Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 [778] 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049439 times)
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:51:32 PM

KnC CHOSE ad nauseum

And every one of their customers CHOSE to buy into an unproven company in an unproven market. Do you cry to Best Buy when you bleed from buying a Cutting Edge 4k TV and there's no content widely available? Probably so, nm.

Depends: Did it get delivered on time so that I could have used my 4k receiver and my PS with it? (Which I bought extra for it?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:53:10 PM

KnC CHOSE ad nauseum

And every one of their customers CHOSE to buy into an unproven company in an unproven market. Do you cry to Best Buy when you bleed from buying a Cutting Edge 4k TV and there's no content widely available? Probably so, nm.

Depends: Did it get delivered on time so that I could have used my 4k receiver and my PS with it? (Which I bought extra for it?)

Probably on whether you bought it from Sony or a company who 6 months ago did not exist. For starters.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:54:57 PM

How do you feel about them now refusing refunds, given how much emphasis you placed on the ability to order by CC, and the extra security that gave customers?

The cessation of refunding happened the very weekend as the ASICs were delivered as the delivery file was sent to the UPS server and the manufacturing facility. How would you feel about processing a refund to someone that also receives the product due to the fact you are no longer control the delivery? Prior to that date as many have testified a refund was never denied. It just now becomes a logistical nightmare as the manufacturing facility and UPS process and handle both the assembly and delivery. There has to be the exact number of Mercurys/Saturns and Jupiters manufactured and sent out in the precise order of which they were fully paid for.

I believe the policy was refunds up to the point of your order shipping. I was denied a refund two weeks ago, and my order has yet to ship.

this is what i remember.  i'm sure it's documented somewhere in here.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:55:34 PM

KnC CHOSE ad nauseum

Probably on whether you bought it from Sony or a company who 6 months ago did not exist. For starters.
If no one buys from companies younger than 6 months there would be no economy. Nowhere. Your argument is invalid, I am sorry. Also, for future reference: Ad NauseAm .
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:59:38 PM

KnC CHOSE ad nauseum

If no one buys from companies younger than 6 months there would be no economy. Nowhere. Your argument is invalid, I am sorry. Also, for future reference: Ad NauseAm .

Well I didn't expect it to be you to take the spelling bait, but whatever.
There are plenty of large companies who do absolutely 0 business in their first year, so by definition if my argument is invalid so is yours. But that seems to be what this thread is all about now, so I'm sure you pine in with some BS opinions about general economics and other crap. Dejected sigh.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:05:19 PM

If no one pre-ordered from unproven companies, the economy would be just fine, thanks. 90% of the scams & butthurt marks would vanish, but i, personally, wouldn't miss them.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:06:21 PM

When I ordered and paid in July the KnC page said 400 for a Jup. It said October in huge letters for delivery.
That was what tipped me over to ordering. The fact that it would be early enough to have a chance of breaking even, and also that KnC understood that by their (back then quite frequent compared to now) statements about difficulty being important.

What has been delivered to others has not been double that, has on a lot of occasions not worked close to that spec even in hosting.

In any case, the speed is moot if you don't have the rig hashing. This is all non hardware related we hear, it's firmware. If so, what's the production delay? Why not churn them out and update the firmware ? If what we have been told is true about the production times and lines they could have finished them all days ago. 500 a day should be easily possible. 30 assembly benches..8 hours a day. Easy.

How can such magnificent engineers not know the production capacity of their own factory? It's fucking basic. In a real business it would be the deal breaker for funding in the business plan (pre-order avoids the need to actually know these basics for backing doesn't it?). The timing of the batch being all complete should be known for definite.

These facts simply don't go together. Rigs change status and nothing moves. KnC STFU completely.
Meanwhile we all know we are losing money and worry that we may take delivery of a malfunctioning machine after all this time.

Add to this the attitude that being pissed off about all this over promising and non delivering is somehow trolling? We don't look at this as some marvellous experiment that we can get into for free and make millions whatever happens..to us it's seeing a company and product, measuring their promises against what seems possible and investing our money based on those promises. The only pleasure we get is a box arriving and the rig working..then we breathe a sigh of relief. Even if it's a day or two late.

Right now, those of us who haven't seen that box, we're not having fun. We have no solid information and even though they know how things are, they don't have anyone working to even answer the phone. We're all losing the possibility of breaking even in return for putting our trust in KnC. They seem to think we're stupid for that. Or it simply doesn't matter.

Oh and forget that "we're all busy" crap...they have a hell of a lot of money to hire a few temps for a week like any other very busy business does. To assemble, answer the phone, send email updates, free up someone who can etc.

Taking the piss.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

You make some valid points, for sure.

But this
Oh and forget that "we're all busy" crap...they have a hell of a lot of money to hire a few temps for a week like any other very busy business does. 
could be (and has been) said about this very forum we all use to support the BTC community.

murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:18:38 PM

But this
Oh and forget that "we're all busy" crap...they have a hell of a lot of money to hire a few temps for a week like any other very busy business does. 
could be (and has been) said about this very forum we all use to support the BTC community.

And how many thousands of dollars have you paid to use this forum?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:19:43 PM

You make some valid points, for sure.

But this

Yeah I saw the owner being reamed for his greed by the lads who he asked for help when it was hacked and he hadn't taken their sensible advice lol.
Makes a fair chunk of change from this thing doesn't he? Surprised me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:21:21 PM

But this

I haven't personally paid thousands of dollars to use KNCMiner, either. I was smart enough to purchase BTC directly and only invest what I EXPECTED to lose in a mining operation for the enjoyment of participation. This thread should be renamed "Angry about your choice of investment? Blame others here!"

murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:26:55 PM

I haven't personally paid thousands of dollars to use KNCMiner, either. I was smart enough to purchase BTC directly and only invest what I EXPECTED to lose in a mining operation for the enjoyment of participation. This thread should be renamed "Angry about your choice of investment? Blame others here!"

And if people are angry because they've got their miners, they are hashing away, but won't make positive ROI because of increased difficulty, that is perfectly fair.
If KNC have simply failed to deliver what they promised to, it isn't.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:27:27 PM

When I ordered and paid in July the KnC page said 400 for a Jup. It said October in huge letters for delivery.
That was what tipped me over to ordering. The fact that it would be early enough to have a chance of breaking even, and also that KnC understood that by their (back then quite frequent compared to now) statements about difficulty being important.

What has been delivered to others has not been double that, has on a lot of occasions not worked close to that spec even in hosting.

In any case, the speed is moot if you don't have the rig hashing. This is all non hardware related we hear, it's firmware. If so, what's the production delay? Why not churn them out and update the firmware ? If what we have been told is true about the production times and lines they could have finished them all days ago. 500 a day should be easily possible. 30 assembly benches..8 hours a day. Easy.

How can such magnificent engineers not know the production capacity of their own factory? It's fucking basic. In a real business it would be the deal breaker for funding in the business plan (pre-order avoids the need to actually know these basics for backing doesn't it?). The timing of the batch being all complete should be known for definite.

These facts simply don't go together. Rigs change status and nothing moves. KnC STFU completely.
Meanwhile we all know we are losing money and worry that we may take delivery of a malfunctioning machine after all this time.

Add to this the attitude that being pissed off about all this over promising and non delivering is somehow trolling? We don't look at this as some marvellous experiment that we can get into for free and make millions whatever happens..to us it's seeing a company and product, measuring their promises against what seems possible and investing our money based on those promises. The only pleasure we get is a box arriving and the rig working..then we breathe a sigh of relief. Even if it's a day or two late.

Right now, those of us who haven't seen that box, we're not having fun. We have no solid information and even though they know how things are, they don't have anyone working to even answer the phone. We're all losing the possibility of breaking even in return for putting our trust in KnC. They seem to think we're stupid for that. Or it simply doesn't matter.

Oh and forget that "we're all busy" crap...they have a hell of a lot of money to hire a few temps for a week like any other very busy business does. To assemble, answer the phone, send email updates, free up someone who can etc.

Taking the piss.

+1

I'm very close to invoking distance selling regulations and quoting "EU Consumer Rights Directive". If I do not have a confirm shipping number by end of the day 15th or an Indication on compensation for delay and my loss.

KNC are shit hot Engineers (but engineers should not run companies) , there reputation as a company is what people will remember, how they treated their customers is what people will remember.
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:30:14 PM

And if people are angry because they've got their miners, they are hashing away, but won't make positive ROI because of increased difficulty, that is perfectly fair.
If KNC have simply failed to deliver what they promised to, it isn't.

Based on the previous performance of which mining company, exactly?

josh_nc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:33:37 PM

But this

Right on the bull nose!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:35:19 PM

KNC are shit hot Engineers (but engineers should not run companies) , there reputation as a company is what people will remember, how they treated their customers is what people will remember.

the 2 principals of KNC are not engineers.  they are businessmen.

which is why i went with HF.  Simon is a brilliant engineer along with his team of at least 4 asic engineers and now more.  i've lost track of the actual number.
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:38:54 PM

which is why i went with HF.

HOLD THE PRESS! You are going with Hashfast? I think someone, somewhere, under a rock and beneath the ocean did not know that. Please, tell us all the ways that makes your decision superior to ours. In this, the KNCminer thread.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:41:17 PM

HOLD THE PRESS! You are going with Hashfast? I think someone, somewhere, under a rock and beneath the ocean did not know that. Please, tell us all the ways that makes your decision superior to ours. In this, the KNCminer thread.

like you never entered HF threads to troll.
skoolbytes

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:44:28 PM

I need one of the 4 boards in a Jupiter RMA'd or something.  KnC must not be working weekends.  They aren't answering e-mails.  I have always had a reply within 12-24 hours, unless I am being ignored.  Which doesn't bode well if I need refunds for November.

Customer service is not working weekends.

okay, thx.

This whole thing is becoming nerve racking.  Time is of the essence.

I feel your pain.  I'm in the same boat.  I'm hoping that their turnaround time on RMA's are quick.
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:48:00 PM

like you never entered HF threads to troll.

Like apples to Mt Everest is even comparable.
I haven't made the HF thread my personal Cheers. Everybody there doesn't know my name.

Pages: « 1 ... 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 [778] 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: