Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:24:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 [965] 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
texaslabrat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:19:03 PM

I don't get the distinction you are making here.  It looks to me like he solved a block for the pool in exactly the same way he might have solved a block for himself if he had been solo mining.

When people participate in pools they are only providing the SHA-256 hash generated by their machines  to let the pool find a block header with a number equal or lower than the current target. Therefore participants in a pool cannot "solve" a block because it is the pool who execute this process. What the pool participants only do is to provide the necessary requirements to complete this process, know as Proof of Work, which is just to generate a high rate of SHA-256 hash until the current target is found.

Solo "miners" can "solve" a block like pooled "mining" because their are not only generating the SHA-256 hash, but monitoring the block header of every block propagated in the Bitcoin network.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Pooled_mining

A share is awarded by the mining pool to the clients who present a valid proof of work of the same type as the proof of work that is used for creating blocks, but of lesser difficulty, so that it requires less time on average to generate.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_work

Proofs of work that are tied to the data of each block are required for the blocks to be accepted. The difficulty of this work is adjusted so as to limit the rate at which new blocks can be generated by the network to one every 10 minutes. Due to the very low probability of successful generation, this makes it unpredictable which worker computer in the network will be able to generate the next block.

The pool provides you with a block header to work on.  You double-hash the block header iteratively while incrementing the nonce, and return any results that are of higher difficulty than the pool difficulty to the pool.  If one of those results happens to also be higher difficulty than the network difficulty, you have solved the block for the pool.  The pool does not do any of the calculations associated with solving a block, so I don't see how you think the pool "solved" the block.

^^this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:21:16 PM

Did you guys leave enablecores running on top of 0.98 to get the good speeds to stay up there?...
I've been doing enablecores, but immediately re-flashing 0.98 back after the reboot....
? Huh

no need to reflash 9.8, enablecores is not a firmware - it is merely a set of commands to turn everything on

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:21:34 PM

Anyone can help me with this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s | A:0  R:128  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 1  LW: 281  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to mint.bitminter.com diff 128 with stratum as user myuser
 Block: 000151d9281f7c40...  Diff:391M  Started: [19:54:59]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 KnC 0:                |  0.000/ 0.000h/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 WU:0.0/m

[2013-10-31 19:54:55] Started cgminer 3.6.6
 [2013-10-31 19:54:55] Loaded configuration file /config/cgminer.conf
 [2013-10-31 19:54:55] Error in configuration file, partially loaded.
 [2013-10-31 19:54:55] Start cgminer with -T to see what failed to load.
 [2013-10-31 19:54:55] Probing for an alive pool
 [2013-10-31 19:54:59] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 128
 [2013-10-31 19:54:59] Network diff set to 391M
 [2013-10-31 19:54:59] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2013-10-31 19:54:59] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2013-10-31 19:54:59] Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0
 [2013-10-31 19:57:01] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2013-10-31 19:57:01] KnC running flushwork

The red led on the miner stays red after reboot.
because you are running the unsupported, unreccommended old cklovas release.... flash 0.98 and be done, it includes the cklovas code.

I just did, same status. The red led stays on, while the green one goes off after reboot and the machine won't hash. Really no idea what to do Sad
it's ok, don't panic.
leave the machine running...
hit the reset button 5x, count to 5, hit it 5x again.
Clear your browser cache.
wait for the machine to boot...
it will be about 13 seconds after the bright white led flashes..
go to the gui page and make sure all your info is entered, this reset it to factory

reflash 0.98.
it will work then.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:29:51 PM

Ok, been running over a day now no problem:

Is that an experiment ? why the plastic bags ....?

to raise the temperature closer to ideal in my cold basement

this still weirds me out....My Jupiter is working well in the opposite direction...I'm getting around 555gh with 535gh at the slush pool and 5 percent error rate on .95...and am also in a cold bsmt...62F....I also have top off and two fans in front on either side 5" wallmart fans blowing crosswise in an x pattern across the unit

my WU is like 7765 or some such... not sure of watts at wall never checked

anyway as a 'salute' to you experiment I shut 1 external wallmart fan off..core temps rose and gh rate went down 10gh overnight I turn fan back on after an hr or so it all comes back up to where it was at

my core temps are like 27c two one at 36c and two at 39c or so

anyway....how yours can work warmer I've no idea mine works the opposite

er

and don't even get me going on if I should upgrade to .98 or not with all the diff results that seems to be shooting about

last point on this unit I only see 1 core enable off/on 4-86 once every 3hrs or so...I'd guess at most if that

anyway......frigging unit kinda freaks me out it works so well....

(on a side note got my only unit left before upgrade to monarch (I know I'm an idiot but a brick now on the stuff or a brick later..it is all the same my bfl stuff is toast)

went to www.dustcoin.com

and I make more money doing PPCOIN according to that chart then bitcoin@ (53 at this diff)....so guess it is my penance to use it to play with altcoins...too painful with it making .023btc a month at current diff (soon to go down)...too have the unit mine bitcoins will jinx the knc unit ...must keep it across the house....away from knc Jupiter!

(note to self: need to get the voodoo for idiots book and chicken entrails to keep knc miner up....must be black magic my luck is too good)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 08:42:10 PM

I am a long-standing member of both Bitcoin and the mining community.  What I am about to say will likely not be understood by some and anger others based on what I read in this forum.

I was pointed to this forum by a person who told me it represented what was wrong with the idea of Crypto, and used it to bolstered his point that mankind at a base level must be ruled, and will himself destroy anything that interferes with that.  I disagree with his point, but much of what I read here indeed strengthens his position.

BTC, at it's core, is about decentralization and wresting power from the few and giving it to many (us).  28nm technology represents a significant plateau in the mechanics of what it will take to create and maintain the network necessary for BTC to have a chance at survival.  Being given the opportunity to get your hands on some effectively puts you on equal footing with the multi-million dollar companies and ultra-rich entities that at this moment are claiming the lion's share of the world's wealth; including Bitcoin.

Given this rare, equalizing opportunity, far too many in this forum are squandering the gift; even handing that power right back to those that will in time find a way to once again enslave you with their fees, interest and control.

Consider this.  When given the most powerful weapon yet in decentralization, many if not most of your immediately hand that power off to the largest pool you can plug into; thus decentralizing your effort and making the whole system that much weaker.

Shame on you, your greed makes us all that much easier to target.

Every individual in this forum seems more worried about their individual ROI then large entities and companies buying up millions of dollars of this technology in an effort to corner, and maybe even STOP this market.

Shame on you!  You are angry that "November orders" are shipping?

People, every single order that goes out to a "little guy", that will in turn put that power toward a small pool to help offset this huge influx of imbalance is one more chance that this experiment might actually succeed.  Pauses in shipping to us, the "little guy", are being used to produce millions of dollars of equipment for the large order guys.  That is the threat.

My hope had been that machines such as the ones being produced by KnC, when placed into the hands of common folk would be a great equalizer.  That it would make it less profitable and more difficult for the massive consortium's to corner this market.  Alas, my friend may be right.  Man must be ruled, because he is selfish and greedy, and these things will destroy him and hopes for society if not controlled by wise rulers.  If this is the case you will continue to bite the hand that gave you this opportunity in the first place.  You will continue to squander the power you were given, in hopes of a fraction more of that piece of gold.  It then becomes a pathetically simple task to dupe you into pointing your power in a direction that will enable "them" to take it away from you; permanently.

I am ashamed at what this, the mining community appears to be turning into.  This is not at all what we had in mind when we built it.

Sean

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:50:56 PM

this still weirds me out....My Jupiter is working well in the opposite direction...I'm getting around 555gh with 535gh at the slush pool and 5 percent error rate on .95...and am also in a cold bsmt...62F....I also have top off and two fans in front on either side 5" wallmart fans blowing crosswise in an x pattern across the unit

anyway as a 'salute' to you experiment I shut 1 external wallmart fan off..core temps rose and gh rate went down 10gh overnight I turn fan back on after an hr or so it all comes back up to where it was at

er

and don't even get me going on if I should upgrade to .98 or not with all the diff results that seems to be shooting about

last point on this unit I only see 1 core enable off/on 4-86 once every 3hrs or so...I'd guess at most if that

(on a side note got my only unit left before upgrade to monarch (I know I'm an idiot but a brick now on the stuff or a brick later..it is all the same my bfl stuff is toast)

went to www.dustcoin.com

and I make more money doing PPCOIN according to that chart then bitcoin@ (53 at this diff)....so guess it is my penance to use it to play with altcoins...too painful with it making .023btc a month at current diff (soon to go down)...too have the unit mine bitcoins will jinx the knc unit ...must keep it across the house....away from knc Jupiter!

(note to self: need to get the voodoo for idiots book and chicken entrails to keep knc miner up....must be black magic my luck is too good)

Searing
sweetspot on all mine are around 72 degrees....
some cores wont even activate at 45-55
I cant imagine 25-35, lol
until you try 70's, you can't really say you tried "Warmer" temperatures...
They are rated to run up to 105, per KNC elmail response.
The evidence is everywhere, including the articles posted...
I would at least try 70-75C, run enablecores, and flash 0.98.
You can always go back.
just my .000002Btc

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:53:23 PM

er

went to www.dustcoin.com

Searing
sweetspot on all mine are around 72 degrees....
some cores wont even activate at 45-55
I cant imagine 25-35, lol
until you try 70's, you can't really say you tried "Warmer" temperatures...
They are rated to run up to 105, per KNC elmail response.
The evidence is everywhere, including the articles posted...
I would at least try 70-75C, run enablecores, and flash 0.98.
You can always go back.
just my .000002Btc

80 + C is not ok, everything under it is ok temperature

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:54:16 PM

edit...(searing)
than again, yours ran great "out of the box", minus a gallon of water, and some good work on your part...   Grin

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:58:17 PM

edit...
than again, yours ran great "out of the box", minus a gallon of water, and some good work on your part...   Grin

its the guys saying the went to 98 and can't get their box back up that worries me...such postings in forums make stuff go small in my leg region...circumference wise

I will consider it...

question thou..all this enable cores thing ...is that an option in .98 or a separate program (again people on saying they ran it or asic test and their miners are bricks ..although I think that was on knc forum)

dangerous world out there....we also serve who skulk and wait!

bfl refugee we are gun shy

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:02:43 PM

Can't you just hold the reset button for 5 seconds and the bright light will flash to do a reset and not what u mentioned above?  That's how i was doing it.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:03:16 PM

edit...
than again, yours ran great "out of the box", minus a gallon of water, and some good work on your part...   Grin

its the guys saying the went to 98 and can't get their box back up that worries me...such postings in forums make stuff go small in my leg region...circumference wise

I will consider it...

question thou..all this enable cores thing ...is that an option in .98 or a separate program (again people on saying they ran it or asic test and their miners are bricks ..although I think that was on knc forum)

dangerous world out there....we also serve who skulk and wait!

bfl refugee we are gun shy

Searing

Ya that asic test thing...saw that.. no....enablecores works great, takes 10 seconds, and an extra reboot, no problems for me...
The problems with 0.98 was with the url address on eligius, as far as I know there weren't any others...  the address thing is fixable in a few steps IF it happens to you... there were only a few of us that encountered it... I think it was those of us who loaded the cklovas release, and tried 0.98 after.
I can understand gun-shy though... yours runs pretty good already....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:04:05 PM

Can't you just hold the reset button for 5 seconds and the bright light will flash to do a reset and not what u mentioned above?  That's how i was doing it.

That's what the manual said to do, that's what I do....    Smiley

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
texaslabrat

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:04:21 PM

A bunch of naive, idealistic blather

The first thing you fail to understand is that this is a business, not a charity.  Get that through your head and the rest of it will make sense.

If you want to buy a miner for me, I will happily point it at any pool of your choosing.   As long as I'm spending MY money on equipment, then I'll point MY equipment on whatever fucking pool I see fit.  If smaller pools want to attract more miners, they should get their asses in gear and improve the pools to make them more attractive for use.  Things like extended stats, DDoS protection, and consistently working payouts (I'm looking at you, Eligius).

If you are so concerned about decentralization, I sure hope you are solo mining.  If you can't walk the walk, then stop trying to talk the talk.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:07:18 PM

That's what the manual said to do, that's what I do....    Smiley

ah, never read the manual.  =)    Holding does work though.
uski

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:13:53 PM

Hi folks

I'm the author of BertMod and I'd like to mention that some people seems to get a bit confused by the output of BertMod.

So I wrote a quick explanation :
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/6183-bertmod-0-2-unofficial-firmware-mod-feedback-thread?p=13503#post13503

In short :

- Sometimes BertMod doesn't detect any DC/DC module, it can happen if the DC/DC modules are purely analog and not digital, this is NOT a problem, the boards will be working as expected. It's just that they are using a type of DC/DC module that I don't support. Hey, after all BertMod is unofficial, sometimes it doesn't work Smiley

- It is normal to get some "No DC/DC module detected". KnC can change the number of DC/DC modules per board (initially they used 8 then moved to 4 as 4 was totally enough to power the ASIC). As a result, "No DC/DC module detected" is NOT an error, just some info to let you know that there is no DC/DC module in that slot, and that is fine Smiley

When I wrote BertMod i wanted to give people extra info about their miner. I didn't want to confuse anyone. Maybe I should have wrote that explanation immediately. Anyway, now I hope it's clear ! If not, let me know.

Happy mining,
uski
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:17:45 PM

The first thing you fail to understand is that this is a business, not a charity.  Get that through your head and the rest of it will make sense.

If you want to buy a miner for me, I will happily point it at any pool of your choosing.   As long as I'm spending MY money on equipment, then I'll point MY equipment on whatever fucking pool I see fit.  If smaller pools want to attract more miners, they should get their asses in gear and improve the pools to make them more attractive for use.  Things like extended stats, DDoS protection, and consistently working payouts (I'm looking at you, Eligius).

If you are so concerned about decentralization, I sure hope you are solo mining.  If you can't walk the walk, then stop trying to talk the talk.

the real problem to his point is not that there are a small group of elite that control and abuse power, but that there is an endless line of similarly wired people waiting to replace them if given the chance

America's forefathers were an outlier, not the norm.   It didn't even last 200 years.   1776 till when JFK was shot.  No turning back now.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:19:33 PM

The pool provides you with a block header to work on.  You double-hash the block header iteratively while incrementing the nonce, and return any results that are of higher difficulty than the pool difficulty to the pool.  If one of those results happens to also be higher difficulty than the network difficulty, you have solved the block for the pool.  The pool does not do any of the calculations associated with solving a block, so I don't see how you think the pool "solved" the block.

Yeah, but guess who got the 25 BTC + fees?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:20:17 PM

Hi folks

I'm the author of BertMod and I'd like to mention that some people seems to get a bit confused by the output of BertMod.

So I wrote a quick explanation :
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/6183-bertmod-0-2-unofficial-firmware-mod-feedback-thread?p=13503#post13503

In short :

- Sometimes BertMod doesn't detect any DC/DC module, it can happen if the DC/DC modules are purely analog and not digital, this is NOT a problem, the boards will be working as expected. It's just that they are using a type of DC/DC module that I don't support. Hey, after all BertMod is unofficial, sometimes it doesn't work Smiley

Happy mining,
uski

What of VRMs that show < 1 amp output?  Those are the 'dies off' that are plaguing many folks

Thanks for bringing the tool out so early, it has helped everyone troubleshoot their many issues

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
seanrarey

Activity: 168

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 09:22:35 PM

Yes sir, I solo mine.  I also have helped build a considerable number of pools.  I absolutely "walk the walk" Mr. business man.  I also mine with an assortment of just about every ASIC ever produced since the GPU/FGPA farms were killed off; to include a growing number of KnC pieces.

I have no problem making money, or forming a business around it.  But carelessly killing the cow you are milking is a poor business model.

texaslabrat

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:29:58 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 10:03:12 PM by texaslabrat

Yes sir, I solo mine.  I also have helped build a considerable number of pools.  I absolutely "walk the walk" Mr. business man.  I also mine with an assortment of just about every ASIC ever produced since the GPU/FGPA farms were killed off; to include a growing number of KnC pieces.

I have no problem making money, or forming a business around it.  But carelessly killing the cow you are milking is a poor business model.

Good for you...I assume you mean that you ONLY solo mine?  

However, you fail to realize that without people making a business out of this (and that means maximizing their profit wherever possible without artificial constraints), there would be no demand and thus no value in bitcoin outside of a hobby (eg 10,000 BTC pizza).  Lets see how many folks would buy multi-thousand-dollar asic miners "to secure the network" if bitcoin was worth less than a penny a piece, yet the difficulty was current levels.  Answer:  A few idealistic zealots who would then be capable of 51% attacks on a whim.  You can't have one without the other (ie security without business demand).  So again, I point to your idealism and naivety in failing to understand how this all works in the macro level.  If you want to donate to the network to keep it secure..bravo.  But without people trying to make money out of it, it's just a technical curiosity burning electricity at a prodigious rate.  You can look at any number of also-ran alt coins for a real-world example.  There needs to be reason to have people pour hundreds of millions of dollars of funds into bitcoins and the associated ecosystem...telling people they shouldn't be trying to maximize returns on that investment is not going to help if the system is ever to be taken seriously and used as a mainstream instrument of value storage and exchange.

Further...individuals using "big pools" is hardly "killing the cow".  There are no pools that are capable of a 51% attack..in fact pools such as BTCGuild specifically implement policies to discourage growth that approaches 51%.  And again, I point to the need for other pools to step up their game if they want to be relavent.  This is a business, pure and simple..and with business comes competition.  Unlike most businesses, the barrier to entry into the bitcoin world is almost zero so there is always room for new entrants to jump into the game if they are willing to provide a good product.  Rather, telling people that they shouldn't be trying their best to make money from something that should be integrated into the global market economy is killing the cow from a perception basis.  If bitcoin can't play by the rules of a vicious free-market economy, then it will die no matter what anyone else wants for it and nobody outside the hobbyists will ever take it seriously.  The end game is integration into the world economy...if it can't hack it there there is no need for it to exist.  You are not going to remake the world economy in another image to fit bitcoin...sorry to tell ya.   In other words, if special "kid gloves" are needed to enable bitcoin to survive that relies on the altruism of the bitcoin community...it won't survive on its own and it is no better than a centrally-controlled fiat currency that is protected from "the big bad market" by its issuing government.  If bitcoin is actually fit to be a decentralized currency, then it must be able to operate with out special considerations from its participants pure and simple otherwise its demise is guaranteed.

So again, if there are concerns about over centralization...get people to make alternate pools that don't suck so that natural market forces fix the issue and not special pleas to "think of the children!" in order to head off any potential 51% issues.  If you want to direct some of your activism energy somewhere useful..there it is.
Pages: « 1 ... 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 [965] 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: