Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:00:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 [799] 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:58:12 PM

I have 4vrm boards on my saturn running .095, and I can lay my fingers right on them, they are just warm to the touch, not hot by any means. They were the same with .091, .093, and .094

Saturn seems to perform better then Jupiters. Not sure as to the reasons.
Perhaps the fact that hot air from the front two ASIC modules are not being pushed onto the back two units as they are none existent on the Saturn units.

also there is a theory going around that the Control Unit/Beagleboard is happier with just solo or pairs. I've ran two modules together for ~270 and another at ~135 but all three together wouldn't go over ~360  (all those values are at the pool's view, cgminer showed much higher of course)

trepex was kind enough to send me the uptime output of is saturn and it seems my therory is moot since the beagleboard avg load is almost the same of my jupiters

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:00:44 PM

ONE OF MY ORDERS HAS BEEN "IN PROGRESS" SINCE LAST SUNDAY. IT IS ORDER 199x PAYDATE JUNE 11-13. WHERE IS MY MINER, IT DOES NOT TAKE A WEEK TO FINISH AN IN PROGRESS DOES IT. I ORDERED TWO JUPITERS. I NEED AT LEAST ONE SHIPPED ALREADY. DAMN %$#%$#@%#@#@%@$%
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:09:28 PM

Of course I left some things out. His quote of the (copy pasted with huge letters) terms of service and bullshit regarding them reserving my place in the queue while I "funded" the remaining VAT and this little marvel:
"When looking at the entire picture of this order I find that there are no grounds for you to demand any form of compensation at all and as such we will not offer any form of compensation in this case."

Oh great you left out the part that this is just you, instead letting people imagine it is a general blanket thing applying to everyone. Nice trolling.

-MarkM-

Honestly, I'm not sure what else you expected with the biggest fussers in this thread.
Nice, calling me a troll. How about you post something substantial instead of posting some insults. As I recall, you got 11 miners bargraphics? Try imagined you still not had them hosted. What would you do? It is a general blanket thing, but you would know that if you had read my first post regarding his answer instead of fucking around MarkM.  Also, he has to directly deny my claim for compensation, not only deny it in general. But you would know that if you had any kind of knowledge regarding trade law.

Whoa relax,

I'm sorry you are so taken back by being called a "Fusser".

If my order was a Day 1 or Day 2 and I still did not have them hosted, I would call and talk with a KnC Rep (Which I did when they were not hosted for 5 days).
I used courtesy not immediate threats and my voice was heard.

If you are not a day 1 or 2 then your not due til October 15th after which you try to make a case for compensation. However I would be very interested in hearing a court case about you receiving a unit that "Prints Money" and because it is late you will not "Print enough money to pay for the machine".

actually, that was meant for MarkM Cheesy Fusser is perfectly fine by me. I actually talked with them several times and was always lied right into my face (by lack of a better analogy). Being told my order is in progress and will be shipped in the next few days... Calls were made on the 2nd, 5th and 8th. first they told me the order would be in shipped Wednesday or Thursday, so I expected it on the 4th. On the 5th I called them several times, but as Orama stated they DO NOT WORK on weekends. On the 8th my final call was made and was answered with they had some problems but ramped up production and I could expect my order to be shipped Thursday (the 10th).  
As repeatedly stated I am a day 2, and also as stated before I would have no problems whatsoever if my Order was an October order.
And the court case would be more along the lines of me having lost the opportunity to generate an amount of btc and having to buy that amount in real money.
It is not a money printing machine, it's more of a "mining equipment". And try imagining a courtcase where a coal mining company lost revenue because their new giant dirt eating monster unit was delivered 2 weeks late. I think their chances would stand pretty good, don't you think?
darianc

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:10:28 PM

Gotta vent.

Order 29x paid-in-full June 3rd with hosting purchased when it became available.
Two more jupiters paid-in-full on June 4th.

Nothing but a form letter reply when I emailed them about the status of my order.

No hashing, no login, nothing.

And no, I haven't called them, email should be sufficient and I don't have international calling on any of my phones.

I will never do business again with KNC, the silence and order-status-limbo is too infuriating.

Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:11:17 PM

The next difficulty jump will close to 40% due to mass knc delivery (BFL and bitfurry is also running up fast)  Undecided  No chance of ROI at all even for the first day delivery customer

Previous estimation indicate a total mining income of 5x "coins mined in the first difficulty pefirod" during its lifespan, now only 3x to be expected

Refunds.  Take advantage of them if offered.  It's nice of KnC to do that, honestly.  It was why I trusted them.  BFL is terrible for holding peoples money hostage.

Buy btc direct instead.  You'll be glad you did.
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

This is the most bizarre thing i've ever seen. It has to be the only business where a company's own customers will go to any length to ensure the company does not succeed. The selfishness and greed is absolutely sickening.

Let's see:
Maybe 900 day 1/2 units, since you said 700 dispatched and I would guesstimate around 200 left:
650*7000+250*3500= 5,425 Million
Cost:
650*2500+250*1250= 1,9375 Million (guesstimate)

Profit:
3,4875 Million  -> Without profit from hosting.

Loss from day1/2 customers because of late shipment: ranging from 0 to 3000$ (ofc it should be denominated in btc, but just for the fun of it) (following formula for ~loss per day for customers with 140$/btc)
((900*1,7)+(850*1,7)+(800*1,7)+(750*1,7)+(700*1,7)+(650*3,4)+(550*1,3)+(500*1,3)+(450*1,3)+(400*1,3)+(350*1,3)+(300*1,3)+(250*2,6))*140=1,8165 Million

Now: Cost of adding a production line capable of producing those orders in 2 days? I would hazard a wild guess and say about 800k$ max.

Now, let's say that every customer who got his unit until Saturday 5th was content with it (I know I would've been): ~1,3 Million for the other 650 units.

So please tell me again who is greedy and selfish! They made this much with day1/2 orders alone, without hosting, without October orders.
WE are not that customers OWN customers, we are CUSTOMERS.
The only one greedy is KNC not offering honest and deserved compensation for customers and hoping they are too lazy to go to court for a measly 2500+$ per unit!
The only one selfish is, again, KNC for pulling out margins upon margins but not having those margins where it counts - at the (only real) bottleneck - the final assembly/production.

Well if you like many attempted to calculate ROI on ordering one of the Jupiter units back when the shipping date was first week of September and difficulty was bellow
90 million and a difficulty increase of 30% every 10.8 Days.

Below is a screen shot of what you can expect if you get your unit October 16th and if the network difficulty goes up by 30% and the value of btc is $140USD when you decide to part with them.

If you think the difficulty is going to hit 22 billion by april you are fooling yourself.  That is completely ridiculous.  Yes, we're having >100% increases a month but the network can't double every month and keep that up.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:16:54 PM

Of course I left some things out. His quote of the (copy pasted with huge letters) terms of service and bullshit regarding them reserving my place in the queue while I "funded" the remaining VAT and this little marvel:
"When looking at the entire picture of this order I find that there are no grounds for you to demand any form of compensation at all and as such we will not offer any form of compensation in this case."

Oh great you left out the part that this is just you, instead letting people imagine it is a general blanket thing applying to everyone. Nice trolling.

-MarkM-

Honestly, I'm not sure what else you expected with the biggest fussers in this thread.
Nice, calling me a troll. How about you post something substantial instead of posting some insults. As I recall, you got 11 miners bargraphics? Try imagined you still not had them hosted. What would you do? It is a general blanket thing, but you would know that if you had read my first post regarding his answer instead of fucking around MarkM.  Also, he has to directly deny my claim for compensation, not only deny it in general. But you would know that if you had any kind of knowledge regarding trade law.

Whoa relax,

If my order was a Day 1 or Day 2 and I still did not have them hosted, I would call and talk with a KnC Rep (Which I did when they were not hosted for 5 days).

If you are not a day 1 or 2 then your not due til October 15th after which you try to make a case for compensation. However I would be very interested in hearing a court case about you receiving a unit that "Prints Money" and because it is late you will not "Print enough money to pay for the machine".

actually, that was meant for MarkM Cheesy Fusser is perfectly fine by me. I actually talked with them several times and was always lied right into my face (by lack of a better analogy). Being told my order is in progress and will be shipped in the next few days... Calls were made on the 2nd, 5th and 8th. first they told me the order would be in shipped Wednesday or Thursday, so I expected it on the 4th. On the 5th I called them several times, but as Orama stated they DO NOT WORK on weekends. On the 8th my final call was made and was answered with they had some problems but ramped up production and I could expect my order to be shipped Thursday (the 10th).  
As repeatedly stated I am a day 2, and also as stated before I would have no problems whatsoever if my Order was an October order.
And the court case would be more along the lines of me having lost the opportunity to generate an amount of btc and having to buy that amount in real money.
It is not a money printing machine, it's more of a "mining equipment". And try imagining a courtcase where a coal mining company lost revenue because their new giant dirt eating monster unit was delivered 2 weeks late. I think their chances would stand pretty good, don't you think?

You also lost potential return if you used the funds to purchase the BTC you would have an even greater return in $ if you sold those higher then what you purchased them.

Case and point. Picked up 175 BTC at $86 USD the other day could of sold them today for $142 USD but instead bailed out a friend at $123 usd. Smiley
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:18:55 PM

This is the most bizarre thing i've ever seen. It has to be the only business where a company's own customers will go to any length to ensure the company does not succeed. The selfishness and greed is absolutely sickening.

Let's see:
Maybe 900 day 1/2 units, since you said 700 dispatched and I would guesstimate around 200 left:
Cost:

Profit:

Loss from day1/2 customers because of late shipment: ranging from 0 to 3000$ (ofc it should be denominated in btc, but just for the fun of it) (following formula for ~loss per day for customers with 140$/btc)
((900*1,7)+(850*1,7)+(800*1,7)+(750*1,7)+(700*1,7)+(650*3,4)+(550*1,3)+(500*1,3)+(450*1,3)+(400*1,3)+(350*1,3)+(300*1,3)+(250*2,6))*140=1,8165 Million

Now: Cost of adding a production line capable of producing those orders in 2 days? I would hazard a wild guess and say about 800k$ max.

Now, let's say that every customer who got his unit until Saturday 5th was content with it (I know I would've been): ~1,3 Million for the other 650 units.

So please tell me again who is greedy and selfish! They made this much with day1/2 orders alone, without hosting, without October orders.
The only one greedy is KNC not offering honest and deserved compensation for customers and hoping they are too lazy to go to court for a measly 2500+$ per unit!
The only one selfish is, again, KNC for pulling out margins upon margins but not having those margins where it counts - at the (only real) bottleneck - the final assembly/production.

Well if you like many attempted to calculate ROI on ordering one of the Jupiter units back when the shipping date was first week of September and difficulty was bellow

Below is a screen shot of what you can expect if you get your unit October 16th and if the network difficulty goes up by 30% and the value of btc is $140USD when you decide to part with them.

If you think the difficulty is going to hit 22 billion by april you are fooling yourself.  That is completely ridiculous.  Yes, we're having >100% increases a month but the network can't double every month and keep that up.

No it won't be 22 billion.  But 4-5 billion by April is very possible.  Just wait till hardware is marked down which will cause more irrational buying.  These ASIC chips and boards probably cost $50 each.  ASIC manufacturers will adjust accordingly so they can continue to sell equipment.  The ball is in their court.
thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:19:03 PM

I don`t get it
it is a business  profit is needed 
if you can do it better then please do it if not don`t be a troll
I`ve waited for my Avalon for 10 months and it was broken
they delivered with just some days delays
one board was broken and they change it in one week
800+pages for what

And second time I am flagged as a troll today.
You waited on an Avalon and it was broken. That is bad, but it has nothing to do with the present situation. Your Avalon came at a time where difficulty and it's increase was nowhere near today. Also, I don't call 14 days some days delay.
One of your boards was broken and they changed it? Good for you. It seems all the people trying to flag me as a troll are the ones who got good customer service and an earlier delivery time.
What I posted was not that they don't deserve profit. I posted a calculation of customers losses vs KNC's profit margin and that they could have avoided the whole thing with another margin in final production. Also keep in mind that those are only the profits from day1/2 and that the costs per unit estimated by me are way too high.
The calculation is not correct
you have to subtract the research and asic mask/production
The price was high based on the available hardware at the moment (the price was similar to Avalon batch 2/3)
Profit will came for them after day 3 :d
I`m just say that all the asic manufactures are in it for profit , remember 80 btc for an Avalon.....
We are in it also for profit in the long run (the time for fast profit vanished with the first asic product except for the early customers)
From may part of view they are between one of the more best asic manufactures
As in the Avalon/bfl case we all made a calculated risk .
If you don`t want to risk you don`t buy .
We will not make the roi in btc but in us the roi is in half a year~ 110price per btc.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:25:00 PM

-MarkM-

Whoa relax,

That's fine,

You definitely have a reason to be upset but honestly posting on this forum isn't going to help you. You would be better off just calling again and being courteous because most companies will immediately shut you out if you start flinging threats of litigation at them. They are working through this so we'll see if there would be compensation.

You would have to argue that BTC is a commodity that you are selling as a business, I guess if you could prove that maybe.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:26:28 PM

You also lost potential return if you used the funds to purchase the BTC you would have an even greater return in $ if you sold those higher then what you purchased them.

Case and point. Picked up 175 BTC at $86 USD the other day could of sold them today for $142 USD but instead bailed out a friend at $123 usd. Smiley

Who do I sue for not buying Google Stock when it was low and selling it now for a profit? Someone has to pay!
Slartybardfast

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:29:47 PM

Well I am happy, i am online in the DC and received my first part of a coin today. Go KNC.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:31:41 PM

Let's see:
Cost:

Profit:

The purpose of these exponential growth projections is to help those inexperienced with bitcoin network difficulty realize that what they should be focusing on is BTC return over the lifetime of the product.

Considering the risks associated with any pre-order it is time that manufacturers also consider the customers situation when pricing the $ value of the unit.

Avalon did it well on their first and second batches pricing wise vs number of units to be sold. Wish they would have been able to deliver them in volume.

Here is a link to something that I feel is my optimistic view as respects network difficulty.

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=249506922&dcosts=31200&diff_mincrease=35&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=2200000&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=140&dpowcon=2400&btcusd_mincrease=3&pcost=0.13&calcweeks=25&dleadtime=0&action=calc#

Please understand that an exercise in awareness rarely is doing disservice to others.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:34:04 PM

The next difficulty jump will close to 40% due to mass knc delivery (BFL and bitfurry is also running up fast)  Undecided  No chance of ROI at all even for the first day delivery customer

Previous estimation indicate a total mining income of 5x "coins mined in the first difficulty pefirod" during its lifespan, now only 3x to be expected

yet everyone keeps on turning on more miners!!  why won't everyone else turn theirs off!

/sarc

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:36:30 PM

Out of curiosity, what makes you think the growth will start slowing down next difficulty retargeting?
It will start slowing down at some point, no one doubts that, but so far, its been speeding up (http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png) and all the major roll outs have yet to happen.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:38:22 PM

trepex was kind enough to send me the uptime output of is saturn and it seems my therory is moot since the beagleboard avg load is almost the same of my jupiters

thanks for checking back with that..  if it didn't cost me money to be KNC testbed I would love to figure it out more

I did email KNC if they would sell more control/beagle board units so we can split them up if we wish.. no word yet

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:39:48 PM

Who do I sue for not buying Google Stock when it was low and selling it now for a profit? Someone has to pay!

Well for your analogy with application to Bitcoin would be more along the lines of the following.

You are an employee of google and have the opportunity of investing further with the company. You work directly with the projects and can see the direction and volume of future orders (BTC value). You wish to get a bigger piece of the pie so you try to go it alone and get some side projects in the works rather than invest in the company directly (BTC).

Either way you are investing into the project. Via hardware, services, or in the currency itself.

With bitcoin, we have access to far greater information and market sentiment than any individual company negotiating for their place in the global economy.

But I digress from the original theme of this thread.
ur0pl

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:42:01 PM

I bought two Jupiters. I need at least one of them shipped by now. I cannot take this. I am going crazy.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:42:04 PM

Out of curiosity, what makes you think the growth will start slowing down next difficulty retargeting?
It will start slowing down at some point, no one doubts that, but so far, its been speeding up (http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png) and all the major roll outs have yet to happen.

More people will get the idea of how to invest into btc and see other opportunities open up.

Who knows. Maybe a public bitcoin ETF in the states. But then again. WHO KNOWS.... Smiley

That is the risk of participating rather than just using BTC.
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:45:41 PM

The purpose of these exponential growth projections is to help those inexperienced with bitcoin network difficulty realize that what they should be focusing on is BTC return over the lifetime of the product.

Considering the risks associated with any pre-order it is time that manufacturers also consider the customers situation when pricing the $ value of the unit.

Avalon did it well on their first and second batches pricing wise vs number of units to be sold. Wish they would have been able to deliver them in volume.

Here is a link to something that I feel is my optimistic view as respects network difficulty.

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=249506922&dcosts=31200&diff_mincrease=35&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=2200000&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=140&dpowcon=2400&btcusd_mincrease=3&pcost=0.13&calcweeks=25&dleadtime=0&action=calc#

Please understand that an exercise in awareness rarely is doing disservice to others.

I understand what you're saying, and I do think that Genesis block and the other companies have given people more tools on this than have ever been provided before.  I just don't want people to think the future is that bleak...It is pretty bleak, don't get me wrong...just not THAT bleak.
Pages: « 1 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 [799] 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: