Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:04:49 PM

I do, but it would require me posting my banking statements. Not all that keen on that, and I'm not all that keen on going through and marking it up so I can post it. They essesntially charged me for a purchase of BTC I never made (I sold BTC to them, not purchased). Instead of giving me money, they took it out. I'm pretty sure my bank ruled in my favor for a reason.

Makes me wonder if it was a server-side burp. Did they have anything to say about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:08:44 PM

To the folks who have used my referral link for Neptunes: THANK YOU

2 folks have used it. I don't know who, but wanted to provide an update. I will hold to my commitment, any "free" machines I get from KNC, I will dedicate a third of the profits to charities.

I will setup a thread on the matter soon. Those who have used my link can provide me with charity suggestions, and I will give those priorities.

8 more to go for a Neptune

Keep in mind, I can host many Neptunes (power-wise), so don't worry about that. And this is a form of giving to those who don't even know you, which is truly an ultimate form of helping fellow man. There are also charities for the environment, if that's your thing.

greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:09:33 PM

I do, but it would require me posting my banking statements. Not all that keen on that, and I'm not all that keen on going through and marking it up so I can post it. They essesntially charged me for a purchase of BTC I never made (I sold BTC to them, not purchased). Instead of giving me money, they took it out. I'm pretty sure my bank ruled in my favor for a reason.

Makes me wonder if it was a server-side burp. Did they have anything to say about it?

Yep... "we fixed it."

It was not fixed. I had waited 3 weeks to get that reply, and at that point, just went to my bank. I think it was back when they were having tons of issues when BTC started to run in October, so maybe that's why they were slow...but never again for me, CB
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

I like Coinbase as well, but they recently reduced their instant buy limit from 10 BTC per day to 1 BTC per day.

it's 1 per week... rather abysmal

A lot of folks have purchased BTC from Coinbase, waited 5 days for them to be available, and then had the transaction cancelled right before the BTC was supposed to be available after the price went up. Coinbase can cancel transactions and call them "high risk" whenever it benefits them to do so.

if you can get 'whitelisted' this doesn't happen.. whitelisted is more than just level 2.
back when they had active customer service support I was able to get whitelisted and never had an issue again  (except one database issue on their side which affected a lot of people one day)

They also provide no insurance on deposits. I use Coinbase, but don't particularly trust them and don't keep any BTC or USD in Coinbase for longer than it takes to complete a transaction.

they can't keep any customer money on their side. just btc.  they don't have exchange clearance or whatever

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:22:02 PM

To the folks who have used my referral link for Neptunes: THANK YOU

2 folks have used it. I don't know who, but wanted to provide an update. I will hold to my commitment, any "free" machines I get from KNC, I will dedicate a third of the profits to charities.

I will setup a thread on the matter soon. Those who have used my link can provide me with charity suggestions, and I will give those priorities.

8 more to go for a Neptune

Keep in mind, I can host many Neptunes (power-wise), so don't worry about that. And this is a form of giving to those who don't even know you, which is truly an ultimate form of helping fellow man. There are also charities for the environment, if that's your thing.

Nice work Vesper Willow! Very good to hear you're doing it for charity as well.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:41:04 PM

I like Coinbase as well, but they recently reduced their instant buy limit from 10 BTC per day to 1 BTC per day.

it's 1 per week... rather abysmal

A lot of folks have purchased BTC from Coinbase, waited 5 days for them to be available, and then had the transaction cancelled right before the BTC was supposed to be available after the price went up. Coinbase can cancel transactions and call them "high risk" whenever it benefits them to do so.

if you can get 'whitelisted' this doesn't happen.. whitelisted is more than just level 2.
back when they had active customer service support I was able to get whitelisted and never had an issue again  (except one database issue on their side which affected a lot of people one day)

They also provide no insurance on deposits. I use Coinbase, but don't particularly trust them and don't keep any BTC or USD in Coinbase for longer than it takes to complete a transaction.

they can't keep any customer money on their side. just btc.  they don't have exchange clearance or whatever

I know they only keep BTC, but they don't offer insurance on BTC deposits. That means if they get hacked, make an honest mistake, or get cleaned out via an insider job the folks who lose BTC are simply out of luck.

Hopefully Coinbase will insure BTC deposits in the future. They use 2 factor authentication, which is good, but there are still many ways that a customer could get cleaned out by storing BTC with them.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:52:14 PM

I doubt home mining is going to be around by the end of the year, though Cointerra and KNC have both been up front about this. Everything in Bitcoin is evolving quickly at the moment, adoption is up, massive advances in mining, I just wish the price would follow suit. Here's hoping that once the China situation which seems to be hanging over everyone like a dark cloud is out of the way, we see the price improving.

I also think it's quickly going to turn into a 2 horse race.

May I ask what you feel the China situation is and what would put it 'out of the way'?  I don't disagree I just don't understand.

If it's anything like printed circuit board manufacturing in the US it doesn't end well.
lemonte

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:00:44 PM

I doubt home mining is going to be around by the end of the year, though Cointerra and KNC have both been up front about this. Everything in Bitcoin is evolving quickly at the moment, adoption is up, massive advances in mining, I just wish the price would follow suit. Here's hoping that once the China situation which seems to be hanging over everyone like a dark cloud is out of the way, we see the price improving.

May I ask what you feel the China situation is and what would put it 'out of the way'?  I don't disagree I just don't understand.

If it's anything like printed circuit board manufacturing in the US it doesn't end well.

Clarity, even if it's bad news, reading posts/articles from a Chinese persons perspective and speaking to a few, they too are in the dark with what the guidelines actually mean. I'd like to see volumes kick in and things heading back in the right direction after the 31st, even if that does mean a crash first. Then again, there is the argument that the news is already priced in.

2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 10:20:54 PM

*disclosure: My opinion is more favorable because I've got a batch 1 Neptune order.*

Wow, I've never taken all day to read one thread. Holy shit, people, stay on topic!

Lots of good chatter, I'm glad to see you're all keeping it together for the most part.

Observations

1. KNC is trying very hard to juggle all these balls. I think they're doing very well.  It is clear to me that KNC is doing their best to give their customers every advantage they can.

2. Power supply conversation: KNC : PLEASE DONT' FEEL OBLIGATED TO INCLUDE A PSU. This is crazy simple, people. Buy your own PSU's (back ups are a good idea...).

3. Self appointed know-it-alls are dragging this thread down. News flash: None of you know anything for certain, so please stop speculating about speculations. What I (and I think we) need is real time information, not speculation. If you have real information to contribute, please keep it coming!

edit: 3.1 : Coinbase is solid, I've had positive experience there.

4. I am a poker player and like a good gamble. I have learned to make my bet when the betting is good, which I've done. Then let it shake out... HODL as you'd say. I will HODL. I suggest you do the same, or don't. But I don't care Smiley If you decide not to, please delay your refund or sale of your hardware as long as possible.

I appreciate all the conversations, here. Thanks!
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

Having seen how sexy the HF and CT cases are, a really interesting on-topic discussion would be the neptune case design? No one has mentioned that yet.

I'm sure knc would appreciate some input at this early stage, way before they start, so they don't go and make the Jupiter mistake again (i.e. front heatsinks blasting hot air into back heatsinks, attaching last minute baffles to lid - a lid which many people leave off)  Cool

Assuming they go for a 4 board design again, what would be your ideal neptune case look like? Air/water/oil? You're paying - might as well tell them what you want  Smiley

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
lemonte

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:47:05 PM

Having seen how sexy the HF and CT cases are, a really interesting on-topic discussion would be the neptune case design? No one has even mentioned that yet.

I'm sure knc would appreciate some input at this early stage, way before they start, so they don't go and make the Jupiter mistake again (i.e. front heatsinks blasting hot air into back heatsinks, attaching last minute baffles to lid - a lid which many people leave off)  Cool

Assuming they go for a 4 board design again, what would be your ideal neptune case look like? Air/water/oil?

There were some mock ups on the Kncminer forums a while ago, can't find them now.

I'd like water or oil, easier to build a little cooling system for multiple units rather than buying loads of noisy fans.

2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 10:59:49 PM

Having seen how sexy the HF and CT cases are, a really interesting on-topic discussion would be the neptune case design? No one has mentioned that yet.

Assuming they go for a 4 board design again, what would be your ideal neptune case look like? Air/water/oil? You're paying - might as well tell them what you want  Smiley

I choose function over form. It would be the ugliest thing ever as long as it mines like a champ.
The Avenger

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:12:33 PM

Assuming they go for a 4 board design again, what would be your ideal neptune case look like? Air/water/oil? You're paying - might as well tell them what you want  Smiley

I choose function over form. It would be the ugliest thing ever as long as it mines like a champ.
People said that about Jupiter - and knc took them at their word Grin

I imagine this time around, people will want something slightly better than 2x 140mm fans to keep $13k machine cool?

"I am not The Avenger"
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:13:57 PM

If the day ever come that amazon accepts btc...watch out Smiley

not so sure that would be good short term..  if you followed the overstock situation, coinbase turned it into a reverse layaway plan.  They dropped their instant buy from 10btc/week to 1btc/week so if you are trying to shop for anything over ~$80 you will have to wait 5-7 days to buy enough coins from coinbase...  but if you already have 400 coins and want to cash out into items, then that is a lot more selling pressure than buying.

Exactly why coinbase is for total noobs, and children.   Why would one go to coinbase and establish such a bottlekneck?
It's worthless if you are moving large amounts. Nothing beats a real exchange.
The tiered confirmation system there sucks too. I've been confirmed at all the exchanges...no problem; but when I go to get confirmed at coinbase, I always get rejected, because they always try to ask questions from my childhood, and I don't see how their questions could ever be answered; I'ts like they're asking housing questions from when I was 2yrs old, how the fuzz am I supposed to know that? I gave up after a half-dozen attempts over a two week period...   but no worries with those ridiculous limits, I'm totally stoked with Bitstamp and Camp BX

Coinbase is for noobs but you tried to sign up half dozen times over a two week period? I'm verified at Bitstamp and Camp and they're all the same.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:14:28 PM

Clarity, even if it's bad news, reading posts/articles from a Chinese persons perspective and speaking to a few, they too are in the dark with what the guidelines actually mean. I'd like to see volumes kick in and things heading back in the right direction after the 31st, even if that does mean a crash first. Then again, there is the argument that the news is already priced in.

I nod and smile affirmatively.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:19:04 PM

Having seen how sexy the HF and CT cases are, a really interesting on-topic discussion would be the neptune case design? No one has even mentioned that yet.

Assuming they go for a 4 board design again, what would be your ideal neptune case look like? Air/water/oil?

There were some mock ups on the Kncminer forums a while ago, can't find them now.

I'd like water or oil, easier to build a little cooling system for multiple units rather than buying loads of noisy fans.

Aye, something that would lend itself to running plumbing thru the wall to the outside where forced air cooling of the ASICs' circulating fluid would be sufficient even when it's 102°F out while the rest of the electronics are at a reasonable room temperature.  Or if the ASICs need to be even cooler, an outside forced air pre-cooler then a second cooling indoors.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:34:46 PM

Aye, something that would lend itself to running plumbing thru the wall to the outside where forced air cooling of the ASICs' circulating fluid would be sufficient even when it's 102°F out while the rest of the electronics are at a reasonable room temperature.  Or if the ASICs need to be even cooler, an outside forced air pre-cooler then a second cooling indoors.

if 2 or 3 of these came in a rig that I can heat my pool while cooling off the miners then I might get interested  Cool

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:51:30 PM

Please knc make some nice stickers for miners
The Avenger

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:54:44 PM

Please knc make some nice stickers for miners
Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
dominic25

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Don

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:56:54 PM

With respect to the speculation above we sold out of Neptune's last night.

Can you post how many Neptunes are sold in all batches? Just trying to calculate PHs when they eventually come online.

If each batch is 1200 would that be about 1.5 billion difficulty added for all 3 shipped is that right?

Yes, that's about right, (in THs):
https://www.google.rs/search?q=1200+*+3+*+3

10,800 THs = 1,508,742,620 difficulty. That's in case each Neptune is 3 THs, add expected overclocking %.

Edit:
Waiting for Bitcoinorama confirmation there are 3 X 1200 Neptunes sold.
So if they were to ship:

$10k 1200 start of may
$13k 1200 end of may
$10k 1200 batch 2 - june
1200 every month till dec 2014

If they were to ship a batch every month like cointerra plan on doing we would have just the neptunes adding roughly 4.5 billion difficulty by end of 2014. Each batch upping difficulty by 500 million?. wow

edit:
Please note those numbers are extreme speculation don't base any purchases or refunds or any decision on anything I say Cheesy

Does anyone know who it is that added 363TH to Eligius Pool about two weeks ago?
Pages: « 1 ... 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: