Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:04:57 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 06:07:31 AM by erk

Right but we are talking price comparison for what you can order now. By your assumption bit fury can lower too.
I would imagine the people that have paid 19k and not received their units yet would be pretty pissed off seeing the Oct price down to less than half of what they paid. Obviously Bitfury responded to KNCminer's pricing, let's see what BFL and Avalon do.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:09:41 AM

Alright, how about we reserve this space for talking KNC. I've heard enough Bitfury and BFL chatter for now, thanks.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:21:10 AM

Kano or Ckolivas, have you heard back from KNCMiner?

And also, if can let us in on the subject of those last emails, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:40:10 AM

Kano, thanks for the reply. Any chance you can tell us what that email to KnCMiner was all about?
Yes I can, but at this point I wont.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:52:07 AM

Kano, thanks for the reply. Any chance you can tell us what that email to KnCMiner was all about?
Yes I can, but at this point I wont.
I don't blame you, I think the question was pushy/out of line.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:43:01 AM

I have lots invested in KNC, so here's hoping the technical release they are saying will be out next week is a good one and puts all this FUD to bed.

Where did you see that?

I'm not aware of anything.

That's either admission of guilt wrt your working for KNC or delusions of grandeur wrt your importance in this "project"!

(couldn't resist calling your pompous ejaculation Grin )
greek_hephaestus

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:16:39 PM

Yipyip, in other words, according to kncminer, by "tape-out" they mean to say that the chip is beyond theoretical design, and is now actually in the fabrication (or build it stage as you put it) plant where they make ASIC chips?

Anyone know how long it takes to fab 50 wafers?

Fabrication time for 50 wafers is 25 hours

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:33:25 PM

I have lots invested in KNC, so here's hoping the technical release they are saying will be out next week is a good one and puts all this FUD to bed.

Where did you see that?

That's either admission of guilt wrt your working for KNC or delusions of grandeur wrt your importance in this "project"!

Why are you such a dick? Why are you back? Why are you still flaming a company that has long since proven a lot of your concerns to be baseless trolling? What delusions of grandeur on my part?!

Never once have I said my opinions matter, only ever have I shared them stating people to their own research and share what they find as long as it's factually correct. Unlike your assumptions and attempts to derail, mine apprear to check out, consistently. I hadn't read any communication stating a tech update next week, as publicly there hasn't been anything mentioned. The guy has his wires crossed from a post in June that was re-posted here the other day.

Crawl back under your rock KS, the thread was better without your negativity, which if one plays devils advocate and believes your concern to have been genuine initially prior to pre-orders, bordering on obsessive and weird, is now, weeks later, once they have proven themselves to be a legitimate company, plain underhand and malicious. You're never present in threads for similar offerings by other wannabe ASiC vendoes, and there are plenty to chose from including a few 28nm now, but your focus is and always has been hellbent on seeing KnC fail. If it was balanced and well rounded, it would be welcome and appreciated, but it's clear there is another motive, so for me at least you're on ignore. You are only here to stir the pot, specifically KnCs, or your time spent would be as equally relevant in defaming competing companies.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:50:55 PM

Guys, I have a few questions, so would be grateful if you can clarify them
1 - If prices for the miners are in USD and I would like to pay with bank transfer, then I guess the only way is international wire transfer? Can you pay with SEPA or it is only for payments in EURO?
2 - In order to save money on bank fees and exchange rates do you think it is allowed to use a money transfer services such as TransferWise - I send EURO to them, they convert to USD and send it to KNCMiner?
3 - Do you think there is any advantage of splitting a large order (2x Jupiters and 1x Saturn) into 3 separate orders?
4 - Do you think there is any difference in placing an order now or in 3 weeks in regards to delivery? Will there be a shipping queue with few units being sent daily or all early pre-orders will be shipped in September and everything else in October (if all goes as planned)?

Thank you in advance for all you replies Smiley
KS

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:58:24 PM

Where did you see that?

Why are you such a dick? Why are you back? Why are you still flaming a company that has long since proven a lot of your concerns to be baseless trolling? What delusions of grandeur on my part?!

Never once have I said my opinions matter, only ever have I shared them stating people to their own research and share what they find as long as it's factually correct. Unlike your assumptions and attempts to derail, mine apprear to check out, consistently. I hadn't read any communication stating a tech update next week, as publicly there hasn't been anything mentioned. The guy has his wires crossed from a post in June that was re-posted here the other day.

Crawl back under your rock KS, the thread was better without your negativity, which if one plays devils advocate and believes your concern to have been genuine initially prior to pre-orders, bordering on obsessive and weird, is now, weeks later, once they have proven themselves to be a legitimate company, plain underhand and malicious. You're never present in threads for similar offerings by other wannabe ASiC vendoes, and there are plenty to chose from including a few 28nm now, but your focus is and always has been hellbent on seeing KnC fail. If it was balanced and well rounded, it would be welcome and appreciated, but it's clear there is another motive, so for me at least you're on ignore. You are only here to stir the pot, specifically KnCs, or your time spent would be as equally relevant in defaming competing companies.

Like I said, that was a pompous comment on your part.

The other threads are doing fine and need none of my "negativity". You, OTOH, hit the wall as soon as you think KNCMINER is being "attacked". In this instance, I wasn't referring to them, per se, I was making fun of you. And you still hit the wall about KNCMINER Grin

Notice how I haven't said anything in the other threads where you actually prove useful? Wink
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:05:08 PM

Guys, I have a few questions, so would be grateful if you can clarify them
1 - If prices for the miners are in USD and I would like to pay with bank transfer, then I guess the only way is international wire transfer? Can you pay with SEPA or it is only for payments in EURO?
2 - In order to save money on bank fees and exchange rates do you think it is allowed to use a money transfer services such as TransferWise - I send EURO to them, they convert to USD and send it to KNCMiner?
3 - Do you think there is any advantage of splitting a large order (2x Jupiters and 1x Saturn) into 3 separate orders?
4 - Do you think there is any difference in placing an order now or in 3 weeks in regards to delivery? Will there be a shipping queue with few units being sent daily or all early pre-orders will be shipped in September and everything else in October (if all goes as planned)?

Thank you in advance for all you replies Smiley

SEPA is €uro only payment. Within three weeks, fingers crossed they may announce chip spec and state it's in their possession, if you are happy to wait a little longer and be ready to make payment as and when that news is out, presumably amongst others waiting you may feel safer.

Can you not pay by credit card, dependant on your issuing bank you have greater protection, even with debit card you have Paypal's 45 day protection window which should cover you for at least the above news, giving you a full six weeks.

Bank transfer offers no protection, which is why it's not my preferred choice, but email KnC direct about Transferwise, they answer promptly, just share what you find, it might help others.

If all goes 'well as planned' the difference would clearly be an earlier order spot, whether that is significant or not no one knows as and when others decide to purchase. Some may wish to wait for definite confirmation from KnC, some may feel secure with Paypal's 45 days lasting until almost the end of September,

This link explains SEPA, it also mentions other currency paymetpnt options on the left, inc. the US dollar.

http://www.international-payments.co.uk/Eurozone-SEPA-Payments/4

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:18:07 PM

There are a few conclusions we can draw from those disturbing pictures.

1. Sam is a really nice person who tries to be amicable with everyone including dirtbags, like Josh and Avalon.

2. He befriended them, so he could pee in their drinks, hence his big grin.

Or the dreaded

3. He's going to hope on the delay train.

I would consider this no different than seeing reps from Dell and HP at a tech convention. I'm sure that both BFL and KnC were there for the same reasons - they're looking for customers, investors, partnerships. There haven't been too many conventions - it's hardly surprising for them to attend.

I was there, I briefly 'met' Sonny from BFL - that didn't change anything for me any more than seeing a pic of Sam with his competition. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with Sam though!

KS

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:21:41 PM

SEPA is €uro only payment.

SEPA regulates bank transfers (fee + delay) denominated in Euro between EU banks, using IBAN + BIC information.

However, if you have, say, a USD-denominated account in a EU bank, you should still use the IBAN + BIC codes to makes a transfer to another EU bank, the difference is that the transfer fee/delay is not regulated by the SEPA agreement (but you risk paying even more if you don't use IBAN+BIC).

edit: additionally, you could send USD from your EUR bank account, the bank will do the exchange (usually add 2 days delay), OR you could send the EUR amount to a USD denominated account (and pray their exchange rate is the same or better than yours), all of this still using the basic SEPA mechanism of IBAN+BIC information (SEPA is the name of the agreement, not the method which is IBAN + BIC).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area
CYPER

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:24:55 PM

SEPA regulates bank transfers (fee + delay) denominated in Euro between EU banks, using IBAN + BIC information.

However, if you have, say, a USD-denominated account in a EU bank, you should still use the IBAN + BIC codes to makes a transfer to another EU bank, the difference is that the transfer fee/delay is not regulated by the SEPA agreement (but you risk paying even more if you don't use IBAN+BIC).

So KNCMiner require the incoming payment to be in USD, which means I have to convert whatever currency I have in my bank account to USD before sending it, right?
In that case the payment would not fall within the scope of SEPA, correct?

I'm confused because my bank has 2 categories for international payments with different fees, so which service do I use?
Outgoing transfers :
a) Ordered by clients of FIBank with a SPOT value date (2 working days after the day of the order) - 0.15%, min. EUR 15, max. EUR 200
b) for on-line transfers in EUR to countries from European Economic Area with indicated BIC and IBAN of the beneficiary and with shared transfer expenses (SHA):
- for amounts up to EUR 10,000 EUR 60
- for amounts from EUR 10,000 up to EUR 25,000 EUR 110
- for amounts from EUR 25,000 up to EUR 50,000 EUR 200
- for amounts above EUR 50,000 EUR 280
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:28:08 PM

So KNCMiner require the incoming payment to be in USD, which means I have to convert whatever currency I have in my bank account to USD before sending it, right?

They chose USD as they didn't want to handle multiple currency exchange rates making an account planning nightmare at their end, and knew they had to offer a payment means besides BTC for pre-orders. USD being the most common, or they would have used their preferred choice, Swedish Krona. Sweden is part of the EU, like the UK, and like the UK have not joined the Eurozone preferring instead to keep their sovereignty.

USD bank transfer is separate to SEPA.

KS

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:31:57 PM

Correct. (Sorry, I was editing my previous post before seeing your message.) You can normally send EUR for USD or USD for USD from your bank, using IBAN+BIC (maybe from your online banking site, definitely if you go to your local branch).

Anyway, best for you to drop KNCMINER a line (sales@kncminer.com) and ask them directly.
KS

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:40:35 PM

I'm confused because my bank has 2 categories for international payments with different fees, so which service do I use?
Outgoing transfers :
a) Ordered by clients of FIBank with a SPOT value date (2 working days after the day of the order) - 0.15%, min. EUR 15, max. EUR 200
b) for on-line transfers in EUR to countries from European Economic Area with indicated BIC and IBAN of the beneficiary and with shared transfer expenses (SHA):
- for amounts up to EUR 10,000 EUR 60
- for amounts from EUR 10,000 up to EUR 25,000 EUR 110
- for amounts from EUR 25,000 up to EUR 50,000 EUR 200
- for amounts above EUR 50,000 EUR 280

Call you local branch and ask them for a quote. You know the amount of USD to send, you can check the cost then (xe.com for exchange rates).

Alternatively, I would suggest (if you have the time to get verified) to open an account at Bitstamp.net (a BTC exchange) with great EUR-USD exchange rates (and you can make SEPA deposits) - also useful for selling your BTC in the future. Transfer money, buy BTC and pay KNCMINER in BTC through BitPay.

I know it's cheaper for me (taking into account the various fees  along the way) than using my main bank for EUR/USD exchange, but your mileage may vary.

edit: of course, paying in BTC pretty much guarantees you'll lose your money (i.e. no Paypal/CC buyer protection) if KNCMINER is a bust.
CYPER

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:53:47 PM

Call you local branch and ask them for a quote. You know the amount of USD to send, you can check the cost then (xe.com for exchange rates).

Alternatively, I would suggest (if you have the time to get verified) to open an account at Bitstamp.net (a BTC exchange) with great EUR-USD exchange rates (and you can make SEPA deposits) - also useful for selling your BTC in the future. Transfer money, buy BTC and pay KNCMINER in BTC through BitPay.

I know it's cheaper for me (taking into account the various fees  along the way) than using my main bank for EUR/USD exchange, but your mileage may vary.

edit: of course, paying in BTC pretty much guarantees you'll lose your money (i.e. no Paypal/CC buyer protection) if KNCMINER is a bust.

I will call them tomorrow as they don't work on weekends to verify my findings anyway.
I am MTGox and Bitstamp verified and was thinking about paying in BTC, but don't like the idea of zero protection in case of a bust Smiley
Not that direct bank transfer is much more secure, but still there are records and there can be consequences in relation to these records Smiley
And direct bank transfer is not that expensive according to their tariff - 0.15%, min. EUR 15, max. EUR 200 + compulsory SWIFT messages, which is EUR 10 per page.
KS

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:06:27 PM

I will call them tomorrow as they don't work on weekends to verify my findings anyway.
I am MTGox and Bitstamp verified and was thinking about paying in BTC, but don't like the idea of zero protection in case of a bust Smiley
Not that direct bank transfer is much more secure, but still there are records and there can be consequences in relation to these records Smiley
And direct bank transfer is not that expensive according to their tariff - 0.15%, min. EUR 15, max. EUR 200 + compulsory SWIFT messages, which is EUR 10 per page.

-0.15% of the *SPOT* price (theirs I would think, not FOREX), 2 days after you send.

I know that Bitstamp is about 4% cheaper (!) for me on the SPOT... (ex: I would get 1.26 for USD at my bank and 1.31 at Bitstamp).
CYPER

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:18:13 PM

-0.15% of the *SPOT* price (theirs I would think, not FOREX), 2 days after you send.

I know that Bitstamp is about 4% cheaper (!) for me on the SPOT... (ex: I would get 1.26 for USD at my bank and 1.31 at Bitstamp).

It's irrelevant, because in order to get money into Bitstamp I need to do a SEPA transfer, which is even more expensive: 110 euros fixed fee for for amounts from EUR 10,000 up to EUR 25,000
And even if it was free to do a SEPA transfer I would have used TransferWise, which are probably cheaper than Bitstamp?

At the moment just for comparison 10000 euros = 13,214.93USD in KNCMiner bank account.
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: