Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:25:27 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 03:37:46 AM by CYPER

So changed the damaged heatsink with a new one and guess what - temperature still reaching 86 degress.
I added a side fan to blow on the chip and temp dropped down to 62.5.
From the 2 November Jupiters hashing at full speed these are the temps from all 8 modules:

Mind you the 62.5 degrees is low because of the side fan I added, otherwise it is 85-86.

Can anyone give a valid reason why there is such big difference in temps (from 36 to 86). Voltage alone cannot create such a wide range, can it?

Also I don't know how accurate Bertmod is with the 0.99-E firmware, but it shows a FAULT with one of the VRMS on the hot boards and don't this this it is a coincidence:

I am not impressed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:41:57 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 03:54:04 AM by soy

So changed the damaged heatsink with a new one and guess what - temperature still reaching 86 degress.
I added a side fan to blow on the chip and temp dropped down to 62.5.
From the 2 November Jupiters hashing at full speed these are the temps from all 8 modules:

Mind you the 62.5 degrees is low because of the side fan I added, otherwise it is 85-86.

Can anyone give a valid reason why there is such big difference in temps (from 36 to 86). Voltage alone cannot create such a wide range, can it?

I am not impressed

Theory: the snap on heatsink of the VRMs of the hot VRM's aren't making solid contact with the hot surfaces underneath.  They are epoxied in place either by the manufacturer or by KNC, if by KNC then it is to prevent the noise produced by the early units.  If glued in place by KNC, it may be that someone held the board by the VRM in question and unintentionally created an air gap when the weight of the board caused the heatsink to pull away.  That one would run hot because the heatsink isn't making good contact with the heating components underneath and that means that more of the internal heat is dissipated out the bottom to the board where the heat migrates to the ASIC and tends to cause errors.  Just a theory mind you.  I've never tried removing the top of one of mine.  Don't really have to.

If you were going to try and fix it remember it's likely an unusual epoxy.  When I would break down epoxy I'd heat it.  This epoxy is used in a high temperature setting.  It likely snaps/breaks free but what are you going to replace it with?  You could just bend the clip so it snaps tighter and put a quality heat sink tape between the internal components and the snap on lid.  Some have said they press on the VRM and hear a click after which it runs cooler - likely the epoxy snapping on one or more sides and the clip sitting lower but that method stresses the board and could cause breaks in the ball grid array which affixes the ASIC to the PCB.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:15:42 AM

Cyper, when I covered the box up to bring the temps up, I started seeing those Fault 4 codes and the few dead cores didn't go away. Now I run it cold without a problem. Had to do a soft reset to clear the faults.

Also, your output voltages, currents and wattage are all screwed up. Here is what all of mine look like.

I'm here singing my praise of KNC as well, it's not just phoenix! There must be thousands of other orders out there, where are all the imaginary complaints ? I'm sorry, but as a business owner myself, I set a return policy and stick to it. I usually eat a lot of costs during returns and repairs, but that is part of the cost of doing business. It is completely unreasonable for a few people to expect KNC to bend over backwards and advance ship replacement parts to a different country for service. Deposits are tricky, people might charge back the deposit. From what I've seen they do an RMA process and send back repaired or replacement parts quickly. Get your problems solved the way they do it or go pound sand. The only case I've seen that seems iffy is someone with a dead die who won't be given an rma, although I can imagine with the childish nonsense a lot of the trolls here post that it may be a case of a bad customer.

Calling them out as having bad service because you don't agree with the return and repair policy is just as dumb as people complaining that knc is taking advantage of people by selling the neptunes at the price they picked. Grow up. If you don't want it, don't buy it. They have no obligation to give people a great deal and not get what they can out of this business. Anyone who ordered one with btc got a smoking deal now, with the price down 25% and the preorder date right at the highest level. Good job phoenix!! Now you can buy back some btc at a much lower price. Smiley
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:22:01 AM

I am not impressed.

Output at 6.x volts? ...yeah, that's not right at all.

I'd look real closely at both sides of that board and see if anything looks damaged.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:26:01 AM

Output at 6.x volts? ...yeah, that's not right at all.

no decimal on those watt numbers.... Shocked

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:28:17 AM

Its already been said that Bertmod doesn't work with 0.99-E properly

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:30:35 AM

Where is that said, just wondering. I don't see any issues or variation...
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:34:30 AM

Anyone else seeing 630gh on the new Jupiters? Some readings on the first module seem off.

hno on IRC said that bertmod is not expected to work correctly with the November batch, in particular reading the DCDC data.

Here

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
DPoS

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:37:39 AM

Anyone else seeing 630gh on the new Jupiters? Some readings on the first module seem off.

hno on IRC said that bertmod is not expected to work correctly with the November batch, in particular reading the DCDC data.

Here

how are the cores on there??  if many are off that is accurrate

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:41:37 AM

Cyper, when I covered the box up to bring the temps up, I started seeing those Fault 4 codes and the few dead cores didn't go away. Now I run it cold without a problem. Had to do a soft reset to clear the faults.

Also, your output voltages, currents and wattage are all screwed up. Here is what all of mine look like.

I'm here singing my praise of KNC as well, it's not just phoenix! There must be thousands of other orders out there, where are all the imaginary complaints ? I'm sorry, but as a business owner myself, I set a return policy and stick to it. I usually eat a lot of costs during returns and repairs, but that is part of the cost of doing business. It is completely unreasonable for a few people to expect KNC to bend over backwards and advance ship replacement parts to a different country for service. Deposits are tricky, people might charge back the deposit. From what I've seen they do an RMA process and send back repaired or replacement parts quickly. Get your problems solved the way they do it or go pound sand. The only case I've seen that seems iffy is someone with a dead die who won't be given an rma, although I can imagine with the childish nonsense a lot of the trolls here post that it may be a case of a bad customer.

Calling them out as having bad service because you don't agree with the return and repair policy is just as dumb as people complaining that knc is taking advantage of people by selling the neptunes at the price they picked. Grow up. If you don't want it, don't buy it. They have no obligation to give people a great deal and not get what they can out of this business. Anyone who ordered one with btc got a smoking deal now, with the price down 25% and the preorder date right at the highest level. Good job phoenix!! Now you can buy back some btc at a much lower price. Smiley

So Mr Business owner, how many times to customers have to ring you to talk to someone and sort their faulty goods out? A dozen or more like KNC customers have reported? Is your faulty equipment time sensitive and losing your customers thousands while not operating? No? Then I suggest you stick to toasters or whatever completely different type of product you deal with and know about...nothing else costs a  customer money like a broken bitcoin miner. That hashing time can never be recovered. They are simple mechanisms as far as assembly is concerned, so you'd really imagine that they might leave KNC with at least some form of quality control procedure having been involved to prevent the problems some people have had like plastic left on heatsinks.

I have NEVER paid a penny for a faulty item to be replaced or repaired, this is called a warranty and is the whole fucking point of one. To keep the customer happy because he has peace of mind that his product will always be available during the warranty period, I have never even paid postage. When it breaks under warranty that is THE VENDORS/ MANUFACTURERS fault and their responsibility to sort out free of  charge.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:42:52 AM

OK just arrived back with my Nov Jupe.

Heres a thing, set it up on top of the October one I have. Unpacked the brand new 1300W EVGA G2 connected everything up, plugged the PSU into the UPS with the jumper "insulated paperclip method) plugged into the same pins as the 1000W EVGA G2 I have powering the October box.

Switched it on.. BANG, no smoke no smell, but I shat myself, thought thats it I blew the shit out of the Jupiter.

Calmed down, everything else was still running in the room, so no fuses blew, the other Jupiter is still running so good there.

Looks like the PSU blew, so unplugged it from the Jupiter and sure enough I can't get it to start even with nothing plugged in.

Plugged in my backup PSU (Silverstone 1500W) into the November Jupiter, set it up exactly the same, crossed fingers turned it on and... it just started, no problem.

*PHEW* now to RMA the EVGA PSU, likely not find another one for love nor money now. Sad

Notes about the Nov Jupe.

1. It pumps out a LOT more hot air than the October one, and the case itself is hotter as well  Undecided
2. Its pushing out around 670Gh/s Cheesy
3. I cant think of a 3rd thing I'm exhausted Grin

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:44:27 AM

Here

how are the cores on there??  if many are off that is accurrate

Dunno mate, just that hno said that Bertmod might report funky stuff with the November Jupes, I'll try 0.4 on mine in a mo.

DPoS

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:54:36 AM

Heres a thing, set it up on top of the October one I have. Unpacked the brand new 1300W EVGA G2 connected everything up,

lol did you have it in a kill-o-watt too??   I did and the thing blew up and also tripped the circuit..  those things are wack..   glad my others are fine..  the 1000W EVGA works fine but it is also running a PC so who knows if EVGAs are bad when directly into miners without plugging into a PC board

The NZXT Hales are great though with these miners

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:55:03 AM

So Mr Business owner, how many times to customers have to ring you to talk to someone and sort their faulty goods out? A dozen or more like KNC customers have reported? Is your faulty equipment time sensitive and losing your customers thousands while not operating? No? Then I suggest you stick to toasters or whatever completely different type of product you deal with and know about...nothing else costs a  customer money like a broken bitcoin miner. That hashing time can never be recovered. They are simple mechanisms as far as assembly is concerned, so you'd really imagine that they might leave KNC with at least some form of quality control procedure having been involved to prevent the problems some people have had like plastic left on heatsinks.

I have NEVER paid a penny for a faulty item to be replaced or repaired, this is called a warranty and is the whole fucking point of one. To keep the customer happy because he has peace of mind that his product will always be available during the warranty period, I have never even paid postage. When it breaks under warranty that is THE VENDORS/ MANUFACTURERS fault and their responsibility to sort out free of  charge.

Another angry child. So you think that problems don't occur in the real world? Products get shipped, sometimes there are defects. How is KNC not offering a warranty? They have an RMA process, when you want something fixed you send it back and they fix it. You must be living on a different planet if you have never paid shipping to get warranty work done. Hardly anyone pays for return shipping, don't forget it is an international shipment. Hashing time has no bearing on what they do. They sell hardware in a competitive environment. There are variables in play beyond their control. Spoiled little brats being unreasonable is probably why their rep hasn't bothered posting here in a while. It's too bad, really, because his insight was useful.

Seriously it's basically 2014. Who uses IRC!?!?! 

Biffa, load up bertmod, it's painless, then post up your stats. I'm using those ebay ATX power plugs with the jumper and load resistor on mine.
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:17:46 AM

Where is that said, just wondering. I don't see any issues or variation...

The only issue I've read/seen is that it removes the "advanced" tab. You can still get to the page though by just typing in the address...

Edit...NVM, that's for the 0.99-tune for the October miners.
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:27:32 AM

Biffa, load up bertmod, it's painless, then post up your stats. I'm using those ebay ATX power plugs with the jumper and load resistor on mine.

I know I've been using Bertmod since October Smiley

CYPER are you using 0.4 its the one thats supposed to work with 0.99E

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:37:50 AM

I don't have an "advanced" tab at all with .4.  I just browse to my miner IP, and it shows up. If I switch tabs and switch back to the status tab, bertmod won't show up. I have to reload the index page to see it.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:55:49 AM

Hooray, a new name-calling shill who wont accept facts as facts.

KnC, u did it again!

What facts? Please enlighten me. Bring the trolling! I, and many others, have received machines that VASTLY exceed the original specification when ordered, a few days into december (some received them in november!)  Hashing at 650, fastest single machine ever sold right? Hell, I've sent a few emails to KNC and they were all answered within two days with the information I requested.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:06:02 AM

Like I said, looks like plenty of people have machines successfully hashing at 650+. wtf are you talking about. A few people have problems and post about them, have you ever read amazon reviews? The greatest products in the world have a few vocal people who post VERY negative reviews because of little issues that some common sense and appropriate actions would take care of.

If ANYONE wants to sell their november jupiter for every penny they put into them because they are so dissatisfied with the company and product, I'll buy them. Hell, I'll round up and make it $6000 shipped. If you are so blindly negative and unhappy, sell the thing. Otherwise, be quiet already.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:08:29 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 10:51:40 AM by Searing

Like I said, looks like plenty of people have machines successfully hashing at 650+. wtf are you talking about. A few people have problems and post about them, have you ever read amazon reviews? The greatest products in the world have a few vocal people who post VERY negative reviews because of little issues that some common sense and appropriate actions would take care of.

If ANYONE wants to sell their november jupiter for every penny they put into them because they are so dissatisfied with the company and product, I'll buy them. Hell, I'll round up and make it $6000 shipped. If you are so blindly negative and unhappy, sell the thing. Otherwise, be quiet already.

I recommend you use the IGNORE button...it is Zen like in its ability to make happiness (and unicorns and rainbows) out of trolls.....

also it is amusing to watch people argue with themselves in a 1 way conversation.......annoying how ever the troll may be to them...

my 2c worth
Searing

added this note: thus the reply below I can't read...ah.....the bliss!

added added note: now I'm getting troll emails (I don't read them either..defeats the whole ignore button use.... hope it was really long and a time waster to write lol) ah  prob better things to troll about on other forums bitcoin price drop and all....busy day for trolling I'd imagine...he likely has moved on to bigger crisis issues in troll reporting.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: