Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:34:02 AM

responsibility of KNC was in taking unlimited amount from orders.

only limited amount of boxes during preorder is the way, how deliver positive ROI to investors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:42:57 AM

only limited amount of boxes during preorder is the way, how deliver positive ROI to investors.

When I purchased from them I don't remember them saying they were going to limit their sales to protect my ROI. What other company is doing that?
hendo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:30:03 AM

When I purchased from them I don't remember them saying they were going to limit their sales to protect my ROI. What other company is doing that?

I don't want to join in this argument but to be honest, they kind of did... Wink
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-24

"We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers."
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:32:00 AM

thanks hendo, you was faster.)
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:18:01 AM

I don't want to join in this argument but to be honest, they kind of did... Wink
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-24

"We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers."

But then they put this caveat in at the end:

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Seeing as "large" is a relative term, it means whatever KnC want it to mean; therefore the whole statement is meaningless. Releasing more devices might protect their customers total share of the network, but individual customers don't care about that of course, they only care about their own personal share of the network. Individual KnC customers are competing for a share of the network with other KnC customers as much as they are with miners using devices from other manufacturers.

The whole statement is spin designed to make them look like nice guys while they go ahead and maximize their profit, which is what you should expect them to do anyway.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:25:24 AM

Awesome. So now it's been confirmed that people who paid $2000 less got their miners about 1 day after the people who paid $2000 more
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322031.msg3458393#msg3458393

Just fucking awesome! Not only did they ship my faulty unit 10 days late, costing me about $2000 in lost mining revenue and all the BTC I've lost from mining with a sub-standard faulty lemon since then, but now knc have fucked us over again.

Can you imagine being Cyper, who got his October order on the 30th? To hear this?

And the plan is to start shipping Nov orders on 15th, after they promised it would be 30 days after October delivery ended to let people get some benefit from the early order and the fact they paid $2000 extra.

Fuck you KNC. Just that.

P.S.
If everything for Day1, Day2, Day3, and October is pushed back by two weeks, then November orders might not be released until the end of that month instead of in the middle of it.
I've always been concerned that delays to the initial batch of orders could go on so long it runs into the reduced price November miners. Eventually they ship within a few days of each other, only we paid $2000 more  Undecided

Can't disagree. They cant afford to delay the Nov people now though, or they'd also be fucked like the 1st batch due to their late delivery. In their eyes it's probably keeping at least one bunch or people sweet. Maybe even "We were a bit late on the initial batch but we produced on time and delivered the 2nd batch on time." Not, "The majority of our customers were disappointed, AND beta tested the rigs so they'd be dandy for the later orders".

Cypher and the other very late delivered (and poor performing) rig peeps are owed some kind of compensation for the huge let down they suffered from KNC.

If thats the case then I am done with KNC Miner, I will never order another product of their again.
arousedrhino

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:26:22 AM

Not only did they ship my faulty unit 10 days late, costing me about $2000 in lost mining revenue and all the BTC I've lost from mining with a sub-standard faulty lemon since then, but now knc have fucked us over again.

Can you imagine being Cyper, who got his October order on the 30th? To hear this?

And the plan is to start shipping Nov orders on 15th, after they promised it would be 30 days after October delivery ended to let people get some benefit from the early order and the fact they paid $2000 extra.

Fuck you KNC. Just that.

Pipe down and don't be last in line next time.

So I should just shut up and be happy forcefully that I got my miners 2 weeks late?
Maybe pay Bitcoinorama some bitcoins too  Roll Eyes

Should have got a refund like they offered imo

They did not offer refunds to Day2 orders even though they shipped on day 7. There was no option.
arousedrhino

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:28:37 AM

And be 400GBP out of pocket just for the fun?

Can't blame KnC for that.

Really? On what date? Last few days of Sept when "we are on track for delivery", or maybe Oct 1st when "We're shipping day 1 today and Day 2 tomorrow"..or maybe after Oct 15th when they hadn't delivered as promised and weren't giving refunds unless they fancied it and ALL rigs suddenly became in process on the status even when they weren't?

They NEVER offered refunds, they grudgingly gave some when asked,,,different thing.

What is the term for a smartarse who isn't at all smart?

Not sure what world you are living in (From your posts in the past I assume it's one consumed by hatred of KnC so not sure if this post will get through that mental wall.

They offered refunds after the 15th to anyone who wanted one. Everything else you said is pure fiction.

You are full of shit, no day 2 order could get a refund on Oct 2nd when the miner was not shipped yet. KNC refused to refund those customers because they were "in production". I was one of them, I asked for a refund on Oct 2nd and was denied.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:34:55 AM

Really? On what date? Last few days of Sept when "we are on track for delivery", or maybe Oct 1st when "We're shipping day 1 today and Day 2 tomorrow"..or maybe after Oct 15th when they hadn't delivered as promised and weren't giving refunds unless they fancied it and ALL rigs suddenly became in process on the status even when they weren't?

They NEVER offered refunds, they grudgingly gave some when asked,,,different thing.

Not sure what world you are living in (From your posts in the past I assume it's one consumed by hatred of KnC so not sure if this post will get through that mental wall.

They offered refunds after the 15th to anyone who wanted one. Everything else you said is pure fiction.

are you stupid, or just retarded? they stopped refunds for a long time, please do your fucking research first.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:37:23 AM

... in pool "mining" there must be an entity to receive the reward, what is not the pool participant. The reward needs to be transmitted (first transaction) to the entity which "solves" the block.[/b] You are failing to understand that the receiver (thus the "solver") it is not the pool participant.

That is not a correct statement.   p2pool and eligius are evidence of that.

The pool creates a coinbase entry assigning the block reward to itself.

That is also an incorrect.  Note the specific pools I named.  If you don't know how they work well thats fine but it might not be a good idea to provide "corrections"
timmmers

Merit: 265

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:53:37 AM

The "fiction" of him saying that about shipping is on YT . I don't hate KNC, I hate people who talk the talk yet have no will to walk the walk. A company whos only part in this was to get the logistics and minor stuff right once the technical work was done by ORSOC..got nothing at all right. Didn't even check what they were doing, didn't communicate worth a wank and STILL aren't. Should someone who paid 7k for a time sensitive product need to ring on a daily basis to get the right person on a phone, or an email reply?

Like I said, go delete some posts like you had too a while ago...mine stay, they are my opinion and I'm not ashamed of that...and I know what a fact is too. God you're a dick. Seriously. Not one that will bother me again though. Nothing you have to contribute is worth reading.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
timmmers

Merit: 265

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:54:56 AM

are you stupid, or just retarded? they stopped refunds for a long time, please do your fucking research first.

He's just a troll. They are both back. Annoying as it is when you fall into the trap of trying to communicate with them lol.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:12:02 AM

I'm quite happy with the products I got from KNC, and Quite happy they weren't later than a couple lousy weeks...
In the 2 weeks I've had my machines running, they have made back more than 1/3rd my origonal
$3897.60 x 3(saturns+shipping) = $11,692.80
I've earned 22 BTC x XBT(198) = $4,356.00
which is over 37% of the original purchase price, including shipping.
(not to mention the 63 Namecoin I also earned)
I have no doubt they will reach ROI, and beyond...
Thank-You  KNC

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:22:33 AM

I'm quite happy with the products I got from KNC, and Quite happy they weren't later than a couple lousy weeks...
In the 2 weeks I've had my machines running, they have made back more than 1/3rd my origonal
$3897.60 x 3(saturns) = $11,692.80
which is over 37% of the original purchase price, plus shipping.
Thank-You  KNC

Are you also selling your BTC for fiat? If not, to get a completely honest answer you should be doing your calcs in what you would have paid in BTC when you ordered. BTC has appreciated significantly against the USD since you would have ordered.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:26:39 AM

$3897.60 x 3(saturns) = $11,692.80
which is over 37% of the original purchase price, plus shipping.
Thank-You  KNC

Are you also selling your BTC for fiat? If not, to get a completely honest answer you should be doing your calcs in what you would have paid in BTC when you ordered. BTC has appreciated significantly against the USD since you would have ordered.
I paid in Fiat, so that's as "honest" as it gets...
I even used the xbt price, when I can still sell @ Gox!
So, stick that in your pipe, and smoke it!   Grin  Grin  Grin
I actually plan on holding my BTC for $2,000.00/btc   hehe
But yeah... I see what you're gettin' at...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:40:40 AM

this dogma will never die here..   I guess it is a clash of old btc-in-hand miners vs the new credit-in-hand miners

the new credit-in-hand miners take your equation and find out they would have paid 0btc for miners since they wouldn't get a miner if they had to try to buy btc on credit first..  would be a total waste of fees if possible, so they just keep the equation in $$$ and factor in the increase of btc value as part of their investment.

I'll say it again.. for a lot of the new miners, there is no 'if you bought it with btc' or 'if you just bought btc'

are all the old miners myopic??  staring at hashings screens for 2-3 years probably does that

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:41:19 AM

$3897.60 x 3(saturns+shipping) = $11,692.80
which is over 37% of the original purchase price, including shipping.
Thank-You  KNC

Now calculate how much fiat/BTC you would have if you would have simply purchased bitcoins directly instead of pre-ordering a miner that creates bitcoins very slowly.

Buy & Hold

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:44:56 AM

Once again, I do not hold any grudge against KNC but if they want to stay in the business of mining (repetitive sales) they'd better not insult my intelligence and move forward by stating the total GH/s they sold so far. If not, as a reasonable individual, I will not buy from them again and invest directly in BTC. At least I know my risk there....
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:47:31 AM

Now calculate how much fiat/BTC you would have if you would have simply purchased bitcoins directly instead of pre-ordering a miner that creates bitcoins very slowly.

lulz

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3461495#msg3461495

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:53:58 AM

this dogma will never die here..   I guess it is a clash of old btc-in-hand miners vs the new credit-in-hand miners

the new credit-in-hand miners take your equation and find out they would have paid 0btc for miners since they wouldn't get a miner if they had to try to buy btc on credit first..  would be a total waste of fees if possible, so they just keep the equation in $$$ and factor in the increase of btc value as part of their investment.

I'll say it again.. for a lot of the new miners, there is no 'if you bought it with btc' or 'if you just bought btc'

are all the old miners myopic??  staring at hashings screens for 2-3 years probably does that

So if the credit-in-hand view is correct, does that mean if you invest in mining hardware and the btc:usd exchange rate falls, should you blame it on the hardware as well? I see the btc-in-hand approach as having value because it reveals to you exactly where you made your profit (or loss). Certainly once you own some bitcoins you should be doing all subsequent calculations in bitcoin, to work out whether new hardware purchases are worth it or not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: