Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:56:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
boosti

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:29:09 PM

Hi GenTarkin

I loaded today your firmware and started the energy save mode but somehow the first step don't finish.

I get the following message like three times in 5h:
http://up.picr.de/30251662kw.jpg

After the last time the miner didnt load anymore the settings, just came this picture:

http://up.picr.de/30251672kk.jpg

I shows me BFG Miner 5.0.0 and I recognized in some of your pictures on the webpage I visible 5.1.0.  Is there a newer update available I might should try?

Thanks for your help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:12:33 PM

Hi GenTarkin

I loaded today your firmware and started the energy save mode but somehow the first step don't finish.

I get the following message like three times in 5h:

After the last time the miner didnt load anymore the settings, just came this picture:

I shows me BFG Miner 5.0.0 and I recognized in some of your pictures on the webpage I visible 5.1.0.  Is there a newer update available I might should try?

Thanks for your help

Looks to me like your Titan image is borked .... BFGMiner being version 5.0.0 tells me you probably loaded my firmware upgrade on KNC firmware older than 2.00 ... my firmware is only officially tested and working on that version or 2.02

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
boosti

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:20:37 AM

Thanks man it workes fine now, I totally missed the information to update from 2x, I did from a 1.9x KNC firmware. Now all is running smoothly Smiley
pacnw

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:45:46 AM

I'm confused what state I'm at in the process. My Titan has been running flawlessly since 2014 getting app 350 Mh/s with the stock settings of 325 MHz and -.0366 V but has always run hot. I never saw any real benefit to running the GenTarkin firmware but after recently adding an L3+ to my home mining, I thought I try the GenTarkin firmware Energy Saver feature in an attempt to get some heat out of my environment. I started the Energy Saver and it immediately made some changes including turning off dies with temps over the 90 degree threshold (e.g.: Dies currently throttled due to DCDC over temp threshold) and reducing a few to 300 MHz

Based on a reading of the documentation, I was expecting nothing to happen immediately since it says:

When energy saver is turned on. Stage 1 of 3 begins: It will restart bfgminer, have an initial 1.5hr cooldown then the first voltage adjustments will be made. All enabled die voltages will be lowered a single “notch”.

I didn't experience a 1.5 hr cooldown before adjustments were made but experienced immediate adjustments.

Also, the Energy Saver immediately went into an "IDLE" state which I interpret as nothing happening based on Status – IDLE – when no tuning is in progress from the documentation

Is something taking place? If not, how do I leave the IDLE state and restart the Energy Saver process?

Thanks
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2228

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:35:15 AM

I don't know, but running the DC-DC's at 90c is the best way to get a unit ready for shipment to me :-) High temps like that can cause the gates to short, resulting in an instant shorted cube with possibly a short to the SCL lines as well.

Not too bad to fix, but run the cubes with die temps under 45c and supply temps under 80 and they will live long and happy little lives.

Meantime I have been working on antminers, S7's and S9's have pretty much given up their key secrets, now just need to play with an A4....

C
pacnw

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:34:42 AM

I think what might have happened is that when I moved the miners for the first time in about 1.5 years the other day and blew out the huge amount of dust inside of them, I might have removed the insulating factor provided by the dust. The cubes have always run hot in the 3 years of flawless - no maintenance - operation  up to this point in time, but they seemed to be running hotter lately so that's why I ran the GenTarkin firmware which currently seems to be doing nothing/is idle and about which I'm unclear as to next steps. I might just end up restarting.

Based on past reading, your quite deep into these units. Do you have any how-to info about opening - and being able to reclose - the cubes and any info about the thermal paste application process? It looks like rivets to me that would have to be cut.

Thanks
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:43:38 AM

I think what might have happened is that when I moved the miners for the first time in about 1.5 years the other day and blew out the huge amount of dust inside of them, I might have removed the insulating factor provided by the dust. The cubes have always run hot in the 3 years of flawless - no maintenance - operation  up to this point in time, but they seemed to be running hotter lately so that's why I ran the GenTarkin firmware which currently seems to be doing nothing/is idle and about which I'm unclear as to next steps. I might just end up restarting.

Based on past reading, your quite deep into these units. Do you have any how-to info about opening - and being able to reclose - the cubes and any info about the thermal paste application process? It looks like rivets to me that would have to be cut.

Thanks
Nope. Those are 10 or 15 sized torx bolts. The thermal paste is only for the main core chip. Swapping it won't help the DC-DC's.

Just run them at 250mhz per die on 4 die units and 300mhz on 3 die units. Solid 65mh will also keep the power plugs from melting.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:03:02 AM

I'm confused what state I'm at in the process. My Titan has been running flawlessly since 2014 getting app 350 Mh/s with the stock settings of 325 MHz and -.0366 V but has always run hot. I never saw any real benefit to running the GenTarkin firmware but after recently adding an L3+ to my home mining, I thought I try the GenTarkin firmware Energy Saver feature in an attempt to get some heat out of my environment. I started the Energy Saver and it immediately made some changes including turning off dies with temps over the 90 degree threshold (e.g.: Dies currently throttled due to DCDC over temp threshold) and reducing a few to 300 MHz

Based on a reading of the documentation, I was expecting nothing to happen immediately since it says:

When energy saver is turned on. Stage 1 of 3 begins: It will restart bfgminer, have an initial 1.5hr cooldown then the first voltage adjustments will be made. All enabled die voltages will be lowered a single “notch”.

I didn't experience a 1.5 hr cooldown before adjustments were made but experienced immediate adjustments.

Also, the Energy Saver immediately went into an "IDLE" state which I interpret as nothing happening based on Status – IDLE – when no tuning is in progress from the documentation

Is something taking place? If not, how do I leave the IDLE state and restart the Energy Saver process?

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion, The documentation on "energy saver" states this as well:
"Is there anything I should do prior to enabling “Energy Saver”?
To get the quickest and most reliable results: Please turn off dies which are very unstable or problematic. Please set dies listed in auto-byass state to “OFF” and clear the bypass list. Please ensure that NO dies are in a throttled state."

So, those dies which were throttled at the onset of your "ENABLE ENERGY SAVER" .... probably caused some weird behaviour w/ the dies that were throttled.

I would recommend ... doing as the documentation says. If ur running 90C on the DCDC temps .... thats quite a risk, you can adjust the maximum DCDC threshold up higher if you want to start energy saver reliably ... but I dont recommend it at your temps at all.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 01:52:09 PM

Hello. Probably stupid question, but, I will try anyway:

What to do with my old Jupiter ASIC miner? Is it just a trash now or I can use it for something?

PS: (To heat the house in winter - I know Wink ).

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:19:17 PM

Offer the controller board for sale on Ebay or something. With my Lightfoot code it can run Titans.

(Just a data point: I think I got one donation for writing/promoting that code. Fixed a lot of people who had Pi's blow up, just noted)
pacnw

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:54:13 PM

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion, The documentation on "energy saver" states this as well:
"Is there anything I should do prior to enabling “Energy Saver”?
To get the quickest and most reliable results: Please turn off dies which are very unstable or problematic. Please set dies listed in auto-byass state to “OFF” and clear the bypass list. Please ensure that NO dies are in a throttled state."

So, those dies which were throttled at the onset of your "ENABLE ENERGY SAVER" .... probably caused some weird behaviour w/ the dies that were throttled.

I would recommend ... doing as the documentation says. If ur running 90C on the DCDC temps .... thats quite a risk, you can adjust the maximum DCDC threshold up higher if you want to start energy saver reliably ... but I dont recommend it at your temps at all.

To get out of the idle state, I manually set the Mhz rate on all dies to 300 MHz and Applied changes. After applying the changes the Energy Saver start button became active and I started/restarted the Energy Saver. Stage 1 was chugging along last night and Stage 2 was running when I checked this morning. It appears all is good. Thanks for the replies

SupremeGoose

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:29:19 AM

Offer the controller board for sale on Ebay or something. With my Lightfoot code it can run Titans.

(Just a data point: I think I got one donation for writing/promoting that code. Fixed a lot of people who had Pi's blow up, just noted)

Thank you!

Can you give me a price recommendation please? Because I was searching, and I cannot find any even approximate price.

Or maybe if you want (or anybody) this controller board, DM me with an offer.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:09:15 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 02:21:23 PM by lightfoot

Thank you!

Can you give me a price recommendation please? Because I was searching, and I cannot find any even approximate price.

Or maybe if you want (or anybody) this controller board, DM me with an offer.
Toughie. There are only two in the recent Ebay sold history, so I'd say put it up and see what happens.
(Note those prices included a Pi so they would run Titans natively)

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:52:19 AM

Did you only get a donation from me? Damn, that makes me sick!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:09:01 AM

I tossed him a titan controller. a split between me and longsnowsm...but yeah, hardly worth the effort..if just us....and you.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:37:47 AM

I tossed him a titan controller. a split between me and longsnowsm...but yeah, hardly worth the effort..if just us....and you.

Did you get a l3+ 462m is the magic spot, fyi.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:19:08 AM

That's true, I did forget about those. More to the point though I did get a lot of satisfaction in solving the whole Raspberry Pi problem. That would have stopped a number of titans in their tracks, so getting it working was a good thing.

And now I'm working on another code mod for someone. Bitch on wheels, working on it between fixing other titans. We'll see.

C
(can also fix Avalons and S7's)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:24:06 AM

Did you get an l3+ 462m is the magic spot, FYI.

They work. I have 3 L3+'s yet to go up this week. They all seem to work ok prev to this, unsure of settings I have had may/july/oct batches of them
approx 7 equiv (with l3's) L3+'s up till now..these $1650 3 L3+'s will put me at 10 equiv all work at the data hall w/o issue..up to this point

I guess it will all shake out in the wash...I do know we I will need about $100 buck LTC (as a guide) by Jan 2018 for me to keep the KNC Titans up at

around $5 a day...and that is VERY OPTIMISTIC with difficulty and that price etc

anyway, just to keep it on topic...if I make $5 bucks on titans say I make like $5.75 on an L3 and $11.50 on an L3+...so the diff between a Titan 300mh

and an L3 falling off the world .....mining scrypt wise is not that much...we need some price pump or difficulty will run both over ...again imho and optimistic

the scenario above in my view

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
taserz

Activity: 798
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:53:55 AM

They work. I have 3 L3+'s yet to go up this week. They all seem to work ok prev to this, unsure of settings I have had may/july/oct batches of them
approx 7 equiv (with l3's) L3+'s up till now..these $1650 3 L3+'s will put me at 10 equiv all work at the data hall w/o issue..up to this point

I guess it will all shake out in the wash...I do know we I will need about $100 buck LTC (as a guide) by Jan 2018 for me to keep the KNC Titans up at

around $5 a day...and that is VERY OPTIMISTIC with difficulty and that price etc

anyway, just to keep it on topic...if I make $5 bucks on titans say I make like $5.75 on an L3 and $11.50 on an L3+...so the diff between a Titan 300mh

and an L3 falling off the world .....mining scrypt wise is not that much...we need some price pump or difficulty will run both over ...again imho and optimistic

I wouldn't count on L3 making a lot once all these batches land.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:18:42 AM

I wouldn't count on L3 making a lot once all these batches land.

Thus my point...the L3 is 75c a day ahead at $5.75 vs my $5 per day KNC Titan. Thus when/if the Titans go 'doorstop' the L3's will not be far behind....the L3+'s
at that point in time would inherit the $5 a day claim....

We need a 100 buck price pump, say in LTC, by Jan 2018 to keep things more or less where they are now profit wise...not real hopeful Sad

Will really, really suck if all the above units I mention...all miss say a price pump too far down the line to help the difficulty wise...would again suck

if we saw say 100 buck LTC too late to make any difference to the above equipment as 'doorstops'.....would be a 'so close yet soooo far' deal

Pages: « 1 ... 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: