Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:47:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:11:39 PM

Actually my intention was to ask if there are any info about future plans of KNC ... maybe 1TH / 2TH miner, maybe new prices for Jan?  
Lol bro don't call customers service but you, psychiatrist, diff in January will be 2000mil even now peeps make pre order 5k and get soon 1k a month only, before you waited on avalon but you get a 10k a month

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:21:08 PM

Thank you.  I received what I ordered in within a week of when it was estimated.

Kudos.  That sets you apart from the competition.

The equipment exceeds my expectations, and all the other equipment I own (considerable).

I look forward to my next shipment, and future purchases from your company, as you have done, in my case, what you promised.

Hopefully some balance in a truly poisonous forum...

:-/

Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:23:07 PM

I was even told directly over the phone that my status as a customer was less important compared to those who ordered in June/July, because I didn't help them fund the initial costs. What kind of a company says that to a customer  Huh

Wow, that's a really shitty thing to say.  The price of the November orders proves they care about those people even less.  Now that BTC is in the news again, I'm sure they will sell easy to new suckers.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:26:44 PM

Thank you.  I received what I ordered in within a week of when it was estimated.

Kudos.  That sets you apart from the competition.

The equipment exceeds my expectations, and all the other equipment I own (considerable).

I look forward to my next shipment, and future purchases from your company, as you have done, in my case, what you promised.

I can count the number of people that have (Serious) issues with KnC on one hand.

I'm talking about the people that are on here every day hooting and hollering about how bad of a company KnC is because of this and that.

Having 5 Disgruntled customers out of ~8,000 units shipped isn't so bad.

While I'm aware there are more issues than this, it seems the majority of customers are getting fixed by Firmware or their RMAs seem to be working.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:38:07 PM

Thank you.  I received what I ordered in within a week of when it was estimated.

Kudos.  That sets you apart from the competition.

I can count the number of people that have (Serious) issues with KnC on one hand.

I'm talking about the people that are on here every day hooting and hollering about how bad of a company KnC is because of this and that.

While I'm aware there are more issues than this, it seems the majority of customers are getting fixed by Firmware or their RMAs seem to be working.

Did you put Avenger on your hand? He's gotta be the loudest. Actually, he is the loudest, but probably not even the most serious.

~8,000 units there are certainly more than 5 issues. The firmware updates I think have finally resolved the vast majority of them. Fires seem to have stopped. It would be nice if they would straighten out some of the RMA issues but regardless, there will be people that won't be happy.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:41:04 PM

Are some people getting paid to talk positive about KNC?
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:46:24 PM

Bet BFL pays people to talk bad about other companies or does it themselves under puppet accounts. All is fair in love and business.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:53:29 PM

Bet BFL pays people to talk bad about other companies or does it themselves under puppet accounts. All is fair in love and business.

True that.
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:54:17 PM

LOL.  8000 + units, & only a handful of _very_ loud disgruntleds?  That = a whole lot of happy customers.  Wink

Thing is, those of us that are happy have better things to do then hang out in a very negative forum.  I did not even know this forum existed until after my first order was hashing & my 2nd order was qued.

For me, this forum is like a train wreck now... I can't look away! Cheesy

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:54:50 PM

Why? Do you want to compare rates? Tongue

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:13:55 PM

Can someone verify that the address I was given to return the module to is correct?  
According to a manager at UPS International, this is not a valid address.

KnCMiner
Birger Jarlsgatan 33
11145 Stockholm
Sweden

That is the exact same address I was given too.

And thats the address I have filled out on both the Waybill, and the Customs forms.

Dunno M  - It almost seems like the UPS manager was maybe just trying to find an excuse for their screw up, since other people have shipped there successfully.  Let's just drop it for now, wait and see when the replacement module shows up.  

Standard Swedish address, they put the door number at the end of the road name.

Had bits sent over from the UK to this address, no problem.

Everyone else's RMA arrives fine.

UPS has a very large account registered to this address, so they def know it!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:17:09 PM

Why? Do you want to compare rates? Tongue

I'd gladly take a jupiter saturn mercury to talk in a positive manner about KNC Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:22:05 PM

Relax, I understand you are under a lot of pressure with Hashfast currently no need to take it out on me.

Weak.  As stated before I have a single unit on order with KNC, HF, and Bitfury each.  It is of no stress I intend to experiment with them (and there is a non zero chance I will damage them in the process).  Depending on how well the perform in immersion cooling will depend on if I make a large purchase in 2014 (when prices are lower).  I consider all of them high cost prototypes.  If I break even a across all three that will be a success.

If someone calls in and asks for an advanced RMA and doesn't return their "Broke One" (Which for this scenario it isn't broke) then they now have an extra module and effectively skipped the lines. Worse yet, they actually took a working module away from someone that needed an RMA (I assume they don't have many modules just floating around).

So set the deposit at greater than fair market value.  At $4000 deposit per module RMA I doubt many would be willing to "jump the line" and if people don't want to pay a deposit they can ship first.  As far as not having many modules lying around I would certainly hope they do for both future RMAs and the Nov orders (mine included).  As others have said if you don't want to do something you can always find a reason why it is "impossible".
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:34:14 PM

I was even told directly over the phone that my status as a customer was less important compared to those who ordered in June/July, because I didn't help them fund the initial costs. What kind of a company says that to a customer  Huh
Wow! What a despicable attitude to customers! That really is disgraceful.

But guys (i don't know how to say in english but I try, maybe someone can undestand it) look into yourself and a bit use your brain. What he got on the phone is the raw truth.

Back in june we paid a lot of money in 7 days for an unkown company. And the whole story now is only history....

This is true, we took a lot of risk on these guys and those of us who got in early + got our units delivered are doing OK with the recent upswing on the exchange rate.

However, it's still concerning a CSR would say this to a customer.  Not a good attitude to have when you're dealing with machines at this price point.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:33:36 PM

It's a standard back to base warranty.

What your suggesting is a total ball-ache.

You then need to block trace every payment, which become entirely more convoluted and confusing for customer service.

Keep it simple. Ship it, can you fix it?  or is it something more involved? in which case ship a replacement - get it out the door as soon as poss.

If Redacted wants to share his original tracking code, and is happy with us sharing the return code - you'll see for yourself - turn around the same day.

Sorry Bitcoinorama, but I have disagree with this return policy and the line of reasoning. Lots of companies ship out advance replacement parts with a credit card security deposit, no questions asked. It's flat out lazy for KnC to stick to their guns on this policy and I highly suggest that they revise it for the future.

For the most part, KnC managed to rise above the competitors - why not listen to your customers and go the extra mile? For a company that managed to get it 90% right, it sort of seems complacent and myopic to not want to improve the areas where there is definitely needed improvement.

There are many of us that will want to order from KNC again and improving the customer service would really lock in customer loyalty.

chrono030

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:06:36 PM

An anonymous entity just sent me a huge tip for helping out...
Did I say huge?... I meant GIGANTIC.
Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.
I'm just not sure what else to say...  
except... WOW
The Person(s) know who they are... plz don't ask.

I was a bit curious about this.. and it seems as though there are no transactions that have been sent to your donations bucket?  Seems a bit odd?  Just wondering why is all

https://blockchain.info/address/1HPgsQTVCHuZSRi2Ed29CZZK7VutgkTPvz
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:08:38 PM

Do you think I want to be one of those 5 people? Do you think there is any benefit to anyone that these 5 people exist?
I would have rather had my miners on the 15th or at least 2-3 days later, than expressing my negative views here. It was KNC poor planning or whatever other reason they are comfortable quoting.
And it's not like I was expecting to have my miners on the same days as Day 1 and 2 orders. I was comfortable having them 20 days after the 1st shipments were made, but they managed to stretch that into a 1 month delivery process without any concern of how the customers who ordered last would feel.

While I was impatiently waiting day after day to get some news I called numerous times expressing my concerns about the delay and enquiring about any possible compensation - both Liam and Keith were seemingly understanding and told me again both of them that they have forwarded that to Sam, who had responded that they will come up with something.
Today I was told rather directly with no right of appeal that no compensation will be given whosoever.

Only Bitcoinorama hopefully.
In regards to Bargraphics I completely understand his point of view as he seems happy with what he got and why wouldn't he when he got some fat compensation + he already broke even. Who wouldn't be happy and talk good about KNC. I know I would if I was in same position as he is Tongue

But guys (i don't know how to say in english but I try, maybe someone can undestand it) look into yourself and a bit use your brain. What he got on the phone is the raw truth.

Back in june we paid a lot of money in 7 days for an unkown company. And the whole story now is only history....

I am not going to argue over that, but you don't tell any customer that. It's unprofessional and repulsive.
RChevalier

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:10:12 PM

Sorry Bitcoinorama, but I have disagree with this return policy and the line of reasoning. Lots of companies ship out advance replacement parts with a credit card security deposit, no questions asked. It's flat out lazy for KnC to stick to their guns on this policy and I highly suggest that they revise it for the future.

For the most part, KnC managed to rise above the competitors - why not listen to your customers and go the extra mile? For a company that managed to get it 90% right, it sort of seems complacent and myopic to not want to improve the areas where there is definitely needed improvement.

There are many of us that will want to order from KNC again and improving the customer service would really lock in customer loyalty.

I'm RChevalier, and I approve this message.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:11:41 PM

I am yet to hear a plausible explanation of why KNC do not want to use such form of RMA, apart from discouraging people to RMA.
It's the equivalent of my bank telling me: oh we can't accept money as a security deposit.

And it seems I am not the only one thinking it.
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:22:28 PM

I am yet to hear a plausible explanation of why KNC do not want to use such form of RMA, apart from discouraging people to RMA.
It's the equivalent of my bank telling me: oh we can't accept money as a security deposit.

And it seems I am not the only one thinking it.

OMG, really?  It has been explained, but I will to it again.

You are waiting for your miner.  I have my miner, but want more boards (turn my Saturn into a Jupiter).  I "game" the system by pretending to RMA my boards, pre-pay & all so they send them to me _but_...

... I never had bad boards, I just fooled them into selling me 2 more and effectively jumped in front of you in line.

Get it?

Thank you KnC for not allowing this to happen.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: