Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:20:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
adrd

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:21:23 PM

What if 469GH/s is with 1% of chip working? Are we getting 46,9TH/s devices?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:21:47 PM

I've said this phrase too often, but "Excuse my ignorance", shouldn't CGMiner display the actual mining rate without having to do calculations?
When I look at my erupters mining, it is displaying 333MHash/s each, plain as day. Why not here?
That's because the implementation of the hashrate meter is driver dependent, and in this case, we didn't write the driver. When we do write the driver, the hashrate displayed is the effective valid hashrate only (i.e. not hardware errors).

ahh, and you are planning to do it? will you receive some KNC miner for testing and driver development?
Earlier on knc said they'd engage us early on in the development process... but then didn't, and wrote their own driver for cgminer. I can't predict what they'll do now and how that will impact on whether code will be merged or maintained in cgminer, but I will be asking for them to provide their driver code publicly.
Sigh.
It really wouldn't be that hard for them y'know...

You would probably need a building to power that. or 2
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:22:04 PM

hahahah good one!
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:23:02 PM

I've said this phrase too often, but "Excuse my ignorance", shouldn't CGMiner display the actual mining rate without having to do calculations?
When I look at my erupters mining, it is displaying 333MHash/s each, plain as day. Why not here?
That's because the implementation of the hashrate meter is driver dependent, and in this case, we didn't write the driver. When we do write the driver, the hashrate displayed is the effective valid hashrate only (i.e. not hardware errors).

ahh, and you are planning to do it? will you receive some KNC miner for testing and driver development?
Earlier on knc said they'd engage us early on in the development process... but then didn't, and wrote their own driver for cgminer. I can't predict what they'll do now and how that will impact on whether code will be merged or maintained in cgminer, but I will be asking for them to provide their driver code publicly.

doesnt really matter though right? once you get your hands on one, you can make your own awesome driver anyway....
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:25:25 PM

Unofficially, i'm currently assembling your kit, so cheers whoever gave them the Ikea chair assembly image.

You're welcome  Grin

I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th.
Time for your job interview. Bring a soldering iron, might be like this  Wink

Haha, yeah that was it. They found it very funny. Thanks for that, appreciated! Angry

Wink
No problem.

Let them know I called dibs on the first 1BTC they mined on the 1st jupiter. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3276905#msg3276905

I'm going to frame it and pin it to my wall (metaphorically speaking  Cheesy ).

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:26:29 PM

Has anyone seen the latest statistics from the Jupiter they have mining? It was fluctuating up to 800Ghz AND IS STABLE AT 650!

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo

That could be more than one machine...maybe Jupiter + Mercury? I wouldn't give too much weight to those numbers unless we know that they're only running 1 Jupiter on those workers.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:27:49 PM

doesnt really matter though right? once you get your hands on one, you can make your own awesome driver anyway....
Yes I'll support any device I have myself.

But I don't see confirmation that we'll be given hardware, and I'm not buying one.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:28:23 PM

Yes I'll support any device I have myself.

But I don't see confirmation that we'll be given hardware, and I'm not buying one.

what if i loan you my mercury?
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:29:31 PM

Sigh.

It was likely to fast-track the development/delivery. They were on a razor-thin line to make deadlines and literally cut it by seconds. Delays, even on the software side, would've thrown everything awry. I doubt they didn't want to work with the cgminer team at all, merely they sidestepped the plan at the time. Considering the team will get equipment at some point somehow, it wasn't likely to try and avoid them. Merely, deadlines mattered more.

In some work I've done in the past when it came to deadlines, it was simply easier for me to take something into my own hands and make sure it was checked-off, rather than hand it off to the person it was designated to in the first place. Revisit it in the future, without a doubt.

Has anyone seen the latest statistics from the Jupiter they have mining? It was fluctuating up to 800Ghz AND IS STABLE AT 650!

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo

That could be more than one machine...maybe Jupiter + Mercury? I wouldn't give too much weight to those numbers unless we know that they're only running 1 Jupiter on those workers.

One clue we were given is they were making, on average, 1.4W/gh. It doesn't mean they were limited solely to 500gh or 600gh either. I'd imagine, especially since the chips have built-in failover, you could get much more provided you worked around providing it more power. The machines are using 860w PSU's. Just like with a AM Blade, more power, up the clock = more cycling.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:30:44 PM

Can anyone estimate how many chips per wafer can KnC make?

flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

Sigh.

It was likely to fast-track the development/delivery. They were on a razor-thin line to make deadlines and literally cut it by seconds. Delays, even on the software side, would've thrown everything awry. I doubt they didn't want to work with the cgminer team at all, merely they sidestepped the plan at the time. Considering the team will get equipment at some point somehow, it wasn't likely to try and avoid them. Merely, deadlines mattered more.

In some work I've done in the past when it came to deadlines, it was simply easier for me to take something into my own hands and make sure it was checked-off, rather than hand it off to the person it was designated to in the first place. Revisit it in the future, without a doubt.

One clue we were given is they were making, on average, 1.4W/gh. It doesn't mean they were limited solely to 500gh or 600gh either. I'd imagine, especially since the chips have built-in failover, you could get much more provided you worked around providing it more power. The machines are using 860w PSU's. Just like with a AM Blade, more power, up the clock = more cycling.

So you're saying I should have ordered a 1200W power supply instead of the 850 I'm having delivered tomorrow?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

There'd be no point buying one now - it won't get back it's BTC cost - since difficulty will sky rocket in the next month or so - and they don't want us involved so I can't see one appearing on the doorstep.

(a 200% jump would mean that after that 200% jump, 469GH/s would make 22BTC in 100 days if after that jump it rose 30% each 11 days ... then subtract 850W for 100 days ...)

So ... yeah, except that they are required to provide the source code to anyone with one, that asks for the code, I can't see much else happening.

As a developer I certainly have no interest in giving someone $1000's of dollars to update their driver ... and never get that $1000's back.
That's paying someone when you do work for them - yeah not gonna happen.
I prefer to simply not lose the BTC.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:37:49 PM

Can anyone estimate how many chips per wafer can KnC make?

KNC has never reported the die size.  If someone wants to destroy their new miner and break open the package we could find out real quick.
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:40:30 PM

There'd be no point buying one now - it won't get back it's BTC cost - since difficulty will sky rocket in the next month or so - and they don't want us involved so I can't see one appearing on the doorstep.

(a 200% jump would mean that after that 200% jump, 469GH/s would make 22BTC in 100 days if after that jump it rose 30% each 11 days ... then subtract 850W for 100 days ...)

So ... yeah, except that they are required to provide the source code to anyone with one, that asks for the code, I can't see much else happening.

As a developer I certainly have no interest in giving someone $1000's of dollars to update their driver ... and never get that $1000's back.
That's paying someone when you do work for them - yeah not gonna happen.
I prefer to simply not lose the BTC.

I offered ckolivas my mercury for a couple days to make a better driver if it would help the community.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:46:18 PM

when knc is over with this hash attack the business model of maybe more than one competitor is history. hashfast, cointerra and all the others, that have no product to ship currently ----  you are screwed, aren´t you ?  Kiss
optimator

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:50:15 PM

I hope the API on the KNC machines is the same as on cgminer.  Smiley

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:50:55 PM

when knc is over with this hash attack the business model of maybe more than one competitor is history. hashfast, cointerra and all the others, that have no product to ship currently ----  you are screwed, aren´t you ?  Kiss

Not at all. First of all those companies all sold enough preorders that they have nothing to worry about no matter what happens.

Secondly, as difficulty shoots up, power consumption will become key again. Not exactly KnC's strong suit. If anything, a few months from here its KnC that will have put themselves out of business while the others, assuming they can deliver on their performance/w promises, will still have products that can be sold, even though obviously the margins wont be anywhere near where they are today.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:51:04 PM

Does anybody know what size and weight the shipment of one Jupiter is???
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:53:21 PM

Anybody received a UPS tracking number yet ?

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:53:54 PM

when knc is over with this hash attack the business model of maybe more than one competitor is history. hashfast, cointerra and all the others, that have no product to ship currently ----  you are screwed, aren´t you ?  Kiss

It likely will dry up future sales until they start shipping but both of the companies you listed have enough funds (preorders) to make it to delivery.  However if anyone pulls a BFL and falls on their face there is no ability to bring in more funding by extended preorders and upgrades.  My guess is both HF and Cointerra deliver.   I don't think every ASIC company today will still be here in 2015.   It is relatively easy to make a fortune when difficulty is low, demand is high and margins are 99.9% or higher.  As the difficulty skyrockets, demand falls and margins collapse not every company will make it.
Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: