Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:13:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:04:22 PM

Is the forum broken? Direct links to post don't seem to work for me. They just go to a specific page, but not to the specific post. Anyone else having this problem?

The latest update to AdBlock causes this symptom, also breaks the 'new' links, if you use it just disable on this site

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:05:40 PM

Is the forum broken? Direct links to post don't seem to work for me. They just go to a specific page, but not to the specific post. Anyone else having this problem?

The latest update to AdBlock causes this symptom, also breaks the 'new' links, if you use it just disable on this site

thx!
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:05:57 PM

Me too much better with 0.99.1 than 0.99.2

I haven't seen a difference in speed between 0.99.1 & 0.99.2 It just added features and security.

I myself have some kinda "genie" in my Jupiter box.....I hashed at 555gh when it was at...the first software  (what was it .90 or some such?)

it hashed at 555gh at .95

it hashes at 555gh at .99 (before tuning version)

it hashes at 555gh with the cover off and two fans on it and the temp in the basement was 51F (the Midwest deep freeze of 2 wks)

it hashes at 555gh today with the temp at 60F

its friggin processed is what it is.....

now Phonex1969 has a different genie (or did) his only worked well when the temp went up (Hawaii)

anyway go figure...me I'm probably just gonna leave the dang thing alone there is something "comforting" about just letting the thing hash a month or more (just don't bump the table..them isobar circuit breaker 8plugs are pretty slick)

now just have to make  a voodoo doll against lightning or I will have phoenix1969s fate     

Searing

Luck?  Suppose that lightening had struck before he sold his gear?
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:12:34 PM

Pretty soon our upgraded Saturn's aren't going to matter with the project I have going on, but they feel like our first baby and we still have to take care of them.

Both of our upgraded Saturn's use to hash rock steady at 560Gh/sec. We have even upgraded our power supplies so each module is on it's own line. Then slowly no matter which firmware we used the hash rate would just very slowly drop and never increase again. Both of our Saturn's are doing this and they are hooked up hashing 100 miles apart from one another. Could it be that the hardware is starting to fail? We never had to mess around with their tuning kit. Apparently their hardware isn't as good as I thought it was if only after 3-4 months starts to behave negatively. I tested the power supplies, made sure all our connections are good. The only thing left is the hardware itself. Very strange our hashing speed would just decrease from 560 all the way to 520 with no intervention at all.

Try a piece of cardboard about 6" wide in the center between the two front modules from the bottom to the under lip above the fans forcing air from the front fans down on the BBB and controller boards.  The slowup not in the modules but in the BBB/controller board and cooling mitigates it.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:17:29 PM

Thank you!

soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:49:34 PM

Will accept refund of my Neptune as 10 krugerrands packaged inconspicuously and shipped to my post office box.
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:34:45 PM

Hi,

i am just starting to tinkering with those oct jups. Looking at the posted "Advanced tuning" tab screenshots i am seeing here i noticed that my "Advanced Tuning" tab looks slightly different and the voltages are already at MAX?!

Thats how it looks. As 0.0374V seems to be the end of that dropout menu it looks like i am not able to rise the voltage?

And why you want to do that? Voltage should worry you only if you have UNDERPERFORMING miner. What's your stats?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:57:23 PM

Thank you!
Yeah, Thanks Tigger.... had same here.
Most progress in 3 days.  

Having a hard time... my baby is dead(desktop) /everything is fried. That was an expensive bolt of lightning.
Next time they talk about solar flares, I'm paying more attention. 1/2 the neighborhood got same.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:23:19 PM

Thank you!
Most progress in 3 days.  

Having a hard time... my baby is dead(desktop) /everything is fried. That was an expensive bolt of lightning.
Next time they talk about solar flares, I'm paying more attention. 1/2 the neighborhood got same.

You are all welcome, the 'new' stopped working for me and annoyed me so much had to find out why

Phoenix1969, sorry to hear your troubles, perhaps it's some sort of karma thing for living in the most beautiful place in the world, I had the pleasure of 2 weeks on Oahu many years ago was paradise Smiley

soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:36:06 PM

Thank you!
Most progress in 3 days.  

I recall you managed to get one of your miners 802.11 bridged but you sold them.  Did you keep the bridge up and was anything isolated via bridge damaged?  Thanks.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:40:06 PM

Thank you!
Most progress in 3 days.  

May I ask what ports on the motherboard were fried?  I was given a laptop fired by lightening and the RJ45 port was BADLY smoked with molten copper and the power brick port was also fried but to a lesser extent.  A desktop would fry differently but still if the energy got in via the RJ45 that would seem most damaged.

The laptop's hard drive was fine.  A good sized SATA, it's now hanging off my wdtv live, living on.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:42:40 PM

Darn, most of you guys have avatars.  My profile sez: Changing avatars is currently not possible.  Any workaround?  I just liberated my ATC ½ Marathon photo (price was a bit high) and tho not very clear, it was free.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:54:03 PM

Thank you!
Most progress in 3 days.  

May I ask what ports on the motherboard were fried?  I was given a laptop fired by lightening and the RJ45 port was BADLY smoked with molten copper and the power brick port was also fried but to a lesser extent.  A desktop would fry differently but still if the energy got in via the RJ45 that would seem most damaged.

The laptop's hard drive was fine.  A good sized SATA, it's now hanging off my wdtv live, living on.

So there's a good chance a new motherboard, CPU, memory and power supply will bring the system back to life with the old hard drive.  In fact you might run down to the store, buy a new desktop, rip out the new system's hard drive, put in yours and boot to your old desktop.  Have your Windows DVD handy for recovery I would think.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:08:39 PM

I live smack-dab @ 19.5 deg if you know what that means... (The Magnetic vortex) right near Kileua Crater
I should have known this would eventually happen. I got comfy here over the past few years thinking it was nonsense.
I wish there was something like solar that would capture electromagnetic/ionic energy and I could
Run some Neptunes with it... lol.
But Aussie Pete & I have a plan for the future using KNC Miners with an Industrial size E-cat (1MW) if we can get that far.
Minimum 1.5 mil we will need for that adventure. No electric bill running miners would be pure profit at some point...  any generation.
I know it sounds like a pipe dream, and maybe it is....  but after doing so well out the gate with KNC we figure if those scenarios were even close to duplicated over the next few months, it could become a possibility.

Soy....  everything was backed up several times... no worries there.. but thanks.
It's a high-end system I custom built... it will be MB(No Post)on MSI-GD658d, GPU(No power)Raedon7970 ... dunno if the cpu is still good or not (core17)  The TX750 that ran it is junk..  rattles like glass inside.  Dunno if the 2166 ocz ram is good or not, or the ssd... gotta test it.
I think I'm gonna trash the whole she-bang, and cut my losses... stick with laptops & external 3.0 drives.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:27:31 PM

I live smack-dab @ 19.5 deg if you know what that means... (The Magnetic vortex) right near Kileua Crater
I should have known this would eventually happen. I got comfy here over the past few years thinking it was nonsense.
I wish there was something like solar that would capture electromagnetic/ionic energy and I could
Run some Neptunes with it... lol.
But Aussie Pete & I have a plan for the future using KNC Miners with an Industrial size E-cat (1MW) if we can get that far.
Minimum 1.5 mil we will need for that adventure. No electric bill running miners would be pure profit at some point...  any generation.
I know it sounds like a pipe dream, and maybe it is....  but after doing so well out the gate with KNC we figure if those scenarios were even close to duplicated over the next few months, it could become a possibility.

Soy....  everything was backed up several times... no worries there.. but thanks.
It's a high-end system I custom built... it will be MB(No Post)on MSI-GD658d, GPU(No power)Raedon7970 ... dunno if the cpu is still good or not (core17)  The TX750 that ran it is junk..  rattles like glass inside.  Dunno if the 2166 ocz ram is good or not, or the ssd... gotta test it.
I think I'm gonna trash the whole she-bang, and cut my losses... stick with laptops & external 3.0 drives.

What would be nice is if they put optoisolators between cable in and Cat5 out in all cable modems.  The design for to prevent energy coming in on the cable to reach the RJ45.  Maybe make it a UL requirement.  The insurance companies will save money.
bitsport

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:41:40 PM

Thank you!
Most progress in 3 days.  

I recall you managed to get one of your miners 802.11 bridged but you sold them.  Did you keep the bridge up and was anything isolated via bridge damaged?  Thanks.

I've been using these N300's with both of my October Jups to wi-fi enable them. No complaints.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:06:31 PM

Thank you!
Most progress in 3 days.  

I've been using these N300's with both of my October Jups to wi-fi enable them. No complaints.

Ah yes but did you have a lightening strike?  I'm pretty sure it was Phoneix who put together a bridge setup with an early Jupiter and laptop.  Low probability he would have kept it in place after selling the Jupiter but thought I'd ask.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:57:09 PM

If i want to access the miner via my laptop and my mobile, lets say 192.168.1.xx + 192.168.1.xx, then what do i put in the management address? It won't let me put in 2 addresses
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:59:08 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 11:11:02 PM by Phoenix1969

Ah, well, right in the sense the network isnt in place atm...  Im using the laptop now, which was my server connection to the wifi access.  I like the idea of using the n300 though!  You just ethernet The KNC machine to it, and it connects to the wifi? is that correct? That sounds great. Tell me all you can...plz!   any configuring?  I was hoping for another solution... like built in wifi on Neptunes...hehe but that's probably a stretch.

I think I found the reason the lightning was attracted to such a strange place.. I found the radio fence wire box was blown off the wall in the laundry area, and was all burnt. The perimeter fence keeps the dogs on the farm via radio wire, which circles the entire 3 acres, and I had to bury it across the driveway, right at the gate... right where the service line crosses the radio wire is where the lightning hit.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:30:49 PM

Ah, well, right in the sense the network isnt in place atm...  Im using the laptop now, which was my server connection to the wifi access.  I like the idea of using the n300 though!  You just ethernet The KNC machine to it, and it connects to the wifi? is that correct? That sounds great. Tell me all you can...plz!   any configuring?  I was hoping for another solution... like built in wifi on Neptunes...hehe but that's probably a stretch.

I think I found the reason the lightning was attracted to such a strange place.. I found the radio fence wire box was blown off the wall in the laundry area, and was all burnt. The perimeter fence keeps the dogs on the farm via radio wire, which circles the entire 3 acres, and I had to bury it across the driveway, right at the gate... right where the service line crosses the radio wire is where the lightning hit.

They buried WWII bulldozers and cranes under where you live and the underground metal attracts the lightening.
Pages: « 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: