Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:43:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:14:29 AM

Actually, I'm bored and its snowing heavily. Not really doing anything else right now but watching my eligius payouts grow and the price of bitcoin crash Tongue  Waiting to pick a time to start purchasing coins directly again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dimaze

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:17:56 AM

Figured I'd follow up on my original post about my extended Jupiter (4+2 upgrade modules)

KNC authorized an RMA, and shipped my order back the same day they received it. The boards I got looked completely new, along with the control board. UPS delayed the shipment by 2 days (on an overnight AM delivery), but that's not on KNC.

Some things that I would like to see KNC do in the future:

Provide shipping labels.
Cross ship defective items. Take market value BTC to hold until defective parts come in. Those few days are huge.
Compensate for lost hashing power. Either offer customers direct BTC compensation for lost time, or include some sort of module/credit freebie.
Early morning delivery times instead of evening saver. A 10 AM delivery is much better than 6 PM.
Provide faster updates (I had to email them to receive the tracking number they shipped out) This includes better communication about orders going out and R&D.

I'm happily hashing around 841 on Putty right now. KnC might not be perfect, the delays sucked - but would you rather have preordered with Hashfast or BFL? Anyone else? Time will ultimately tell who was the best investment. Right now, today, I am very happy that I preordered with KNC and not anyone else.

That said, I've got a nice chunk of Neptunes on order. Here's to them spearheading the next generation.

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:29:47 AM

Figured I'd follow up on my original post about my extended Jupiter (4+2 upgrade modules)

KNC authorized an RMA, and shipped my order back the same day they received it. The boards I got looked completely new, along with the control board. UPS delayed the shipment by 2 days (on an overnight AM delivery), but that's not on KNC.

Some things that I would like to see KNC do in the future:

Provide shipping labels.
Cross ship defective items. Take market value BTC to hold until defective parts come in. Those few days are huge.
Compensate for lost hashing power. Either offer customers direct BTC compensation for lost time, or include some sort of module/credit freebie.
Early morning delivery times instead of evening saver. A 10 AM delivery is much better than 6 PM.
Provide faster updates (I had to email them to receive the tracking number they shipped out) This includes better communication about orders going out and R&D.

I'm happily hashing around 841 on Putty right now. KnC might not be perfect, the delays sucked - but would you rather have preordered with Hashfast or BFL? Anyone else? Time will ultimately tell who was the best investment. Right now, today, I am very happy that I preordered with KNC and not anyone else.

That said, I've got a nice chunk of Neptunes on order. Here's to them spearheading the next generation.

Shipping internationally is very expensive. I didn't expect to receive free return shipping if I had a problem when I ordered, and I don't expect to now.
Cross ship? Too much trust and hassle involved. Not everyone has market value BTC, not to mention the incredibly high price available on ebay for these right now. Someone could easily ask for the RMA, ship nothing back and sell both, getting 8-10 x the value they paid including deposit.
Compensate for lost hashing? That's a riot. They just sell the equipment, what you do with it is on you. NO equipment companies will compensate for lost service. The only thing close would be the very small refunds that you sometimes get when your internet connection is out for an extended time.
Early morning overnight shipping is absurdly expensive, and customs has a schedule that nobody can predict. I wouldn't have paid $500 shipping to possibly get these one day faster.

They could be faster with the emails, but there are people who think they have been wronged and think that the best strategy to deal with that is sending hundreds of emails and calling every five minutes. I suppose those people have never been on the other end.

Edgar, what problems do you have with your jupiter/s?? Since you seem to be so unhappy, what is the problem? I offered to take them off your hands and you wouldn't lose any money. You don't want to do that?  I've got plenty of experience as well, and I don't put people on ignore because every so often they learn something. (doubtful with icebreaker and avenger, but with you, I don't know what your issue is). Cheerwhores is a silly term. I'm 100% honest with my reviews, if there was a problem I'd say so. I've tried to ask for ideas on my higher HW errors, but most people want to complain more about the price of neptunes. I'm just a satisfied customer, laughing at the lunatic rantings of some people online.

Leave the pads in, they probably dampen some vibration on the long heatsink mount.
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:41:20 AM

my issue is a simple dead die - not worthy of RMAing according to hno, and sadly i have to agree.

the lost revenue is hardly worth risking to potentially get the same board back or a worse one.

my advice to you, is to leave these so called by you 'lunatics' to their(our) own devices and simply enjoy your good fortune.

before you bring deserved laughter upon yourself if & when your equipment fails and support is none forthcoming.

grey 'thermal pads' anyone???  e2a - thx rickjames, sincerely. i appreciate the support but i'd like a definitely over a probably before i power up.

I'm in the same boat - single dead die on my Oct. Jupiter so hashing at 515GH/s

Not worth the downtime of an RMA

I just checked - no grey pads in my box...
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:03:10 AM

my issue is a simple dead die - not worthy of RMAing according to hno, and sadly i have to agree.

the lost revenue is hardly worth risking to potentially get the same board back or a worse one.

my advice to you, is to leave these so called by you 'lunatics' to their(our) own devices and simply enjoy your good fortune.

before you bring deserved laughter upon yourself if & when your equipment fails and support is none forthcoming.

grey 'thermal pads' anyone???  e2a - thx rickjames, sincerely. i appreciate the support but i'd like a definitely over a probably before i power up.

I fail to see where I was laughing at anyone for their problems, just the attitudes I've run into here. You know the RMA process, if you wanted to deal with it I'm sure they would swap it out for you. Are you just upset that they won't ship you one for free and hope you send one back? If my equipment fails I'll deal with it like an adult and get my device repaired or replaced. Life isn't perfect.

A foam pad isn't doing ANY harm, turn it on and use it.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:12:12 AM

im sure you are wrong, just like the others who are 'sure' about something they are in fact 'unsure' of.

please feel free to retract any of your statements as and when they contradict your newer ones.

life IS perfect, KnC are not. even if they did do what you incorrectly claim i hope for.

all i want is a fully functioning rig.

no BS, no false accusations, no RMA denials, no name-calling, no disregarding of facts....

no BBB hanging off, no buckled heatsink pipes, no fires, no empty rhetoric/lies...

i could go on, but i have to go out.

but be not afeared.

for i shall return and power up eventually, now ive re-attached the fkn BBB!!!

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:16:33 AM

im sure you are wrong, just like the others who are 'sure' about something they are in fact 'unsure' of.

please feel free to retract any of your statements as and when they contradict your newer ones.

life IS perfect, KnC are not. even if they did do what you incorrectly claim i hope for.

all i want is a fully functioning rig.

no BS, no false accusations, no RMA denials, no name-calling, no disregarding of facts....

no BBB hanging off, no buckled heatsink pipes, no fires, no empty rhetoric/lies...

i could go on, but i have to go out.

but be not afeared.

for i shall return and power up eventually, now ive re-attached the fkn BBB!!!

so sell them to me as is and be done with knc. If you don't then you are admitting that you know you got the best available hardware on the market and are going to do well with them.
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:06:44 AM

people

why knc ask psu 1200w for november batch is only use 700w ??

http://awesomescreenshot.com/098227iy0e

looking job
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:13:18 AM

Actually, I'm bored and its snowing heavily. Not really doing anything else right now but watching my eligius payouts grow and the price of bitcoin crash Tongue  Waiting to pick a time to start purchasing coins directly again.

i agree with you here, apart from the snow. (jealous)

only muppets choose to ignore people.

if you are capable of stringing more than half a cobbled punchline together, there is plenty to be learnt from everyones experiences, not just the happily bemused, easily convinced & the cheaply paid off cheerwhores.

now about these 4 grey spongy, 'thermal pad' type things between 2 VRMs & the heatsink??       leave 'em in or pull 'em out?

you just got into my sig  Wink
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:15:01 AM

people

why knc ask psu 1200w for november batch is only use 700w ??

http://awesomescreenshot.com/098227iy0e

Room for improvement? I asked the same thing. Waiting to see the tuning software and an update from bitcoinorama
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:16:19 AM

My november Jupiters all pull 850 watt at the wall, sometimes peak for a second at 900 watt.
KnC already announce that those pretty girls can easily be overclocked.
If your PSU is not at least 1000 watt, you won't be able to enjoy that little extra.
A 1200 PSU is your best choice.

helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:29:05 AM

my first saturn october

have some problem

beagleboard do not start show led light and crash there dont next for led white

dont show any leds red or green

only fix blue led

and saturn dont start

and now wht i make? anyone know or have this problem

looking job
TrippyPippy

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:40:23 AM

Hi,

Noob question.

How do you get to the screen that shows the power being used by a Nov Jupiter on the GUI ?

Regards
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:43:55 AM

If anyone is looking to purchase a Neptune,
I would like to sell two of the five Neptunes I have pre ordered from batch one.
For more info see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=360862.msg3862872#msg3862872
//DeaDTerra
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 10:52:57 AM

IONIZER WONDER

I bought today two of them, I will try it. I´m crazy enought!!!! Cool

I can not believe it, but I pluged this two ionisators in.
One on the left side of my jupiters and one on the right side of them.

I told you yesterday, that every of my miner is running at 671 Gh/s, but now after
one hour with this two ionisators all machines are working with 678 to 680 Gh/s.

You can call it how you want, but I believe that this two 20 Dollar things are doing an good job.

The next what I will do, is to place the two ionisators directly in front of the two fans of on jupiter.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
davebodger

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:26:55 AM

I told you yesterday, that every of my miner is running at 671 Gh/s, but now after
one hour with this two ionisators all machines are working with 678 to 680 Gh/s.

You can call it how you want, but I believe that this two 20 Dollar things are doing an good job.

The next what I will do, is to place the two ionisators directly in front of the two fans of on jupiter.
I think :-

ioniser = static electricity generator.
static electric = bad for electronics. (things can go snap, crackle, pop!).
671 -> 678/680 GH/s = variance (because of short 1 hour test time).

blown up equipment = less competition = small increase in BTC generated if difficulty does not rise so fast or falls.

Just my 2'c worth.

If you think I deserve it - BTC always welcome - 14GkxT2xcpgvGVBgMjtGeFiXrxnttBSRRF
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 12:29:02 PM

I have NEVER paid a penny for a faulty item to be replaced or repaired, this is called a warranty and is the whole fucking point of one. To keep the customer happy because he has peace of mind that his product will always be available during the warranty period, I have never even paid postage. When it breaks under warranty that is THE VENDORS/ MANUFACTURERS fault and their responsibility to sort out free of  charge.

KnC sent me UPS express shipping label to RMA 2 of my board a few weeks back and I received 100% working ASIC board in 3 business days 5,481 miles (8769 km) away (shipped Friday, received Wednesday).  So I am not really sure why you are all flustering over nothing?  You really have nothing better to do then to troll here about an imaginary problem that doesn't exist?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:37:34 PM

I have NEVER paid a penny for a faulty item to be replaced or repaired, this is called a warranty and is the whole fucking point of one. To keep the customer happy because he has peace of mind that his product will always be available during the warranty period, I have never even paid postage. When it breaks under warranty that is THE VENDORS/ MANUFACTURERS fault and their responsibility to sort out free of  charge.

KnC sent me UPS express shipping label to RMA 2 of my board a few weeks back and I received 100% working ASIC board in 3 business days 5,481 miles (8769 km) away (shipped Friday, received Wednesday).  So I am not really sure why you are all flustering over nothing?  You really have nothing better to do then to troll here about an imaginary problem that doesn't exist?
Exactly. Some would rather just cry, whine & moan than get off their duff to actually do something about it... but it's their choice... I say..... let them whine if their too lazy to have their Pick axe sharpened... They'll just mine less, and therefore get less....  which is exactly the price of laziness. The longer they sit & whine about it, the more they short themselves for no reason. It's like self-inflicted punishment!...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:45:19 PM

Exactly. Some would rather just cry, whine & moan than get off their duff to actually do something about it... but it's their choice... I say..... let them whine if their too lazy to have their Pick axe sharpened... They'll just mine less, and therefore get less....  which is exactly the price of laziness.
It's 3:39 AM in Hawaii right now. Are you such a sad git you sit in front of a computer day and night pressing F5 on this page? Do you even have a job, do you actually do anything? And you are describing other people as lazy. Maybe you should get a life and stop taking every opportunity to take pot-shots at people. Get away from your computer, maybe go out into the world you lame-o and do something with yourself, rather than keyboard-jockeying 24-7? You make yourself out to be some "man of action" here, when you just seem to be some saddo sitting at a computer 7 days a week, day and night.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:45:43 PM

I think :-

ioniser = static electricity generator.
static electric = bad for electronics. (things can go snap, crackle, pop!).
671 -> 678/680 GH/s = variance (because of short 1 hour test time).

blown up equipment = less competition = small increase in BTC generated if difficulty does not rise so fast or falls.

Just my 2'c worth.

The ioniser thing reeks of BS, mostly because I can't think of a scientific reason here. Perhaps they do a good job of regulating the power supply or somehow cooled down his ASICs. That being said, ionisers are usually encased so you don't touch them and there's a ground connection to connect the dust. Most likely won't be damaging electronics.
Pages: « 1 ... 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: