Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:57:17 PM

Received my dhl tracking number for knc, I had to ago l ask them, they said there was a problem with dhl seeking tracking,  let's see how long it takes them to get to Hawaii
Phoenix1969 is also in Hawaii... I think I read earlier today that he thought 2 business days from Sweden to HI.
Yes, but that's UPS, not DHL...wonder why they switched to DHL for you when its so fast on UPS to here...?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:01:32 PM

Order #26XX in midwest USA here, showing "shipped" for a day or two now, no tracking info, nothing on the doorstep. Denied a refund. Hopefully 'rama is right about the hashrate leveling off, but I have a feeling he's being overly-optimistic on behalf of his employer.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:06:55 PM

Oh, I freely admit that it was a fluke (the one I saw was not the ASIC miner thing, I do remember that.)

If the block you saw is not related to the ASICMiner refund, then show me where you saw a block which generated 200 BTC in transactions fees. I want see with my own eyes if such block even exist...

But to say it's unreachable to have 600+ transactions in a ten minute period? I must severely disagree! How many dollar transactions do you think happen in ten minutes? Personally, I have no idea, but I do know that it's several orders of magnitude higher than that.

No one said that the Bitcoin Network cannot have 600 or more transaction in 10 minutes. I could care less for how many fiat transactions happens in ten minutes. It has nothing to do with the present discussion, which is about the Bitcoin network transaction fees.

This is what I'm trying to say. If we can find a way to take BTC mainstream, that 200 BTC/block would be a LOW average.

I will repeat once more: there is not direct correlation between the number of users and the volume of transactions. How many times I have to repeat that to you understand? Do not really matter if more and more people start to use the Bitcoin Network, because that could result either in increase or decrease of transactions.

You are also assuming that an increase in the volume of transactions will result in an increase of collected fees. That is an incorrect assumption. There is no way to ensure that every transaction will result in a collected fee. Moreover, even if the Bitcoin protocol turns the transaction fees compulsory, each block would have at least 400,000 transactions of 0.0005 BTC to generate 200 BTC. As I had already demonstrated, this is absurd. At the present moment the Bitcoin Network is not generating more than an average of 372 transactions per block.

Well let's just throwing this out there.

VisaNet authorizes, clears and settles an average of 150 million transactions per day in 200 countries and territories.

~104,000 transactions/second

Isn't one of the points of BTC to replace these companies? (Remember this is just Visa, you can imagine how many transactions happen across all of these merchants and physical dollar transactions)

The minimum fee would be lowered at this point anyways because if BTC was adopted this widespread, the price per BTC would be much much higher.

No, it is not the point and it never was. Did you even read the paper released by Satoshi Nakamoto? The Bitcoin protocol was created to serve as alternative method to transfer monetary value without rely on a central authority to validate the transactions.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

By the way, widespread adoption of the Bitcoin Network do not means the price of BTC against fiat currency will rise. As number of users of the Bitcoin Network has no direct correlation with the volume of transactions, the number of users of the Bitcoin Network has also no direct correlation with the price of BTC against fiat currencies.

Bargraphics, bought a dozen of SHA-256 hash generators from KnCminer and is clueless about the Bitcoin Network structure...

Roll Eyes
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:08:56 PM

Received my dhl tracking number for knc, I had to ago l ask them, they said there was a problem with dhl seeking tracking,  let's see how long it takes them to get to Hawaii
Phoenix1969 is also in Hawaii... I think I read earlier today that he thought 2 business days from Sweden to HI.
Yes, but that's UPS, not DHL...wonder why they switched to DHL for you when its so fast on UPS to here...?
here's a snip of the entire route & time to Hawaii via UPS...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:16:20 PM

here's a snip of the entire route & time to Hawaii via UPS...

alot of airtime i see. How did the miner fair?

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:16:37 PM

Oh, I freely admit that it was a fluke (the one I saw was not the ASIC miner thing, I do remember that.)

If the block you saw is not related to the ASICMiner refund, then show me where you saw a block which generated 200 BTC in transactions fees. I want see with my own eyes if such block even exist...
It wasn't 200 BTC in fees but 2.7 BTC if Biomech is talking about the one i'm thinking of: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/11731/anomalous-2-7-btc-transaction-fee-observed. It was talked about in this thread recently or at least on bitcointalk i think but i'm not going to search for it.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:17:13 PM

Are any hosted customers achieving 500+ GH/s?  The best I seem to be able to get (sustained) is around 430GH with 10+% errors.  I've seen momentary peaks over 500 but never a 10 minute average above 445 or so.

I've been at 500GH ever since Friday the 11th at 8PM. Before then it ranged between 0 and 130GH with nearly 10% rejections. Have you spoken with KNC over the phone? The $0.64 I spent on 6 phone calls (skype) over the last week was critical to getting my miners online.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:17:32 PM

one loose fan shroud, but nothing broken, works fine, box was beat to hell with a couple small holes in it

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:19:13 PM

I will repeat once more: there is not direct correlation between the number of users and the volume of transactions. How many times I have to repeat that to you understand? Do not really matter if more and more people start to use the Bitcoin Network, because that could result either in increase or decrease of transactions.

You are also assuming that an increase in the volume of transactions will result in an increase of collected fees. That is an incorrect assumption. There is no way to ensure that every transaction will result in a collected fee. Moreover, even if the Bitcoin protocol turns the transaction fees compulsory, each block would have at least 400,000 transactions of 0.0005 BTC to generate 200 BTC. As I had already demonstrated, this is absurd. At the present moment the Bitcoin Network is not generating more than an average of 372 transactions per block.

This may look true skipping true the facts the way it's been written, but actually not correct as a whole. There is direct correlation between number of bitcoin network users and transactions fees. Although each individual transaction can't be forced to include a fee, mining pools have an incentive to include transactions with higher fees first, because they know everyone will benefit more if block is found with transactions with fees than without them. If you broadcast transaction without a fee it could easily happen to it to drop down the list and not be included in current block. It's not unheard off for such transactions to never be included in any block and need several days to clear from limbo and return to the wallet. If number of transactions ever rise close to the capabilities of miners to actually process them, you can bet on which transactions will be included and which will not.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:20:07 PM

Dude the hashrate is about to level out for a bit not, continue growing like this for a while. This has been the first shipment of a major die shrink. If anything it shows the genesis block was way off base all along, as I previously stated. This will be a huge step up over a couple of weeks and then there won't be anything in such a huge multiple in one go on to make such a marked effect on the hashrate again for sometime. More a plateau You certainly won't see a doubling of the current hashrate as it stands after the KnC delivery for a while yet, even during their November shipment. If they were to ship anywhere near what they shipped just now, it'll increase the current hashrate by a proportion, not a multiple due to the cumulative effect of this wave.

Dear reader,

Please, if you like to deal with strictly factual information, ignore the amount of gibberish stated the above quote.

Yours faithfully,

Augusto Croppo.
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:20:21 PM

Could anyone with a KNC miner do me a favour and ssh into your Miner and post the results for TOP.

So ssh into miner type top (Ctrl +  to exit) and post your results. Troubleshooting mine at the moment so need to compare.

Thanks

Dave  
donch

Activity: 84

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:20:39 PM

You come across as angry and patronising. Let me spell it out quite clearly. If Bitcoin became more mainstream, it is highly likely that your average person might start using it to buy and sell things online or in shops or anywhere. The more people like this the higher the number of transactions for which it would be reasonable to charge a fee. Yes, people move funds between wallets and accounts and it might be unreasonable to expect a high fee or any for these type of transactions. Yes some people spend all day gambling on BetCoin, and they certainly don't want to pay a high fee for each transaction. You are not wrong, but you are decidedly not listening to what people are saying either.

Most of the transactions which involve buying or selling something for which a fee would be acceptable go through the wallet interface or the UI of BitPay. These two places could be where the reasonable fee is added to the transaction. If the transaction fee is a percentage of the transaction amount, rather than fixed, then your 400,000 transaction argument becomes threadbare.

Sorry for being blunt, but you've been rude three times now.  

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
mininganon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

help, I can't get cgminer back running the config is fine.

[2013-10-16 22:19:42] Started cgminer 3.4.0
 [2013-10-16 22:19:42] Loaded configuration file /config/cgminer.conf
 [2013-10-16 22:19:42] Error in configuration file, partially loaded.
 [2013-10-16 22:19:42] Start cgminer with -T to see what failed to load.

please point me in the right direction. pool is loaded?!

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334",
"user" : "redacted",
"pass" : "123"
}
]
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:0/0"
}

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
- /config/cgminer.conf 1/14 7%

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:25:17 PM

Could anyone with a KNC miner do me a favour and ssh into your Miner and post the results for TOP.

So ssh into miner type top (Ctrl +  to exit) and post your results. Troubleshooting mine at the moment so need to compare.

Thanks

Dave  

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:26:42 PM

Thanks

Dave  

Cheers Dude
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:27:49 PM

As in the hashrate will plateau after the shipment ceases as the proportional increase won't be of the same magnitude for a while. That's logical. Obviously the difficulty will continue through some crazy adjustment yet, as it is yet to truly reflect the current hashrate. Those increases will be close together obviously as blocks are solved faster.

By the way, do you even know how the difficulty is calculated?

I am starting to feel pity for you... Perhaps I should give you another 0.1 BTC tip to help with the rent?

Roll Eyes
mininganon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:30:57 PM

Please help I'm not hashing at the moment losing money. will tip for answers.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:32:09 PM

Please help I'm not hashing at the moment losing money. will tip for answers.
That's not much info to go on...
walk us thru what you did so far....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:33:00 PM

help, I can't get cgminer back running the config is fine.

[2013-10-16 22:19:42] Started cgminer 3.4.0
 [2013-10-16 22:19:42] Loaded configuration file /config/cgminer.conf
 [2013-10-16 22:19:42] Error in configuration file, partially loaded.
 [2013-10-16 22:19:42] Start cgminer with -T to see what failed to load.

please point me in the right direction. pool is loaded?!

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334",
"user" : "redacted",
"pass" : "123"
}
]
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:0/0"
}

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
- /config/cgminer.conf 1/14 7%

run it with -T:
cgminer -T --config /config/cgminer.conf
to see what exactly is wrong

or replace it by the original one
cp /config/cgminer.conf.factory /config/cgminer.conf

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:35:14 PM

nice... I didn't even notice the conf.factory file.... good to kno its there

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: