Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:15:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:18:23 AM

Any ideas if KnC plan to come out with an overclock or "boost" firmware option for us October customers?

It's below 0C outside here and my miners are in my very cold garage. I'm having trouble keeping them warm enough to keep all the dies/vrms online. A nice overclock would go a long way to help with this and help compensate for the btc I lost from my 2 week late shipment, 7 bad boards, and 8-day RMA on 3 of them.

Nope.  I believe the secret is in the Ericsson VRMs in the Nov batch.  The October batch is handicapped by the GE (?) VRMs.

Well that sucks. So much for being the largest and "best" VRMs they could get huh?  https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-30
If only I could push my boards that hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:19:57 AM

I've asked if they'd exchange my die #0 issue boards with Nov type ones as RMA, I received a clear "No", only Oct type boards (hopefully good ones). Been told I'll receive a shipping label from UPS, didn't receive it... yet.

"We will only be able to re-place your boards with October batch boards."

Well, on the plus side of that, my 3 RMA'd boards function perfectly and have no heat issues or anything. Too bad I still have 4 more with issues. They also don't hash any faster so I guess us October folks are stuck with what we got.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:15:03 AM

Just got my shipping notification for my bonus units. Should be with me tomorrow/Monday I reckon.

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:46:27 AM

Just got my shipping notification for my bonus units. Should be with me tomorrow/Monday I reckon.

"bonus unit" ?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:24:25 AM

They're saying Q1/Q2 delivery. That means end of Q2 delivery at best. Recalculate with a June delivery date.

This. 28nm processes have been around for a while, they are mature and very well understood. As such its predictable and relatively low risk.

20nm is anything but. Its brand new if not still experimental. Its not even certain TSMC will be able to deliver on its roll out schedule, something totally out of KnC's control.  20nm is also quite a complicated beast , among other things, requiring double patterning masksets. Unexpected things and delays seem almost inevitable.

Im not aware of a single 20nm consumer product that is currently scheduled to arrive on the market before Q3. To be fair, what KnC is doing is of course low volume and high margin compared to nvidia/AMD/qualcomm/whatever, so they can afford yield issues and its not unthinkable they come to market before AMD or nVidia, but just assuming KnC will deliver this before Q2 (much less in Q1) because they delivered their 28nm miner only a week or so late, is fairly naive.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:29:01 AM

Seems sales have stalled for a bit.

Down to there are only 866/1500 Neptunes

I bought a single neptune, it's a huge gamble though with such a vague timeline, and not confident enough to buy more. That's $10,000 spent

The november jupiters are awesome, IF they had decided to do a december batch I'd have the confidence to purchase 10 given the short timeframe, proven design which would be $50,000 spent.

KNC should have just creamed the competition by producing monthly batches of the jupiter, worked on the neptune in the background and announced it when there was a better idea of the timeline. IMHO

lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:35:16 AM

"bonus unit" ?

Stuff i earned through the reseller system.

The deal is you sell 10 through your reseller account, once those 10 have shipped, you get yours.

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:35:01 AM

"bonus unit" ?

Stuff i earned through the reseller system.

The deal is you sell 10 through your reseller account, once those 10 have shipped, you get yours.

thanks for the explanation.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:38:30 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:44:24 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

What the bloody did you do? All you have to do is swap cables.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:45:56 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 01:06:28 PM by Phoenix1969

Avenger...
I love you too....sweetie....    I sense a bit of jealousy and resentment.
Fact is... those who got KNC Equipment did well, and continue to do so.
You should have got one... admit it.
Your bashing is like a fart in the wind....   insignificant.
Guess you can't tell us where the asic deals recommended by Avenger are?

I am pretty sure he had an order. I remember during the stressful time waiting for October units some malicious troll said that orsoc is going bankrupt. I think it was him who posted a picture of a guy having a heart attack. So he was pretty stressed at that moment. But maybe he cancelled and requested refund. I don't know.
Well remembered, I did post that photo and was stressed. missed it...you erase it?

I've even posted a picture of my miner a few weeks back. It's more fun for the shills (some of whom already accepted I have a miner, but now changed their minds) to keep up with the line I don't have a miner, e.g.

Avenger...  Die 0 was addressed with the 0.98.1 beta firmware, and most machines were fixed with it. Other than you, I don't think there are more than a handfull more out there..MAYBE.   So to call that the "Biggest issue" is Total Crap.
okay we have...  and now you have tuning suite as well... you could have rma'd it too
1. Avenger  (Assuming he really has a machine)
sorry to interrupt, but Avenger send me pm this afternoon saying thanks for the quota-patch I wrote
he had further questions regarding the quota feature of cgminer and how to apply it, would not make sense I guess in case he would not have a device and the patch applied on his web-interface
thanks...  I'm pretty sure he has one anyway, just tryin to get the chap to "let go the hate", and take advantage of his offer, this is getting silly.
Fickle much Phoenix1969?

If bumcoinobama says anything, you seem to swallow it whole. I'm sure I posted a picture of something similar here the other day?  Cheesy
Yes, I do, and have no reason to distrust him
P.S.
I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY KNC made millions from our preorders, because I have a vested interest into seeing them succeed!  
Let's see. If you had some miners hashing, which you do, you would actually have a vested interest in knc going bust, as it means your miner would earn more BTC if kfc didn't ship any more hashing power.
So what is your vested interest? You are a major cheerleader, I guess you are one of those guys who gets preferential treatment from knc.
 and if they went under, you'd never get a bad board working... and I would have never have had the chance to quintuple my hashpower ordering next gens with the profits. I guess that's just too simple for some to see.  

I was only guessing by phoenix's change in tone that he got something extra from KNC to sweeten him up.
I was already KNC's #1 fan, nice try

Edgar has since got him to reveal he got free boards from knc  Wrong again...Biffa gets that credit, Edgar just whined the loudest... (something else he is now trying to backtrack from Grin ). His behaviour is becoming almost identical to the official forum shill who has been in hiding for the last week, even though he logs in all the time. Quite a joke outfit overall. But it seems no amount of talk will change some people's mind. They say Q1/Q2 and people are thinking they will take delivery in March?  Grin The self-delusion and shillery on this forum is off the chart.
Yeah, really self-diluted... You must be right, and I lost out tons on KNC...  with 5 flippin' Neptunes coming... yeah....self diluted... Backtracking from what exactly?  O'rama is alot more patient in here than I am... as he should be...an employee now, which is why he doesn't have time for trolls anymore

Meanwhile, once again, I'm trying to warm up dies on the garbage knc sent me to get them to come on.
and how long will you complain about the boards before doing an RMA?  Wait long enough, and then you can complain when they are totally out of RMA boards too  

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:01:42 PM

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
CeeCee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:13:45 PM

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.

I have two Corsair AX1200 for my October Jupiters and everything is fine.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:23:47 PM

Here is the aftermath.

Is that just one board out of the 4 that fried? Does it run the other 3 ok?

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:32:08 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.
image edited out
I have two Corsair AX1200 for my October Jupiters and everything is fine.
Ouch! I'd be dialing 100 times during business hours, until you get thru. It took Cypher 40x, and my Aussie friend the same just today... if you are in a hurry....  I'd be eyeballing 3 bucks @ radio shack, and 10 mins soldering.... or going to my neighborhood electronics repair man... should be able to fix in a jiffy  Caps like that are common.
You should have no problem RMA tho I'd think...  Problem is, your email is most likely among 2000 others asking questions that have been answered already...  be assertive mate...keep calling/hitting redial till you get thru. I'm certain they want to take care of you

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:33:31 PM

Here is the aftermath.

Are you sure the PSU you plugged in, didn't have a wire crossed? If you unplugged one PSU which had been running things great, and ONLY plugged in a different PSU, and blew a diode/capacitor, it almost sounds like a ground short/reverse-polarity issue. Especialy given the damage in that picture.

I would seriously check the PSU's wiring, especially if it's modular, before trying to use it again.

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:07:06 PM

Well it was a standard PSU switch I had thought.  As soon as I saw the flame I immediately shut it down.  The other 3 boards are running happily with that same AX1200 so I assume there may have been something faulty with this board?

Looking at the first exploded cap I see that the damage extends through the first layer of the PCB so an easy swap is most likely going to be ineffective, hence why I was trying to contact support for an RMA.

EDIT: Looks like I just received the email from support with an RMA number. So for anybody else wondering it looks like it takes just under 2 days for a reply. Thanks a bunch KNC.

vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:10:40 PM

Well it was a standard PSU switch I had thought.  As soon as I saw the flame I immediately shut it down.  The other 3 boards are running happily with that same AX1200 so I assume there may have been something faulty with this board?

Looking at the first exploded cap I see that the damage extends through the first layer of the PCB so an easy swap is most likely going to be ineffective, hence why I was trying to contact support for an RMA.

EDIT: Looks like I just received the email from support with an RMA number. So for anybody else wondering it looks like it takes just under 2 days for a reply. Thanks a bunch KNC.

So it wasn't just the PSU, you were using a switch of some sort?

Again, for this type of damage, particularly on those specific components, it looks very much like a ground-fault/short. Not a KNC warranty issue. Just mentioning this because you could destroy future boards.

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:20:05 PM

Again, for this type of damage, particularly on those specific components, it looks very much like a ground-fault/short. Not a KNC warranty issue. Just mentioning this because you could destroy future boards.

Correct. No switch, just a standard PSU jumper similar to what was detailed in the manual. I checked the blue extension cable for any signs of damage and it looks fine throughout as well. I am stumped by this turn of events so let's see what KNC discovers when I send it to them.

vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:23:46 PM

Correct. No switch, just a standard PSU jumper similar to what was detailed in the manual. I checked the blue extension cable for any signs of damage and it looks fine throughout as well. I am stumped by this turn of events so let's see what KNC discovers when I send it to them.

Ahh gotchya. Nomenclature.

Pages: « 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: