Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:55:11 PM

The situation is starting to get embarrassing. really.

paypal seems to working again!

But vat question is not answered. yesterday was no vat to pay.today it shows "german vat"  (for gemrnay )and its 25% but it have to be 19%

Email them, they were addressing VAT yesterday. In the morning it wasn't adding UK VAT. I emailed them. They were handling that at the time, by afternoon it was accurate.

I have already emaild them. Still no answer( i think they were busy with the paypal problem) ....but i have payed yersterday the full amount but with no vat. and now i can't pay one time more for a full miner because  i have reached my CC limit. and i do not want to pay a wrong vat amount, too.  i'm courius how they clear the not paid vats...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:59:36 PM

But vat question is not answered. yesterday was no vat to pay.today it shows "german vat"  (for gemrnay )and its 25% but it have to be 19%

Email them, they were addressing VAT yesterday. In the morning it wasn't adding UK VAT. I emailed them. They were handling that at the time, by afternoon it was accurate.

I have already emaild them. Still no answer( i think they were busy with the paypal problem) ....but i have payed yersterday the full amount but with no vat. and now i can't pay one time more for a full miner because  i have reached my CC limit. and i do not want to pay a wrong vat amount, too.  i'm courius how they clear the not paid vats...

Prob a second bill. If you have reached credit card limit, pay some off, and you will have more room. You shouldn't be funding this with borrowed money, but cash you have and are comfortably willing to risk. Credit Card is not a loan, but exorbitant fees for the liability to be handled by the ccard issuer.

Are you emailing Sam? His email is mentioned in the sig of his personal posts.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
stoechi

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

did anyone see the facebook posts of this stupid wannabe fanboy on KNCMiner FB site?

http://stoechi.de:54321/modules/Piczza/www/image.php?size=b&path=stoechi-%2Fstuff%2F&name=1.png&671255711&status=0

IMHO he is pushing the things even to hard for being just a fanboy and we have to fear that its one guy of KNCMiner (his name sounds nordic too).

I know its way hard to figure but we dont have much to base our guesses on, what do you think?
bobsmoke

Activity: 314

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:11:01 PM

Update#2
    I will bring a powermeter with me, just in case. Good idea with the audio recording. Here in Sweden you don't need to ask for permission as long as you partake in the conversation but it is polite to ask.

Photos/Videos (I'll try to include objects for distance-reference)
    * Mars unit hashing
    * Mars without a cover/case …shots of the internals if possible
    * Hashing results in the software client
    * The power supply attached
    * A meter read of the power draw at the outlet – hopefully they’ll provide a monitor, or do you have one you could bring?

Questions
    1) Is this demo unit built on the final design revision that we’ll see used at the time of full-scale production?
    2) When will Mars begin production, if it hasn’t already?
    3) Has any development work yet begun on the ASIC modules?
    4) (If you’re not able to get a wattage reading from a meter)What is the power consumption on the Mars device?
    5) What is the projected power consumption of the Saturn/Jupiter?
    6) Do you plan on discontinuing the Mars BTC miners by a certain date or a quantity sold? (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
    7) With this modular design, how will the ASIC units be interfaced with each other, considering that additional devices may be added at a later time?
    8 ) Will these connected ASIC devices use a single shared network connection? What about the power?
    9) Why only 50.000SEK in capital? (about 5500 EUR, not even funny considering there are so many founders. no penalty for failure, so not much of an incentive for success either)
    #9 I also saw in the thread that people think my business with Andreas has a value of 5000EUR. That is the price it costs to register an AB(limited company)

But we do need clarification on when funds are required from us and whether delivery is guaranteed inside of designated buyer complaint periods given by the chosen payment methods, I.e. assurance that payment is made no earlier than 45 days before product is.
    10) Who pays for this really, how?
    11) Debt incurred? how much, how long?
    12) Why no ORSoC ppl on the board or directors? (not even deputy directors, only K/C wives or family?) (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
    13) Is there an employee payroll or just founders?
    14) Why start K&C AB as a consulting/hosting firm with the ORSoC ppl aboard?
    15) K&C AB focus on miners or hosting/consulting?
    16) Where is the real office? K's house, C's house, K & C AB office, another one??
    17) What about security (data/facilities)? (why self host? no datacenters?) Disaster recovery plans? [careful, no specifics]
    18)What about patents? Potential lawsuits? (are they insured against this?)
    19)Are the founders insured? Does the insurance money cover losses/refunds? Is the company the beneficiary or not?
    20)Expecting more sale outside of Sweden than in, can they finance the VAT in-between tax return periods? (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
    21) Project % completion?
    22) How much of the production will be financed by preorders? (possible corollary: why not more seed capital?)
    23) Obviously with the Swedes' worshiping the semi-permanent sunlight they get for the summer months causing an acknowledged lackluster in productivity (according to JJ), will this in anyway affect the design and manufacture of their Saturn and Jupiter miners? And, what realistically, are the chances of having those devices delivered in September?
    24) How can you be confident this will happen when both BFL and apparently Avalon have had issues delaying their production beyond reasonable expectations?
    25) Most important can they meet the September 2013 dateline. When is the 350gh/s Asic prototype Miner going to be out? July 2013??
    26) Will KNCMiner support P2Pool mining?
    27) Given the five way partnership with three from OrSoc and with their experience of FPGAs and ASICs in the past, how will they achieve their technical goals and how long will it take?
    28) Are there any potential third party hiccups that are likely to delay anything?
    29) What projects of similar kind have they completed before?

Other
    1) Where are you? Office / Workroom / Lab …?[/li][/list]
    2) What else is around? Desks (with phones? ..how many?) / Workstations / Machinery …?
    3) Who, specifically, is in attendance at this meeting? Do you see other people around as well?
    4) How much noise does the Mars device produce? ..perhaps think of something comparative
    5) Do you feel much heat radiation from the Mars unit?

dear forum members
    is it possible to do some research and find out which of these questions are already answered within the last 30 pages of this thread and the two other knc related threads or their website. i would like to only ask questions that are still unanswered and not waste precious time and patience and energy on details that have been solved.

To be fair 29 is answered somewhat on the ORSoC and Opencores.org sites as well as via individual LinkedIN accounts, but they may have examples more relevant to this project not mentioned there.

I would also like to gauge an idea of their own real Bitcoin mining experience.

I want to know when ASIC Mask design will be completed? When they will be ordering the ASIC's? When they expect to recieve delivery? and why they are so confident they will meet the September deadline? Also, when can we expect other credit card payment facilities aside Paypal? (V.important).

And why not ask about future lower entry models for those that can't afford, or want to risk $4k+ on Bitcoin, but still want to be involved.

Great questions...if you guys manage to bring answers for 40% of this laundry list would be great.
    Maybe this has been already answered, but would be pertinent to ask how much miners they estimate to deliver in the September batch, right?

Also, if you guys only had time to ask 2 questions, which ones would you do?

markm
    Legendary

Activity: 2940
    Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
    June 04, 2013, 02:12:41 PM

did anyone see the facebook posts of this stupid wannabe fanboy on KNCMiner FB site?

http://stoechi.de:54321/modules/Piczza/www/image.php?size=b&path=stoechi-%2Fstuff%2F&name=1.png&671255711&status=0

IMHO he is pushing the things even to hard for being just a fanboy and we have to fear that its one guy of KNCMiner (his name sounds nordic too).

I know its way hard to figure but we dont have much to base our guesses on, what do you think?

I dunno, I suppose hiring Linus Torvalds to whip up a custom Linux kernel for you would be risky too, so yeah, play it safe...

Unless you wait for off the shelf products, you gotta take some risks.

If you cannot tolerate risk, buy ASICminer blades and/or USB units, they are ready to ship, go ahead.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
    Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
    stoechi

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:20:51 PM

what a stupid answer..
    TLS freedom

Activity: 39

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:23:47 PM

Question, if I have an order for Jupiter can I order a Saturn and keep my place?

Also if I'm not in the first 500 is it going to be half payment now half when they're ready to ship?
    idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:24:50 PM

Prob a second bill. If you have reached credit card limit, pay some off, and you will have more room. You shouldn't be funding this with borrowed money, but cash you have and are comfortably willing to risk. Credit Card is not a loan, but exorbitant fees for the liability to be handled by the ccard issuer.

yes of course. i  have mailed sam directly...i know that i can fund more on my cc, but i do not want it. i have enough free limit to pay the vat but not a full miner again without refunding for my frist payment.
    stoechi

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:26:10 PM

Maybe a nice question for tomorrow would be to clarify this statement:

"We are not taking any money from anyone until we have a device ready for mass production."

( http://stoechi.de:54321/modules/Piczza/www/image.php?size=b&path=stoechi-%2Fstuff%2F&name=2.png&284347546&status=0 )

Exactly: "What was their deciscion based on to not wait until they have a product ready for mass production (worth risking a lot of customer confidence)?"

Xialla
    Legendary

Activity: 1036
    Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:27:12 PM

hmmm still considering if is better to order Saturn, Bitfury or chips from some group buy. I'm from Europe. Any advice here? budget 5k $.

thanks.
    canth
    Legendary

Activity: 1442
    Merit: 1001

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:27:39 PM

Question, if I have an order for Jupiter can I order a Saturn and keep my place?

Also if I'm not in the first 500 is it going to be half payment now half when they're ready to ship?

Best guess on the preorder placement is that they'll allow you to keep the same place for a different product - especially now that Mars isn't available.

No half payments - it's a full payment now or nothing.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:28:15 PM

yes of course. i  have mailed sam directly...i know that i can fund more on my cc, but i do not want it. i have enough free limit to pay the vat but not a full miner again without refunding for my frist payment.

Sure you'll be ok, they only need to make you a second invoice, by the sounds of it.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:30:43 PM

hmmm still considering if is better to order Saturn, Bitfury or chips from some group buy. I'm from Europe. Any advice here? budget 5k $.

thanks.

Best advice:

Do your own research!

canth
    Legendary

Activity: 1442
    Merit: 1001

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:31:24 PM
    Last edit: June 04, 2013, 02:41:54 PM by canth

thanks.

If I had $5K to split, I wouldn't want to wait on a single company. Split it into 3 x $1500 investments and find a group buy/investment mining company that's buying these products. Otherwise you risk delayed delivery (or worse) on the single horse you 'bet' on. Of course your risk expands to trusting those you partner with to not screw you over, but I find that better than hoping for one company to deliver.

As an example, a investment split 3 ways with Asicminer, Avalon and BFL would have done much better than just investing in BFL.

Xialla
    Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:32:31 PM

thanks.

Best advice:

Do your own research!

advice for you: stop flooding threads and hunt posts like idiot.
    Bitcoinorama

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:40:21 PM

thanks.

Best advice:

Do your own research!

advice for you: stop flooding threads and hunt posts like idiot.

I don't have to hunt posts, my email pings me with each reply.

Sorry, you're stuck with me until I've seen what the group members come back with from the openday, so I can make my own decision.

In the mean time i'd rather stop confusion, misinformation and poor payment decisions being spread from people that comment before reading up, and make sure all questions are ready and in place for Daggeteo tomo.

Also do bear in mind, that DYOR wasn't a brush-off, but encouragement to take responsibility for your own actions. Don't bite me for caring enough to offer you common sense advice...

Have a nice day though! Smiley

tinoki

Activity: 56

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:40:37 PM

I ve never said it was similar to what s happened to me

Nevertheless,this guy are planning to use your money to avoid taking any risk in their businessventure

You are the bankers for them

so please be carefull that s i m asking you to do

that s all

Preorder practise need to stop. If company need  money go to investmant bank.

Couldn't agreed more, great call
    tinoki

Activity: 56

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:43:07 PM

I dunno, I suppose hiring Linus Torvalds to whip up a custom Linux kernel for you would be risky too, so yeah, play it safe...

Unless you wait for off the shelf products, you gotta take some risks.

If you cannot tolerate risk, buy ASICminer blades and/or USB units, they are ready to ship, go ahead.

-MarkM-

You are getting off topic, create your own thread Grin

By the way those Asic Miner blade will be useless in couple of months, Freidcat is just dumping old stocks to make some quick bucks, he knows in a few months it will be not worth your money!!
    Xialla
    Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:43:46 PM

I ve never said it was similar to what s happened to me

Nevertheless,this guy are planning to use your money to avoid taking any risk in their businessventure

You are the bankers for them

so please be carefull that s i m asking you to do

that s all

Preorder practise need to stop. If company need  money go to investmant bank.

Couldn't agreed more, great call

+1 also hate this pre-order style which is used by almost every hardware manufacturer here.
    Xialla
    Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 02:45:09 PM

Have a nice day though! Smiley

ohh so nice answer, you work in customer support somewhere?.)

yep true.
    Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 2137 »
      Print  

Jump to: