Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:52:39 PM

I'm a day 1 customer and I do have respect for them, but in my book in terms of schedule this isn't overdelivering by any means. Even if they are able to give tracking numbers by next monday (which is what I think will happen so they can claim the kept their promise).
Does anyone actually read this forum?

just received mail from KNC:

Dear Daniel,

Your order is expected to ship towards the end of September.

Once the order is shipped you will receive the tracking number.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards
Anna Jagdhar
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

You gotta admit it is cutting pretty damn close.  Maybe they don't have time to stop and take pictures and video.  I'm only hoping that all hands on deck are busy putting orders together for Day1, Day2, Day3.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:52:50 PM

If one worker can assemble 15 machines an hour and they work 12 hours in a day, that's 180 units. Say they have 20 people doing this, that's 3600 units, less 5% loss 3420.

Meanwhile, packing takes less time, as does testing.

Seems viable to accomplish the first 2 days order in one day if you ask me, especially considering they have more assemblers than that, and they (the company owners) will likely work over 24 hours without stop by themselves.

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:55:35 PM

People don't seem to see they only need one working unit by 30th September, slap a picture on the forum - no more refunds. That's all they need to do to cover their back and keep the Sept delivery promise.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:55:43 PM

Still looking for a bet... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3225021#msg3225021

Edit:  Aaand... Crickets.  Betting on a timely delivery is not worth risking a free forum account.  Heavy.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:09:24 PM

Hi Mota.  You seem very sure of yourself.  I propose a gentleman's bet:

If KNC ships as promised, in September, i will publicly apologise to you, on this forum, and forever stop posting on Bitcointalk.org, effective October 1st, 2013.
If KNC fails to ship as promised, in September, *YOU* will publicly  apologise to me, on this forum, and forever stop posting on Bitcointalk.org, effective October 1st, 2013.
Deal? (we can finalize the details in subsequent posts)

Let's be very clear here:
I do not mind trolls in the least. I can actually ignore them most of the time. But spouting some BS on a topic I know and calling oneself experienced in the same sentence does not sit well with me.
I also do not know why you should apologize to me in any way  Huh
Or why I should to you.

Also: I am, in general, very sure of myself. But not of a shipping date of a product not yet fully assembled. I just find it very hard to believe that every troll on this forum got his PhD in Manufacturing Processes, Industrial Engineering and Electrical Engineering in the last few days!

The facts are simple: They told the truth when they said they are still on time (If it was the truth that nothing occured to stop assembly) since they have 5 days left (if they pay overtime for Sunday they even have 6) to manufacture those babies and send them on their way. Even if they finish monday and ship them directly it would still count as shipped in september. So yeah, 6 days effectively to produce and send the first 700+ units.

As a little comparison: In 6 days I could probably check 60-80 Ps3's for errors, reflow them if needed, put a custom Firmware on them, reassemble them and send them on their way to their respective owners. All on my own, at home. So what makes you think that a team of assemblers, with professional equipment and more than a few hours per day to spare, since those lines can run 24/7, are not able to: assemble>solder>qc>mount those 700+ units in 6 days?

Edit: Unlike some others here apparently, I have a private life that needs tending to sometimes. So sorry for my delayed answer.

Edit2: Free account maybe, but since I sell some stuff here too I would need to build a new reputation as a seller. Way too much of a hassle for a silly bet (I still don't get why you chose me though)
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:14:20 PM

Mota - you could save yourself and everyone else on here a lot of unnecceassry posts by pressing that very yellow ignore button next to crumbs name. No rational person here doubts the work you did on an assembly line and how long these things took to do.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
pitchbend

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:19:58 PM

So yeah, 6 days effectively to produce and send the first 700+ units.

Wrong. Effective days of production begin only AFTER receiving the chips!, they have posted a video of a circuit board without chips because they obviously don't have them yet, rest assured the moment they have them in Sweden you'll see pics/videos.
crumbs

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:24:14 PM

If KNC ships as promised, in September, i will publicly apologise to you, on this forum, and forever stop posting on Bitcointalk.org, effective October 1st, 2013.
If KNC fails to ship as promised, in September, *YOU* will publicly  apologise to me, on this forum, and forever stop posting on Bitcointalk.org, effective October 1st, 2013.

Let's be very clear here:
I do not mind trolls in the least. I can actually ignore them most of the time. But spouting some BS on a topic I know and calling oneself experienced in the same sentence does not sit well with me.
I also do not know why you should apologize to me in any way  Huh
Or why I should to you.

Also: I am, in general, very sure of myself. But not of a shipping date of a product not yet fully assembled. I just find it very hard to believe that every troll on this forum got his PhD in Manufacturing Processes, Industrial Engineering and Electrical Engineering in the last few days!

The facts are simple: They told the truth when they said they are still on time (If it was the truth that nothing occured to stop assembly) since they have 5 days left (if they pay overtime for Sunday they even have 6) to manufacture those babies and send them on their way. Even if they finish monday and ship them directly it would still count as shipped in september. So yeah, 6 days effectively to produce and send the first 700+ units.

As a little comparison: In 6 days I could probably check 60-80 Ps3's for errors, reflow them if needed, put a custom Firmware on them, reassemble them and send them on their way to their respective owners. All on my own, at home. So what makes you think that a team of assemblers, with professional equipment and more than a few hours per day to spare, since those lines can run 24/7, are not able to: assemble>solder>qc>mount those 700+ units in 6 days?

Edit: Unlike some others here apparently, I have a private life that needs tending to sometimes. So sorry for my delayed answer.

Edit2: Free account maybe, but since I sell some stuff here too I would need to build a new reputation as a seller. Way too much of a hassle for a silly bet (I still don't get why you chose me though)

In other words, you too have doubts that KNC will be able to simply deliver on time & be true to their promise.  Forget the "underpromise -- overdeliver" cliche?
Then why do you insist on calling other doubters "trolls"?

Edit:  As far as apologies go, that's simply o formality of the proposed wager.  I would apologise to you for doubting your prognosis if KNC ships on time, and vice versa.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:28:27 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 03:38:34 PM by Mota

Wrong. Effective days of production begin only AFTER receiving the chips!, they have posted a video of a circuit board without chips because they obviously don't have them yet, rest assured the moment they have them in Sweden you'll see pics/videos.

@The Avenger: Point taken. Maybe his yellow Button will turn to another colour if everyone presses it Cheesy

As to you, if you had read my 2nd previous comment you would know that partly assembled is still most of the work. Soldering the chips is only a fraction of the work. Depending on their soldering process they could even do most of those in a day.

@Crumbs: Before I put you on ignore:
I don't have doubts. I just don't bet if I know that there is a chance that I can loose. Let's say Sweden gets taken over by Minions and they decide they like those cases as beds - Delay. There can always be unforseen cirumstances.

crumbs

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:39:55 PM

@Crumbs: Before I put you on ignore:
I don't have doubts. I just don't bet if I know that there is a chance that I can loose. Let's say Sweden gets taken over by Minions and they decide they like those cases as beds - Delay. There can always be unforseen cirumstances.

The wording of the bet could include an "Act of God" clause, i'm willing to bend very far to be accommodating.

If by "Minions," OTOH, you mean typical & very foreseeable delays which are a part of every manufacturing process, such as delays in silicon packaging, firmware tweaking, blown power projections necessitating in package/board/cooling redesign, delays in the supply chain, etc., etc. -- i'm afraid i can't bend that far.

Edit:  I would like to make this bet as attractive to you as possible Smiley

"Underpromise -- Overdeliver!"
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:44:55 PM

These things aren't being manufactured on the starship Enterprise, no teleporters or replicators to instantly crate or transport components and they won't be configured by a moaning scottish engineer at the last minute to produce 110% more power either.

In the real world even trivial things take time, especially if you need it to be done well enough.
The list of things left to be done in so few days is not trivial.

And yeah you sarcastic arse, I have years of production manufacturing experience...not in electronics primarily but the principles are the same in general.

I'm reminded of that guy falling from a building who says he's fine all the way down..it's only at the final moment that his optimism and refusal to see what's really going on dawns on him and then it's a bit late.

Yes... Sure... and in your years of manufacturing experience you did not ONCE come across a production line? Seems that way to me. Since I worked part-time, for most of my pre-university education, on a professional manufacturing line and I can tell you from experience that if all parts are available - I (and I was NOT by far the fastest one) could put together more than 8 PCB's per hour, and those were by far more complex than this one. So close that silly mouth of yours and think again what bullshit you want to spout here. Even if they have those assembled in a small manufacturing company with only 10 people working on them they can easily push out more than 1000 PCB's per day. AND who the hell said that they started assembly the moment the video was posted? They could have started 3 days before, or even 5. Who says they started only after all parts were available? At the company I worked we partly assembled all the time and got the job still done. So who the fuck cares if you have years of experience if you don't even know the simplest of processes and how much a single worker bee can do in a day?

Does me picking up count? I could possibly record a video, but I've just received an email to haul ass and catch a plane to Stockholm over the weekend.

I'd say they're looking confident by the tone of it, but I actually like having both of you around the forum though...Mota's cool, and Crumbs you're superb entertainment, when you don't act up too much.

I've certainly enjoyed any retorts we've had over the past months.

Dilemma. Cry

You sure you want this?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
crumbs

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:49:43 PM

These things aren't being manufactured on the starship Enterprise, no teleporters or replicators to instantly crate or transport components and they won't be configured by a moaning scottish engineer at the last minute to produce 110% more power either.

In the real world even trivial things take time, especially if you need it to be done well enough.

And yeah you sarcastic arse, I have years of production manufacturing experience...not in electronics primarily but the principles are the same in general.

I'm reminded of that guy falling from a building who says he's fine all the way down..it's only at the final moment that his optimism and refusal to see what's really going on dawns on him and then it's a bit late.

Yes... Sure... and in your years of manufacturing experience you did not ONCE come across a production line? Seems that way to me. Since I worked part-time, for most of my pre-university education, on a professional manufacturing line and I can tell you from experience that if all parts are available - I (and I was NOT by far the fastest one) could put together more than 8 PCB's per hour, and those were by far more complex than this one. So close that silly mouth of yours and think again what bullshit you want to spout here. Even if they have those assembled in a small manufacturing company with only 10 people working on them they can easily push out more than 1000 PCB's per day. AND who the hell said that they started assembly the moment the video was posted? They could have started 3 days before, or even 5. Who says they started only after all parts were available? At the company I worked we partly assembled all the time and got the job still done. So who the fuck cares if you have years of experience if you don't even know the simplest of processes and how much a single worker bee can do in a day?

Does me picking up count? I could possibly record a video, but I've just received an email to catch a plane over the weekend. I'd say they're looking confident by the tone of it, but I actually like having both of you around the forum though...Mota's cool, and Crumbs you're superb entertainment, when you don't act up too much. I've certainly enjoyed any retorts we've had over the past months. Dilemma  Cry

Yes, you picking up in person would count, if the following week 4 forum members can provide reasonably documented evidence of KNC product hashing (to exclude the possibility of you receiving a prototype board).

Are we on?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:51:10 PM

Does me picking up count? I could possibly record a video, but I've just received an email to catch a plane over the weekend. I'd say they're looking confident by the tone of it, but I actually like having both of you around the forum though...Mota's cool, and Crumbs you're superb entertainment, when you don't act up too much. I've certainly enjoyed any retorts we've had over the past months. Dilemma  Cry

Yes, you picking up in person would count, if the following week 4 forum members can provide reasonably documented evidence of KNC product hashing (to exclude the possibility of you receiving a prototype board).

Are we on?

Crumbs. Don't do this. I actually quite like having you on the forum. You make people think twice about stuff, often reasoned. I implore you to think twice yourself here. Seriously.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:52:58 PM

Does me picking up count? I could possibly record a video, but I've just received an email to haul ass and catch a plane to Stockholm over the weekend.

I'd say they're looking confident by the tone of it, but I actually like having both of you around the forum though...Mota's cool, and Crumbs you're superb entertainment, when you don't act up too much.

I've certainly enjoyed any retorts we've had over the past months.

Dilemma. Cry

You sure you want this?

This weekend? So you will arrive Sept. 29 with one day to spare. Doesn't look like they left much margin for error.  
crumbs

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:53:34 PM

Crumbs. Don't do this. I actually quite like having you on the forum. You make people think twice about stuff, often reasoned. I implore you to think twice yourself here. Seriously.

Thank you, but i'm certain that i would like to take this bet.  We on?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

Whoa. I'm not betting anything. This messengers been shot enough times, thanks, but I've genuinely been asked to be present in person over the course of the weekend, which is before 1st October. If they have a unit working, straight up i'm videoing it, and posting it, unless they do, or as well as. I'm also picking up my mining device, which will hash against my wallet asap, well as soon as I can. Hell i'll use hotel wifi if I have to. I'm telling you not to take the bet with Mota, or anyone for that fact. You're too valuable in highlighting the deceit that exists elsewhere, when you don;t overcook the annoyance with your fascination with colourful ponies, something I don't fully understand. Presumably that means next working day UPS will be making regular appearances, and pick-ups will be commencing. So I doubt i'm the only one that needs to be ready to take time out for this.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:02:07 PM

Whoa. I'm not betting anything.

Chicken!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:05:22 PM

Whoa. I'm not betting anything.

Chicken!

[img]KFC[/ img]

Hold up, i'm about to purchase a flight outbound of the UK. I'm not responsible for incoming air traffic to Sweden, with chips. As such i'm not risking by Bitcointalk account for the sake of a dumb bet, and I don't want crumbs loosing his. If I have a unit this weekend. 4 other people on this forum easily have the next day or two. That's an entire working week of UPS delivering.

crumbs

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:08:15 PM

Whoa. I'm not betting anything. This messengers been shot enough times, thanks, but I've genuinely been asked to be present in person over the course of the weekend, which is before 1st October. If they have a unit working, straight up i'm videoing it, and posting it, unless they do, or as well as. I'm also picking up my mining device, which will hash against my wallet asap, well as soon as I can. Hell i'll use hotel wifi if I have to. I'm telling you not to take the bet with Mota, or anyone for that fact. You're too valuable in highlighting the deceit that exists elsewhere, when you don;t overcook the annoyance with your fascination with colourful ponies, something I don't fully understand. Presumably that means next working day UPS will be making regular appearances, and pick-ups will be commencing. So I doubt i'm the only one that needs to be ready to take time out for this.

Oh well.  Thanks for your concern. Cheesy
P.S:  I also liek birds.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:09:56 PM

Straight up, who here with a first day order is available for a Stockholm pick-up at short notice, even if it's late night Monday?

Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: