Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049439 times)
gmannn

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:20:27 PM

I've been trying to find out what the refund policy is on pre-orders.  I was considering ordering a Saturn, but given ship dates won't be until October, I'd want to cancel the order if the difficulty is looking like it will be too great at that time (90M+)

Does anyone have direct knowledge of how kncminer deals with refund requests on pre-orders?

It was said that they would honor refunds up until the ship date but I can't remember where that was.  I just checked their site and couldn't find anything.

Bitcoinorama may have brought that back from his visit, I haven't checked that thread.

Their refund policy really should be added to the website.

Refund policy was shown in the terms of agreement when checking out my order, I can't retrieve it now.  IIRC refunds are completely at the discretion of KNC.  They say publicly that they will refund orders if the time comes, but I expect they will stop the bleeding if SHTF.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:05:24 PM

This isn't a new dance folks..  if you missed the early orders, I am sure there are some of you that will pay a premium to someone who does have early orders who wishes to cash in said ROI quicker than mining

In such a free market world like btc, there seems to be so many wanting nanny-like price controls

the price is the price..  your crying is your crying

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

Refund policy was shown in the terms of agreement when checking out my order, I can't retrieve it now.
https://www.kncminer.com/pages/tandc
There's nothing talking about refunds ...

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
plethora

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:12:39 PM

Every day, 3600 new Bitcoins are mined. If KnC sells 3600 Jupiters and they take ALL of the mining market (which isn't likely) each Jupiter will mine maximum 1 BTC per day.

Is this correct?
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:17:02 PM

Every day, 3600 new Bitcoins are mined. If KnC sells 3600 Jupiters and they take ALL of the mining market (which isn't likely) each Jupiter will mine maximum 1 BTC per day.

Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct ..obviously not counting hashing variance, round luck, devices going offline, etc.

gmannn

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:57:05 PM

Refund policy was shown in the terms of agreement when checking out my order, I can't retrieve it now.
There's nothing talking about refunds ...

Thanks, I must have been thinking returns and not refunds.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:05:31 PM

canth... Where you get that idea Huh?  Its just wrong. Thats over.

Well, I agree - the pre-orders certainly should be over. We don't have queue information yet and with odd posts like the one from Elasticband, I wonder if they're still letting people pay for pre-orders.
Exactly why I think he was trolling.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:11:07 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 08:56:20 PM by Phoenix1969

I've been trying to find out what the refund policy is on pre-orders.  I was considering ordering a Saturn, but given ship dates won't be until October, I'd want to cancel the order if the difficulty is looking like it will be too great at that time (90M+)

Does anyone have direct knowledge of how kncminer deals with refund requests on pre-orders?
You'd "Give up" at 90 mil diff? ...hahahahahahahahahahaha.........................hold on... Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
LMAO... you are in the wrong business then.
Even if the diff was 200 mil, the ROI is less than 3 months, there are few investments in the world that offer returns like that. Seriously, if a diff of 90 at delivery scares you, then you better call paypal or something, because there's a 99.999% chance it will pass that... sooner than later.
current diff....19.3
25% compounded every 2 weeks...(current trend)
24...30....37....47....59....73....92....115....143....179....224....281, jan1st
So, I EASILY forsee a possible 73-92 diff in september, maybe more, maybe less. But remember, as the total hashrate of the BTC network grows, the rate of climb in the diff will slow, as it will take more & more units to be manufactured to get the same diff increase result. As an example... Knc ships out 10 th/s per week would be a higher percentage added to the cloud today than a month from now. So, at some point, the rate of climb will slow down, eventually to a crawl. But we are a long way away from that. We are at the apex of many deliveries by many suppliers, so expect a diff spike, greater than the 25% per 2 week compounded trend. Fair warning.
On the other hand, the moment Bitpay integrates with Paypal (may be very soon) we should experience a huge spike in BTC value, as demand rises. I just hope to have some KNC Geese Hens laying Golden Egggcoin by then!!!!    If the diff increases by 25%, then you would have to order another 25% hash power to your collection of rigs in order to keep up, which is where your mindset need be if you plan on "staying in the game": if not... even a greater value, like 50% or more re-investment ratio if you ever plan on actually increasing your "Paycheck".  In this world, most businesses fail within the first 2 years. If you don't want to add to that statistic, you might want to study the subject matter a bit more thorough. You never should have ordered an asic if you weren't sure you'd want it later on. That's fine if you are a kid with a 275 dollar Jali order from BFL. Seems like people expect to buy one magic little machine, and it will make you rich. If you are one of those... good luck.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
bebfoo

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:34:41 PM

I've been trying to find out what the refund policy is on pre-orders.  I was considering ordering a Saturn, but given ship dates won't be until October, I'd want to cancel the order if the difficulty is looking like it will be too great at that time (90M+)

You'd "Give up" at 90 mil diff? ...hahahahahahahahahahaha.........................hold on... Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
LMAO... you are in the wrong business then.
Even if the diff was 200 mil, the ROI is less than 3 months, there are few investments in the world that offer returns like that. Seriously, if a diff of 90 at delivery scares you, then you better call paypal or something, because there's a 99.999% chance it will pass that... sooner than later.
current diff....19.3
25% compounded every 2 weeks...(current trend)
24...30....37....47....59....73....92....115....143....179....224....281, jan1st

Actually good point, I was running the estimations with 200M, not 90M.  90M might still be worth the investment (to me) depending on what the growth curve looks like.

I've already pre-ordered and paid on Terrahash, so was just considering KNC as a second option.
xuemike

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:28:11 PM

Does anyone know the warranty of these units?
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:35:43 PM

Does anyone know the warranty of these units?
Paragraph #6

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:24:27 PM

On the other hand, the moment Bitpay integrates with Paypal (may be very soon) we should experience a huge spike in BTC value, as demand rises.

Have u seen something specific on this? You make it sound like a given that it will happen...
DPoS

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:34:02 PM

On the other hand, the moment Bitpay integrates with Paypal (may be very soon) we should experience a huge spike in BTC value, as demand rises.

Have u seen something specific on this? You make it sound like a given that it will happen...

we know btc ain't annoymous by itself..  but why would anyone want to attach so much information like paypal does just to use it?  And pay way more fees or course and they still wouldn't guarantee the buyer with chargebacks..

there is no chance that bitpay merges with paypal..  if it does, it won't be what bitpay was and someone else will take its place

perhaps bitpay branches out with some escrow options?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:54:31 PM

we know btc ain't annoymous by itself..  but why would anyone want to attach so much information like paypal does just to use it?  And pay way more fees or course and they still wouldn't guarantee the buyer with chargebacks..

Actually, Paypal adding bitcoin as a funding option would be amazing for the bitcoin community.

Every site that currently accepts Paypal would instantly become a bitcoin accepting merchant.

User loads shopping cart, clicks pay by Paypal.
User is presented with Paypal login iFrame.
User logs in and selects bitcoin as payment option.
User is presented with address, sends bitcoin, transaction complete.

The above scenario a) completely legitimizes bitcoin and b) gives us all the ability to spend bitcoin on basically every worthwhile website in the world.

It's time to step out of the anti-establishment box and get out of the way of global acceptance.

*sorry for responding to an off-topic post*
blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:05:11 AM

Please release a smaller less expensive version Smiley

You could always do a groupbuy. But its good to have a heater for the winter also Smiley

Bitrated user: blastbob.
DPoS

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:26:50 AM

we know btc ain't annoymous by itself..  but why would anyone want to attach so much information like paypal does just to use it?  And pay way more fees or course and they still wouldn't guarantee the buyer with chargebacks..

Actually, Paypal adding bitcoin as a funding option would be amazing for the bitcoin community.

Every site that currently accepts Paypal would instantly become a bitcoin accepting merchant.

User loads shopping cart, clicks pay by Paypal.
User is presented with Paypal login iFrame.
User logs in and selects bitcoin as payment option.
User is presented with address, sends bitcoin, transaction complete.

The above scenario a) completely legitimizes bitcoin and b) gives us all the ability to spend bitcoin on basically every worthwhile website in the world.

It's time to step out of the anti-establishment box and get out of the way of global acceptance.

*sorry for responding to an off-topic post*

you are a whiteboard, forget the details kind of big thinker right?

the devil is in the details in this one...

Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 01:51:44 AM

Interesting chart..  Scroll down:

http://decentralizedhashing.com/bitcoin-mining-equipment-table/

nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:50:09 AM

Have been following this chart for a while... so if KnC isn't profitable, then nothing else really is either? There's a lot of talk about the rate of difficulty increase that has me a little concerned about ROI. But right now, KnC is the best value hands down for hashing power. We'll see what else comes on the market and how difficulty rises.
kevcoins

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:06:00 AM

I've been trying to find out what the refund policy is on pre-orders.  I was considering ordering a Saturn, but given ship dates won't be until October, I'd want to cancel the order if the difficulty is looking like it will be too great at that time (90M+)

It was said that they would honor refunds up until the ship date but I can't remember where that was.  I just checked their site and couldn't find anything.

Bitcoinorama may have brought that back from his visit, I haven't checked that thread.

Their refund policy really should be added to the website.

Yes they have openly said they will honour refunds, I think they have said this in this thread. It's not been me stating this, although I do know that this is the case. Personally though if you intend to have cold feet and be be flakey I'd prefer you refund sooner, rather than later and muck everyone around. The guys mean well and competitor hashrate is out if their hands. They don't need mice jumping ship.

Mice will jump ship if ROI is impossible. That's part of the preorder game.

Did you get your question answers? regarding if the chip has been order and in production now? Grin
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:16:16 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 05:44:19 AM by Phoenix1969

we know btc ain't annoymous by itself..  but why would anyone want to attach so much information like paypal does just to use it?  And pay way more fees or course and they still wouldn't guarantee the buyer with chargebacks..

there is no chance that bitpay merges with paypal..  if it does, it won't be what bitpay was and someone else will take its place

perhaps bitpay branches out with some escrow options?

Yes I have. With the combination of Fincen(The governing body of the U.S. Treasury)literally approving cryptocurrecies  http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/speech/pdf/20130613.pdf 
and the Bloomburg interview with David Marcus(CEO of both PayPal AND BitPay)
 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/we-re-our-biggest-competitor-paypal-s-marcus-hfD5bqHjSZaMOrEREga9Tw.html
   and here...
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZnkoaoV1I   
,as well as this article... http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/23/why-paypal-is-bullish-on-bitcoin/

By the way.. I've come up with a simple(too simple almost) formula to succeed in Bitcoin without diminishing returs as a miner...
Where "S"= Success(non-diminishing returns),
"H"= Hashrate purchase at diffchange, and
"D" = Difficulty level percentage increase
S = H > D
that's it.
It of course does not include the dollar value of BTC. One could argue S = H > D + V if V > 0, when "V" is a % decrease in BTC dollar value.... but no need IMHO.
I could write an entire paper on why this will work, but it will. Hope this helps.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: