Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:43:09 AM

Too many assumptions in here... as usual.

Most of the posts here are from trolls, the real people interested in KNCminer are mainly reading not posting. Same with the Avalon and BFL threads.

Thanks for that.   If it wasn't for the people posting, you'd have no reason to come here.  KNC posts the information you need on their news section.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 01:51:51 AM

I did buy devices. I just think it's dumb to use their pool. I'm not hosting either. Would you buy turkey from your oven manufacturer?

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:57:04 AM

Too many assumptions in here... as usual.

Most of the posts here are from trolls, the real people interested in KNCminer are mainly reading not posting. Same with the Avalon and BFL threads.

Thanks for that.   If it wasn't for the people posting, you'd have no reason to come here.  KNC posts the information you need on their news section.

Yeah, and who started the thread pray tell? It was KNC and they have done like 50 posts.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:58:20 AM

I did buy devices. I just think it's dumb to use their pool. I'm not hosting either. Would you buy turkey from your oven manufacturer?

Pahaha, ok that made me snort tea out my nose. I see your point, but let's just see if it fits with the whole keeping customer ROI in the forefront of their minds mantra, as promised. They may well put together a compelling package...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:58:52 AM

Why would you even use their pool?
Use a real pool or run your own p2pool node.

The first reply from KNC regarding enabling NMC merge mining within the KNC pool was that the miners only support BTC.   I did my best to explain where this configuration was set and tried to further explain that this is not a hardware change. 

I asked them to forward the question to the operator of the pool if they knew that at this time-- if not we can revisit this later this month.

No response from byteminr yet.

use a "real" pool?  how do you define "real"?  KNC will have a huge chunk of hashing power.

I believe the level of trust for a pool run and managed by KNC would be higher than a pool managed by an anonymous person.  It's possible that the pool operator could skim coins.   I would hope the KNC pool would be protected against DDOS attacks and other breach attempts.  The fees are 1.5% which are lower than other available pools.   The pool will should also be monitored by the hosting facility for 99.9% up-time.

The previous question about merge mining not available on stratum,  I believe this is not the case.  BitMinter uses merge mining and statum but yes, they also have getwork.

If the pool has a "huge chunk of hashing power" that's a problem ... if it's a "moderate chunk" then it isn't.

If the devices are even 100GH/s, using getwork would be bad since ... well this has been discussed over and over, go read up about it Tongue
But simply, once you get around 500GH/s and more, it's a risk to lose blocks on the network using getwork - which gets higher the more people who are doing this (read up about roll-n-time)

Stratum does not stop merged mining, it's simply a question of implementing it.

... and who are these so called "anonymous person" managing pools?
Yes there are a lot of small anonymous pools, and yes avoid them, but unless you're a noob around bitcoin, you would know well that there are indeed quite a few pools with VERY well known operators ... however ...

Is it some pool run by one of the well known names in KnC (well there are only a few well known names in KnC) or is it run by some anonymous person no one has heard of ...

If KnC says officially: We back this pool and we will cover the losses if the person running the pool does a runner, then yep that's OK, but until then, it is exactly as you describe "a pool managed by an anonymous person"

Appreciate your comments. KNC wants to make money on every part of the game. They make a ton of money selling the miners, and hosting the miners.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:55:59 AM

If all these posts disappear, note that the fact they are whining on and on about BFL, that is not the topic of the thread, will point out why ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:12:18 AM

Kano, has KNC contacted you at all? Or are you under a NDA??

noobie just wondering. thanks.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:21:51 AM

There are a few conclusions we can draw from those disturbing pictures.

1. Sam is a really nice person who tries to be amicable with everyone including dirtbags, like Josh and Avalon.

2. He befriended them, so he could pee in their drinks, hence his big grin.

Or the dreaded

3. He's going to hope on the delay train.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:22:24 AM

Kano, has KNC contacted you at all? Or are you under a NDA??

noobie just wondering. thanks.
'We' have had 5 back and forth emails over the past month and are awaiting their response to the last one a day ago.
You will be glad, however, to know that I didn't send it, ckolivas did, who, as we all know, can be less abrasive than me Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:45:12 AM

Kano, thanks for the reply. Any chance you can tell us what that email to KnCMiner was all about?
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:19:28 AM

For all the positive spin of KNC

Here is a place to put your faith in them if you truly believe !!!

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

You can get ~ 2:1 odds paid out if you believe KNC can deliver before October !!!

After really not being engaged with KNC & their ASIC project...after reading for the last 2 hours I really doubt they can deliver and the previous happy happy joy joy pictures are after Josh explains to KNC that you dont really have to deliver anything within any real time frames

Thats why they are in a group hug  Grin

...lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:43:01 AM

You can get ~ 2:1 odds paid out if you believe KNC can deliver before October !!!

After really not being engaged with KNC & their ASIC project...after reading for the last 2 hours I really doubt they can deliver and the previous happy happy joy joy pictures are after Josh explains to KNC that you dont really have to deliver anything within any real time frames

...lolz

Good luck.

All,

I would like to say that EVERYTHING that needs to be done at this point in time for a September delivery has indeed been done.
We are on track for delivery and we know of nothing currently to the contrary.

There is not a single part in our systems that has a longer delivery time than the time we still have available.

Yes that does imply that things that don’t need to be ordered yet have not been ordered. The reason behind that is we simply don’t need to order them yet, We do  have contracts with all suppliers we need to have contracts with Those contracts contain delivery times and the associated order dates by which we must confirm the amounts (and of course pay).

I hope this removes confusion

KnCMiner

Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:46:37 AM

Did you guys notice that KNC bid on all 7 advertising slots on this forum a few days ago:

7 @ 5

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:03:07 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 07:24:04 AM by jayeeyee

So is it too late for me to pull a refund from BFL and instead invest it into KnC? =/

As of now, it highly seem unlikely I'll receive my miners from BFL by Q1 2014, let alone October which is KnC's "projected" date.  If I made a purchase now with KnC, will I be able to get something before the end of this year?
FoxMURDER

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:12:12 AM

Got just two pieces of information to share:

a) got confirmed from knc, that even if you have jupiter and one of the chips/board fail, you can pull the card out and run at lower hashrate. (was wandering if it's worth having two saturns instead of one jupiter - besides heating two rooms instead of just one).

b) the advantage of KnC private pool, if implemented right, is kind of immunity to DDoS. as long as attackes have no idea what host/network to DDoS, they can only kill whole Sweden. (yes, there are ways to find out, but if done right, you can hide well). btw. i'm going to run my device at home. i like the advantage of free heat during winter (pretty much means zero electricity costs).
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:16:31 AM

...lolz

Good luck.

All,

I would like to say that EVERYTHING that needs to be done at this point in time for a September delivery has indeed been done.
We are on track for delivery and we know of nothing currently to the contrary.

There is not a single part in our systems that has a longer delivery time than the time we still have available.

Yes that does imply that things that don’t need to be ordered yet have not been ordered. The reason behind that is we simply don’t need to order them yet, We do  have contracts with all suppliers we need to have contracts with Those contracts contain delivery times and the associated order dates by which we must confirm the amounts (and of course pay).

I hope this removes confusion

KnCMiner

Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:46:30 AM

So is it too late for me to pull a refund from BFL and instead invest it into KnC? =/

As of now, it highly seem unlikely I'll receive my miners from BFL by Q1 2014, let alone October which is KnC's "projected" date.  If I made a purchase now with KnC, will I be able to get something before the end of this year?

Your BFL rig will be delivered in 2 weeks.
Seriously though, I'd say there's much better chance of anything from Sweden than BFL this year, and if it's next year ...it's going to be too late for any meaningful returns.

If I didn't have an order now, I'd be waiting for their next gen promised in early next year for a better chance of ROI.
Anything delivered after Nov is going to struggle to be worthwhile most likely. According to this calculator anyway http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ , it may not be right but it's a decent comparison tool IMO. BFL rigs make depressing reading on there if they aren't already hashing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:46:20 AM

No one can answer this for you but yourself.

It would be irresponsible.

As irresponsible as it is for you to ask a group of strangers to make your mind up for you, on the premise you will blame anyone, but yourself for your own decision should deadlines be missed.

Read up, all the info is here, sufficient to make a choice, KnC to their credit have been more open about who hy are and their intentions than any other company and their talent exists.

However, it's upto you to determine your own risk profile and invest funds you are willing to risk. Again, funds you are comfortable risking. As with any other horse here, this is a race, some are more competent, but they are involved in a race.

Make an informed choice, let it be your own, and blame or credit no one but yourself on the other side of September...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:51:16 AM

I can. Yes, and Yes.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:53:28 AM

It would be irresponsible.

As irresponsible as it is for you to ask a group of strangers to make your mind up for you, on the premise you will blame anyone, but yourself for your own decision should deadlines be missed.

Read up, all the info is here, sufficient to make a choice, KnC to their credit have been more open about who hy are and their intentions than any other company and their talent exists.

However, it's upto you to determine your own risk profile and invest funds you are willing to risk. Again, funds you are comfortable risking. As with any other horse here, this is a race, some are more competent, but they are involved in a race.

Make an informed choice, let it be your own, and blame or credit no one but yourself on the other side of September...

There is a zero percentage risk, NO 28mm chips(units)= someone gonna die, I can wait for my unit in jail. People do not borrow money just from banks  Wink

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: