Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 07:22:19 AM

How's this compare to the frostbit ;-)

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:28:27 AM

@dan99:

Yep new definition for Force Majeure: "just whatever and we don't have to pay you or ship you anything AND we can still sue you for damages".

They take the money and assume no responsibility.
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:12:03 AM

How can you call them? The tel number wich has given is not working for me...Huh

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Emmie

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:18:21 AM

Hi , their TandC concerns me .. they are a few escape clause they could use for not refunding you, how would paypal react in such a case since you agreed to their T&C? Here is what I copy from another thread.

" 8.2  Where delivery is delayed due to any of the circumstances constituting force majeure in accordance with 11 below or due to any act or omission by the Purchaser, the delivery period shall be extended by such a period as is reasonable in light of the circumstances.  The delivery period shall also be extended where the cause of the delay arises after the expiry of the originally agreed delivery period.

11. Force Majeure

11.1 KnCMiner is exempted from fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement and is entitled to cancel the Purchaser’s confirmed orders without any liability, in the event of force majeure such as strikes, floods and fires, wars, riots, interruptions in transport, shortage of material or energy sources affecting KnCMiner or its sub-suppliers, accidents or other occurrences which affects sub-suppliers’ production, bankruptcy or compulsory liquidation of a sub-supplier, accidents of any kind, governmental decisions which affects manufacturing or use of the Products and, in general, such events that were unforeseen at the time of the order which prevents or hinder manufacturing, transportation or delivery of the Products to the Purchaser.

9.2  Termination and rescission under this section shall not under any circumstances give rise to any obligation for KnCMiner to pay compensation to the Purchaser, and does not restrict KnCMiner’s possibility to claim damages or other economic compensation due to the event which justified KnCMiner to terminate the order or the Agreement. "

Isn't this a veeery normal thing to have in such an agreement?
idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:28:54 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 08:53:29 AM by idee2013

How can you call them? The tel number wich has given is not working for me...Huh

not only for you, i think they have paused the number in some way, because they are extremly busy.
Write them if you habe real issues. Sam i really answering every mail. I got 3 today from him with question i asked him an thursday and yesterday.
They are extremly busy and of course they need to take much time for the opendays and preparation for the opendays.

ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:35:17 AM

I could called them. I spoke with Andreas, he was very helpfull.  Smiley

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
idee2013

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:20:55 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 09:33:14 AM by idee2013

If the miner ever arrives, I'll be using this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139014
Single rail is the best choice

Remember 1000 watt power supplies add $200 per jupiter

did they say what type yet?  

wouldn't be wise to go cheap on it considering you want some very stable rails

this ones could be right choices for jupiters, too.

http://geizhals.de/pc-power-cooling-silencer-mk-iii-1200w-atx-2-3-ppcmk3s1200-a820697.html?v=l

http://geizhals.de/zalman-zm1250-platinum-1250w-atx-2-3-a819265.html?v=l

http://geizhals.de/enermax-maxrevo-1350w-atx-2-3-emr1350ewt-a655182.html?v=l

at the moment i prefere the first one with 7 years of warranty

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=824
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:25:33 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 09:38:30 AM by Xialla

and waiting now.(
blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:55:07 AM

Wonder if i am going to a be a bagholder in the end Smiley

Bitrated user: blastbob.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:06:17 AM

Wonder if i am going to a be a bagholder in the end Smiley

28K. Brilliant.
Was happy I paid 1 Saturn Smiley

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:08:21 AM

28K. Brilliant.
Was happy I paid 1 Saturn Smiley

.)) yes, same here.
idee2013

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:09:07 AM

Lottery is closed

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-16
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:49:09 AM

Hi , their TandC concerns me .. they are a few escape clause they could use for not refunding you, how would paypal react in such a case since you agreed to their T&C? Here is what I copy from another thread.

" 8.2  Where delivery is delayed due to any of the circumstances constituting force majeure in accordance with 11 below or due to any act or omission by the Purchaser, the delivery period shall be extended by such a period as is reasonable in light of the circumstances.  The delivery period shall also be extended where the cause of the delay arises after the expiry of the originally agreed delivery period.

11. Force Majeure

11.1 KnCMiner is exempted from fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement and is entitled to cancel the Purchaser’s confirmed orders without any liability, in the event of force majeure such as strikes, floods and fires, wars, riots, interruptions in transport, shortage of material or energy sources affecting KnCMiner or its sub-suppliers, accidents or other occurrences which affects sub-suppliers’ production, bankruptcy or compulsory liquidation of a sub-supplier, accidents of any kind, governmental decisions which affects manufacturing or use of the Products and, in general, such events that were unforeseen at the time of the order which prevents or hinder manufacturing, transportation or delivery of the Products to the Purchaser.

9.2  Termination and rescission under this section shall not under any circumstances give rise to any obligation for KnCMiner to pay compensation to the Purchaser, and does not restrict KnCMiner’s possibility to claim damages or other economic compensation due to the event which justified KnCMiner to terminate the order or the Agreement. "

I'm not a lawyer but pay attention to the wording "and is entitled to cancel the Purchaser’s confirmed orders without any liability" I believe there trying to limit the liability if they don't deliver, however I do not believe this allows them to simply keep the money. It does however seem very clear that they can cancel that order for whatever reason, but would imply that one could receive a refund... Again, I'm not a lawyer on this, but I think that is what this is trying to state... Anyone know any lawyers you can run this across??
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:53:36 AM

11. Force Majeure

I'm not a lawyer but pay attention to the wording "and is entitled to cancel the Purchaser’s confirmed orders without any liability" I believe there trying to limit the liability if they don't deliver, however I do not believe this allows them to simply keep the money. It does however seem very clear that they can cancel that order for whatever reason, but would imply that one could receive a refund... Again, I'm not a lawyer on this, but I think that is what this is trying to state... Anyone know any lawyers you can run this across??

I'm not a lawyer, but my wife is.

This is a pretty standard disclaimer. It doesn't stop you from seeking remedy, and it doesn't absolve them of financial liability altogether either. It's a wartime clause, essentially. If the factory gets bombed you can't hold KNC responsible for being unable to deliver. That sort of thing. I've seen very similar clauses in a number of contracts involving international commerce, and you'll see more of it as the world goes more mad.

If a corporate officer has stated that refunds will be issued, and under what terms, that should supercede this clause in that specific scenario, while still covering their ass in the event of disruptions beyond their forseeable control. I don't find it troubling. Granted, I don't (yet) have any skin in the game.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:06:37 AM

" 8.2  Where delivery is delayed due to any of the circumstances constituting force majeure in accordance with 11 below or due to any act or omission by the Purchaser, the delivery period shall be extended by such a period as is reasonable in light of the circumstances.  The delivery period shall also be extended where the cause of the delay arises after the expiry of the originally agreed delivery period.

11. Force Majeure

9.2  Termination and rescission under this section shall not under any circumstances give rise to any obligation for KnCMiner to pay compensation to the Purchaser, and does not restrict KnCMiner’s possibility to claim damages or other economic compensation due to the event which justified KnCMiner to terminate the order or the Agreement. "

This is a pretty standard disclaimer. It doesn't stop you from seeking remedy, and it doesn't absolve them of financial liability altogether either. It's a wartime clause, essentially. If the factory gets bombed you can't hold KNC responsible for being unable to deliver. That sort of thing. I've seen very similar clauses in a number of contracts involving international commerce, and you'll see more of it as the world goes more mad.

If a corporate officer has stated that refunds will be issued, and under what terms, that should supercede this clause in that specific scenario, while still covering their ass in the event of disruptions beyond their forseeable control. I don't find it troubling. Granted, I don't (yet) have any skin in the game.

FWIW, purely as an observation, and not legally through the eyes of the consumer;

It looks like they have considered every sceneraio and respective point of failure, as in risk for themselves, based upon every clusterf**k Butterfly Labs have created and are ensuing their ass in future no way resembles that of BFL's currently...in addition they don't want to be liable for itchy feet if something unexpected starts to happen with respect to hashrate and unknown entities (or known entities getting their sh*t together during KnC's period of manufacture).

That said, a wealthy guy I know imparted this mantra upon me; "he/she who writes the first draft almost always gets what they want, as the intent of the document has been specified by themselves"...so anyone wanting different T&Cs dropped the ball there...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:09:46 AM

11. Force Majeure

"Force Majeure" is a standard clause but their version of it extends to pretty much anything and everything. Not really force *Majeure* then.
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:31:21 AM

NO MORE PRE ORDERS

looking job
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:32:51 AM

NO MORE PRE ORDERS

Uhh, not sure what you mean by that. KnC provided 7 days for anyone with a pre-order to place their order and maintain pre-order queue.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:33:53 AM

NO MORE PRE ORDERS

Uhh, not sure what you mean by that. KnC provided 7 days for anyone with a pre-order to place their order and maintain pre-order queue.

No, he just has no idea of costs involved in designing tech, and hasn't researched either...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:34:21 AM

NO MORE PRE ORDERS

I think he means this: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-16
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: