Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:45:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:20:01 PM

If you were referring to shady "shares of the resulting miner" arrangements or somesuch, nevermind you're on your own.

Obviously I'm referring to that issue Smiley
I'll order though you and then what happens?

If you order through someone who has an affiliate link you still buy through the merchants site as usual, just the referral link is acknowledged and a tally is kept for the affiliate salesperson. As per KnC's deal for every 10 sales they have a unit equal to 10% of that hashpower they have resold.

There is nothing that effects you, your purchase, or your consumer rights.

There's no greater risk buying through an affiliate, but if I personally get paid I'm seen as a scumbag, so would rather sit it out. Peace.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:23:54 PM

Just for the record bitcoinorama, your open day Q&A has been a huge impact on me and my decision to purchase from KNC. I really do appreciate all the time and effort you put in helping us out. Forget about all the idiots on the internet, what does there opinion even matter anyway right?

Thanks again for your help, you are appreciated!!!!! ill send some BTC your way shortly as a tip for sure.
CYPER

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:26:16 PM

If you were referring to shady "shares of the resulting miner" arrangements or somesuch, nevermind you're on your own.

If you order through someone who has an affiliate link you still buy through the merchants site as usual, just the referral link is acknowledged and a tally is kept for the affiliate salesperson. As per KnC's deal for every 10 sales they have a unit equal to 10% of that hashpower they have resold.

There's no greater risk buying through an affiliate, but if I personally get paid I'm seen as a scumbag, so would rather sit it out. Peace.

Dude, are you sleepy again?
You are explaining to me how much is 2+2.
I'm perfectly aware of this.
I'm just looking for a way to capitalize on the reseller program by sharing the expected dividends.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:31:52 PM

Dude, are you sleepy again?
You are explaining to me how much is 2+2.
I'm perfectly aware of this.
I'm just looking for a way to capitalize on the reseller program by sharing the expected dividends.

Ah...sorry...zzz.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CYPER

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:43:43 PM

I was making a basic comparison between KNC Hosting and Home Hosting and here are the results (they are based on delivery to UK).

Jupiter Hosting 6 Months costs = $2200 = ~ £1400
Delivery and 6 months hosting at home
£120 (Good quality PSU for example Corsair HX850)
£80 - Delivery
£550 - Power costs for 6 months
£150 - Missed revenue during transit based on 150 mil difficulty and ~ $100 for 1 BTC. Probably it will be even less for October deliveries.

So in my opinion it is not worth it to purchase hosting unless you want the quickest response in case of a fault.
ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:44:27 PM

With regards to tracking an idea comes to mind.  I was planning on putting a gprs modem in the router for the racks of machines to act as a backup internet connection.  $40 USD for prepaid sim card that charges $2 USD a day when active and $60 for the modem.  But the modem also has GPS.  One could easily have it not only fail over to the GPRS but also beacon the GPS location.

Again, I'm not worried about theft from a data center.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:52:08 PM

That won't be enough. For Jupiter you would need to have at least HX1050 PSU (or better) to be on the safe side. ($240, £155)

Also, you forgot import taxes. Wink At least for Norway, that's 25% of the unit cost. Don't know about Sweden->UK

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:02:41 PM

With regards to tracking an idea comes to mind.  I was planning on putting a gprs modem in the router for the racks of machines to act as a backup internet connection.  $40 USD for prepaid sim card that charges $2 USD a day when active and $60 for the modem.  But the modem also has GPS.  One could easily have it not only fail over to the GPRS but also beacon the GPS location.

You may want to verify that you will have reception.  Datacenters tend to be wireless unfriendly.  I don't mean by policy, I mean by physics.  Lots of concrete, wiring, and steel.  Most datatcenters today use water cooled CRACs mounted on the roof so there is another couple tons of steel and water between your modem and the tower. 
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:03:20 PM

That won't be enough. For Jupiter you would need to have at least HX1050 PSU (or better) to be on the safe side. ($240, £155)

Also, you forgot import taxes. Wink At least for Norway, that's 25% of the unit cost. Don't know about Sweden->UK

Sadly the biggest worry on shipment would be customs if anyone has been following the Avalon chip hostage crisis...

I would be driving to the customs office pronto on first hint of any delays

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
CYPER

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:06:17 PM

I'm 99% positive it will be enough. I don't expect Jupiter to consume more than 900W and this specific PSU have a headroom for more than 1000W

Check THIS review:
A quote from it:
Finally in test 7 the HX850W was hooked up to both of our load testing machines to try and bring the unit to its knee's. Did I manage it?...did I hell! With 21A on both the +3.3v and +5v rails and 73A on the +12v rail the PSU was still laughing at me while delivering rock solid voltages. That's 1084W by the way, 234W more than what it says on the box!
And this one: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=153

No taxes of dispatches within the EU Smiley
I though Norway was part of EU, but I was wrong: The non-EU member states of Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland participate in the single market but not in the customs union.
CYPER

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

Sadly the biggest worry on shipment would be customs if anyone has been following the Avalon chip hostage crisis...

I would be driving to the customs office pronto on first hint of any delays

Feels so good to be in the EU right now and so close to Sweden. I would expect to have a 1 day delivery straight to my door Smiley
ultrix

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:18:22 PM

With regards to tracking an idea comes to mind.  I was planning on putting a gprs modem in the router for the racks of machines to act as a backup internet connection.  $40 USD for prepaid sim card that charges $2 USD a day when active and $60 for the modem.  But the modem also has GPS.  One could easily have it not only fail over to the GPRS but also beacon the GPS location.

You may want to verify that you will have reception.  Datacenters tend to be wireless unfriendly.  I don't mean by policy, I mean by physics.  Lots of concrete, wiring, and steel.  Most datatcenters today use water cooled CRACs mounted on the roof so there is another couple tons of steel and water between your modem and the tower. 

This is true, however, the data center I already signed a contract for to host these has reception.   And to be clear, the GPS supports AGPS as most GSM/GPS combos do.  Unfortunately I don't know how they'll feel about what will likely become a grotesque effort in cable management for the PSU wiring.  In light of the external power supply blunder of KNC miner, I ordered a Supermicro 1400W 1U PSU to see if I could retrofit it to a molex ATX connector.   If so, the internals of the case would look cobbled, with the PSU being mounted to the wall and the power coming out the front and back into the lower panel.   But at least it eliminates the possibility of the data center commenting on how unsightly the power looks sitting on trays with the cabinet door removed.

Also to those saying "external means less heat inside the case".  Yes this is true, however it is < 100W with modern ATX supplies and typically something engineered around, requiring no more than a day of setup in OpenFOAM and 10 minutes of simulation per iteration.  Currently in our primary data center (not the one chosen for hosting btc miners), we have racks of quad E5-4650's, each pulling ~1kw per RU.  The power supply is internal and air streams are baffled internally at the fans to allow sufficient cooling.  We rarely see temperatures > 70C on the CPUs, although a defective CPU once yielded 85C and was decommissioned.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:32:11 PM

There is no reason to buy a single huge expensive ATX for the Jupiter.
You can achieve the same or better results using two smaller Power units, which cost less than a single Biggie.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:33:31 PM

If when they get the chips they'll start hashing and shipping, should they not have the boards already?  Or are they going to get the chips and do further testing and then construct the boards?  The reason I ask, is because BFL had numerous problems with parts related to their boards.  (I realize they are no benchmark for precision, but still)  Some components were too hot and had to be replaced, the power drain ended up being much higher than expected, and lord knows what else since getting information out of them is next to impossible.  But even the Klondike boards and such have taken quite awhile to spec out with known information about what they were getting in.  So I am just curious how this process works.  Do they have the boards already?  And if so, are there any pictures of them I can look at?  If not, how long does it usually take to get the boards built for something like this?

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:37:30 PM

If when they get the chips they'll start hashing and shipping, should they not have the boards already?  Or are they going to get the chips and do further testing and then construct the boards?  The reason I ask, is because BFL had numerous problems with parts related to their boards.  (I realize they are no benchmark for precision, but still)  Some components were too hot and had to be replaced, the power drain ended up being much higher than expected, and lord knows what else since getting information out of them is next to impossible.  But even the Klondike boards and such have taken quite awhile to spec out with known information about what they were getting in.  So I am just curious how this process works.  Do they have the boards already?  And if so, are there any pictures of them I can look at?  If not, how long does it usually take to get the boards built for something like this?

They said in their last announcement pictures of the PCB will be coming end of next week.
tempestb

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:40:52 PM

Ah. thank you sir.

CYPER

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:41:28 PM

You can achieve the same or better results using two smaller Power units, which cost less than a single Biggie.

What PSU will you recommend then?
In my opinion Seasonic and Corsair make the best ones, but other brands are good too - Antec, Enermax, Coolermaster, OCZ, Silverstone Smiley
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:44:14 PM

What PSU will you recommend then?
In my opinion Seasonic and Corsair make the best ones, but other brands are good too - Antec, Enermax, Coolermaster, OCZ, Silverstone Smiley
I used Amazon, and ended up with several Corsair "Builder's series" 600 watt ATX's for about 50 dollars each. I also ordered them two weeks ago, to avoid the "ATX Hunt Rush" that will surely ensue when there are 4000+ people looking for Power supplies.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
tempestb

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:45:22 PM

Silencer MK III - https://shop.pcpower.com/products/description/Silencer_Mk_III_1200W/index.html

CYPER

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:47:00 PM

That's an overkill unless you want to power 1x Jupiter and 1x Mercury.
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: