Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:41:26 PM

And yet they are still profitable. Best run for miner hw i have seen.

You DO know that the KnC Titan miners have been out of production for a few years and KnC itself imploded right?

I can say the same thing about my Innosilicon A2 miners, and have the added upside that they didn't have severe issues with "mining cores dying" like the Titan did, nor worries about overstressed OUT OF SPEC usage of the power connectors that sometimes led to major failures and rare fires....

Titans DID a offer a little better efficiency - WHEN they worked.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:54:52 PM

i try again and again but it works not.
This is my  manual conf in the KNC titan : http://192.x.x.x with my username and the password who are in mine conf wallet of the altcoin. With cgminer on my computer it works, no problem i can solo mine but bfgminer of the ASIC don't run. I forget probably something in the manual conf but what ?  If someone solomine with this asic, could you watch me your config ? Thanks and sorry because it's probably nothing but i don' t now what...
You're using :8332 on that URL, right? As I said, I'll take a look at this next week when I get back from DefCon, not too interested in logging into my central network systems from a very compromised city....

C

Why 8332 ?i am using the rpcport of the conf wallet. it's not the same with different altcoin.
Ok i will waiting no ptoblem and thanks for your help !

you cant solomine w/ asics straight to your wallet ... most wallets dont support stratum natively, only getwork

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:13:04 AM

This is my  manual conf in the KNC titan : http://192.x.x.x with my username and the password who are in mine conf wallet of the altcoin. With cgminer on my computer it works, no problem i can solo mine but bfgminer of the ASIC don't run. I forget probably something in the manual conf but what ?  If someone solomine with this asic, could you watch me your config ? Thanks and sorry because it's probably nothing but i don' t now what...
You're using :8332 on that URL, right? As I said, I'll take a look at this next week when I get back from DefCon, not too interested in logging into my central network systems from a very compromised city....

C

When you do test it, i suggest you to test it on a dead coin that will show you getting blocks.

Have fun out there, wish i could come see your talks. Smiley
nanotec

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:07:26 AM

C

When you do test it, i suggest you to test it on a dead coin that will show you getting blocks.

Have fun out there, wish i could come see your talks. Smiley

yes, i do that for testing but in fact Gen Tarkin said that we can't solomine with the asic because some wallets dont support stratum.  Cry. I never solo mine with my KNC Titan...

Thanks
nanotec

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:16:54 AM

C

Why 8332 ?i am using the rpcport of the conf wallet. it's not the same with different altcoin.
Ok i will waiting no ptoblem and thanks for your help !

you cant solomine w/ asics straight to your wallet ... most wallets dont support stratum natively, only getwork

Hi,

Ok.  Cry . It' so cool to solomine...

Thanks for your answer.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:18:05 AM

Well Ive managed to brick one cube and another die on another cube just to be sure .... by running one simple command =(

Dont ever run "i2cdump -y CHANNEL 0x10-0x17"     

Ive managed to put my DCDC's in braindead mode or worse ... fry the ASIC... Im still trying to figure out if the damage done is reversable =*(

If anyone else has ran into this and know the fix.... please share =)

Maybe my next firmware will have this "feature" lol jk =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:03:58 PM

Well Ive managed to brick one cube and another die on another cube just to be sure .... by running one simple command =(

Ive managed to put my DCDC's in braindead mode or worse ... fry the ASIC... Im still trying to figure out if the damage done is reversable =*(

try "i2cdump -y CHANNEL 0x10-0x17 -undo"

seriously though, unplug it, leave it sit for a day or 2 then try again  -- silly Titans, this actually works quite often
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:37:22 PM

try "i2cdump -y CHANNEL 0x10-0x17 -undo"

seriously though, unplug it, leave it sit for a day or 2 then try again  -- silly Titans, this actually works quite often

haha nice one =P ... nope already tried that. Something about running that command alters the configuration of the DCDC's in a way that makes them not work anymore OR worse... kills the die =( .... Im currently working w/ ericsson to see if theres any key configuration of the DCDCs that may have been wiped out somehow that perhaps can be restored and get them working again.
They told me about a PMBus-USB adapter that can be used w/ their free software suite to see the configuration of the DCDC's on a board .... but ... .cant seem to find their adapter anywhere.. I wonder if such adapter is universal or product specific... no idea.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:43:53 AM

yes, i do that for testing but in fact Gen Tarkin said that we can't solomine with the asic because some wallets dont support stratum.  Cry. I never solo mine with my KNC Titan...

Thanks

Might be a limitation of the KNC software to not allow getwork, but the Innosilicon A2 units CAN be used to solo mine with via getwork so it's not an inherent "ASIC" limitation.

You COULD also run a "stratum" proxy to work around the lack of wallet support for stratum, I would think.

I wouldn't try it on Litecoin though - way too long to even have a PRAYER at mining a block solo with the current network hashrate.
 Try something smaller like DGB or GAME might work, but those have also had their network hashrate grow a LOT over the last 3 months or so.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:45:40 AM

Well, good news ....
After about a thousand or so i2cget commands and referring to Ericsson docs and to the other working cubes and issuing a hundred or so i2cset commands ... I was able to get all the non working DCDC's up and running again. The dies are hashing away fine once again =)
KNC definitely has some custom configuration of each DCDC going on =-P

I wonder if any registers can be tweaked in the DCDC's for further power effeciency .. I mean these things have hundreds of configurable settings lol! its nuts.

TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:53:57 AM

Well, good news ....
After about a thousand or so i2cget commands and referring to Ericsson docs and to the other working cubes and issuing a hundred or so i2cset commands ... I was able to get all the non working DCDC's up and running again. The dies are hashing away fine once again =)

I wonder if any registers can be tweaked in the DCDC's for further power effeciency .. I mean these things have hundreds of configurable settings lol! its nuts.

nice job, but I think maybe we need to get you working on some newer tech
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:56:21 AM

Well, good news ....

nice job, but I think maybe we need to get you working on some newer tech

haha, well I do have an L3+ headin my way late september. Im sure by then it will be worthless but w/e ... maybe  Ill poke around on it =-)

nanotec

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:31:18 PM

Thanks

Might be a limitation of the KNC software to not allow getwork, but the Innosilicon A2 units CAN be used to solo mine with via getwork so it's not an inherent "ASIC" limitation.

You COULD also run a "stratum" proxy to work around the lack of wallet support for stratum, I would think.

I wouldn't try it on Litecoin though - way too long to even have a PRAYER at mining a block solo with the current network hashrate.
 Try something smaller like DGB or GAME might work, but those have also had their network hashrate grow a LOT over the last 3 months or so.

Sorry for the late answer.
Ok. In fact you say that the asic can solo mine but i must run a stratum proxy. But i don't know how to do that. Of course i would try with a small altcoin. Can you explain me how to run a stratum proxy ? Could you try to solomine ? I hope again  Wink  the Knc Titan is a very good asic. Thanks
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:32:18 AM

Thanks

Sorry for the late answer.
Ok. In fact you say that the asic can solo mine but i must run a stratum proxy. But i don't know how to do that. Of course i would try with a small altcoin. Can you explain me how to run a stratum proxy ? Could you try to solomine ? I hope again  Wink  the Knc Titan is a very good asic. Thanks

A stratum proxy is generally for mining equipment that mines using getwork but you send that to a stratum proxy which then sends the work to a stratum pool .... not the other way around.
Meaning a stratum proxy is NOT for converting a stratum miner to getwork for wallet software.
To solomine u would effectively have to set up your own private stratum pool.
Or mine at a pool that simply offers solo mining payout scheme.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:42:33 PM

BTW, if anyone is curious ....

This PSU:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply-for-Two-x2-Antminer-L3-with-Complete-PCI-e-Wiring-Installed/182298369039?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Is working freaking AWESOME so far and seems its effeciency is around 92-94% w/ 4 Cube Titan
~It seems to be neither loud nor hot =)

This adapter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8V-to-20V-DC-INPUT-5V-DC-output-DC-to-DC-converter-step-down-tran/262817003373?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Is working great for powering the control board + rpi

So, yeah great combo if anyones PSU dies or anything and want a far less expensive alternative to $500 1600W desktop PSU =P

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:44:56 AM

Tarkin, something to be aware of: I think each supply is programmed slightly differently to take advantage of a master clock signal. The supplies beat at 180 degrees out of phase with each other, which is why you can't swap a top and bottom supply in a pair for a die. However I think each supply actually beats off an 8 phase clock. In other words:

First pair beats 0,180
Second pair beats 45,225
Third pair beats 90,270
Fourth pair beats 135,225

Result is the board runs like a friggin 8 phase power supply. No wonder the filter caps are small.

But it means each supply is programmed to be what it is based on it's position on the board. very clever.

C
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:47:50 AM

Tarkin, something to be aware of: I think each supply is programmed slightly differently to take advantage of a master clock signal. The supplies beat at 180 degrees out of phase with each other, which is why you can't swap a top and bottom supply in a pair for a die. However I think each supply actually beats off an 8 phase clock. In other words:

First pair beats 0,180
Second pair beats 45,225
Third pair beats 90,270

Result is the board runs like a friggin 8 phase power supply. No wonder the filter caps are small.

But it means each supply is programmed to be what it is based on it's position on the board. very clever.

C
Im pretty sure you are correct. From what Ericsson told me, each pair of DCDC's is configured as its own common current group, which I can see evidence of in certain registers of each DCDC. Also, it seems they use interleaving for each of the 4 groups, the interleaving w/ the combined common setting of automatic phase control in each group ... I think gives it the unique phases per board =)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:47:46 AM

First pair beats 0,180
Second pair beats 45,225
Third pair beats 90,270

C
Im pretty sure you are correct. From what Ericsson told me, each pair of DCDC's is configured as its own common current group, which I can see evidence of in certain registers of each DCDC. Also, it seems they use interleaving for each of the 4 groups, the interleaving w/ the combined common setting of automatic phase control in each group ... I think gives it the unique phases per board =)

Does any of this help the 'magic' gen tarkin firmware from going in and doing some kinda diagnostic ..to get dead dies back in some manner (or say comes back with a list
of recommended settings to attempt)

long shot here...but I'm 'barely' following the conversation..so maybe all this work you are doing on this...that the above idea is 'implied' and I'm too far behind the curve

on the tech speak to realize this Smiley

as an aside

you and lightfoot really need to get out more....find some new asics to toy with...contact bitmain or something ...god knows enough of the stuff could use some tweaks

or how to fix ..that you guys know how to do..if given the proper specs and motivations

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:51:18 AM

First pair beats 0,180
Second pair beats 45,225
Third pair beats 90,270

C

Does any of this help the 'magic' gen tarkin firmware from going in and doing some kinda diagnostic ..to get dead dies back in some manner (or say comes back with a list

long shot here...but I'm 'barely' following the conversation..so maybe all this work you are doing on this...that the above idea is 'implied' and I'm too far behind the curve

on the tech speak to realize this Smiley

as an aside

you and lightfoot really need to get out more....find some new asics to toy with...contact bitmain or something ...god knows enough of the stuff could use some tweaks

or how to fix ..that you guys know how to do..if given the proper specs and motivations

I dont think theres much more tweaking that can be done to Titan, aside from switching speed to 200khz to shave another few watts off the meter. But, at this point in Titan's life cycle ... it may be a moot point to write all the code to implement the changes so its easy for end users =/ time will tell tho. I still got my Titan =)  ... Ill be getting an L3+ in late september and Ill dig around in the firmware see if anything can stand to be optimized.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:31:41 AM

At this point, the only thing I can't fix is boards with a specific type of hard-shorted hashing die caused by major voltage spikes or way too much heat. Everything else (blown supplies, shorted 12v rails, blown drivers (a lot of these), blown fpga's, blown power controllers, dead crystals, etc) can be fixed.

you and lightfoot really need to get out more....find some new asics to toy with...contact bitmain or something ...god knows enough of the stuff could use some tweaks or how to fix ..that you guys know how to do..if given the proper specs and motivations

Hm.....

I've thought about that. I have worked on Bitmain's S7/S9 series, Avalon A6/A7's, Bakali's, and even some MAT systems in addition to KNC. Vendors don't seem to want to talk (I don't know, maybe liability, maybe trade secrets, maybe because I publish what I find to help others on this forum) but if a vendor wanted me to help them I'd be happy to do so. As long as it's with the understanding that my goal is to help miners mine, and if that includes telling miners to slow down their systems, watch out for these issues, etc so be it.

Otherwise I can reverse-engineer enough to figure out pretty much any problem on my own (as evidenced by my fixing all these kinds of systems). Takes time, but keeps me out of trouble so to speak, and to be honest it's an intellectual challenge.... :-)

C

Pages: « 1 ... 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: