enough noobs with Stockholm syndrome holding out for that pot o'gold at the end of the mining rainbow. It's called the gambler's fallacy.

pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:51:29 PM

1500x 500 = 750,000
150000+750000= 2,250,000

Even if the sellers took half of net, that is a lot of fucking money they'd get in the space of a month. Once you have their money, you can just say (rightly) that you have set unrealistic targets and ship your first 1000 over the course of a year or however long it takes, BFL have proven you don't have to meet your targets to survive here because there will always be enough noobs with Stockholm syndrome holding out for that pot o'gold at the end of the mining rainbow. It's called the gambler's fallacy.

Majority of people will pay with paypal and ask for refunds before 45 days. So i dont think a company making 1.5M a year is going to risk their company and jail time for 200-400k.

And there's nothing wrong if they know eachother, a company doesn't have to advertise that we are friends. How do you think business partnerships and deals happen all the time through friends. Like all the google ex employees starting companies and partnering with google or selling back to them. Again theres absolutely no reason to make public their private or business relationships with one another.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:02:50 PM

I guess companies change their contact information all the time, too.

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=opencores.org

Answer records
opencores.org      NS    dns2.se   600s
opencores.org      MX   
preference:   0
exchange:   mail.opencores.org
600s
opencores.org      A   92.43.36.68   600s
opencores.org      SOA   
server:   dns1.se
email:   hostmaster@opencores.org
serial:   1364907033
refresh:   10800
retry:   3600
expire:   604800
minimum ttl:   600
600s
opencores.org      NS    dns1.se   600s

From March 28, 2013: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:q7rCnJI1E_QJ:network-tools.com/default.asp%3Fprog%3Dexpress%26host%3Dopencores.org+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Answer records
opencores.org      SOA   
server:   dns1.se
email:   marcus@erlandsson.gmail.com
serial:   2011091501
refresh:   28800
retry:   7200
expire:   604800
minimum ttl:   600
600s
opencores.org      A   92.43.36.68   600s
opencores.org      MX   
preference:   0
exchange:   mail.opencores.org
600s
opencores.org      NS    dns1.se   600s
opencores.org      NS    dns2.se   600s

Looks to me like more time is spent on covering tracks than in developing ASICs.
John Self

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:13:20 PM

1500x 500 = 750,000
150000+750000= 2,250,000

Majority of people will pay with paypal and ask for refunds before 45 days. So i dont think a company making 1.5M a year is going to risk their company and jail time for 200-400k.

And there's nothing wrong if they know eachother, a company doesn't have to advertise that we are friends. How do you think business partnerships and deals happen all the time through friends. Like all the google ex employees starting companies and partnering with google or selling back to them. Again theres absolutely no reason to make public their private or business relationships with one another.

Trololol. Phinnaeus Gage has already shown that the orsoc guys and whoever runs this sockpuppet have known each other long before this "business" was set up in a room above a restaurant, not far from the orsoc office.

The type of people who would throw their money at a stupid venture like this are already balls deep in BFL, and a little wiser for their experience, whilst the ones who want to gamble on miners can see where the difficulty is going and will find the new asics that actually work and have semi-reliable shipping dates are a huge financial risk as it is. This project is going to die, you were stupid to even try, now go get a real job.

chipd

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:21:49 PM

Are you calling my theory wild speculations.

https://twitter.com/m_erlandsson

Check out his posts and who he follows. Been involved with Bitcoin since 2010.

Ironically, the first person he followed was...wait for it...Gavin Andresen.

Yes, they are wild speculations... at best.
I've been involved in bitcoin since 2011... does that mean that my company with 300 employees is on a secret mission to rip of customers, going downtown to find some puppets that I can setup to take the fall, does that sound reasonable to you?

More and more people get involved in bitcoin from all the buzz from the media, including companies. It's inevitable that people from different companies will know each other, as well as partnering because they have experience that the other doesn't. Remember that Sweden is relatively small, 4.5 mill working force... not that much.

Also, the companies in Sweden don't have the power to run the politicians like they do in US and we aren't that big on conspiracies either (It's a cultural thing).
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:24:21 PM

Since when is changing an email address a scam? I have 0 money in BFL, this company has not taken anyones money yet. When they do pay with paypal and get a refund in 45days if they dont deliver simple. You guys need to stop jumping to conclusions until they post some info lol
chipd

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:26:09 PM

Trololol. Phinnaeus Gage has already shown that the orsoc guys and whoever runs this sockpuppet have known each other long before this "business" was set up in a room above a restaurant, not far from the orsoc office.

He haven't shown anything.
The "room" is a company hotel. Their real office is most likely in their basement at home... which you would already know if you had care to read through the thread.

I know a lot of people in different companies. Does that mean that if two of the would ever form an alliance, that it's because of me then?
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:28:05 PM

Gage with all the research you have done on them, I would of ran to their office and gave them my money already. No sweet ikea blonde boy take my money before pre orders.

But...
Shhh, dont say a word
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:29:23 PM

He haven't shown anything.
The "room" is a company hotel. Their real office is most likely in their basement at home... which you would already know if you had care to read through the thread.

I know a lot of people in different companies. Does that mean that if two of the would ever form an alliance, that it's because of me then?

Everything Gage has shown has all been positives for me lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: