Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:59:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
superfluouso

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:37:28 PM

Can anyone tell me a simple way to figure out how many pages of posts deleting just TWO people from this entire thread would eliminate?   There are 232 pages now and predominately it seems to be two people but I would love to know just how much of the 232 pages they are actually responsible for.    If there was some simple tool to do that, I would like to use it on some other threads too.

Well we all know you are at least responsible for one useless posts (Two if you count forcing me to post this because of your worthless post)

I'll add a third.  This forum could use separate sub forums for each ASIC company (KNC, CoinTerra, etc).  This thread has about 5 or more topics brought up just making the whole thing a mess except for those of us following since the beginning.  I don't understand all these pious remarks towards new members looking for information - I can't blame them not wanting to wade through page after page of trivial posts offering little info -we've brought this on ourselves.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:40:55 PM

Is it worth even a day delay for you to get a box from Sweden to have it all set up for you? Versus them just boxing it and you doing it?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of KNCs orders are from people who got caught up in the April/May craze and are now way out of their element chasing the so called "free money".  In which case, hosting and pre-configured units would be a god-send.

1.  If the miners are tested/burnt in before shipping, the overhead of setup/plugin you're describing is already covered.
2.  You're assuming one guy doing everything -- not how companies are run.
3.  If the miner is being hosted, there's no question of an "extra day of setup etc." -- you save the entire shipping time & cost.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:43:24 PM

Is it worth even a day delay for you to get a box from Sweden to have it all set up for you? Versus them just boxing it and you doing it?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of KNCs orders are from people who got caught up in the April/May craze and are now way out of their element chasing the so called "free money".  In which case, hosting and pre-configured units would be a god-send.

remember as soon as they pre-config and test your miner it goes to your account..  so everyone will get a brief 'hosting' before they ship it out

not sure how long they will let each miner 'bake' but they will let us know when they get to that part.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:51:32 PM

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Makes sense to watch your pool account for a little spike! Good thinking Mate!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:55:01 PM

No dude, there's a troll attempting to insinuate that I've fraudulently misrepresented consumer payment protection, which I never have.
No, you want to (possibly, until verified by an ACTUAL lawyer) abuse consumer protection as stipulated by s75 by misrepresenting yourself as a business (according to the T&C you accept by purchasing from the seller) vis-à-vis the seller (here, KNCMINER).

His next attack is that I've fraudulently misrepresented a UK consumer protection law, section 75 as being universally applicable to all countries, which I never have.
No, I'm saying your argument that even if you agree to the T&C and pose as a business, you are still protected as a consumer (under s75 in the UK) does not work in other countries and thus I doubt it also works in the UK and so you should have that double checked by a real lawyer (and not a CC phone operator who will probably have left that job 3 months from now, as these jobs have a high turnover)

His final attack is to suggest KnC are fraudulently trying to deceive us all by changing our purchase to that of a business expense over a consumer one (...)
No, this is not fraudulent, just scammy (they're simply trying to avoid consumer laws and other CE certifications while knowingly sellingto consumers).

(...) and that I'm too dumb to appreciate a difference (...)
No, well... yes.

(...) and require a lawyer (...)
Yes

to Google the damn answer for me.
No, you yourself have done enough damage as is by abusing Google in a clueless fashion. Lawyers don't Google answers, they use the code books and search for precedents/cases at the tribunal (Google does not have access to this data).

Oh wait there is one other layer, that clarification on consumer rights and statutory rights when applied to a business sale is not sufficient when published on an official UK Government website.
No, it's not sufficient, ESPECIALLY when those are DRAFT documents. Do you even know the difference between a draft and an actual law?

If you think that's a waste of time, I certainly hope you have conducted your own research applicable to where you live, because I'm only responsible for undertaking due diligence that applies to me, as you are to you.
Finally something sensible.

Rest assured KS really cares for you (...)
Weird as that might seem to you, I actually do.

(...) seeing as he's trolled this thread from it's near conception(...)
I'm mainly trolling you, since your brain's just shut down when it comes to KNCMINER.

and hasn't purchased a thing,
Yes, that's because I think they are a scammy/greedy bunch. Their M.O. is obvious to me, not to you apparently. That doesn't mean they won't be a success (hell, they already are). I choose to support a different kind of individuals.

yet has forgone all his own pearls of wisdom when purchasing elsewhere in this very forum (...)
Again, you're talking out of your backside. I chose to support a grassroots industry because Bitcoin needs diversification and not everyone can afford to spend 2000 USD on a miner, let alone 7000. (not even you can, from what I gather)

(...) and may well get burnt unless bulk chips are sent pronto.
Yes, this is correct. That's why I used "play/investment" money. It looked like a decent bet at the time, but don't worry for me, I think it'll be a wash.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:10:23 PM

If KNC really had tapeout or a successful tapeout or had even a final design they would have posted pictures or more updates with specs of the chip ie. temps, speed, etc. This would boost sales as it would instill confidence in them meeting there timeline and they would not have to resort to marketing tactics like 5% discounts. They are most likely going to be late.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:17:00 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 10:07:50 PM by erk

Development progress

While we wait for the chips to finish production, we have some news on the development progress, and it’s good news. We have been continuously testing our design to get the best out of the chips. We would like to say, that while the spec of Jupiter will remain a guaranteed minimum 400 GH/s we can confirm that we are expecting to be over that mark by a considerable margin.
Sounds promising.

November pricing

With difficulty increasing the way it is, we would like to give an indication of a November price drop. Currently all orders placed and paid for will ship in October, and yes, we still have space within October for more orders. However, as soon as this is no longer the case we will adjust our prices for November accordingly.

To give you an indication on the forthcoming price drop a Jupiter device will cost less than 5000 USD. More information will follow on this when October shipping becomes full.

Slightly confusing, what it sounds like is when all the first chip batch is sold out there will be a price reduction, which make sense as many of the upfront costs are non-recurring for the second batch.

DrJoeGrine

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:23:58 PM

If KNC really had tapeout or a successful tapeout or had even a final design they would have posted pictures or more updates with specs of the chip ie. temps, speed, etc. This would boost sales as it would instill confidence in them meeting there timeline and they would not have to resort to marketing tactics like 5% discounts. They are most likely going to be late.

Strange, the latest that they told was that they are actually ahead of schedule.

Who am I going to believe? I'm so torn.....

Its ok Bar, I also have a KNC order and hope they will deliver on time but they would show proof if they did instead of words. Whats that old saying, A picture is worth a thousand words. Either way positivity is best but I am not getting my hopes up. BFL has scarred me too much. Bitfury is doing a great job though with proof of there timeline and prototype. I feel more secure that my BF rig will ship on time.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:43:06 PM

Hi Jimmy3dita

I tried to do some research on you and get some understanding of your motervations

Armchair detectives Grin

Dude, nothing personal with you or Phoenix, but it's clear that we have on one side true entrepreneurs, that have already evaluated (eventually taken like you) the risks of investing on the whole Bitcoin mining thing, opposed by guys trying the big catch, that simply risk to get screwed if their money-printing thingie isn't delivered in time. And I can see many of them around this forum (again, nothing personal).

I really appreciate the work of people like Bitcoinorama (and you when you managed to talk with Andreas) but the whole point is about business. It's clear (from the price tag) that Knc has pofessional products for business oriented mining.

I apologize for tagging the "exchange mining wallet" as bs (my fault, no drugs involved), but I hardly understand why so many pages are there with fuss about consumer laws, chargebacks and scam vs shill - when any other business out there is about investing money and getting only an hard lesson back if sometihing went wrong.

Imho we should stop watching Knc (and the whole Bitcoin thing) from a consumer perspective.

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:13:35 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 10:52:55 PM by Phoenix1969

Stunned here. Apology happily accepted. We all have our moments, I'm no angel myself.
I totally agree on avoiding the consumer perspective, because it has an expected ROI. As for everyone worrying about refunds, I pretty much don't worry about because that was part of the original risk; although I'm still comfy with my position. Smiley

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
NoDisco

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:43:24 PM

I think the main thing many people are missing here is knc are doing things... SWEDISH STYLEEEEE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wu3Bps9ic&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL4B2CBC4A35E0E224
Bitcoin is served - bitches
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:49:51 PM

I think the main thing many people are missing here is knc are doing things... SWEDISH STYLEEEEE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wu3Bps9ic&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL4B2CBC4A35E0E224
Bitcoin is served - bitches

You're right, it's been ages since an appearance of something relating to Swedish engineering, so;

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:16:57 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 11:43:41 PM by Phoenix1969

my all-time favorite Swedish invention being the Imbert Gasifier. (making one) http://knowledgepublications.com/hydrogen/hydrogen_generator_gas_vol_3_4_detail.htm
some of my build pics (ones I could find straight away) http://imgur.com/a/cY9md
The plan is to get this running a genset to offset my .43 elec on the miners.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:52:43 PM

Hi Jimmy3dita

I tried to do some research on you and get some understanding of your motervations

Armchair detectives Grin

Dude, nothing personal with you or Phoenix, but it's clear that we have on one side true entrepreneurs, that have already evaluated (eventually taken like you) the risks of investing on the whole Bitcoin mining thing, opposed by guys trying the big catch, that simply risk to get screwed if their money-printing thingie isn't delivered in time. And I can see many of them around this forum (again, nothing personal).

I really appreciate the work of people like Bitcoinorama (and you when you managed to talk with Andreas) but the whole point is about business. It's clear (from the price tag) that Knc has pofessional products for business oriented mining.

I apologize for tagging the "exchange mining wallet" as bs (my fault, no drugs involved), but I hardly understand why so many pages are there with fuss about consumer laws, chargebacks and scam vs shill - when any other business out there is about investing money and getting only an hard lesson back if sometihing went wrong.

Imho we should stop watching Knc (and the whole Bitcoin thing) from a consumer perspective.

Thanks for the giggle. Really funny. Watch out Donald Trump. Smiley)

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
AussiePete

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:06:33 AM

Hi Jimmy3dita

Good morning ..........It was refreshing to hear your reply.........good for you .

There's a lot I still need to understand about wallets and such .....so I cant comment .... but with friends like Phoenix   and maybe even you , I  think I will get good direction by September .

I think we all have to learn to take the good with the bad .......sure there's some annoying comments on here , like most forums ...........but as a complete novice , I got a lot more understanding from most of these guys (granted you have to sift through some crap)

A critical point in business is to have some form plan for when things go wrong . My main form of risk management (especially when I  purchase on line) is using my Mastercard. ....2 years ago I was ripped off $2500 on an USA  purchase . Within 2 days of filing a complaint with mastercard , I had my monies back in my account .........there is a international banking agreement with about 30 countries under MC which empowers your bank to reach out and create a dispute and immediatley take the funds back ......The ownice is on the seller to prove the purchaser is being fraudulent .

Anyways, thanks for your reply , I appreciate you being upfront

Cheers ......Pete
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:10:33 AM

my all-time favorite Swedish invention being the Imbert Gasifier. (making one) http://knowledgepublications.com/hydrogen/hydrogen_generator_gas_vol_3_4_detail.htm
some of my build pics (ones I could find straight away) http://imgur.com/a/cY9md
The plan is to get this running a genset to offset my .43 elec on the miners.

You should make a thread on it. Be a cool project to follow.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:34:34 AM

A critical point in business is to have some form plan for when things go wrong . My main form of risk management (especially when I  purchase on line) is using my Mastercard. ....2 years ago I was ripped off $2500 on an USA  purchase . Within 2 days of filing a complaint with mastercard , I had my monies back in my account .........there is a international banking agreement with about 30 countries under MC which empowers your bank to reach out and create a dispute and immediatley take the funds back ......The ownice is on the seller to prove the purchaser is being fraudulent .

which is why sellers want to use btc more and more.. reputation systems and escrow can replace all the scam & hassles

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:41:50 AM

You should make a thread on it. Be a cool project to follow.
I'll post a vid when its complete or finished... and a brief distraction on that...

Difference between "Complete" and "Finished"

No dictionary has ever been able to define the difference between "complete" and "finished". However, in a linguistic conference, held in London England, and attended by some of the best linguistics in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese was the clever winner.
His final challenge was this: Some say there is no difference between "complete" and "finished".
Judges.. Please explain the difference in a way that is easy to understand.
His response was: When you marry the right woman, you are "complete". If you marry the wrong woman, you are "finished". And, when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are "completely finished".

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:57:40 PM

It has begun!

That's craaaazy. It's practically like

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:58:07 PM

It has begun!

That's craaaazy. It's practically like

Lol!! Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: