Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:06:50 AM

I'm a little lost: have KnC demonstrated working prototypes? Proof of design/chip production? Anything other than a case rendering and website for preorders? At the moment, seems as though they have less credibility than BFL - at least they've shipped something.

Maybe read the thread, or at least the KnC news on their site.
BFL ? KnC will have to keep us waiting for a year from now to get close to them.
There is a KnC post a few pages back, states that they have one main goal...to deliver ASAP and not get into anything that's not needed that may delay that.
The day they have a working prototype will be the day they ship. They skipped that stage to make sure we get something worth having with the steep increase in difficulty. They could wait, add a month to the process and then we'd be dealing with the estimated December delivery of those 2TH Cointerra rigs and god knows what else ...and struggling to break even.
Anyone who waited a year or more for a rig from BFL won't see it return their investment now...KnC are attempting to avoid that situation.
People have spoken to them in person and on the phone, visited them, had replies to questions via email and phone.
Oh..and people have asked for refunds and got them.

You're not lost, you just need to read what's here and maybe email them if you have a question.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:40:30 AM

Hello guys, I wish to share you my analysis over the shipping date:

Basically each 5 days of delay (I've been over-optimistic with the 15th September first delivery) we are going to lose from 11 to 9 XBT.

I'll stand behind the door waiting the UPS guy!  Grin

Charts at this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgSa2BKZz0WudHVlQVc0NmNVaXJEUHdLS090dWptSEE&usp=sharing

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
tinoki

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:51:56 AM

The only question we are concern are the chip production status? Has they already done with the Mask and Wafer??

They themselves also can't seem to answer that questions. Many forum members couldn't be bother, may be they are very rich and couldn't even bother with the difficulty going up daily?

Where are the parts for the miner? is it already in Sweden?

A lot of questions yet to be answer. If they can't deliver by September 2013, they are no better than Butterfly or Avalon sorry to say.

Where are the chips?
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:07:48 AM

None, I am talking about the lack of communication of a business using this venue.

Why KNC should use this topic as a method of communication, when over 95% of its content is filled with posts from people, who have no interest in purchasing a miner? Do you think it is easy to follow a topic that grows 10 pages every day?
What is so difficult in writing an email or calling them and getting answers direct?

KnC promissed weeks ago to publish specific details about the required PSU to work with their design. So far no response has been provided by them.

Can you show me where they promised that?
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:18:19 AM

XBT is the unofficial ISO currency code for Bitcoins.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:33:36 AM

None, I am talking about the lack of communication of a business using this venue.

Why KNC should use this topic as a method of communication, when over 95% of its content is filled with posts from people, who have no interest in purchasing a miner? Do you think it is easy to follow a topic that grows 10 pages every day?
What is so difficult in writing an email or calling them and getting answers direct?

This is basic PR 101...

If KnCminer had kept responding to all valid concerns, 95% of the topic content would never be filled with speculation, repetitive questions and fictional assertions. They would instigate a great level of confidence and trust among the forum participants. This would only attract more and more people interested to become customers. People would discuss directly with the providers of the information and all their doubts would be suppressed as much as possible. This is not rocket science and it works far better than answer every individual message sent by other channels.

Think how much resources are necessary only to call them and get answer for simple questions. It is far better and easy to produce regular announcements and answer similar questions at once than keep answering endless telephone calls and countless e-mail messages.

I agree with the answer your implied in your question. It is really annoying follow a topic being bloated by users like Bitcoinorama at every minute. I really understand why someone would feel exhausted reading this topic. I myself sometimes get completely lost trying to figure out if I missed any news from KnCminer.

Please, understand that my criticism is not directed at people with genuine concerns, except if they decide to resort to personal insults. I will react proportionally if someone try to divert the original subject of my posts to hide the fact that KnCminer is not cultivating a good relationship with their potential customers.

KnC promissed weeks ago to publish specific details about the required PSU to work with their design. So far no response has been provided by them.

Yes, here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237745.msg2520109#msg2520109

Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 10:34:16 AM

Wow, this thread really went to shit. Unwatching it. I hope Knc open another thread for the next announcement.
Indeed.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:43:31 AM

The only question we are concern are the chip production status? Has they already done with the Mask and Wafer??

They themselves also can't seem to answer that questions. Many forum members couldn't be bother, may be they are very rich and couldn't even bother with the difficulty going up daily?

Where are the parts for the miner? is it already in Sweden?

A lot of questions yet to be answer. If they can't deliver by September 2013, they are no better than Butterfly or Avalon sorry to say.

Where are the chips?

The first question was answered. By KnC.
Who cares if the parts are in Sweden? Are they being assembled in Sweden?
KnC have already said they are aware of the difficulty rises and that's why the discount in Nov. They may have other reasons too but that's definitely a part of it.
FFS ..they could delay a year and still be better than BFL ...or have people forgotten that they haven't yet delivered orders from over a year ago and are a) selling chips b) promising a Dec delivery for a new product that will drive a 6 inch nail through their own customers hopes of any returns from their very very late deivered rigs. (Many of which seem not to be hashing because they are breaking like plates at a greek wedding). Oh and the disrespect they show to customers is something else.

Coming here to criticise KnC who have yet to miss a deadline quoting BFL in comparison is laughable.

KnC can answer your questions, but only if you pick up a phone and ask them or email them. They have done so several times. Try that?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
CYPER

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:52:22 AM

This is basic PR 101...

If KnCminer had kept responding to all valid concerns, 95% of the topic content would never be filled with speculation, repetitive questions and fictional assertions. They would instigate a great level of confidence and trust among the forum participants. This would only attract more and more people interested to become customers. People would discuss directly with the providers of the information and all their doubts would be suppressed as much as possible. This is not rocket science and it works far better than answer every individual message sent by other channels.

Think how much resources are necessary only to call them and get answer for simple questions. It is far better and easy to produce regular announcements and answer similar questions at once than keep answering endless telephone calls and countless e-mail messages.

I agree with the answer your implied in your question. It is really annoying follow a topic being bloated by users like Bitcoinorama at every minute. I really understand why someone would feel exhausted reading this topic. I myself sometimes get completely lost trying to figure out if I missed any news from KnCminer.

Please, understand that my criticism is not directed at people with genuine concerns, except if they decide to resort to personal insults. I will react proportionally if someone try to divert the original subject of my posts to hide the fact that KnCminer is not cultivating a good relationship with their potential customers.

Yes, here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237745.msg2520109#msg2520109

Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam

You seem to have your own ideas of how their business should be run, but unfortunately I have neither the time nor the desire to even try to persuade you and change your mind. That would be a complete waste of time Smiley You can only take, but not give by force Smiley

But just a hint: They had a large Technical announcement that consisted of Performance improvements to Jupiter and Saturn and Power usage news.
gkm22d

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:52:32 AM

Will knc's hosting add to the 'unknown' here or will they make their IP known?
http://Blockchain.info/pools

Also, if I were to live in Thailand, is there an easy way to mine through a VPN or tor with their devices?
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:56:40 AM

We are NOT shipping in batches

and we wont publish the order queue sorry.

Sam

Hopefully they will ship based on ordering time queue
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:16:29 AM

You seem to have your own ideas of how their business should be run, but unfortunately I have neither the time nor the desire to even try to persuade you and change your mind. That would be a complete waste of time Smiley You can only take, but not give by force Smiley

You asked questions and I answered. Now you are just pretending that I was trying to tell KnCminer how they should run their business, when in fact, you made the inquire for the answers.

If you do not have time for a discussion, what the fuck are you doing in this forum at all?

But just a hint: They had a large Technical announcement that consisted of Performance improvements to Jupiter and Saturn and Power usage news.

Did they specified what is the best PSU for their equipment? Where this announcement was made after 19th June 2013? I provided you with a link. Please, at least provide a link for the "large Technical announcement" promised. Otherwise you are really just wasting your and my time with your nitpicking questions.

CYPER

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:24:33 AM

You asked questions and I answered. Now you are just pretending that I was trying to tell KnCminer how they should run their business, when in fact, you made the inquire for the answers.

If you do not have time for a discussion, what the fuck are you doing in this forum at all?

Did they specified what is the best PSU for their equipment? Where this announcement was made after 19th June 2013? I provided you with a link. Please, at least provide a link for the "large Technical announcement" promised. Otherwise you are really just wasting your and my time with your nitpicking questions.

Don't let my presence here stop you from asking questions and expecting answers Smiley
Just don't expect to receive these answers from me Smiley
genykm

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:40:18 AM

I've found interesting thing in Russian forum about KNC:

There is line at very bottom of https://www.kncminer.com : "©2013 all images and content copyright KnCMiner AB, org no: 556931-9725"

And there is Sweden business companies registry - http://fi.se

Let's try to search at http://fi.se/Folder-EN/Startpage/Register/Company-register/ by using "KnCMiner" company name or by "556931-9725" registration number, in both cases no one company found.

Hope this registry just incomplete...
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:43:30 AM

Yeah, yeah.

If it is something I am sure is that KnCminer team could care less for the valid questions made by many users in this thread. They are busy, indeed, competing with BFL and Hashfast to advertise in this forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273242.msg2969290#msg2969290

7@9

So there is, 7 slots for 9 BTC each for seven days guaranteed. At the moment that means ~677.95 * 9 =  6101.55 USD, the cost to compensate their lack of communication after they started to receive pre-order funds.

Before to receive pre-order funds: quick responses and ready to sort out all questions.

After to receive pre-order funds: almost no response and ready to spend pre-order funds in advertisements.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:49:21 AM

I've been getting all the response I want via email. Bitching in this forum is the worst way to get answers.
genykm

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:50:00 AM

Never-mind, just wrong site, found them there - http://www.bolagsverket.se/en/us/about/e-services/foretagsfakta
CYPER

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:57:36 AM

I've been getting all the response I want via email. Bitching in this forum is the worst way to get answers.

Haha exactly. The guy has some weird expectation and all he does is keep demanding them here. It's like trying to talk to the band, while screaming at a concert  Grin
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:59:02 AM

There is line at very bottom of https://www.kncminer.com : "©2013 all images and content copyright KnCMiner AB, org no: 556931-9725"

Let's try to search at http://fi.se/Folder-EN/Startpage/Register/Company-register/ by using "KnCMiner" company name or by "556931-9725" registration number, in both cases no one company found.

Look here:

http://www.rating.se/info1/detail/overview/5569319725

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:21:31 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 12:56:34 PM by sickpig

VIES doesn't work properly at the moment for Sweden VAT number, hence the old screenshot

edit 1: to check Sweden VAT number properly you need to append "01"
edit 2: VIES verification is actually working now so you could try yourself  http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/
edit 3: add image tag

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: