Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
FoxMURDER

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:19:42 PM

hmm how about adding second saturn to my order? i don't like the idea of having 400GHps in one device, which in case of failre, kills all my hashrate ...
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:22:15 PM

hmm how about adding second saturn to my order? i don't like the idea of having 400GHps in one device, which in case of failre, kills all my hashrate ...

The only option is to upgrade chips in your device.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:08:21 PM

Any new info on the sub $1000 product that they were considering?

The Mercury is the cheapest device you can buy ($1995). They added it after the poll ended.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:28:31 PM

Tempting to upgrade one of my Saturns....nice that there isn't any BFL type pressure on the decision

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:32:59 PM

Tempting to upgrade one of my Saturns....nice that there isn't any BFL type pressure on the decision

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:40:58 PM

Any new info on the sub $1000 product that they were considering?

The Mercury is the cheapest device you can buy ($1995). They added it after the poll ended.

thanks, its tempting to buy one outright, instead of just via the group buys.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:49:54 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 02:00:39 PM by Phoenix1969

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley
WHO says August? BFL?
  KNC never did.    I'm not sure by you're statement who "They" are.
If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  
JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?  I have a feeling KNC will be caught up before they are.

and this...
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/234-fabulous-bfl-pcb-jewelry.html
They have literally just started making jewelry from the latest batch of PCB's!!!!!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:53:18 PM

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley
WHO says August? BFL? KNC never did. If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?

what are you talking about?

anyway, yeah letting us decide to upgrade into August is a nice jesture.  And doesn't really screw the Jupiter customers since they get it much cheaper for having more balls/faith

So we pay a little more for getting to hedge a bit.  They are trying to balance out win-wins for everyone, themselves included

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
WastedLTC

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:02:05 PM

Right, the fact that they say it will still be available in August is great.  No real need to rush and upgrade, we can wait a few more weeks to see how they progress.

Makes me wish I did all Saturns so I only put down 50% and then could upgrade later-- less risk.   So far they have done nothing to show that they aren't doing their best to deliver.  Crossing my fingers!!!   I got my BFL order refunded so should I upgrade or just buy more LTC?  Smiley
WHO says August? BFL?
  KNC never did.    I'm not sure by you're statement who "They" are.
If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  
JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?  I have a feeling KNC will be caught up before they are.

and this...
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/234-fabulous-bfl-pcb-jewelry.html
They have literally just started making jewelry from the latest batch of PCB's!!!!!

Not sure you read my post correctly.  I mentioned that KNC said you can still upgrade your order in August.  (You don't have to do it immediately)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:02:21 PM

better, thx nice quick edit. I'll leave the BFL smut just for GP  Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:05:10 PM

WHO says August? BFL? KNC never did. If BFL is saying August and you believe it, you'd better take a looksie at this:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/239-tuesday-july-16-2013-shipping-update.html  JUNE 23 2012 is the very first day they took orders. They are not done with shipping day one after shipping for how long? It's now 45 days till September. You think BFL will be caught up with a year of orders in 45 days, when they've been delivering for so long, and got nowhere?

anyway, yeah letting us decide to upgrade into August is a nice jesture.  And doesn't really screw the Jupiter customers since they get it much cheaper for having more balls/faith

So we pay a little more for getting to hedge a bit.  They are trying to balance out win-wins for everyone, themselves included

well, it certainly hurts those of us who ordered Jupiters in the last couple of weeks.
WastedLTC

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:12:01 PM

well, it certainly hurts those of us who ordered Jupiters in the last couple of weeks.

I can see from the POV that more hashing power will be in front of you-- I doubt it would cause your order to be delayed in time.  As for the hashing power (yes, every bit counts) but we are not talking about huge volume compared to the network and don't forget.  When we put down money a month ago, we took much more risk than someone that purchased weeks ago. 
DPoS

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:14:16 PM

you still get it at a lesser cost.  do the math

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:19:30 PM

lesser cost?  how so?  i did the math and my conclusion is the same. 

it's not a "win-win situation for everyone involved".
WastedLTC

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:22:52 PM

It is $300 cheaper to order a Jupiter than ordering a Saturn + Upgrade.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:34:14 PM

It is $300 cheaper to order a Jupiter than ordering a Saturn + Upgrade.

ah, ok.  sounds fair to me.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:43:34 PM

It is unpleasant this tendency that KNCminer has of changing the relative position of their clients.

Earlier we had the queue trading service that forced people with higher queue numbers to either spend money trading or be subject to the new risk of their queue position being worth a lot less.

Now it's this very long period for Saturn upgrade which is unfair for those who have put money upfront for Jupiters and, again, has the potential to put hash power ahead of the queue position you thought you had. But mainly it is the risk unfairness and interest money loss: a Saturn buyer took less risk and will get a bigger reward (non-stalled money that could be used in other things for a few months and the option to see a few months ahead how difficulty, btc exchange rates and KNCminer are progressing before having to commit the full Jupiter money.) Very unfair!

They do communicate and seem to be the most promising "horse" so far but their decisions show that they don't worry too much about the investment risks that their clients had to consider and chose to  take. This could be very distressing whenever new developments like technology, legal, and exchange rates hit because you don't know what extra risks come from KNCminer trying to be "friendly" to some of their clients in an unpredictable way.

edit: just read the 300 usd mark up posted while I was writing (should have used the feature yes). The point still holds: unnecessary risk exposure to their clients who need to consider KNCminer change of rules at every purchase/service and that may be very serious when KNCminer has to make decisions that affect their clients forced by third parties or exterior factors.
WastedLTC

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:03:56 PM

It is unpleasant this tendency that KNCminer has of changing the relative position of their clients.

Earlier we had the queue trading service that forced people with higher queue numbers to either spend money trading or be subject to the new risk of their queue position being worth a lot less.

Now it's this very long period for Saturn upgrade which is unfair for those who have put money upfront for Jupiters and, again, has the potential to put hash power ahead of the queue position you thought you had. But mainly it is the risk unfairness and interest money loss: a Saturn buyer took less risk and will get a bigger reward (non-stalled money that could be used in other things for a few months and the option to see a few months ahead how difficulty, btc exchange rates and KNCminer are progressing before having to commit the full Jupiter money.) Very unfair!

They do communicate and seem to be the most promising "horse" so far but their decisions show that they don't worry too much about the investment risks that their clients had to consider and chose to  take. This could be very distressing whenever new developments like technology, legal, and exchange rates hit because you don't know what extra risks come from KNCminer trying to be "friendly" to some of their clients in an unpredictable way.

edit: just read the 300 usd mark up posted while I was writing (should have used the feature yes). The point still holds: unnecessary risk exposure to their clients who need to consider KNCminer change of rules at every purchase/service and that may be very serious when KNCminer has to make decisions that affect their clients forced by third parties or exterior factors.

I ordered 2 jupiters and 1 saturn and do agree with you but KNC isn't allowing someone like me to add a new unit to my order, just upgrade so that is looking out for everyone in line.  Would I have held on to my money and spent 300 more for less risk and done the upgrade to all my units if I knew this was an option -- YES.   Flip side, this was not known.  Also, KNC upped the hashing power without changing the price.   Look at all the great things KNC has done for the initial investors.

I remember getting an email from BFL asking for $500 to add 20GH/s to my unit.  KNC added 50 for free and also allowed new customers to purchase these units at original price. 

Also, at first I thought everyone selling 1-500 placements for hundreds of dollars was CRAZY!  I thought it would hurt my investment but in the end, I'm still in Day 1 without a 1-500 unit.   (I did end up buying a single unit in the 1-500 placement for 20 LTC just incase but in the end, all 3 of my units are shipping day 1).   I asked KNC about this prior to ordering and they assured me that my placement was early enough that I should not worry.   They were correct and honest.

The guys at KNC are doing a great job and I hope they can deliver!  September will be an amazing month.
cyrozap

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:13:07 PM

Has anyone done any of the math to figure out if it's even worth it to buy a Jupiter now? I've been looking to get into ASIC mining for a while, but I always seem to miss the original announcements for these things by a month or two. As I'm sure you all know, the later you receive the device, the longer it takes to pay itself off. I'd hate to order one now to only have it pay for itself in 5 years. Tongue
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:18:45 PM

There is no better GH/$ relation on the market atm.
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: