Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:52:43 PM

Wow, I am getting more and more interested in KncMiner. They seem to be saying and doing all the right things.

If they can delivery on their claims in September, and do a decent job of keeping up with demand, they will be the new gold standard in Bitcoin mining hardware.

In their defence, they at the open day, actually said, "they intend to set the gold standard...", with respect to Bitcoin hardware, fed up seeing a lack of professionalism this far. So let's see...

They want to be in this for the long haul and this means behaving in the best interest for Bitcoin and those that support and use it.
Do you remember they mentioned somewhere producing a ~$20k device in the terahertz range as a gen-2 product? Part of their "in it for the long term / repeat customer" strategy? I'd love to make enough from these early devices to invest in a $20k device ^_^

They have alluded to a larger mining device in future, yes. What hashrate? No one knows. Marcus has much scope to play and revise future chips once they know what they have.

There is a poll on their homepage currently, if you want a larger device, go vote!
Oh I did, sadly seems the majority want a smaller option. Only 19% voted, like me, for the larger device.

Thing is they are not keen to scale up the customer support required to service such large volumes of individuals, but would prefer to offer an IPO share type agreement, or encourage a cottage industry of safe unit sharing,at least thats what was discussed at the open-day. However since the poll, options are likely open, as the response has been strong for a smaller item, and the peeps have spoken...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:57:02 PM

I voted for smaller devices.
A one chip "Neptune" slinging 100 GH/s... My kids could afford to get into mining AND see a profit!

I wish that I could also vote for a larger device, too.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:19:22 PM

Wow, I am getting more and more interested in KncMiner. They seem to be saying and doing all the right things.

If they can delivery on their claims in September, and do a decent job of keeping up with demand, they will be the new gold standard in Bitcoin mining hardware.

In their defence, they at the open day, actually said, "they intend to set the gold standard...", with respect to Bitcoin hardware, fed up seeing a lack of professionalism this far. So let's see...

They want to be in this for the long haul and this means behaving in the best interest for Bitcoin and those that support and use it.
Do you remember they mentioned somewhere producing a ~$20k device in the terahertz range as a gen-2 product? Part of their "in it for the long term / repeat customer" strategy? I'd love to make enough from these early devices to invest in a $20k device ^_^

They have alluded to a larger mining device in future, yes. What hashrate? No one knows. Marcus has much scope to play and revise future chips once they know what they have.

There is a poll on their homepage currently, if you want a larger device, go vote!
Oh I did, sadly seems the majority want a smaller option. Only 19% voted, like me, for the larger device.

Thing is they are not keen to scale up the customer support required to service such large volumes of individuals, but would prefer to offer an IPO share type agreement, or encourage a cottage industry of safe unit sharing,at least thats what was discussed at the open-day. However since the poll, options are likely open, as the response has been strong for a smaller item, and the peeps have spoken...

Obviously cheaper units will always win, nothing else should be expected and it's pretty pointless to make a poll, the result is clear on beforehand.

The real point is how much money are the "big" customers going to invest compared to the "small" customers: if the 20% that voted for "larger unit" are willing to spend $15,000 each, and the 80% that voted for "smaller and cheaper" are willing to spend only $700 each, it's pretty clear what is the most profitable business decision to take, without even considering the additional costs related with bigger customer support.

In any case, I think they chose well the two models available as a starting point. Then, the market will tell them what is the most profitable option, they will see it on the order book, regardless of the poll.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:29:19 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 11:39:36 PM by Bitcoinorama

Obviously cheaper units will always win, nothing else should be expected and it's pretty pointless to make a poll, the result is clear on beforehand.

The real point is how much money are the "big" customers going to invest compared to the "small" customers: if the 20% that voted for "larger unit" are willing to spend $15,000 each, and the 80% that voted for "smaller and cheaper" are willing to spend only $700 each, it's pretty clear what is the most profitable business decision to take, without even considering the additional costs related with bigger customer support.

In any case, I think they chose well the two models available as a starting point. Then, the market will tell them what is the most profitable option, they will see it on the order book, regardless of the poll.

Indeed one step at a time. ORSoC only need concentrate their talent on one device (which is in effect two), at a time. Simultaneously designing multiple devices at once is a schoolboy error, which begs the question, who's been advising BFL?!

Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 12:52:33 AM

The part that I also find interesting is where their product page says..."    Modular Design allowing for expansion at a later date."

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:05:45 AM

The part that I also find interesting is where their product page says..."    Modular Design allowing for expansion at a later date."
Ie: Saturn x 2 = 1 Jupiter.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
wildbud

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:10:53 AM

Interesting  I just noticed on my orders detail page it shows a kind of grayed out 34 right under my order Qty of 1 of a Jupiter...

Wonder what the 34 means?  Could it mean at the time I ordered and paid, I was the 34th Jupiter ordered and paid for???  Surely not as I ordered June 19th...  Unless the Saturn's have a lot more orders???Product   Price per unit   Amount   Price

Saturn
$ 3,795.00    1   $ 3,795.00
Order price: $ 3,795.00
Shipping price: $ 102.60
Comments to order

Total price: $ 3,897.60

Yea its the sku code. Mine says 34 as well
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:33:16 AM

I voted for smaller devices.
A one chip "Neptune" slinging 100 GH/s... My kids could afford to get into mining AND see a profit!

I wish that I could also vote for a larger device, too.
are you just daydreaming or did you find this 100GH/s per chip number somewhere in the hundreds of pages of smoke?   That seems impossibly high no?

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:33:51 AM

are you just daydreaming or did you find this 100GH/s per chip number somewhere in the hundreds of pages of smoke?   That seems impossibly high no?

It was in today's newsletter.

Jupiter = 4 chips at 100GH/chip

The more technical audience amongst our customers have been asking for a lot details on the chips we will use. The information we have available to you today is that Jupiter will be a 4 chip design and Saturn a 2 chip design.

This means that we can achieve a minimum of 100GH/s per chip. Which we think most people will agree, puts us far ahead of our current competitors.

Our ASIC package selection has been optimized, allowing the use of a smaller package. The selected package is a 55mm x 55mm HFCBGA package (2046 ball count), optimized for maximum thermal characteristics.

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:36:15 AM

are you just daydreaming or did you find this 100GH/s per chip number somewhere in the hundreds of pages of smoke?   That seems impossibly high no?

quoting the relevant part of yesterday's newsletter ("Chip Progress report" paragraph)

This means that we can achieve a minimum of 100GH/s per chip. Which we think most people will agree, puts us far ahead of our current competitors.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
androz

Activity: 728

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:47:53 AM

Jupiter = 4 chips at 100GH/chip

too small, i'm waiting for Arcturus: 10 chip at 1000 TH/chip    Grin Grin

Madazam

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:25:38 AM

Lucky gits!...Wink

From the KnC website:

Lottery Results.

The winners are as follows:
Mr Stephenson from Texas USA who wins 1 Jupiter & 1 Saturn
Mr Weisener from Germany who wins 1 Jupiter
Mr Vicente from Spain who wins 1 Saturn

Who else hate em ..Wink
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:53:57 AM

are you just daydreaming or did you find this 100GH/s per chip number somewhere in the hundreds of pages of smoke?   That seems impossibly high no?

quoting the relevant part of yesterday's newsletter ("Chip Progress report" paragraph)

Can you tell me where to find this newsletter?   Thanks.   

daggeteo

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:09:25 AM

Two places

1. Your inbox, if you're subscribing

2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232852.msg2584504#msg2584504
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-22

and if you are subscribed to their mailing list, yesterday you should have received an email with the exact same text you'll find on the link above

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:09:51 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/registration.aspx

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
naRky

Activity: 350

Bitcoin is the future...

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:29:02 AM

A look inside KnCMiner, bitcoin mining’s dark horse

http://www.coindesk.com/a-look-inside-kncminer/

▄██▄
▀███
   █
    █
     █
      █
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
      ▀██▀            ▀█▀            ▀██▀
         ▀▄           ▄▀
           ▀▄        ▄▀
             ▀▄     ▄▀
               ▀▄  ▄▀
                ▄██▄
                ▀██▀
                              █
                             ███
                            █████
                           ███ ███
                          ███   ███
                         ███     ███
                        ███       ███
                       ███         ███
                      ███           ███
                     ███             ███
                    ███               ███
                    ██                 ███
                    ██                  ███
                 █  ██                   ███
                ██  ██                    ███
               ███  ██                     ███
              ████  ██                      ███
             █████  ██ ▄███████████▄         ███
            ███ ██  █████▀       ▀████▄       ███
           ███  ██  ██▀              ▀██       ███
          ███   ██     ▄███████████▄   ██       ███
         ███    ██    ██▀         ▀██   ██       ███
        ███     ██   ██             ██  ██        ███
       ███      ██  ██               ██  ██        ███
      ███       ██  ██               ██  ██         ███
     ███        ██  ██               ██  ██          ███
    ███         ██  ██               ██  ██           ███
   ███           ██  ██             ██   ██            ███
  ███            ██   ██▄         ▄██    ██             ███
 ███              ██   ▀███████████▀     ██              ███
███                ██▄              ▄██  ██               ███
 ███▄               ▀████▄       ▄█████  ██             ▄███
   ▀███▄               ▀███████████▀ ██  ██          ▄███▀
      ▀███▄                          ██  ██       ▄███▀
         ▀███▄                       ██  ██    ▄███▀
            ▀███▄                    ██  ██ ▄███▀
               ▀███▄                 ██  ████▀
                  ▀███▄              ██  █▀
                     ▀███▄         ▄███
                        ▀███▄   ▄███▀
                           ▀█████▀

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
▀██▀             ▀██▀    
                 █
                █
               █
              █
             █
          ▄██▄
          ▀██▀
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:53:48 AM

Thanks

merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:08:47 AM

thanks

I like this below
Nevertheless, prospects for FPGAs in general are far from bleak, Cole asserts. The company is planning an FPGA targeting the Scrypt-based altcurrency market, dominated by Litecoin, but with many other competitors. Users will be able to visit the KnCMiner website and download software to reprogram FPGA chips to mine any new coin that emerges as a contender, he promises. “That means that we can sell a $3000-$4000 product that returns your investment,” he says, but adds that it must be more functional than Mars. “It needs memory channels, the ability to be reprogrammed, and probably its own web interface.”
add me to the pre-pre-order list  Grin
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:12:19 AM

thanks

I like this below
Nevertheless, prospects for FPGAs in general are far from bleak, Cole asserts. The company is planning an FPGA targeting the Scrypt-based altcurrency market, dominated by Litecoin, but with many other competitors. Users will be able to visit the KnCMiner website and download software to reprogram FPGA chips to mine any new coin that emerges as a contender, he promises. “That means that we can sell a $3000-$4000 product that returns your investment,” he says, but adds that it must be more functional than Mars. “It needs memory channels, the ability to be reprogrammed, and probably its own web interface.”
add me to the pre-pre-order list  Grin

Yes I purposely left that out of my report! I'm surprised that was mentioned!!

Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: